• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So, looking back at everything in SM4SH so far:

Who is your favorite newcomer theoretically, and who is your favorite newcomer to play?

Mega Man is my favorite newcomer theoretically, but I don't really like his gameplay.

My new favorite newcomer to play as is a toss up between Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt.
I can answer both easily.

Let's see:
:4villager: Is kinda ehh but I like him
I do enjoy playing :4megaman: time to time
Me and :rosalina: don't click
:4greninja: feel kinda weird after a few patches (this was after the December 2014 patch that butchered him)
:4palutena: is pretty fun but I hate her normals aside from her Up-Smash, Up-Tilt and Up-Air
All of the :4mii: suck aside from :4miibrawl:
:4pacman: is a cool cat but I suck with him alot
:4lucina: is easy mode Marth but hard mode Roy
:4shulk: is incredible and a great secondary
:4bowserjr: isn't that special but I grew with him being in the game and think he's the best designed newcomer in Smash 4 and Smash Bros overall
:4duckhunt: is a nice retro rep
:4darkpit: is just an inferior Pit IMO. I like his arrows moreso but Electroshock Arm is damn good
:4ryu: feels great and how I dreamed he would.

But outside of that, nothing much. I do have 3 other favorite newcomers. But they aren't that special. I don't have favorite newcomer of who I play

Nope. None at all
image.jpeg

:4littlemac::4robinm::4wiifit:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In other news

@PushDustIn has a new article out that I suggest you give a read over to keep in mind for the Broadcast next week. Also, you might notice it says this:

"Source Gaming will be hosting a LIVE podcast. The podcast will start an hour before the Smash broadcast. During the broadcast, we will mute ourselves so everyone can enjoy listening to Sakurai. Once the broadcast is over we will begin SourceCast # 6.
List:
Nantendo
PushDustIn
Spazzy_D
Neo Zero
A Special Guest"

So we invite you guys to join us then, where we'll discuss the Broadcast and answer your questions live on the air. More details, as well as our exciting guest, will be talked about soon by our lovely host PushDustin, and make sure to follow @AllSourceGaming on Twitter for more updates. We hope to see you guys there, and as the article says, make sure to be responsible in your hype~!
RSM in picture?
Reckless Safety Man confirmed!

I'm looking forward to this though!

Soul.

More"NX patents." Can it be 2016 already.

I don't think they'll be using these; more so saving them for future ideas.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I can answer both easily.

Let's see:
:4villager: Is kinda ehh but I like him
I do enjoy playing :4megaman: time to time
Me and :rosalina: don't click
:4greninja: feel kinda weird after a few patches (this was after the December 2014 patch that butchered him)
:4palutena: is pretty fun but I hate her normals aside from her Up-Smash, Up-Tilt and Up-Air
All of the :4mii: suck aside from :4miibrawl:
:4pacman: is a cool cat but I suck with him alot
:4lucina: is easy mode Marth but hard mode Roy
:4shulk: is incredible and a great secondary
:4bowserjr: isn't that special but I grew with him being in the game and think he's the best designed newcomer in Smash 4 and Smash Bros overall
:4duckhunt: is a nice retro rep
:4darkpit: is just an inferior Pit IMO. I like his arrows moreso but Electroshock Arm is damn good
:4ryu: feels great and how I dreamed he would.

But outside of that, nothing much. I do have 3 other favorite newcomers. But they aren't that special. I don't have favorite newcomer of who I play

Nope. None at all
View attachment 86958
:4littlemac::4robinm::4wiifit:
That's me with :4ganondorf::4darkpit::4robinm:. lol

Also, Bowser Jr. is a great character in Smash. I love all the Clown Car shenanigans and the Koopaling alts. The Shadow Mario Final Smash is a great nod to Super Mario Sunshine, Bowser Jr.'s debut game.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That Nintendo controller seems to made specifically to address complaints about the Wii U controller being too bulky for normal use. This one is the best of both worlds.

Having an oval screen is kind of odd though.

The part about the "ballot winner" is really painful to sit through.

These guys think it's 100% a popularity contest where the character with the most "votes" wins. :facepalm:
To be fair to them, that is pretty much how you'd interpret the word 'Ballot'.

This stylish dude is, in my view, the ideal choice:

That is Daitoryo, or President. As you likely know before making video games nintendo started off making Hanafuda cards. Daitoryo is on the box of what is to this day their most popular Hanafuda deck. He would represent Nintendo's pre video game history. I've even made a moveset.
We'll add him.
And then Abraham Lincoln from Codename STEAM.

So we can fight Abhraham Lincoln vs. Napoleon Bonaparte in Smash. lol

:231:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
All these other Monado Boys...

You all make me so proud :074:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm wondering if I should go off the net soon to avoid spoilers. When Roy and Ryu's trailers were leaked EVERY SINGLE DAMN WEBSITE THREW SPOILER WARNINGS OUT THE WINDOW! I know the characters themselves were leaked long before but I just wanted a little hype. Why was that so hard?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
All these other Monado Boys...

You all make me so proud :074:
Eveybody loves Shulk.

Shulk is cool. He isn't like any other JRPG protagonist, he isn't brooding or hot blooded, he's a middle ground, down to earth dude is want revenge for 'killing' his girlfriend

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I'm wondering if I should go off the net soon to avoid spoilers. When Roy and Ryu's trailers were leaked EVERY SINGLE DAMN WEBSITE THREW SPOILER WARNINGS OUT THE WINDOW! I know the characters themselves were leaked long before but I just wanted a little hype. Why was that so hard?
Given Cloud I'd assume Nintendo's actually bought into the memes and hired ninjas to assassinate leakers before they get out by this point.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm considering it myself.

I would be very upset if a character leaked within the next five days... ESPECIALLY if it's from some dumb news website.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That is some badass ****.

I know people say not to get hyped for patents. But you can't just patent something without having the intention of taking an interesting technology forward. Heck, over half of the Patents we saw for Project Cafe (Wii U) ended up being part of the system.

That controller looks hella interesting.

Chrono.

Lol there's an XCX "rumor" going around that teleporting even once locks a "Secret Skell"

We're back in middle school-tier rumors.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Eveybody loves Shulk.

Shulk is cool. He isn't like any other JRPG protagonist, he isn't brooding or hot blooded, he's a middle ground, down to earth dude is want revenge for 'killing' his girlfriend
And Doesn't Afraid of Anything

I feel like going off the net is a bit overkill. I mean, They managed to keep Cloud of all characters a secret (No, Mr. Neogaffer doesn't count), so I'd at least give it until the day before the direct. If you guys just keep your eyes on this thread, We're obviously going to catch wind of something happening pretty quickly, and I trust everyone here enough to not flat out blurt it out without spoiler tags. If it happens, we'll be aware and we'll be warned. And THEN we can scamper to the anti-leak shelter. :V

But I seriously think we're going to be fine.

Lol there's an XCX "rumor" going around that teleporting even once locks a "Secret Skell"

Secret Skell...
Skel...L? L?!

L IS REAL GUYS

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
In 5 days is the saltstorm and in 7 days is when I'll hopefully see the Yoshi Lucas pattern and Chibi Robo pose.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Who is your favorite newcomer theoretically, and who is your favorite newcomer to play?

Mega Man is my favorite newcomer theoretically, but I don't really like his gameplay.

My new favorite newcomer to play as is a toss up between Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt.
Favourite Newcomer theorectically: :4bowserjr:
Favourie to play: :4robinf: or :4lucina:

:231:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Okay, I'm going to be devil's advocate here.

Since when did people become so stingy over spoilers for these announcements?

The entire point of out thread up until we moved was to discuss leaks and spoilers and find out stuff as soon as possible. I get not wanting to be spoiled. But then why are people on a website dedicated to discussion of the game's roster?

You would really rather wait to be marketed to, than to maybe get a hint of info earlier?

Now listen, I get it. I'm happy Cloud wasn't leaked as his trailer was hype. But wishing for leaks not to happen isn't really fair to those who just want to know the characters.

If something gets leaked... sorry? You're going to see it all over the place. It's life. It's the internet. If people are that offended by spoilers (for a marketing video nonetheless) then why are you checking these threads?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

And let me guess, if you beat the game ten times (and look under the truck) you'll get Mewthree Shulk.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Remind me and/or someone else to post this on Tuesday Morning.
Because that's what it's gonna be :4pacman:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907

The entire point of out thread up until we moved was to discuss leaks and spoilers and find out stuff as soon as possible. I get not wanting to be spoiled. But then why are people on a website dedicated to discussion of the game's roster?

You would really rather wait to be marketed to, than to maybe get a hint of info earlier.

Now listen, I get it. I'm happy Cloud wasn't leaked as his trailer was hype. But wishing for leaks not to happen isn't really fair to those who just want to know the characters.

If something gets leaked... sorry? You're going to see it all over the place. It's life. It's the internet. If people are that offended by spoilers (for a marketing video nonetheless) then why are you checking these threads?
I have no problem personally if the contents of the broadcast are leaked. What I don't want is for it to be spoiled an hour before I get to watch it because I couldn't see it live (as is the case this Tuesday), like Lucas and Cloud. In that sense, I'd actually rather it properly leak since it removes the uncertainty. I get that I'm probably in the minority, but I'm pretty much wondering this too.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:4shulk:
Hadn't played Xenoblade, took an interest in Shulk after hearing about him during speculation. Really started feeling it after hearing his voice, he got leaked but still had the best reveal trailer. Fell in love with his moveset and got hyped for Xenoblade 3D, played the game and fell in love with that too. Now I main one of my favorite characters from my new favorite RPG.
...:ness64:

D

Deleted member

Robin, Greninja and Shulk in theory
In practice, Shulk is one of my mains, but I haven't been feeling to play as him anymore and I go for Robin, Greninja and Little Mac more often, but I still have fun when I play as Shulk
Though I am currently practicing as both Dark Pit(I love dem double blades) and Lucina
I more or less play as all characters on a regular basis, though I have some favorite Smash 3DS/Wii U newcomers.

My top 5 newcomers are: :4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4darkpit::4bowserjr:
Those five are all anime guys, Bowser Jr. sticks out like a sore thum-- oh wait

Frosty-senpai you sneaky little...
My absolute favorite character is, of course, :4ganondorf:.
Oh hey, he's also my favorite character
We have so much in common Frosty-senpai! :p

We are and I love it :p
Can't wait for fake screenshots
'Dah Skell maekz u invunceebleh @ teh finul bus'
Nah, it just allows you to unlock Lynn's(how do you spell her name again?) secret costume. That's right, THAT costume wasn't removed from the localized versions, they just made it harder to get! :troll:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

You would really rather wait to be marketed to, than to maybe get a hint of info earlier?

I enjoy the ride and speculation is part of it. But getting the whole thing leaked is like a cruise coming to an abrupt stop. Besides in a better world websites would post clickbait like YOU WON't BELIVE WHOS IN SMASH rather than *** IS IN SMASH TELL EVERYONE.

That's how I feel at least.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Robin, Greninja and Shulk in theory
In practice, Shulk is one of my mains, but I haven't been feeling to play as him anymore and I go for Robin, Greninja and Little Mac more often, but I still have fun when I play as Shulk
Though I am currently practicing as both Dark Pit(I love dem double blades) and Lucina

Those five are all anime guys, Bowser Jr. sticks out like a sore thum-- oh wait

Frosty-senpai you sneaky little...

Oh hey, he's also my favorite character
We have so much in common Frosty-senpai! :p

We are and I love it :p
Can't wait for fake screenshots

Nah, it just allows you to unlock Lynn's(how do you spell her name again?) secret costume. That's right, THAT costume wasn't removed from the localized versions, they just made it harder to get! :troll:
It's still wierd as Lin's chest is still a bit exposed on other costumes tbh

D

Deleted member

My secret has been revealed! NUUUU!

It's a female Japanese fictional character, they all have larger chests. Except Chiyo-chan
That means nothing! Various female japanese characters are flat! Like, uh... like Lucina! And a bunch of EO characters no one in here knows! And... hmmm... allright, you got me, I can't think of anyone else

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Oh, since I forgot to mention it, :4pacman:(with thumbs up) is my favorite newcomer hands down, in theory and actuality. Even getting completely demolished while playing as him is enjoyable; can't get enough of that big grin. Plus, playing him on Skyworld is pure evil, since he's one of the few characters that can recover in spite of the stage.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Yay guys Doom 4 for 230 reais on Steam,thanks Bethesda and their trained monkey:denzel:

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
This stylish dude is, in my view, the ideal choice:

That is Daitoryo, or President. As you likely know before making video games nintendo started off making Hanafuda cards. Daitoryo is on the box of what is to this day their most popular Hanafuda deck. He would represent Nintendo's pre video game history. I've even made a moveset.
I've started imagining that if we were to ever have a new SSE-esquire story mode in a Smash game, he'd be the endgame boss behind everything. Makes sense, he was the first beloved Nintendo product and now he's forgotten, so he tries to bring everything under his control. Then have the super obscure Nintendouji (who's game deals with Hanafuda cards) be the ultimate Sonic-like savior who's fighting style is basically like Yugi, Ace from FFType-0, or Gambit in that he fights using cards as projectiles.

He'd be the one at the end to help Hanafuda see the light, and if not then he'd be forever sealed within the cards that Nintendouji carries.

There'd also be a lone Primid in an Ancient Minister-type role and have it be a playable character to represent Smash Bros. itself.

#smashbrosfanfiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom