• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want armored Mewtwo regardless

They obviously took inspiration in the pokemon characters from the anime

Pikachu says "Pikachu" in the games, after all

Instead of pixilated "Scree"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So boys, who's hyped for Super Mystery Dungeon?

Also...what would you guys think if a character completely inspired by Pokemon Mystery Dungeon joined the battle? Perhaps Grovyle?
Can't wait for it! I also would love and have been campaigning for grovyle and MD content in smash! Recently I thought of an interesting Stage idea to represent all of MD:

Boss Pit:

A relatively Small( slightly bigger then Wily's Castle) Stage. Players fight in a big circular pit based around the setup for boss battles in MD. Music plays iconic mystery dungeon tracks until a boss shows up and then the boss music( defy the legends) kicks in. The bosses wouldn't be huge or bosses necessarily but would be interactive fights.
Example:
Drowzee the 1st boss from Sky/ Time/Darkness would show up in the background and shooting psybeam and hypnosis beams at you. Fighters hit by it are stunned or put to sleep.

Another would be the Blue team( Team Meanie) from MD 1
Medicham: Will randomly launch High Jump Kicks, avoiding these ko's it faster.
Gengar: Lick, gengar will teleport around and try to stun fighters.
Ekans: Wrap: Ekans will warp itself around one player randomly. Toggle the controls to shake it off.

And one from GTI:
Gurdurr: Brick Break: Simple: a fast hitting attack that will create big knockback if hit by it.

Don't have one for SMD yet, obviously, and there are so many other options you could do. This is just a basic concept. Thoughts?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I change my name so much. I feel like if I change? Everyone will just continue to call me Rosalina or Roger or Rogerlina.
Pretty much. You'll always be Roger and Blue will always be blue.

You can change your name and you can change how you look, but you cant change who you are!
[raises hands as sparkly asplosions spontaneously erupt from his eyes and finger tips]

You can't escape your destiny!

D

Deleted member

I want armored Mewtwo regardless

They obviously took inspiration in the pokemon characters from the anime

Pikachu says "Pikachu" in the games, after all

Instead of pixilated "Scree"
Well, technically, in Gen 6, Pikachu saying "Pikachu" is canon
Still doesn't explain talking Lucario tho

Soul.

I'm hyped for Super Mystery Dungeon in the sense that it'll be a decent game, but I'm honestly not having massive hype towards it.

I'll probably get it, maybe stop playing after a while like I did with Rescue Team and Explorers. I tried to play Explorers again in 2013 but I stopped.

re: Gates
Weren't the WiiWare games worse than it?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Greninja, Electrode and Amoonguss
None of them can learn bug moves

Swagger might be useful, how do you get its TM?
U-Turn is only avaible after the whole Flare thing
Battle mansion for swagger. As for a way out of this,
Spore from Amoongus, then substitute if you can, Spam sludge bomb
Greninja can use double team and substitute. Try to get a X6 double team and greininja should be able to take it down.
Electode can get signal beam but not in XY. Perhaps use thunder wave, then double team, and then charge beam. Build up electrode's power and it should be able to take it out.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Majimutt's story in the yokai watch anime is getting a little more interesting

The kid kept on summing him again and again for some reason in the earlier episodes

He was sent to jail, so whenever the kid summons him it's breaking him out of jail

Because of that, he was sent to worse and worse prisons because he "keeps escaping"

He's starting to resent the kid now

D

Deleted member

Battle Maison. :3
Well, ****
Battle mansion for swagger. As for a way out of this,
Spore from Amoongus, then substitute if you can, Spam sludge bomb
Greninja can use double team and substitute. Try to get a X6 double team and greininja should be able to take it down.
Electode can get signal beam but not in XY. Perhaps use thunder wave, then double team, and then charge beam. Build up electrode's power and it should be able to take it out.
Spore? It learns it at what level? Or do I have to use the move reminder? Because then I just got rid of the whole problem with a 100% accurracy sleep move
Xerosic has a Crobat with X-Scissor before out Malamar, Substitute Greninja is not an option
Double team and thunder wave rely on RNG and let's just say we two don't have the best of the relationships...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, ****

Spore? It learns it at what level? Or do I have to use the move reminder? Because then I just got rid of the whole problem with a 100% accurracy sleep move
Xerosic has a Crobat with X-Scissor before out Malamar, Substitute Greninja is not an option
Double team and thunder wave rely on RNG and let's just say we two don't have the best of the relationships...
*Looks it up:
Level 62
Well ****
Yeah you might be in for some trouble. Do you have any other team members you could add in? I know nuzlockes usually have reserve members from each route that can be added in once someone dies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Majimutt's story in the yokai watch anime is getting a little more interesting

The kid kept on summing him again and again for some reason in the earlier episodes

He was sent to jail, so whenever the kid summons him it's breaking him out of jail

Because of that, he was sent to worse and worse prisons because he "keeps escaping"

He's starting to resent the kid now
I always felt him to be like this character...

You can't doubt it, they're similar...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The talk of Puyo Puyo makes me still hope 3D Puyo Puyo Tsu for 3DS gets localized.

And to continue on my :4drmario: sprite project...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
So boys, who's hyped for Super Mystery Dungeon?
I am, it sounds like they made the improvements that they needed to from the previous games and it does show from what I've seen, I really look forward to playing it.

I'm hyped for Super Mystery Dungeon in the sense that it'll be a decent game, but I'm honestly not having massive hype towards it.

I'll probably get it, maybe stop playing after a while like I did with Rescue Team and Explorers. I tried to play Explorers again in 2013 but I stopped.

re: Gates
Weren't the WiiWare games worse than it?
The only thing the Wiiware games really seem to have over Gates is the number of Pokémon, they barely even had a plot.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't think it should matter if something is canon, most costumes in Smash aren't. Sonic has never worn gems on his wrists, I've never seen a Charizard with the colours of any other Pokemon, I doubt that Mario movie that Luigi's blue and yellow costume came from is canon. Not to mention the fact that Smash is a series where you can have Mario fight Link, have Mega Man fight Samus, and have Zelda fight herself as Sheik.

Smash isn't supposed to be about the real characters, they're toys, and I bet the kid playing with these toys could get one of Mewtwo from the anime.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think it should matter if something is canon, most costumes in Smash aren't. Sonic has never worn gems on his wrists, I've never seen a Charizard with the colours of any other Pokemon, I doubt that Mario movie that Luigi's blue and yellow costume came from is canon. Not to mention the fact that Smash is a series where you can have Mario fight Link, have Mega Man fight Samus, and have Zelda fight herself as Sheik.

Smash isn't supposed to be about the real characters, they're toys, and I bet the kid playing with these toys could get one of Mewtwo from the anime.
Yeah

Super Mario Super Show is Mario's true origin canon

Shroob

Sup?
Huh, checking Neogaf, someone brought up a good point.

We've only ever gotten 2 stages per DLC patch, think about it.

Dreamland and Suzaku Castle.
Hyrule and Peach's Castle
Mario Maker and Duck Hunt/Pirate Ship

I wonder if this trend will continue this time despite the 3 blank spots in the code. We already know of Midgar.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I HOPE I GET TO SEE KOMYSEN AND WESPER AS PLAYABLE!
SPRINGDULL SHOULD BE A STAGE WITH THE MUSIC OF GAMME GAMME HA INCLUDED!!
I feel like one of the adults in that episode of South Park that parodied Pokemon, none of these things even sound like words.

Edit: Chinpokomon, they were called Chinpokomon.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I HOPE I GET TO SEE KOMYSEN AND WESPER AS PLAYABLE!
SPRINGDULL SHOULD BE A STAGE WITH THE MUSIC OF GAMME GAMME HA INCLUDED!!
Actually, I could see Nate and Katie being costumes for the :4miibrawl: with a Jibanyan trophy.
(Also this as a possible track,
)

Last edited:

Soul.

The only thing the Wiiware games really seem to have over Gates is the number of Pokémon, they barely even had a plot.
If they were lacking in everything, is it a good thing to say Gates was ****?
I do think it was a disappointment, but it really wasn't that bad. At least not as bad as WiiWare PMD.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel like one of the adults in that episode of South Park that parodied Pokemon, none of these things even sound like words.

Edit: Chinpokomon, they were called Chinpokomon.
I think he was going with the joke that you spelled Jibanyan wrong...

Chrono.

Huh, checking Neogaf, someone brought up a good point.

We've only ever gotten 2 stages per DLC patch, think about it.

Dreamland and Suzaku Castle.
Hyrule and Peach's Castle
Mario Maker and Duck Hunt/Pirate Ship

I wonder if this trend will continue this time despite the 3 blank spots in the code. We already know of Midgar.
Well there was Miiverse with the first one... (but it was being worked on before Mewtwo so I guess it doesn't count)

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
So I decided to download Badge Arcade today.

Greatest decision of my life. :estatic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom