• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sounds better executed as a stage imo. The fighters inside one of those badge catchers, the typical bottom blast zone being where the badges fall, and the bunny as a background element.

Hey, we have stuff like Nintendogs and Gaur Plains(though tbh everything in Xenoblade was tiny) stages, this can work.
True a stage could be fun, but I think both could be executed well if done right.
Does it involve conning other characters out of their money in Coin Battle?
No, that's part of my Tom Nook Moveset.
:p

As for my Badge bunny Moveset: (I'll just do the basic 4 attacks for now)

Standard attack(B) Bunny Spirit: Taking some notes from Shulk, Badge Bunny uses his pumped up facial expressions to give him attack buffs.

Side Smash( Over B) Badge Throw. Works sort of like Mr Game and Watche's judge attack. Badge Bunny randomly pulls out a badge, each one has different effects depending on the size and game it's from. He could use things like fruit badges to heal him( you could throw them up in the air and grab them), a punch out badge could be used for knockback, a mega badge can spike, and the list goes on.

Down Smash Claw Smash( Down B) : This was the one I had the most trouble inventing a move for, so it isn't as good as the rest imo. I could also potentially switch with the side B, but then I would need to replace the side B. Anyway this move would pull out either the Bomb Claw or the Regular crane claw( hammer claw would be a aerial like Bowser Jr's.) This move would be best executed above a opponent for more beneficial effects. The bunny would attack with either of those claws to really pack a punch to the foe!

Recovery( Up B) Aerial Crane: A magic claw would drop in from above and life the Badge Bunny back up to the stage. This would need to timed and executed perfectly, as if hit enough by an opponent could cause it to brake and the bunny to fall. A good strategy would be to bounce yourself up with the Claw Smash and then recover.

Now for the Final Smash which I think could be really fun:

Final Smash: Crane Chaos! In this cutscene final smash, all opponents are transported into a crane machine! It would work exactly like this:
Just instead of a pipe and the bunny being the claw, you control the claw as the bunny and must grab foes before time runs out.( about 10 maybe 15 seconds).

Thoughts? I know it could probably use a little bit of polish, but it could be really fun if done right imo.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
If there's a meme hell, there's a special place for me. I still make Chuck Norris jokes.

D

Deleted member

Well if you can't beat 'em...

"But Zoroark-chan, I don't know about this..."

*giggle* "It's fine Frosty-san. You look good in it."

I am going to Hell for this.
It's Frosty-senpai, not Frosty-san, show some respect!
tumblr_nrglutSsPt1sb0eh1o2_250.png

But I'm sure Frosty-senpai will look great on those clothes
tumblr_nrglutSsPt1sb0eh1o3_400.png

But why is it "Zoroark-chan"?
tumblr_nrglutSsPt1sb0eh1o4_250.png

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I've been thinking about the PMDT's situation as of late. We all know they ended Development abruptly and with no reason why. Now, there's all sorts of rumors flying all over the place as to why they disbanded.

The most common rumor seems to be that Konami used Nintendo to legally threat the PMDT so they could add Snake into Smash 4. While I don't buy that rumor in the slightest, if you think about it differently, it might make a tad bit of sense at first glance.

Why else would the PMDT be under NDA if they didn't know something the General Public didn't? Now you could obviously say that they're keeping them under raps due to not wanting bad press, but I'm sure big companies like Nintendo or Konami could care less.

What if the PMDT knows that Snake is going to be added into Smash 4 due to Konami saying it in a legal threat, and are under NDA so they won't talk about it?

I realize this is severely straw-grasping and really way out there, but it does make a tad bit of sense.

Do I think this is possible? Yes. Do I think it's likely? Not really, but only time will tell.

So... what do you guys think?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Ugh. So after sinking probably close to 50 hours into Final Fantasy VII, about 5 of which were solely on the final form of Sephiroth I'm categorically giving up. Never have I encountered such a ridiculous boss battle. It's not even that it's hard, I just refuse to sit here spamming revives and taking him out at 1hp at a time (out of 80k) because he has the ability to disable my use of magic, and keeps turning everyone into frogs and making them small. It's literally going to take forever to be able to get rid of him.

Just gonna watch the end cutscene on youtube, I guess. Too bad, because the game was pretty good up until then.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
One Piece is certainly more popular. Dragon Ball was a huge success, but OP is crazy in Japan.

They have OP themed food, brinks, bars, theme park etc.
Don't forget the One Piece amiibo skins,
tbh, I feel kinda lucky that the worst case for me......is really ot mattering much.

Because let's be honest: the only thing that would hype me a lot is seeing Paper Mario confimred, however, even if he doesn't get it, it honestly stopped to matter the day the Paper Mario stage was announced.

The only things I got since the announcement of the game as far as the Paper Mario series is concerned are positive, there's no way that a deconfirmation woudl end bad because he already got postitive stuff anyway.....he just won't get the best, but that doesn't really matter considering that at any case, his chance get a boost for future game and his series already got a boost (still hoping for a new Paper Mario game btw).

And it really is the worst case, I am neutral on really everyone but him so there's not much possibilities to get salty on any confirmation here.

I jsut wish most would think the same though.... :(
Worst case scenerio would be Sakurai flat insulting characters and fans on in the direct (like calling them names and using profanity) and only adding in Doofy the Dragon as a character and no one else.(besides Cloud).
DOOFY THE DRAGON!
here's a link to one of his videos, Its by SML, and you can see what Doofy is like,
warning there's one bad word in it.

D

Deleted member

Get out of here you dandere wannabe.:yeahboi:
Dandere? Oh, please tell me this isn't some **** definition like Tsundere or creepy like Yandere
TV Tropes said:
A dandere character is one who is normally quiet and silent, possibly to the point of coming across as emotionless at times, but will suddenly become talkative and sweet and cute when alone with the right person if they manage to push the right button to get them to pour their heart out, revealing that they're actually just shy.

A dandere will be more or less a normal person, but, will not talk unless spoken to/required to. They will avoid talking because of their shyness, but if need be, they will speak. Also, a dandere tends to feel more power in numbers. If they're with a group that they're comfortable with, then the shyness factor of said dandere will very likely decrease if another, unfamiliar person is introduced at that time.
I have never found before a character trope that described me better than this

Last edited by a moderator:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
The part about the "ballot winner" is really painful to sit through.

These guys think it's 100% a popularity contest where the character with the most "votes" wins. :facepalm:
It is a popularity contest though. Nintendo is not going to pick some random person thats not at the top. That literally makes no sense from a marketing point of view. It would be like having an audience sample foods, and asking which one they like best, then coming back with something completely and random that they didn't ask for.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Doesn't really seem like a port. I'd find it hard to believe they'd redo the source code of a Super Nintendo game just for a PSN release for 10$.
Port =/= remake

They implemented the Playstation buttons,saving and a ranking system.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's Frosty-senpai, not Frosty-san, show some respect!
View attachment 86986

But I'm sure Frosty-senpai will look great on those clothes
View attachment 86985

But why is it "Zoroark-chan"?
View attachment 86988
Frosty isn't gonna be in a dress, he's gonna put you in the dress
If there's a meme hell, there's a special place for me. I still make Chuck Norris jokes.
Bro, I got you beat.

I still make Sad Frog and Feels guy jokes

D

Deleted member

Frosty isn't gonna be in a dress, he's gonna put you in the dress

Bro, I got you beat.

I still make Sad Frog and Feels guy jokes
Why not both? :drshrug:

And I still make these jokes
Knock knock
Who is it?
Jon
Jon who?
JOHN CENA!
I'm the one going to hell

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys, Plague Knight's crazy fun to play as! And we're getting 2 other characters!
Also noticed that a guy was swooning at Propeller Knight. People praise Undertale for being progressive, what about this game? :p
"We haven't promoted this game enough, guys."
It's funny, Nintendo wants to advertise this...Yet Wonderful 101 gets nothing

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Of course it's been said before but I'm amazed at this game's roster. We have right now including Cloud and the Mii fighters as separate, 56 characters with more coming possibly in a few days. Despite K Rool not being in(yet?). Sakurai manages to impress.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It is a popularity contest though. Nintendo is not going to pick some random person thats not at the top. That literally makes no sense from a marketing point of view. It would be like having an audience sample foods, and asking which one they like best, then coming back with something completely and random that they didn't ask for.
It's a suggestion box, not a poll.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the ballot would be a powerful tool in persuading 3rd parties though. It's basically a quantifiable amount of (near) free money. But I don't think Konami is working off what makes money any more. More like executive's grudges.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
In the end, its Sakurai's call, so he could probably pick a character that has a small amount of votes if he wanted too, whether it be for unique gameplay and what they could bring to smash sort of reasons or for how iconic they are.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I agree with @Con0rrrr I wouldn't mind if it gets leak.I was still super hyped when Ryu was shown off and i still would be hyped when whoever it is gets revealed.I just kinda wanna know at this point.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In my case, I only want to know if Snake returns and a certain other character I want are in so I can rest easy knowing they're safe. Just don't spoil me on ANYTHING other than those two.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys, Plague Knight's crazy fun to play as! And we're getting 2 other characters!
Also noticed that a guy was swooning at Propeller Knight. People praise Undertale for being progressive, what about this game? :p

It's funny, Nintendo wants to advertise this...Yet Wonderful 101 gets nothing
I just want Specter Knight already because we don't have many playable scythe users in video games
B-but Genderbent mode is transphobic!!!1!!
Like if you cry everytime.

Seriously, this saddened me now.... I love the W101 and wish they did promote it more...
1 like=1 people who will know about TW101

And this reminds me of this
FB_IMG_14497519196507293.jpg

One-Slice Man

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There is nothing hype about seeing something you know is coming.

Ryu could've been just as hype as Cloud. Instead he was just ''Oh yeah. He looks cool though."

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Ryu could've been just as hype as Cloud. Instead he was just ''Oh yeah. He looks cool though."
Exactly.
It's like if I posted that thing I'm not allowed to post lest I lose my job.
What's the point of leaking things if everyone's gonna see it a few days later?
wait
scratch that thing I said
about jobs

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

It really sucked for Ryu since he was essentially leaked twice (due to the data mining).

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's a suggestion box, not a poll.
It doesn't matter how many times people try to counter that, it always remains the same. People tend to forget that the only difference in this ballot and the ones that are released before Smash games are developed are that this is the first one that is (primarily) international. Do you people honestly think half of the characters that got in Smash throughout the years were among the "Popular" results? You wanna look at characters like Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, Pit and R.O.B. BEFORE they became Smash relevant and still stand by that?

I mean obviously the number of votes has SOME influence, it'd be utterly pointless if it didn't. Popular results are going to at least be considered or looked into a bit. But Smash never has been a populatiry contest and never will be: Popularity by itself is usually one of the LAST factors Sakurai takes into consideration when picking out a roster, because if he didn't, then we literally could have had Characters as rediculous as Shadow or Geno or Oversized Purple Charizard, taking preference over other characters that can bring something truely unique and iconic.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It was highly advertised I believe, I think W101 had its own direct, but a bare minimum of people actually paid attention to the thing to convince themselves to buy it.
It may had had it's own direct, but they did poorly in getting the word out( Hell I didn't even know of it's existence until I saw the review for it from Nintendo Life). They tried to use one thing at a time to hype it, but they didn't enforce all of it like they have with recent games. If they kept the game within people's minds more, it would have sold much more imo. They needed to truly make sure the game stayed in the spotlight of news, but they couldn't.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I just want either Zoroark, Feraligagr, Azumarill, Galvantula or Aegislash
Don't even need those because the roster is already great but they are definitely my most wanted

Actually, I'm still winning
I can't be losing if neither Wolf nor K. Rool were revealed :p
The bet was this:

• If both get in, I choose your avatar.
  • If none get in, you choose mine.
  • If only one get in, who both lose.
On characters
More specifically, K. Rool and Wolf
As I think we won't be seeing any of them this year(more like in DLC in general but I ain't waiting that much)
Loser has to use an avi decided by the winner for a month
Should only one of them happen, then both of us "lose"
If there is anything you may want to change about the rules, feel free to say it
http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...ack-visited-swa.416098/page-538#post-20241542

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh **** I just realized something! They might gender bend the Order of no Quarter too! That's going to be pretty interesting
That didn't come to mind? First thing I thought of when I heard of genderbend mode was all of the major characters getting bended, including some of the NPCs.
That being said, a new SK update is coming up, right? Is that supposed to be the genderbend mode or does it have something to do with the amiibo? And when is that update coming up?
No, Know Your Meme is meme Hell.

:094:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Or would it be bad regardless if from that place I found out Chrom almost became a great-great-grandfather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom