• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder what characters would be big with the general public but not on Smash sites either due to community biases or over thinking things.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I'm waiting for Fan to be revealed for SF5.

All of those characters deserved better.

Also I wanted to touch on this point from the recent Sourcegaming article

Which I don't agree with for a bit, consideirng that, as every single Smash game has sold fine without him, K. Rool being in or out of Smash 5 will have little effect on the hypothetical sales of that game. Pretty much everyone who was interested in K. Rool making it into Smash as a playable fighter bought Smash 4 anyways and the same will happen even if K. Rool never gets into Smash 5.
Well it is an opinion, you don't have to agree :p

I didn't mean it wouldn't sell though, as that's just silly. I just think he could be used as an effective marketing tool, more than as DLC is all. Not that I think he'll ever get in until he's in another DK game mind you.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I feel like playing some For Glory Bingo when I get home
@PushDustIn you got that Bingo Template on hand? :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

I know y'all don't really like Stealth but
GAF mods sound more like internet dictators.
Funny thing about me, I'm banned from NeoGAF as well. I had no previous infractions, no previous bans and had a perfect clean record. However, I offended the owner to the point he permanent banned me and the other moderators have no say in the matter when he bans, despite me not breaking any rules.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116429954&postcount=123

D

Deleted member

So... about Snake's chances...

What do you think?
1%

Whatever got him excluded in the first place might still be there. Konami certainly doesn't help matters either.

Speaking of Konami, while I'm at it:

Simon's Chances: 0.01%
Bomberman's Chances: 0.01%

Unfortunately, I can't see either of these two getting in before Snake. Even in the unlikely event that Snake returns, there is no guarantee that Sakurai would pull a Ryu and add Simon or Bomberman.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Time for some EO references no one will get in this update!

*literally, like, 10 minutes of grinding*
Okay, so, here is the plan, Swamp spams Curse to max out his attack and defense while holding this Cheri Berry to negate their Stun Spore, any objections, lady?
...(lady?)
I'll take your silence as a no
Alright, let's go! I hear the gym has a big clock in the midd-- OH GOD WHAT IS THAT!?
*Literally a sex dungeon but I can't describe it because this is PG-13*
I can still see the clock, but I wish I hadn't though
♡So you came! I'm happy to see you!♡
Well, I am here to get the gym badge and all, but I'm not quite sure what all of this is supposed to mean... And I hope that wasn't an innuendo
♡♡Silly you, gym leaders can design their gym however they want, so I designed it after my lovely Grass types!♡♡
I'm not quite sure I understand what grass types have to do with... sticky walls and whips no, wait, I think I get it
♡♡♡Can't you see that Grass types are the ones that try the hardest because of how proud they are of their skills?♡♡♡
That doesn't answer my question at all, but whatever let's just have the battle so I can get out of here
♡♡♡♡Did you forget? You have to defeat all trainers in my gym to be able to fight me!♡♡♡♡
God, what is happening to her voice? Well, about that, I don't think they are in condition to fight
♡♡♡♡♡Oh no! They have all fainted! You sure are a skilled trainer, you beat them all before I could even see!♡♡♡♡♡
I don't think they fainted because of me...
♥Very well, I shall give you your battle! Let's see if what your friend said holds true♥
He's not even my friend!

Vs. Gardenia
>You are challenged by Dungeon Master Gardenia!
>Gardenia sent out Turtwig
>Go! Swampasaur!
I see this is gonna be easy
>Swamp used Curse! Speed fell! Attack and Defense rose!
>Turtwig used Reflect! A mirror appeared in front of Turtwig!
What is that for?
♥♡What do you use mirrors for?♡♥
That was a rhetorical question and I don't see your point!
♥♡♡Of course you don't, there is a mirror between me and you♡♡♥
...whatever happened to the sexual innuendos?
>Swamp used Curse!
>Turtwig used Grass Knot! Turtwig tied Swamp down to the ground!
Wait, what?
>Swamp used Curse
>Turtwig used Sunny day! Swamp started to sweat!
Just stay with the plan!
>Swamp used Curse
>Turtwig used Vine Whip! Swamp is being tortured!
Hey, what is going on now? I didn't sign up for this masochist stuff
♥♡♡♡Actually, you did♡♡♥
*shows Nuzlocke rules*
Touché
>Swamp used Curse
>Turtwig used Grass Knot! It tied Swamp down even more!
>Swamp used Curse! Swamp's attack maxed out!
>Reflect wore off!
Now's your chance
>Turtwig used Reflect!
Goddamnit!
>Swamp used Razor Leaf! A critical hit! Turtwig fainted!
I guess that works
♥♡♡♡♡Oh no, my poor Turtwig was bested in love! Now it's time to get inside! ♡♡♡♡♥
>Gardenia sent out Roserade
Now you're going to say "Roserade! Use Stun Spore!"
♥♡♡♡♡♡Roserade! Use Stun Spore! Oh no!♡♡♡♡♡♥
Just as I predicted!
>Roserade used Stun Spore!
>Swamp is paralyzed! It may be unable to move!
>Swamp ate the Cheri Berry! Swamp was cured from paralysis!
>Swamp used Tackle! Not so much damage was dealt!
♥♥Enough toying around, Roserade!♥♥
>Roserade used Rose Prison! A critical hit!
>Swamp used Tackle! A critical hit!
>Roserade fainted!
>Swamp learned Bite!
♥♥♡My poor Roserade... now it's time to get really serious!♡♥♥
>Gardenia sent out Cherrim!
>The sunlight transformed Cherrim!
>Cherrim revealed herself!
OH GOD
>Cherrim's Trance boosted her attack!
>Cherrim used Ecstasy! A critical hit!
SWAMP, JUST KILL IT!
>Swamp used Bite!
>Used a Super Potion
>Cherrim used Ecstasy! A critical hit!
Someone stop that thing!
>Swamp used Bite! Cherrim fainted!
THANK YOU
>Player defeated Dungeon Master Gardenia

Can I get my badge now?
♥♥♡♡Of course! Here it goes! I have to say, your friend was right abou-- wait, you're leaving already?♡♡♥♥
Yeah, I don't plan on staying here more than necessary
♥♥♡♡♡But if you stay and have some fun, I can give you the TM for Grass Knot!♡♡♡♥♥
No, I don't think it's worth it

Forest Badge got!
Badge progress: 2/8

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Well that Konami thing happened. I'm guessing that out of all the Konami characters, Snake would probably be the least likely to appear now. If Sakurai is friends with Kojima then he no doubt has loyalty to him. For this reason Snake is probably even less likely than Bomberman or Belmont.

Also, Neogaf is the most toxic, awful forum I've ever been on.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Well it is an opinion, you don't have to agree :p

I didn't mean it wouldn't sell though, as that's just silly. I just think he could be used as an effective marketing tool, more than as DLC is all. Not that I think he'll ever get in until he's in another DK game mind you.
If he can't sell well as DLC to a much more limited audience, I see no reason why he could be used as an effective marketing tool for a much more wider audience.

I wonder what characters would be big with the general public but not on Smash sites either due to community biases or over thinking things.
Toad?

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I have Xenoblade X. See you in a couple of months suckers! :143:

D

Deleted member

A Tekken character or SMT character.
Mfw I would love either of those
Literally any recent character(2010-2015) because we still have people hoping for R. Cool
I have Xenoblade X. See you in a couple of months suckers! :143:
Zoroarking is no more
He has been consumed by jealousy

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm going to be working every day this week, with 12 hour days every day.

I'm barely gonna be able to touch Chronicles X. :/ And I hate that.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Who are the 5 most likely characters in your opinion? (Most likely, not your favorite)
You can post a list of the characters in no particular order.

I'm curious.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think mostly ones that are unappreciated 3rd Parties. Toad, Waluigi and every Pokemon probably qualify also.

No one fits this criteria more than Mickey.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
NeoGaf is a joke. They're currently complaining about the new Uncharted character being played by a white woman. :rolleyes:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To talk about Psychonauts 2 and the Kickstarter, the game itself really had bad sales, I'm talking Platinum Games level of sales numbers.

Asking for 3 Million is a bit much. Especially considering how Broken Age got 3. 3 Million, way more than they needed but somehow seem like a major disappointment.

It's kinda why I hate Crowdfunded games. It's like people will ignore all the cons it brings because they want to see their dream game but forget how much of a problem it is. I can count on my hand on games that had success on Kickstarter and had success outside of it with no problems (Skullgirls, Pillars of Eternity and Shovel Knight are big examples).

I'm hyped for Bloodstained but I'm skeptical on how it can turn out because of it being really bad with a lot of development problems. Hell even games that weren't crowdfunded turned out with piss poor development and had a lackluster game (Hi, Devil's Third)

I'm not looking forward to future of crowdfunding, especially with games like Shenmue 3 where people will have to use Kickstarter just to get he games they want, I don't wanna look forward to the future where F-Zero has to be kickstarted just to get a new game

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
NeoGaf is a joke. They're currently complaining about the new Uncharted character being played by a white woman. :rolleyes:
Still not as bad as when someone tried telling me that Marvel were racist for casting a white kid as Peter Parker.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think mostly ones that are unappreciated 3rd Parties. Toad, Waluigi and every Pokemon probably qualify also.

No one fits this criteria more than Mickey.
I think any MArio character that appears in the Spin-offs could count, not just Waluigi and Toad. Daisy, Toadette, random generic Mario enemies... It's a long list. The problem with the Pokemon is there's so many to choose from.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So I got an Elgato yesterday to replace the crappy Hauppauge. It's great, other than audio issues that I need to figure out - but I'm pretty sure what went wrong is completely my own fault and not the hardware/software.

In other news that I swear is completely unrelated, I'll be playing it here tonight, if any of you would care to watch.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
But Peter Parker is a white guy. How the heck could anyone find something like that racist?:confused:
The perpetually offended aren't just easily offended, the have a NEED to be offended so start finding it wherever they can. Like how people became convinced there was a way to smoke Banana Skins at one point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who are the 5 most likely characters in your opinion? (Most likely, not your favorite)

I'm curious.
I have no idea. Sakurai has thrown way too many curveballs for me to list a top five. Characters that I may think are likely might not actually be added.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think any MArio character that appears in the Spin-offs could count, not just Waluigi and Toad. Daisy, Toadette, random generic Mario enemies... It's a long list. The problem with the Pokemon is there's so many to choose from.
I'm not too sure about some of the Mario characters. Toadette isn't hated but does she really have a huge amount of fans? Waluigi divides people but basically everyone knows who he is and he has a **** ton of fans out there.

A lot of people tout Daisy as being on the same kind of wavelength as Waluigi but I only ever see people using her as a device to troll others.

Ah well, Nintendo if you're reading. I bet you could scoop up SEGA for pretty cheap right about now.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
wait what link?

I thought even GAF was above that kind of sexist ****. That's disappointing given how progressive the forum has been, even though the community is pretty toxic.

Also, Neogaf is the most toxic, awful forum I've ever been on.
Unfortunately NeoGAF is pretty much nothing compared to what I've seen on many other internet forums. Even moreso with a certain gaming group being so prominent around some parts nowadays.

I honestly don't think there's such thing as a huge good gaming community. People by nature are very... yeah

Last edited:

Naoshi

Half of the mods I know are actually great people. It's people like Evilore and a few terrible mods that's seriously holding the forum back.

Evilore is the worst. He's very immature and has the tendency to permban anyone that dare suggests he's wrong.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I'm curious.
1) Inkling
2-5) Anyone better than Bad Boy Furniture and Appliances
Now we pray people get the joke

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There's a reason I left NeoGAF for Smashboards for Smash discussion. That place is just awfully ran, stupid users and mods who have a massive ego and agenda for everything.

Plus the place was a massive hole for Sony fanboys.

The only reason it's considered a better place to discuss video games because Reddit sucks, 4chan is a lot more hostile and the less we talk about GameFAQs forums, the better.

Remember this was the same board who when fans wanted to do a tribute to Iwata for the whole website with the banner, the mods and admins got upset because they wanted to keep the rainbow flag for gay marriage support. (Please trying not to discuss this topic)

Naoshi

Remember this was the same board who when fans wanted to do a tribute to Iwata for the whole website with the banner, the mods and admins got upset because they wanted to keep the rainbow flag for gay marriage support. (Please trying not to discuss this topic)
That was actually just Evilore, but yeah, outright childish of him. His reasoning was because some people were harassing him and the mod team for not putting it up any sooner or something. Like... way to let some few rotten apples ruin it for everyone. Dude is way too easy to piss off, especially for someone who runs a huge forum.

The only reason it's considered a better place to discuss video games because Reddit sucks, 4chan is a lot more hostile and the less we talk about GameFAQs forums, the better.
100% in agreement here. I've yet to see a huge gaming forum that's any good.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I'm curious.
1. We
2. Can't
3. Possibly
4. Predict
5. This

I think this is an objectively fair list considering what we've seen.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I know y'all don't really like Stealth but
GAF mods sound more like internet dictators.
It's GAF. What else did you expect?

If you don't agree with their staff's opinions, you get banned

I remember the controversy caused by one of XSEED's translators getting banned for having a no censorship stance in regards to Japanese games. He actually made compelling and well-written posts with arguments backed by his own experience in living in Japan.

Regardless of my stance on his opinion, I did think the posts he made were informative and civil. Guess what, he got banned because one of the staff members disagreed with him.

Funny thing about me, I'm banned from NeoGAF as well. I had no previous infractions, no previous bans and had a perfect clean record. However, I offended the owner to the point he permanent banned me and the other moderators have no say in the matter when he bans, despite me not breaking any rules.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116429954&postcount=123
Absolutely disgusting.

It's like Chrono. Chrono. says, it's like an Internet dictatorship. That is pretty much the "with us or against us" mentality that verily defines a dictatorship.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
100% in agreement here. I've yet to see a huge gaming forum that's any good.
There's a major few and I've been there but what makes them special is the small userbase so you won't have that massive influx of idiots and overall bias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom