• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pirate's Curse also plays differently than the other shantae games

However, it just feels REALLY nice with the moves

You are SUPER powerful by the end.

You move super fast and can jump extremely large distances

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just realized something and it's bothering me.

Frederick doesn't have a trophy on either version of Smash 4. That's an absolute tragedy. Poor Frederick...

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137

Frederick doesn't have a trophy on either version of Smash 4. That's an absolute tragedy. Poor Frederick...
It's a shame. Because Frederick is awesome. I really hope he has a trophy or at least a reference in the near future when it comes to Smash.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

As in Frederick from Fire Emblem right? Honestly one of the most annoying thing about Smash I find is FE isn't all that well repped in terms of trophies, not even obligatory trophies for all lords of FE. It would be nice if FE actually got a decent number of trophies in Smash for once, instead of just the playable characters, and a few extras After all if F-Zero can have nearly all its pilots, why can't FE get some of its more minor charaters.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Woah, did something major happen between page 448 and this one? Haha I was catching up and looked at the top of the page and it somehow jumped 20 extra pages while I wasn't looking.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After all if F-Zero can have nearly all its pilots
They aren't even close.

Woah, did something major happen between page 448 and this one? Haha I was catching up and looked at the top of the page and it somehow jumped 20 extra pages while I wasn't looking.
The VGA awards.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On another note, I was thinking of playing through one of my old Pokemon games. I'm feeling Gen 5. So... Pokemon White or Black 2?
White if you want to play through the story again.

Black 2 if you want to have more options to play around with (in terms of both Pokémon and side content) when going through the game.

There is also the perk of playing through both since the Memory Link gives you some neat extras such as N's Pokemon.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So Nintendo's thing was showing off the same Zelda WiiU footage as last year?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Been busy the last couple days and since you guys keep track of these things well... what's the story with Indivisible?

I heard it reached it's goal but it still has stretch goals. Tomorrow (Friday) is the last day they're accepting donations, right? Or are they extending the donation period at all as a result of reaching their goal, as silly as that might seem? Also, the main goal paid by supporters was going to be doubled up by some development investment as I recall. I suppose that money doesn't count to any stretch goals.

Oh, and if you make a donation, can you add to your donation after the regular donation period is over? I believe this is what Shantae Half Genie Hero allowed. The opportunity to add to an existing donation after they stopped accepting new ones. I remember seeing the option at least, although I never took it. I had paid to full contributor status on that project in one go anyways.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Been busy the last couple day and since you guys keep track of these things well... what's the story with Indivisible?

I heard it reached it's goal but it still has stretch goals. Tomorrow (Friday) is the last day they're accepting donations, right? Or are they extending the donation period at all as a result of reaching their goal, as silly as that might seem? Also, the main goal paid by supporters was going to be doubled up by some development investment as I recall. I suppose that money doesn't count to any stretch goals.

Oh, and if you make a donation, can you add to your donation after the regular donation period is over? I believe this is what Shantae Half Genie Hero allowed. The opportunity to add to an existing donation after they stopped accepting new ones. I remember seeing the option at least, although I never took it. I had paid to full contributor status on that project in one go anyways.
Oh crap they did!

I didn't realize that

I'm going to put down $30 tomorrow

If I remember

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
On that subject about Window OSes, how does everyone feel about Windows 10? Been thinking of upgrading.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On that subject about Window OSes, how does everyone feel about Windows 10? Been thinking of upgrading.
I haven't "upgraded" yet since I have heard it causes some issues with recording software and emulators, both things I make use of.

Naoshi

This year has sort of been a year of dreams (as in long-awaited games for so many years) for several fandoms hasn't it? The Last Guardian, Shenmue III, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Psychonauts 2, Star Fox Zero (it being a 64 successor, that counts right?)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Star Fox: Zero isn't the new Star Fox game I wanted but it's cool we are getting something.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think most of the SF fandom was happier last year when they could get carried away with their dream SF Wii U game than this year after it was shown. :laugh:

Naoshi

I think most of the SF fandom was happier last year when they could get carried away with their dream SF Wii U game than this year after it was shown. :laugh:
True lol

I'd say it looks a lot nicer than it did at E3 though. The game might turn out pretty great

I think we're missing Half Life 3 now.

EDIT: Totally forgot to include Samurai Jack. Not game related but certain fits the criteria otherwise.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If you have Windows 7, I suggest holding off.
If you have Windows 8 or 8.1, definitely upgrade.

:231:

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
In conjunction with Machamp week and the Machamp Gym, Machoke Movers commercial came to fruition. Would hire them if when I move to Kanto

Meanwhile, this evening I've been watching some streams of Xenoblade Chronicles X. Nairo and TKBreezy jumped straight in while Etika took 2 hours in the character customisation before actually getting into the main gameplay. Pretty darn excited for the game though; I plan to pick it up tomorrow hopefully.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Undertale lost every category,now the fanbase can be officially considered as the next Papers Please.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I do wonder why Konami is so against Kojima.

I'm just baffled as to why he's being treated like this. I also don't see how they think that moves like this won't bite them in the butt.

On another note, I was thinking of playing through one of my old Pokemon games. I'm feeling Gen 5. So... Pokemon White or Black 2?

And on yet another note, where would be a good place to enter the Shantae series? The first one?

And the girl was not there again. I shall find her eventually. Found a friend of hers. She'll tell me if she is single. And it really is hard finding a girl that likes me back. You start to think if something is up with you, ya know?
While I personally enjoyed the first game quite a bit when I played it earlier this year, it is kind of archaic. Unless you're really curious, I say skip it and go to Risky's Revenge and then Pirates Curse. You don't need to know the plot of the first game to understand what's going on.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should remake the first game with updated stuff

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Can't help but feel conflicted, various things have popped up in my mind.

1. I'm sure Rocket League is a very good game on its own right, but Undertale losing to it makes me feel very Flowey.

2. People are going to use this as an excuse to avoid the game entirely, which I don't want to see.

3. The Undertale community is going to potentially be seen as a bad fanbase, which I don't want to see.

4. There's a chance people may get off the Undertale fanbase because of this.

5. It's times like these where you wish a website existed to let out your true inner feelings about something to Jerry so you can let go of the salt. It would be like 4chan, except your posts are kept private.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
as is tradition by now i shall unveil my current standinggs in yokai watch i am now rank C i have every e rank medal(and am only missing 1-2 d rank medals) komiger has been put on the bench as today started off right with the crank-a-kai where i got Cruncha operation gilgaros 3/8ths of the way to completion

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can't help but feel conflicted, various things have popped up in my mind.

1. I'm sure Rocket League is a very good game on its own right, but Undertale losing to it makes me feel very Flowey.

2. People are going to use this as an excuse to avoid the game entirely, which I don't want to see.

3. The Undertale community is going to potentially be seen as a bad fanbase, which I don't want to see.

4. There's a chance people may get off the Undertale fanbase because of this.

5. It's times like these where you wish a website existed to let out your true inner feelings about something to Jerry so you can let go of the salt. It would be like 4chan, except your posts are kept private.
Eh... Not too many people care about VGA, from the looks of it.

Still, it's mad popular on Steam and it's extremely well known. Undertale is VERY easy to dismiss at first glance, so there's that.

Just remember that every popular game has haters. Don't let it upset you.

:231:

Strofirko

Smash Master
I know, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

I don't want the video game community to see Undertale as some sort of fad.
Some likely will move away,others will stay,nobody can prevente that,but his mark on gaming industry was already made,maybe 2 years from now the game will still attract some people,the game already achieved a good status out there.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
So what is Undertale exactly about? I've been seeing it around a lot with all sorts of fan art and whatnot although I haven't really looked much it though. Perhaps I should sometime? :/

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So what is Undertale exactly about? I've been seeing it around a lot with all sorts of fan art and whatnot although I haven't really looked much it though. Perhaps I should sometime? :/
It would be best not to talk about much, but it is a really unique game that I totally recommend if you liked the Mother series and weirdness. You will love the characters in the game.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
To celebrate the release of Xenoblade X, I continued my play through of the original Xenoblade. Kind of seems backwards, but naturally I want to finish it before moving on to X. Over 120 hours in, and I still don't know how much more I have to do...

D

Deleted member

I'm generally pleased with the VGA's. It's so crazy how something that use to be so utterly crap and terrible became fantastic and very well executed over night. Props to them, it feels great to actually feel pleasured by a video game show once again outside of youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom