• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I find it funny that so many of the top requested characters were created by Rareware. Those being Banjo-Kazooie, K. Rool, Dixie Kong and Krystal.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I find it funny that so many of the top requested characters were created by Rareware. Those being Banjo-Kazooie, K. Rool, Dixie Kong and Krystal.
I know.
Makes me think at least one will get chosen partially for that reason.
"Mr. Rare-Created IP" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Mr. Fighting Game" or "Mr. JRPG" though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I know.
Makes me think at least one will get chosen partially for that reason.
"Mr. Rare-Created IP" doesn't have the same ring to it as "Mr. Fighting Game" or "Mr. JRPG" though.
We all know who the best "Mr. So-and-So" here is. :4gaw:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just love how once Cloud was revealed it meant that almost everyone had a chance.

That somehow, it raised more characters' chances because of one guy who was seem like a joke only because they never looked at the big picture but more of it in a tunnel vision

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yeah, she was a top requested character in Brawl.

The demand for her in SSB4 is nowhere near what it was back then.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Krystal dropped off due to her recency isn't looking to well to he point where she might not ever come back in a Star Fox game.

It's going back to the original team and everything regarding timeline between the SNES game and 64. Wolf and his team are back to being paid mercenaries for Andross and Pigma isn't dead neither. And last Andross is alive and kicking considering he died in Adventures and his nephew took over his armada

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Well... we all know her fate is now clear as Krystal. :troll:
#SorryNotSorry

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Krystal dropped off due to her recency isn't looking to well to he point where she might not ever come back in a Star Fox game.

It's going back to the original team and everything regarding timeline between the SNES game and 64. Wolf and his team are back to being paid mercenaries for Andross and Pigma isn't dead neither. And last Andross is alive and kicking considering he died in Adventures and his nephew took over his armada
And to be honest, I'm glad things are back to the original team. The only post-64 character I'm going to miss at all is Panther.

:094:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Oh absolutely, yeah. Her support is still existant unlike a few other Brawl relics though. Probably top 20 or so.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
You know what I'm the most excited about? We have NO CLUE what's coming this time. Cloud was already a massive bombshell, and that was just a 3 minute trailer snuck at the end of a direct. This is an entirely Smash focused broadcast in which we have NO idea who and what may show up, the most we know is that there MIGHT be 2 more characters, but that's kind of a safe assumption to begin with. We don't have any leaked Royu, HOPEFULLY no accidental early patch... This is literally the first time in nearly a year that we've gone into something like this completely blind.

I just REALLY hope that doesn't change in the next 5 days. D:

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
And looking back to the YT rewind they referenced the blue/white dress,gosh,this year was trash.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Did they actually claim that this would be the final batch of content, or are people just assuming it will be over after the direct?
We can't really say for sure until we hear it straight from the horses mouth. It specifically says the final one "dedicated" to Smash, so that can mean anything honestly.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So, looking back at everything in SM4SH so far:

Who is your favorite newcomer theoretically, and who is your favorite newcomer to play?

Mega Man is my favorite newcomer theoretically, but I don't really like his gameplay.

My new favorite newcomer to play as is a toss up between Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Mega Man twice over... except when Master orders makes everyone reflect.

Chrono.

Who is your favorite newcomer theoretically, and who is your favorite newcomer to play?

Mega Man is my favorite newcomer theoretically, but I don't really like his gameplay.

My new favorite newcomer to play as is a toss up between Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt.
Theoretically, Megaman, Shulk and Cloud.

To play, Ryu, Bowser Jr and Dark Pit doesnt count but i wanted it to be 3/3

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Both answers go to Robin.

He's a dynamic zoner with TONS of potential. And his reveal trailer was one of the greatest moments in Smash history.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Little Mac and Pac-Man for both theoretical and actual play for me. :p Loved the sound of both of them, and love playing as both.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
In other news

@PushDustIn has a new article out that I suggest you give a read over to keep in mind for the Broadcast next week. Also, you might notice it says this:

"Source Gaming will be hosting a LIVE podcast. The podcast will start an hour before the Smash broadcast. During the broadcast, we will mute ourselves so everyone can enjoy listening to Sakurai. Once the broadcast is over we will begin SourceCast # 6.
List:
Nantendo
PushDustIn
Spazzy_D
Neo Zero
A Special Guest"

So we invite you guys to join us then, where we'll discuss the Broadcast and answer your questions live on the air. More details, as well as our exciting guest, will be talked about soon by our lovely host PushDustin, and make sure to follow @AllSourceGaming on Twitter for more updates. We hope to see you guys there, and as the article says, make sure to be responsible in your hype~!

:4littlemac: was my most wanted even before it was annonced. He was executed flawlessly. . .until they nerfed side b. Doc, the training suit, etc.

:4shulk:I think Cloud will give him a run for his money but all of his moves and abilities are so satisfying. Everything meshes so well.

T&T case 5. I thought case 4 met my standards quickly. Case 5 has made me have the dumbest look on my face this whole time

Edgeworth vs Von Karma. This is a dream isn't it?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Watching the XCX music videos Nintendo released again. Once more, Sawano is awesome.

Of course, it's insightful to see some comments from the man himself about his work in the game and collaboration with Takahashi.

I can't wait to get my hands on this game. =D

(It seems that the tracks used in the videos are actually bonus tracks from the OST CDs, all of which are unused in the game, but are different variations of in-game music. Some of Sawano's other works also include this kind of tracks IIRC.)

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Super duper originality Nintendo. I've never heard of the idea of having a controller with a screen before, especially not from wiiU.
That's like saying "Wow, original console! I've never seen controllers that work wirelessy before!" lol ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I more or less play as all characters on a regular basis, though I have some favorite Smash 3DS/Wii U newcomers.

My top 5 newcomers are: :4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4darkpit::4bowserjr:

Honorable mentions go to :4pacman::4palutena::4cloud:.

Factors include both liking for the character and gameplay, by the way. As I said, though there really isn't a character that I don't like. I feel like I'll enjoy the game better if I have some variety in the characters I play.

My absolute favorite character is, of course, :4ganondorf:.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Final Fantasy VII came out on IOS and it more or less used what the new Nintendo patent has for controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom