• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Speaking of which there's still my wager about Wolf appearing in the direct or not. :3

D

Deleted member

Oh **** I just realized something! They might gender bend the Order of no Quarter too! That's going to be pretty interesting
"Might", it has literally been confirmed that it will change everyone's gender
I just wonder how is it going to work because in theory it sounds like a general version of Curly Mode from Cave Story
Because they way it is presented makes it look like not much will change, considering most of them wear heavy armor anyways
At least Specter Knight can become a literal Ruby expy
Just let me play as Shield Knight already damnit, no one cares about Boobs!Shivel Knight
It was highly advertised I believe, I think W101 had its own direct, but a bare minimum of people actually paid attention to the thing to convince themselves to buy it.
It was the Direct that reminded you of the release date every three seconds
The bet was this:

• If both get in, I choose your avatar.
  • If none get in, you choose mine.
  • If only one get in, who both lose.

http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...ack-visited-swa.416098/page-538#post-20241542
So? I'm still winning, dude.
It's the last presentation of this year and Smash as a whole
If none of them get revealed on this broadcast, you lose

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wonder how this fanamde intro is going to look once the new DLC is announced/launched. :colorful:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
So? I'm still winning, dude.
It's the last presentation of this year and Smash as a whole
If none of them get revealed on this broadcast, you lose
I think there was a misunderstanding. I just wanted to say that if one, only one get revealed, we both lose. But yeah, if none get revealed, I will look the way you want me to.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Xenoblade update (actual spoilers for the game):

I picked up from the High Entia Tomb and saved Melia. And by the end of my playtime today I'm now just after defeating Metal Face/Mumkhar (though clearly not for good) in the snowy mountain place (forgot the name of it). It was pretty obvious that he was gonna be Metal Face. It's the first boss fight I've actually struggled with since Xord, so it was nice to have a challenge. Shulk/Sharla/Riki got me through it though. Riki having such an absurd amount of HP can help since he can take hits (I normally use Reyn or Dunban for this as they have moves that draw the enemy to them, but they kept dying too early and I had to waste my Party Gauge on them. Also Riki's Happy Happy Art was useful for keeping the gauge full). I also found a sort of exploit that made it easier - since Mumkhar has no projectiles, I sometimes would make him run after me when targeting me. His normal attacks are not very long ranged and he never uses them if he has to chase you, so this forces him to use one of his special moves. This makes Shulk (who I always play as because the game seems designed with him being the player character even if you can switch) have a vision, and makes Mumkhar not attack anyone to charge his move. It also means I could abuse specific Arts belonging to Sharla and Riki using the "Warn" feature. I was able to tell Riki to use Happy Happy over and over because of this too so the Party Gauge was always quite full. So yeah, there is a strategy you can use if you want to really control the Arts of your team mates.

I did a lot of side stuff in between obviously. I also sold all of the collectibles I had except for the ones I know I need for quests. I really wanted some money to start rebuilding Colony 6 and to buy some books to further upgrade some Arts.

Normally I thoroughly explore areas before progressing the story (though I sort of stopped part way through in Gaur Plain earlier on), but I didn't really do that for Eryth Sea and the snow place as I just wasn't in the mood and they are more complex than other areas. Also I might want a lot of HP when exploring the mountains because there is a lot of big drops and right now it's awkward trying to get around, especially with most of the landmarks being spread out.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wonder how this fanamde intro is going to look once the new DLC is announced/launched. :colorful:

Things like this, really make me want a Smash Bros anime. If Nintendo ever wanted to do shows again, animes for their franchises could do really well if written right, and the good thing about a smash bros one would be how easy it could be to write a plot for. The only problem I could see is getting the licenses for 3rd parties in them, but if they re already in the game, I don't think it be a stretch to get them for an anime adaptation if it were to happen.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Smash anime would have a very bad plot,like every failed crossover cartoon ever about video-games on japan.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Things like this, really make me want a Smash Bros anime. If Nintendo ever wanted to do shows again, animes for their franchises could do really well if written right, and the good thing about a smash bros one would be how easy it could be to write a plot for. The only problem I could see is getting the licenses for 3rd parties in them, but if they re already in the game, I don't think it be a stretch to get them for an anime adaptation if it were to happen.
Im suddenly reminded of this one short-lived anime that was based on the 90's consolewars between Sega and Nintendo, with all the characters loosely based off different IPs...

...That was god awful. :V Just don't do anything like that and I'm game for a Smash Anime

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It doesn't matter how many times people try to counter that, it always remains the same. People tend to forget that the only difference in this ballot and the ones that are released before Smash games are developed are that this is the first one that is (primarily) international. Do you people honestly think half of the characters that got in Smash throughout the years were among the "Popular" results? You wanna look at characters like Duck Hunt, Ice Climbers, Pit and R.O.B. BEFORE they became Smash relevant and still stand by that?

I mean obviously the number of votes has SOME influence, it'd be utterly pointless if it didn't. Popular results are going to at least be considered or looked into a bit. But Smash never has been a populatiry contest and never will be: Popularity by itself is usually one of the LAST factors Sakurai takes into consideration when picking out a roster, because if he didn't, then we literally could have had Characters as rediculous as Shadow or Geno or Oversized Purple Charizard, taking preference over other characters that can bring something truely unique and iconic.
Exactly, yeah.

There's been plenty of examples of factors such as potential for an interesting moveset being placed above popularity. An especially good one would be the less popular but more interesting Robin making it to the roster, while the more popular but samey Chrom was given a non-playable role.

We were told DLC would be fanservice, but that's not reason enough to believe that Sakurai's own judgment is going to be thrown out the window and the most popular pick is guaranteed for the game.

The ballot was presented as more of a suggestions box than an actual poll from the beginning.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If a Smash anime were to happen, I would like to see it be a retelling of Subspace Emissary, but with some minor and major changes to keep it fresh.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It's funny, Nintendo wants to advertise this...Yet Wonderful 101 gets nothing
Wonderful 101 was practically guaranteed to bomb. Given how Nintendo barely even tried to advertise it, it's clear they knew that from the get-go.

If a Smash anime were to happen, I would like to see it be a retelling of Subspace Emissary, but with some minor and major changes to keep it fresh.
I'd hate that, honestly.

SSE played favorites to the Kirby cast a little too much. I know they're Sakurai's creations and all, but it was a bit annoying to see them basically be the only competent ones while everyone else just runs around and dies over and over again.

If Smash 4 had an SSE-esque story, I'm quite certain the whole thing would be centered around Kid Icarus.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Honestly, I think a Smash Bros anime would be basically someone's fanfiction come to life. I can't think of any way it could work well

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, even though I'm not a fan of the series, the idea of Jibanyan getting in is starting to grow on me, though, if there'd ever be a character who's put in due to recent stardom, I'd much rather have Inklings.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I would definitely not want a Smash anime themed after The Subspace Emissary, AKA Kirby characters do all the cool things while everyone else watches.
C'mon! Everyone know that it would be the Kid Icarus characters that would do the cool things in the new version.:troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
But guys Sonic literally saved Nintendo in Subspace. :p

I think a Smash anime should follow the idea of just giving an episode centered around each character. You could easily get a 50+ episode series with that idea.

And a Smash movie is looking likely to happen, though it will probably be CGI.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
C'mon! Everyone know that it would be the Kid Icarus characters that would do the cool things in the new version.:troll:
W-what...?
Oh right.
All the Subspace enemies will be replaced by Uprising ones, too. :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
If a Smash anime were a real thing, I'd like the first few episodes devoted to one or two characters... Like in Soul Eater.

After we've established how Samus acts under pressure, how Bowser spends his free time, or the extent of Dedede's antics, have them all pulled into the inter-dimensional tournament by the Hand brothers.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I also wouldn't mind seeing the initial idea for Brawl's story mode revisited. The one with a bunch of the characters on a bus, heading to the Smash tournament, while Snake watches from a distant building with his binoculars.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'd hate that, honestly.

SSE played favorites to the Kirby cast a little too much. I know they're Sakurai's creations and all, but it was a bit annoying to see them basically be the only competent ones while everyone else just runs around and dies over and over again.

If Smash 4 had an SSE-esque story, I'm quite certain the whole thing would be centered around Kid Icarus.
Despite all of it's problems, I still think Subspace had some pretty interesting ideas story wise. A retelling could fix some of the major problems of it (like less focus on the Kirby characters, Sonic playing a bigger role, some plot details explained better, etc.)

Of course, I don't expect this to ever happen, but I personally love the idea.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Im suddenly reminded of this one short-lived anime that was based on the 90's consolewars between Sega and Nintendo, with all the characters loosely based off different IPs...

...That was god awful. :V Just don't do anything like that and I'm game for a Smash Anime
Honestly, I think a Smash Bros anime would be basically someone's fanfiction come to life. I can't think of any way it could work well
I wouldn't mind if subspace was the loose premise for a smash bros anime, but I agree it would need some changes. As for another plot idea, go really simple and do this:

All of the characters wake up in different parts of the world( sort of like how subspace worked), with little memory of what happened or how they got there, each character begins a journey to find answers. As they traverse this strange new land, they encounter friend and foe alike. As the journey goes on each group that forms learns of the bigger threat lurking ahead. Soon the world is plunged into chaos and as the heroes travel on, they learn that eventually they must team up with their enemies to stop the one who has pulled all the strings since the beginning. Make it like subspace but change it up a bit, in terms of enemies, and worlds, as well as bosses. Also make the fights epic, as that would be a good selling point. In fact, at first the heroes would end up fighting each other( most of them anyway) before become allies. I think if done well, it could be pretty good to watch.

I would definitely not want a Smash anime themed after The Subspace Emissary, AKA Kirby characters do all the cool things while everyone else watches.
C'mon! Everyone know that it would be the Kid Icarus characters that would do the cool things in the new version.[:troll:/QUOTE]
Why not both of them doing cool things while everyone else watches together?
:troll:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This is why I wouldn't mind subspace anime

Dedede being awesome

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
And if it were on of my fanfictions, mass chaos would ensue.

But guys Sonic literally saved Nintendo in Subspace. :p

I think a Smash anime should follow the idea of just giving an episode centered around each character. You could easily get a 50+ episode series with that idea.

And a Smash movie is looking likely to happen, though it will probably be CGI.
TBF if that idea actually happened, the only characters that would have episodes revolving around them would be the Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, DK, and Kirby characters.

:094:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll be honest, while I am a big fan of SSE and I do like many moments in it, I kinda think it was a kind of one and done thing.

Like, I just can't see that darker tone working out or being received by people as well anymore, and then you have to consider some of the newcomers. Some of them wouldn't work too well in a "EPIC ADVENTURE TO SAAAAAAAVE THE WORLD" thing (Little Mac), others just don't work due to their roles and what not (Rosalina basically being god of the universe and also having to travel through space).

Plus, I really want to see Nintendo locations, which SSE didn't really have.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
As far wiiu games bombing goes,bayonetta 2 was the worst one,after all the promotion with different medias,coming with the copy of the first game,exclusive nintendo skins,the gigantic hype on the internet,the final result = the game selling squat,still shocks me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll be honest, while I am a big fan of SSE and I do like many moments in it, I kinda think it was a kind of one and done thing.

Like, I just can't see that darker tone working out or being received by people as well anymore, and then you have to consider some of the newcomers. Some of them wouldn't work too well in a "EPIC ADVENTURE TO SAAAAAAAVE THE WORLD" thing (Little Mac), others just don't work due to their roles and what not (Rosalina basically being god of the universe and also having to travel through space).

Plus, I really want to see Nintendo locations, which SSE didn't really have.
Are you forgetting the sse vibe Sm4sh has?

Including master core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom