• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So overall, what point on the Cringe Scale would you rate the awards last night?
Not very cringey?

Seriously I don't get this cringe meme about the show this year. It was actually good.

Only things I cringed at were Konami being stupid and the Deadmau5 song.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I've been trying to avoid spoilers for undertale more than anything.(Even though 9/10 times I don't care about spoilers in general. Because even though it's pretty cheap, I can't buy anything right now because of drama going on with my life, thus currently my parents are sensitive to what I buy right now.

So by the time I get it, being the slowpoke I am, I have a feeling the hype will die down, especially if I myself end up hyping over it. :p Just how my luck usually goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So overall, what point on the Cringe Scale would you rate the awards last night?
I'd rate 0. It was a pretty great show and something I'm actually proud of. The amount of care from the speakers speaking of video games and the joy it brings, to mentioning the origins of RTS, to a tribute to Iwata, and more or less sense of care in-general was superb.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the show must have become pure gold dust after I left because I remember Sony being dropped like it was on everyone's word-a-day calender, people ignoring said RTS genre founder's actual notable games to talk about a Disney platformer and few more that escape me.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I give it a
Deadmau5 putting on a sheet for no reason, realizing he can't see and spending half the show getting it off and then not knowing what to do / 10
fantastic.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I think Undertale is a good game

I just think it's extremely overrated

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
(@Warchamp7 *Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* *Nudge*)
Minus the fact that Stage Clear's icon is a Red :sonic:, No-Name's icon is :pichumelee: (Albeit larger and flipped the other way) and Mario's icon is the Random icon
So
I would definitely be down for muh Random icon tho :4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So... about Snake's chances...

What do you think?
At this point, a range from 0-10%.

That 10% is only out of the belief that Konami will do it for the money and maybe the only good publicity they can get.

And speaking of Konami, check out their Twitter page, the fans are going full ham on them and it's nothing but ****onami everywhere. It's insane and magnificent scene of frustrated fans

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
At this point, a range from 0-10%.

That 10% is only out of the belief that Konami will do it for the money and maybe the only good publicity they can get.

And speaking of Konami, check out their Twitter page, the fans are going full ham on them and it's nothing but ****onami everywhere. It's insane and magnificent scene of frustrated fans
Fans basically want their heads on their walls. :/

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At this point, Konami would rather do a MGS pachinko machine before lending the IP to Nintendo and Sakurai for Smash.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Yeah, about Psychonauts 2...

As excited as I am to see it exist, I trust Tim Schaefer as far as I can throw him.

http://www.pcgamer.com/broken-age-r...uble-fine-to-use-steam-early-access-for-more/

When your kickstarter gets over 10 times the original amount asked for (the 3.3 million that the other poster I forget mentioned, also conveniently the same amount he's asking for for Psychonauts 2), and you STILL can't deliver the game, and ask for EVEN MORE money while posting a bunch of pictures like this:

You're a scumbag. Not to mention that right before the kickstarted game, Broken Age, launched, he laid off over a dozen employees so they didn't receive any of the money from the game's sales.

Psychonauts 2 is almost definitely going to get funded because it's a sequel to a cult classic, but I'd strongly advise people not to give Schaefer your money if you're not fully ready to be burned for it when it all goes up in smoke and he asks for more again in a year or two, with only an unfinished shell of a game to show for it.

I'd sooner put money on him asking for more funding in a year or two, than I would actually give him any.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly if anyone from Konami became DLC, **** would go down after what happened last night.
There would be protests an riots to boycott the game and to not buy Snake. And for once, I'd actually see it work. Especially if it was Snake, since Snake's Dad couldn't even be there for his award because the company he worked for stole everything he had in the series from him. Hell I think, I would honestly join the hate if that happened, and I'd love to see Konami characters.

The only way I could see them be accepted is if their Ips were sold to other developers, then people wouldn't be as angry as they would be in better hands. Or I could see it, maybe being Bomberman and they put Hudson Soft instead of Konami on the list of companies involved, but I don't think that's possible.

D

Deleted member

I think nintendo wouldnt want the pr issues of collaberating with konami right now for snakeplus no more kojima so yeah. im sure sakurai doesnt approve of konami right now

Strofirko

Smash Master
Cringe worth moments on TGA:
-The entire pre-show.
-Performance award confusion.
-Konami being a ********.
-Lullaby mouse.
-GO90 being the only ad on the entire show.
-Bad transitions.
-Dev of the year comedian reading script.
-Tim Schafer stupid face.
Melee HD

Been busy the last couple days and since you guys keep track of these things well... what's the story with Indivisible?

I heard it reached it's goal but it still has stretch goals. Tomorrow (Friday) is the last day they're accepting donations, right? Or are they extending the donation period at all as a result of reaching their goal, as silly as that might seem? Also, the main goal paid by supporters was going to be doubled up by some development investment as I recall. I suppose that money doesn't count to any stretch goals.

Oh, and if you make a donation, can you add to your donation after the regular donation period is over? I believe this is what Shantae Half Genie Hero allowed. The opportunity to add to an existing donation after they stopped accepting new ones. I remember seeing the option at least, although I never took it. I had paid to full contributor status on that project in one go anyways.
Since no one seems to have given a proper answer. . . I suppose it is fitting I try

Yes it has reached its goal (and its first stretch goal).

There will be a continuation after the Indiegogo ends. For a few months you will still be able to donate towards stretch goals. Most of the backer rewards will still exist but, according to MikeZ, some of them will stop existing. Im assuming these are the higher ones like creating characters.

505's backing of 2 million dollars will not count towards stretch goals. Or else we would automatically hit them all.

I believe there is a way to add onto your donation but im not sure as I never wound up needing to. I do know that some members of Lab zero have the ability to refund one pledge so you can make a larger one.

Also post X spoilers and I will kill you :evil:

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I kind of hope that all that Melee HD thing is useful for something, and that Nintendo makes Smash 4 a little faster, or less defensive via patches, not Wavedashing or L Cancel, just a little less lag, or more hitstun, or slower shields/air dodges with less invincibility frames.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As much as I (and several people) would like to see Snake returning to Smash, I don't see it happening anymore given all the crap involving Konami and Kojima.

The VGA thing is just rubbing more salt in the wound and a sign that things won't change anytime soon. It sucks, but it is what it is, unfortunately.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

As excited as I am to see it exist, I trust Tim Schaefer as far as I can throw him.

http://www.pcgamer.com/broken-age-r...uble-fine-to-use-steam-early-access-for-more/

When your kickstarter gets over 10 times the original amount asked for (the 3.3 million that the other poster I forget mentioned, also conveniently the same amount he's asking for for Psychonauts 2), and you STILL can't deliver the game, and ask for EVEN MORE money while posting a bunch of pictures like this:

You're a scumbag. Not to mention that right before the kickstarted game, Broken Age, launched, he laid off over a dozen employees so they didn't receive any of the money from the game's sales.

Psychonauts 2 is almost definitely going to get funded because it's a sequel to a cult classic, but I'd strongly advise people not to give Schaefer your money if you're not fully ready to be burned for it when it all goes up in smoke and he asks for more again in a year or two, with only an unfinished shell of a game to show for it.

I'd sooner put money on him asking for more funding in a year or two, than I would actually give him any.
The dude is also asking for more than 3 million dollars. That is ludicrous, especially for a crowd funded game. Indivisible barely made its goal with 1.5 million, and Lab Zero/ Skull Girls is arguably much more relevant these days. But sadly, he had the stupid advantage of standing in front of a viewership of tens of thousands.

I loved Psychonauts, but I'm sitting this one out.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Minus the fact that Stage Clear's icon is a Red :sonic:, No-Name's icon is :pichumelee: (Albeit larger and flipped the other way) and Mario's icon is the Random icon
So
I would definitely be down for muh Random icon tho :4pacman:
Also, on the topic of icons and Pac-Man
@Warchamp7 how do we have this Pac-Man icon :4pacman:

But not the far superior

We have two villager icons, two WFT's, two Warios and Little Macs, FIVE Mii icons(:4mii::4miif::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:) and ALL 8 koopalings.

But we can't have two Pac-Men so that the far superior Pac-Man icon is available? For shame.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm waiting for Fan to be revealed for SF5.

R.I.P. Snake
R.I.P. Simon
R.I.P. Bomberman
R.I.P. Frogger
R.I.P. Master Higgins
R.I.P. ETC.
:c
All of those characters deserved better.

Also I wanted to touch on this point from the recent Sourcegaming article
I do want to give special shout out to K. Rool though, as I feel he’s one character that no matter how good he did in the ballot, won’t be picked (and since I’m building a torch and pitchfork line for my butt, this goes for a lot of characters such as Isaac) because they’re not currently relevant. Moreover, characters like that could be used to better sell Smash 5 (K. Rool anyway) than minor profit on DLC in Smash 4.
Which I don't agree with for a bit, consideirng that, as every single Smash game has sold fine without him, K. Rool being in or out of Smash 5 will have little effect on the hypothetical sales of that game. Pretty much everyone who was interested in K. Rool making it into Smash as a playable fighter bought Smash 4 anyways and the same will happen even if K. Rool never gets into Smash 5.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just read about what went down between Konami and Ktojima.

Wow, they sure are enjoying letting their reputation go down the drain, huh? I mean, I haven't seen a more straight up example of a company being so downright underhanded. Like, "we don't care that we are committing PR suicide. We must continue being jerk***** to the man who helped us rise to glory."

:231:

Last edited:

Chrono.

I know y'all don't really like Stealth but
GAF mods sound more like internet dictators.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just read about what went down between Konami and Ktojima.

Wow, they sure are enjoying letting their reputation go down the drain, huh? I mean, I haven't seen a more straight up example of a company being so downright underhanded. Like, "we don't care that we are committing PR suicide. We must continue being jerk***** to the man who helped us rise to glory."

:231:
That's because it's all about the money to them. They now own the full rights to metal gear a huge cash cow, screw the guy who built it from the ground up, " we can do this on our own now and make millions!" " Let's not forget our pachinko machines will make us even more money!"

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

Everyone I know who's played Broken Age is extremely satisfied with it.

And to those saying 3 million is too much... it's not. He was offered like 1 million from Notch, and said he couldn't do it then because he needed a LOT more. It's too bad he laid off people, but from interviews (and from the games he's made in the past) I'm willing to give him a little leeway.

Last edited:
I know y'all don't really like Stealth but
GAF mods sound more like internet dictators.
I've got a sneaking suspicion they had another reason to ban him and just used that as a facade.

Unless Gaf mods are just that stupid.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've got a sneaking suspicion they had another reason to ban him and just used that as a facade.

I mean it is Gaf....
I honestly wouldn't be surprised....

Chrono.

It's possible, but I've seen people get banned for the dumbest ****.

Mainly @Senselessbreak getting banned just for posting Push's Japan DLC poll results.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Everyone I know who's played Broken Age is extremely satisfied with it.
I'm not saying the game will be bad, just that the developer is scummy and not worth supporting.

Broken Age may be good, but when you make a kickstarter and the goal to deliver a complete game is met 10x over, and then you not only don't deliver on your promise, but ask for MORE money on a game that you claimed you'd gotten over 10 times the money needed to finish? You're a piece of ****.

Broken Age may be alright, but is it good enough to excuse "lol I wasted 3.3 million dollars give me more money pls" and let him do it again?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember when I said I'm avoiding undertale spoilers? Well, my friend just spoiled the entire game for me. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom