• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need KIU2.

My favorite game of all time needs it's "super sequel" like Uncharted 2 or Assassin's creed brotherhood where a great game is made infinitely better.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Dark Pit just looks like the archetype in Smash because the context in which he's introduced isn't there.

The satirical aspects were lost in the transition from KIU to Smash.

KIU doesn't take itself seriously, save for a few story arcs where it definitely gets darker, not to mention it DOES have darker subtexts in regards to how the gods treat the world.

That's the charm of its story even though it isn't that deep and does miss some opportunities in regards to character and world development and exploration, but it's fairly interesting how it can be apparently one thing, but actually is something else if you look at it in more detail.

The story and world is more ****ed up than it seems, but it is masked in a layer of comedy with its zany writing. It's not a deep story, but it is well written nonetheless.

Pretty much.

Viridi is a textbook tsundere in all aspects of her character. It's just that the traits are exaggerated for the sake of comedy.
I'm speaking off my play time of Uprising. I did finish the game.

It's my favourite handheld game ever (between it and Dissidia anyway) but it's one of those games where I noticed more writing flaws the more I played it.

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
Dark Pit is meant to be a satire of the dark counterpart character archetype. The more obvious part is when Hades comments on how "the hero has gone goth" when you play as him and Dark Pit just has his usual nonchalant edgy reaction with Hades pointing how he doesn't have sense of humor.

In fact, Kid Icarus: Uprising is meant to be a parody of common video game conventions and tropes, as well as character archetypes. It's rife with meta humor, breaks the fourth wall every so often and the characters act in a very self-aware manner.

Viridi is an exaggeration of the tsundere archetype played for laughs and Pit is a jab at the idiot hero archetype, being the butt of nearly every joke.

Some of the anime and manga I've seen also employ this kind of humor at times, though Kill la Kill and Blood Lad employ it far more by blatantly exaggerating or obviously pointing out certain tropes. Like KIU, they have plenty of allusions to other works.
OPM also does this, and it's executed so well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I stopped playing kid icarus because I was sick of grinding equipment and hearts and junk

and it was making me mad people were using purposely bad equipment for street pass even though they don't actually loose the item they put up for it

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OPM also does this, and it's executed so well.
I heard about it. I'm going to try out that anime soon enough.

Did some research on it and, being by studio Madhouse and having one hell of a voice cast, it's definitely on my to-watch list.

Also i find it hillarious that dark pit is pretty much the only normal character.

Everyone else is either insane (the gods) or an idiot (pit, thanatos pyrhon, etc)

Him and magnus are the only people with a brain and i find that fantastic. Sad he has basically become "lol edgy pit" though :/

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Who are the 5 most likely characters in your opinion? (Most likely, not your favorite)
You can post a list of the characters in no particular order.

I'm curious.
Hm, Why I honestly wouldn't be shocked if none of them got in, here are my:

Bandanna Dee
Wonder Red
Banjo or another big 3rd party
K rool( if the ballot helped), if not then Dixie
Paper Mario. This one is an oddball pick but it would make sense to do another mario character and he is fairly popular.
I could see Isaac instead though, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

My grandma's cat was put to sleep

It was originally the baby of my cat from YEARS AND YEARS ago. Like, 20 years ago

She was the last living kitten. We owned another one that died naturally 2 years ago

It was always a really healthy cat
May it R.I.P. Sorry for the loss, we had to have one of my cats put down about a month ago as well. Had her for nearing 18yrs.

Last edited:
Viridi was a tsundere? I found rather sassy though.

Anyway.... I see A Distant Demon A Distant Demon is a re-incarnated Oni333.

:231:
No Lanshi is the reincarnation incarnation. :troll:

I still wish i knew if the secret viridi/pit conversation from "aurum hive" is in the Japanese version or just an american thing like the heart ending >_> i wanna know if Piridi is canon.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah Viridi wasn't solely characterised as tsundere. It was a small aspect of her character that didn't have much focus until near the end.

She was a favourite though. She was trying to do the right thing but went about it the wrong way. She had everyone against her, but Pit was understanding of her, Palutena too. She's still effectively a child though so she didn't know how to respond, so she lashed out at people instead, thinking she was more powerful than everyone else, that she could take care of herself. It was less tsundere and more just her being a bit childish.

The tsundere stuff didn't come until around the end, with the PitxViridi teasing. However, she is friendlier overall at that point in the game anyway.

Chrono.

Also i find it hillarious that dark pit is pretty much the only normal character.

Everyone else is either insane (the gods) or an idiot (pit, thanatos pyrhon, etc)

Him and magnus are the only people with a brain and i find that fantastic. Sad he has basically become "lol edgy pit" though :/
He was also the only who called out the gods on their fighting lol (during his playable chapter)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Seeing how the roster has been done since the games' reveal, to me there's no such thing as "most likely characters".

I've given up predicting ages ago.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Pit is more naive than stupid. He's always been Palutena's lapdog because that's what he only knows his whole life.

It's kinda sad that he's pretty much a whipping boy for Palutena and Viridi Nieves then it's all for the sake of comedy and he can handle it, he's probably more powerful than all of those Gods

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pit isn't powerful, he just had a good kit, granted to him by gods.

His tools were good and he knew how to use them. He doesn't have any innate powers though, nor is he a physical powerhouse, and pretty much was constantly aided by some god. Or by Magnus, when he was a ring.

It's meant to be the idiot hero archetype taken to it's most literal extreme. He's a pawn on a chessboard that can't do much on his own and relies on the direction and aid of his friends pretty much completely.

He's not like Kratos from God of War, who is powerful even without weapons and godly help.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The CNN and MSNBC SanBernadino investigation just turned into a MADTV skit. Seriously.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also I really do not like Tim Schafer and I have no faith in him due to his previous fundings and I hope his new kickstarter fails.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
KIU doesn't take itself seriously, save for a few story arcs where it definitely gets darker, not to mention it DOES have darker subtexts in regards to how the gods treat the world.

That's the charm of its story even though it isn't that deep and does miss some opportunities in regards to character and world development and exploration, but it's fairly interesting how it can be apparently one thing, but actually is something else if you look at it in more detail.

The story and world is more ****ed up than it seems, but it is masked in a layer of comedy with its zany writing. It's not a deep story, but it is well written nonetheless.
That reminds me of my idea for a KIU sequel.
Basically, a bunch of humans get really pissed off at the way gods, like Viridi, treat them. A few gods sympathize with them and give them divine weaponry which makes the humans a legitimate threat to the gods.
Their ultimate goal is to execute or expel all the gods, depending on how badly they treated humans. Palutena treated humans pretty well, so she'd just get expelled. Viridi on the other hand, would get executed. I'm thinking magnus would join the human team, and have to fight Pit at some point.

What do y'all think?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My best friend and I have had various big discussions about Nintendo franchise movies. The biggest one we had was probably Kid Icarus. We came up with like, a complete trilogy idea and everything. The idea was that it would be similar in tone to Harry Potter or something like that.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
My best friend and I have had various big discussions about Nintendo franchise movies. The biggest one we had was probably Kid Icarus. We came up with like, a complete trilogy idea and everything. The idea was that it would be similar in tone to Harry Potter or something like that.
I feel like we need specifics here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The CNN and MSNBC SanBernadino investigation just turned into a MADTV skit. Seriously.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Also I really do not like Tim Schafer and I have no faith in him due to his previous fundings and I hope his new kickstarter fails.
How'd they ruin it?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I wouldn't want any Nintendo movies to be live action tbh. No matter what route they take, I'd like it to be either traditional animation or CGI animation.

If that Sony-made Mario film is actually happening, it will be fully CGi right? I would love to see how this turns out.
Zelda would work well too.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
How'd they ruin it?
Apparently MSNBC was allowed in the apartment when the investigation was still going. They barged in there and tampered with all the evidence on live TV. Apparently a lot of people were allowed in that room.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I wouldn't want any Nintendo movies to be live action tbh. No matter what route they take, I'd like it to be either traditional animation or CGI animation.

If that Sony-made Mario film is actually happening, it will be fully CGi right? I would love to see how this turns out.
Plans for a Metroid live-action movie made by the same people who worked on Alien have been tossed around as early as 2006.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Apparently MSNBC was allowed in the apartment when the investigation was still going. They barged in there and tampered with all the evidence on live TV. Apparently a lot of people were allowed in that room.
Damn, but who's the idiot that let people enter an ongoing crime scene?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I forgot that was a thing.

We've had no news about it since, right?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN A GENUINE METROID MOVIE. JESUS ****ING CHRIST NINTENDO, LEARN TO LOOK AT TRACK RECORDS FOR MOVIES! I WANT A METROID MOVIE DAMMIT

PATRICK SEITZ OR SLOWBEEF FOR RIDLEY OR GTFO
Benedict Cumberbatch.
Heck he could even do the motion capture for Ridley like he did with Smaug.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I forgot that was a thing.

We've had no news about it since, right?

Apparently the person who founded Marvel Studios is helping with the movie, so maybe it'll be good?:happysheep:
(Although he was the one who also made this...

So it could almost inevitibly go either way... :sadsheep:)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually, only one person is allowed to make a Metroid movie imo. Ridley Scott. Reasons are obvious
Or Micheal Bay

M is for Metroid

E is for the Explosions it will have all throughout the film.
Instant profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom