• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I don't know what;s weirder, the fact that Mercedes-Benz made a level or the fact that it was better designed than most of the event courses.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
now then looking at the empy spots on the roster plus the release window of Q2 2016
we currently have 8 more characters to go (we only just go shadow mewtwo revealed last month afterall)
now looking at the tekken standard we are missing haradas major trope...a fighting bear
so pangoro, ursarang, or beartic who will get in?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hey Harada, when's SmogonFrog?

I need my Kalos Pokemon.

:4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja::4greninja:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So while I was gone:
-A Final Smash Broadcast for the 15th. *insert Final Countdown* Now we have to wait till then. *sighs*
-Hyrule Warrior scans featuring Link with Pj colors, Toon Link with Pajamas as an alternate costume, WW Great Fairy colors for Fi, PH Biggoron colors for Darunia, WW Phantom Ganon colors for Ganondorf and alternate colors for Tetra, Skull Kid, Zant, Lana(which looks an awful lot like Tiki/Terra. Not that I'm complaining.) and Ghirahim. The fact that Toon Link, Tetra and even Skull Kid have alternate costumes/colors makes me hope the DLC characters will get some too, considering they come with the 3DS game. Also, hopefully we can transfer the new colors/costumes over to the Wii U version as well.
-Sceptile reveal for Pokken. Looks pretty good.
-A new Toho Godzilla movie for 2016 with a rather creepy Godzilla. That being said, I'm looking forward to it.
-And a Mercedes-Benz costume and level for Mario Maker.

This is going to be a long week, isn't it?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
not gonna lie gen 5 and 6 will probobly be getting the next couple of characters witha gen 2 mon inbetween

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I can't wait for the final Direct specifically dedicated to Smash(as it actually said). I do expect balance patches through some of the next year, and maybe slight DLC at best.

D

Deleted member

I just want either Zoroark, Feraligagr, Azumarill, Galvantula or Aegislash
Don't even need those because the roster is already great but they are definitely my most wanted
Don't sell the onionskin before killing it.;) And by far we both lose.

He looks awesome to play as.
Actually, I'm still winning
I can't be losing if neither Wolf nor K. Rool were revealed :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
For reference, Pokken is still missing a Normal, Rock, Ground, Bug, and Dragon (not including Mega Charizard or Mega Sceptile) Pokemon. Garchamp alone takes care of two of those. :p
Rock type you say?...

I think I have a solution.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
now then looking at the empy spots on the roster plus the release window of Q2 2016
we currently have 8 more characters to go (we only just go shadow mewtwo revealed last month afterall)
now looking at the tekken standard we are missing haradas major trope...a fighting bear
so pangoro, ursarang, or beartic who will get in?
I'd say Ursaring for a couple of reasons. It's the original bear, and there's yet to be a Normal type on the roster, but there are already Dark (Weavile), Fighting (Lucario, Machamp, Blaziken, etc), and Ice (Weavile again) on the roster.

That and Ursaring's one of my favorite Pokemon. :p

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I'd say Ursaring for a couple of reasons. It's the original bear, and there's yet to be a Normal type on the roster, but there are already Dark (Weavile), Fighting (Lucario, Machamp, Blaziken, etc), and Ice (Weavile again) on the roster.

Yeah, have to agree. Definitely see Ursaring being in it, possibly with straight-up Kuma's moveset. (although I guess Pangoro could have it along with some Dark moves)

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

i see beartic getting in because harada's done a brown bear and a panda before but never a polar bear plus gen 5 currently has 0 reps

kylexv

Smash Master
Welcome to Youtube Rewind 2015, where you are reminded of everything bad (and a few good) Youtube had to offer in 2015! :troll:
Don't forget about a break dancing Freddy Fazbear. Because why not.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There is always some sort of content that is added into the console release of arcade games, I really won't worry about it tbh.
This, plus I wouldn't be surprised to see DLC to. Namco is making it after all.

As for mons, I want, as Stated, some gen 6 and 5 mons, and for each gen to have reps.
-Swalot
-Zoroark-
After just seeing it suggested: Barabacle
- Deoxys
-Zygarde
- magmortar or electivre
-Ursaling
- Any hitmon
And more but i will leave it at these for now.

Khoru

Smash Champion
honestly the best part of sceptile's inclusion is that now it can have a better roster maker icon than battle revolution

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well considering that this is the last Smash Direct, I'm thinking about doing a timeline of Smash Bros 4 from the star in 2013, to the release in 2014 and at the tail end with 2015 of DLC.

Everything that went on from character reveals, funny moments like leaks and HOO HAA and just everything else in between.

Soul.

Seconded.

I need Sylveon in Pokken, Scizor too.
It can be a fun addition as long as they don't make quadrupedal Pokémon have the same kick moves as Suicune. Hopefully.

I guess the devs can have it spam Hyper Voice Kappa

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Isn't that a person?
Champion Iris for Pokkén, haha.

Seriously though, I think Snorlax would be cool. I feel like it'd be a good fit for the "slow, heavy-hitter archetype." It's also a pretty iconic normal type Pokemon in its own right. I wonder how they'd work its sleepiness into its moveset though... Jigglypuff would be neat too now that I think about it.

Here's a random question for everybody: what're you going to do to pass the time between now and the Smash presentation thing on Tuesday?

I'm probably mostly going to be playing Splatoon and doing some real life stuff. I doubt I'll be able to watch the stream live because of that real life stuff, so I'm hoping I can find a way to watch it later without being spoiled.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

If Ursaring is the original bear, then what in the world is Snorlax?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
User was warned for this post
Posts like this are wecome in the PMS, bastion of PMDT power besides r/ssbpm, so I'm pretty sure we're allowed to talk about this stuff. Here's some images.

-IMAGES REMOVED FOR CENSOR DODGING-
Images back with custom naughty word censors! :D

Conclusion / TL;DR: A "reliable informant" dropped the hint to the PMDT to stop immediately due to Nintendo / Konami prepping for a lawsuit.

I'm betting, moreover, they want to put Snake in Smash 4, hence more chance for being discovered, more reason to sue the competition etc.
Snake is coming for Smash 4, likely announced December 15th.
But it's also likely that Konami is being butts in general, as they have been recently.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Seriously though, I think Snorlax would be cool. I feel like it'd be a good fit for the "slow, heavy-hitter archetype." It's also a pretty iconic normal type Pokemon in its own right. I wonder how they'd work its sleepiness into its moveset though... Jigglypuff would be neat too now that I think about it.

Here's a random question for everybody: what're you going to do to pass the time between now and the smash presentation thing on Tuesday?
School.
Posts like this are wecome in the PMS, bastion of PMDT power besides r/ssbpm, so I'm pretty sure we're allowed to talk about this stuff. Here's some images.

Conclusion / TL;DR: A "reliable informant" dropped the hint to the PMDT to stop immediately due to Nintendo / Konami prepping for a lawsuit.

I'm betting, moreover, they want to put Snake in Smash 4.
Snake is coming for Smash 4, likely announced December 15th.
Konami more than likely got mad about Snake in Project M because it was becoming somewhat of a standalone game, and they were making changes outside of the lines of how the character was represented in Brawl. Snake was a licensed character for Brawl, which means that there were guidelines as to how he had to be represented on both sides. By making changes to Snake, the PM Dev Team was altering Konami's property outside of the boundries established for Brawl, and that is illegal. This doesn't confirm Snake for Smash 4 by any means. (as much as I'd like to have Snake tho)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ever make a mistake so unbelievably stupid you dont know how you got there in the first place?

So I assumed with Disc 3 being it's own thing there would be a lot of content. I assumed this would be a bait and switch. "It's not the real final boss. That comes later"

*beat Birth of a God*
"okay cue the cutscene and the plot twist."

I am not prepared. I am about to die. bye.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thank you, reliable anonymous from 4chan, I believe I can trust you

Last edited by a moderator:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I will feel so bad if K.Rool is not revealed, it would be like 3 years of Smash 4 propaganda for nothing.
Well, that would happen with every popular character, but K.Rool was requested for Melee, Brawl and now Smash 4, unlike Bandana Dee, Inklings and others.
It would be like the ultimate failure :/
I'm late on this, but I wouldn't say it was ultimately a failure... yet.

It may be considered a failure in regards to Smash (a Mii costume is not a victory I'd celebrate), but at the very least the Kremling Kampaign raised enough of a profile to get Retro Studio's attention. They're certainly aware of K. Rool's demand; it's only a matter of time if they'd reintroduce the King in a future Donkey Kong game. Who knows, maybe Sakurai would reconsider if K. Rool was put back in the fray of his own main series (unless Sakurai lacked a creative vision for K. Rool as a fighter).

If Retro continues on without K. Rool, then yeah, it was an ultimate failure.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Here's a random question for everybody: what're you going to do to pass the time between now and the Smash presentation thing on Tuesday?

I'm probably mostly going to be playing Splatoon and doing some real life stuff. I doubt I'll be able to watch the stream live because of that real life stuff, so I'm hoping I can find a way to watch it later without being spoiled.
Working out, playing pokemon sovereign of the skies, and helping watch two children. By the time that's all done, the Direct will be starting!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If Snake is coming to Smash 4 I'll be very upset.

I think he deserves it based on being in Brawl, but I dislike the idea of Nintendo and Konami being all buddy buddy. I'm usually pretty mature when it comes to company's "behaviors". But I will not like the idea of Konami getting anything out of Snake's inclusion.

Edit: And I doubt Sakurai will ever let it happen. That man has the world's biggest veto button. We've seen it in action. If anyone knows what happened between Kojima and Konami it is him. Kojima is one of his best buddies. Sakurai will be like "Oh hell nah" if Konami walks through his doors

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
The feel that the Direct is less than a week away.... It still kinda feels unreal, ya know?

As much as I'm glad that this is most likely the end of the line, like, I've ridden this train all the way, and I dunno how I'll feel when I have to get off. Happy? Yes, but I'll kinda miss it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hey man, I didn't say it would. I was just informing about some plausibly plausibilities and predicting.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I've got a feeling for Isaac.

Never cared for Isaac.

Never played Golden Sun.

Never gave a **** about him.

But I feel it in the force. Also Inklings. A Shovel Knight STAGE.

And... and... oh god.... RIDL-----

Oh. . .
oh. . .

OH
Even without any preparation I won. The finishing blow was Yuffie auto attacking while confused/dizzy/something

After playing it is really obvious why his game gets so much praise. Even with how old it is it is still fantastic. Now i've beaten the big one. Time to beat all the rest.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I pretty much did the timeline for everything regarding Smash 4 from E3 2013 to Next Wendsday

• E3 2013: New game revealed to the world with newcomers :4megaman::4villager::4wiifit:
  • Character reveals of 2013: :4olimar::4luigi::4peach::4tlink::4sonic::4marth::4zelda::4dedede:
  • December 2013: Trailer for Newcomer :rosalina: revealed
  • February 2014: Trailer for Newcomer :4littlemac: revealed
  • March 2014: Second rumor popped up on Gemastu saying future newcomers were Palutena, Miis, Pokemon from Gen 6, Chrom, Chorus Kids, Shulk and Pac-Man
  • April 2014: 1st official Smash Direct featured new information on stages, online modes, Smash Run on 3DS, new Assist Trophies and reveal of fighters :4zss::4sheik::4yoshi: & Trailer for Fighter :4charizard: & Newcomer :4greninja:
  • E3 2014: Trailers for Newcomers :4mii: & :4palutena:(stealth reveal of :4darkpit:) revealed along with first introduction of amiibo. Smash Invitational Event occur with ZeRo winning the event. :4pacman: was revealed in a Closed Door event later that day.
  • July 2015: Trailer for Fighter :4falcon: and Newcomers :4robinm::4lucina: revealed
  • Character reveals of 2014: :4lucario::4diddy::4myfriends::4metaknight:
  • August 2015: Member of the ESRB leaked the final initial roster for the 3DS version (:4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4ness::4rob::4wario::4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4darkpit:)
  • August 2014: Trailer for Newcomer :4shulk: revealed
  • September 2014: 3DS version of Smash 4 was released in Japan
  • October 2014: 3DS version of Smash 4 was released internationally
  • October 2014: Leak of supposed Tower of Smash popped up; final characters who were Wii U exclusive were Chorus Kids, Dixie Kong, Impa and Wolf
  • October 2014: 2nd Smash Direct (50 Facts Extravaganza) featured new stages, modes, Trailer for Newcomer :4bowserjr: and the model of future DLC fighter Mewtwo.
  • November 2014: Wii U version of Smash 4 was released
  • November 2014: First Wave of amiibo was released
  • December 2014: The Birth of the HOO HAA meme :4diddy:
  • December 2014: Second Wave of amiibo was released
  • February 2015: Third Wave of amiibo was released
  • February 2015: Video Leaked of possible fighter Rayman and Mewtwo onto the internet by Artsy Omni. Was proven fake days later
  • April 2015: Trailer for Fighters :4mewtwo:&:4lucas: were revealed. First Wave of Mii Fighter costumes were revealed. Official Super Smash Bros Fighter Ballot was open to the public
  • April 2015: Wave 1 of DLC was released with Balance Patch, Mii Fighters and Mewtwo
  • April 2015: Datamine of update shows leaked fighters of Roy and Ryu
  • May 2015: Fouth Wave of amiibo were released
  • June 2015: Leaked footage of Roy, Ryu and Lucas were revealed tto the public
  • E3 2015: 3rd Smash Direct (New Content Approaching) featured new DLC stages, 2 wave of Mii fighter costumes, amiibos and new fighters :4lucas::4feroy: & Newcomer :4ryu:. Second DLC Wave Released shortly after
  • July 2015: Third Wave of DLC was released; featured stages Hyrule Castle 64 and Peach's Castle 64, Third Wave of Mii Fighters costume and Tournament Mode
  • August 2015: Tamaki of Unseen 64 reveals of supposed rumor of Shovel Knight in Smash Bros. Character's amiibo reveal in that month
  • Septemeber 2015: Fouth Wave of DLC released; features stages Super Mario Maker, Pirate Ship (Brawl) Wii U exclusive, Dunk Hunt 3DS exclusive and fouth wave of Mii fighter costumes
  • October 2015: Supposed rumor from RogerBase reveals of a Splatoon Direct with Inkling as a fighter for Smash Bros with a trailer
  • November 2015: Trailer for Newcomer :4cloud: was revealed along with Mii Fighter costume of Chocobo
  • December 2015: 4th and Final Smash Direct

So how was it? Anything I missed?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Sceptile looks amazing.
I made this a while back, calling sceptile I might add. The top ones are the base roster, the bottom ones are honorable mentions/DLC. Each type is represented at least once, and each gen is represented at least twice.
Pokken Roster.png

Tell me what y'all think.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
School.

Konami more than likely got mad about Snake in Project M because it was becoming somewhat of a standalone game, and they were making changes outside of the lines of how the character was represented in Brawl. Snake was a licensed character for Brawl, which means that there were guidelines as to how he had to be represented on both sides. By making changes to Snake, the PM Dev Team was altering Konami's property outside of the boundries established for Brawl, and that is illegal. This doesn't confirm Snake for Smash 4 by any means. (as much as I'd like to have Snake tho)
Couldn't they just swap Snake and Sonic out and replace them with Sami and Dillon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom