• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Kids, there's nothing more cool than having a nice discussion about Geno with someone you like, but if someone tries to argue with your super old posts, that's GeNO GOOD.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So... it looks like we're still in the dark for now.

PushDustIn PushDustIn : Would it maybe be possible for you to convince RandomTBush to tell you the costumes as your a trustworthy source? I'm kind of interested on what you'd have to say on this whole thing lol.
Honestly I think at this point it's best to leave it be. We should respect his choice of keeping quiet and moving on.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I started feeling sick ATM and I was like "It's a good thing I have tomorrow off, I don't have to do anything"

And then I was like "Oh dang, I can't get sick tomorrow, I'm supposed to hang with this girl I know."

I haven't seen her in months

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The king of Hyrule is so much hype :
Nintendo :"What if I told you you can play as a ghost in Hyrule Warriors legend?"
Me : "That's cool."
Nintendo : "What if I told you that it's also a King."
Me : " You have my attention..."
Nintendo : " Also, is moveset involve transforming himself into a boat"
Me " That's it, I'm ****ing sold. Give me my ghost boat king now."

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
On the note of this, I never noticed that Watchog's stripes were based on NYC construction workers' uniforms, and now I can't unsee it. In any case, I love Gen V even more now that I actually live in NYC and get more of the geographic references.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

PushDustIn PushDustIn : Would it maybe be possible for you to convince RandomTBush to tell you the costumes as your a trustworthy source? I'm kind of interested on what you'd have to say on this whole thing lol.
What's this about?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The talk of Pokémon & Yok-Kai Watch makes me wanna play Keitai Denjū Telefang again.

Gonna need the latest English patch.
Think I need to explain this game. Keitai Denjū Telefang is a pair game that is similar to Pokémon for GBC. I really like it. You might know it better as these bootlegs:

Here's what they really are:

The translation I'm talking about is being made to undo all the countless flaws (laughably terrible Engrish and tons of game breaking bugs to start) that the bootleg plagued the otherwise awesome game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Movie Page for Smash US site is broken again.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This... this has just gone too far...
Ignoring the Yo-Kai Watch plug for a second, am I the only one who's somewhat glad that this happened? Like, this is truly a miracle; It's like God himself wanted to screw with humanity and made this happen. Some may call it "stupid", I call it divine intervention.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Alright guys drop the comments about Burb and Geno Boost. The mods will take care of the situation. If you have a comment that absolutely needs to be said, please PM one of the other mods or myself.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
What's this about?

Basically this happened. It'll be interesting to see what else we could find with Saviine.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
What a stupid reason. lol

That's the video game community for you.

The rap is kinda catchy, to be honest, and I'm not much of a fan of rap in the first place. I don't think the rapper works with Sawano anymore, though. The latest soundtracks he's done don't have any songs with rapping, so maybe their collaboration is over.

I know the rapper collaborated with Sawano for Kill la Kill's OST which is from late 2013 (and also led to complaints lol), but all other anime OSTs he's made after KLK don't have any rap songs. None of the songs in Aldnoah.Zero, Nanatsu no Taizai and Owari no Seraph have rapping but still feature many of the vocalists Sawano usually collaborates with.

I guess if the soundtrack hadn't been produced all the way back in 2012, there wouldn't have been such complaints... :p

Well, if they want easy money, that's one way to do it.
I don't mind the rap, it's not meant to be lyrically deep really. It does it's job well by being catchy imo.

Chrono.

Think I need to explain this game. Keitai Denjū Telefang is a pair game that is similar to Pokémon for GBC. I really like it. You might know it better as these bootlegs:

The translation I'm talking about is being made to undo all the countless flaws (laughably terrible Engrish and tons of game breaking bugs to start) that the bootleg plagued the otherwise awesome game.
Lol wow, all this time I thought they were just ****ty bootleg games.

The more you know~

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I've played this before, it's hard but an interesting game, the english translation didn't make objectives crystal clear though.

Ah, I see you found my twitter post, I wanted to see what they could hint at, regards of whether it was smash related or not, even though that had me more curious.

kylexv

Smash Master

Basically this happened. It'll be interesting to see what else we could find with Saviine.
Finally got a chance to use this gif:

RTB, you better guarantee you're going to keep this secret. It's for the good for all mankind.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I seriously doubt the new costumes points to anything Smash related (really WHY do people connect everything to Smash?).

The new costumes so far in Mario Maker are unlocked via beating Event Courses that periodically updates. The first day we only had the TriForce Heroes Totem Link costume and Arino. The next day was Mario Kun.

If anything, this only points to more special event courses that unlocks costumes. Given we got 3 out of 10 costumes (although I haven't turned SMM on in the past few days), I do think there's just going to be just a constant flow of new event courses, with some unlocking the remaining costumes.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I seriously doubt the new costumes points to anything Smash related (really WHY do people connect everything to Smash?).

The new costumes so far in Mario Maker are unlocked via beating Event Courses that periodically updates. The first day we only had the TriForce Heroes Totem Link costume and Arino. The next day was Mario Kun.

If anything, this only points to more special event courses that unlocks costumes.
I don't really think it's Smash related lol. I'm just curious on what they are XD.

Naoshi

One of them is probably the Famitsu mascot since that was the first DLC costume ever revealed for that game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

If anything, this only points to more special event courses that unlocks costumes. Given we got 3 out of 10 costumes (although I haven't turned SMM on in the past few days), I do think there's just going to be just a constant flow of new event courses, with some unlocking the remaining costumes.
No one is seriously making the claim.

We're just curious.

Naoshi

No one is seriously making the claim.

We're just curious.
Fair enough. Sorry, it was just a bit too easy to think otherwise due to some desperate things I've seen around the internet regarding DLC lol

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You have an insatiable appetite for Smash news. It's not healthy. This begging for scraps and even trying to hide it within an apology... I facepalmed.
Uh... I said its not for Smash news. I'm just curious about the SMM costumes. I can handle this drought. I still have a lot of other games I'm playing through which can keep me busy. So, please don't really make assumptions. I'm not doing this over Smash Bros, just out of general curiosity.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Still, I think it's best we simply let the costumes take their course. I get people want to see them, but I'd rather respect the both the leaker's choice along with the developers and let it be.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I no longer believe that the official Smash website will squeeze out anymore leaks.

Data mining is much more dependable.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got these 3 yokai in the back that just kind of chill there. Not really used

I dunno if I should utilize them more, but the 3 up front seem to be able to take care of stuff

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Well. Time to let by gones be by gones.
View attachment 82190
you might as well learn how to datamine if you're that ravenous for news
At this point I'd think it healthy for us to stop complaining and wait. We are getting news in the next 8 weeks. The time really isn't as far off as it seems, either.

(PLEASE, SOMETHING AT THE GAME AWARDS :p)

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Uh... I said its not for Smash news. I'm just curious about the SMM costumes. I can handle this drought. I still have a lot of other games I'm playing through which can keep me busy. So, please don't really make assumptions. I'm not doing this over Smash Bros, just out of general curiosity.
Smash news or not, it is Nintendo news and you can't seem to wait even one extra second to get even the littlest bit of info. I'm curious too but I'm not asking dataminers for information within a couple hours of getting a hint there's anything to see. Would it kill us to not have every possible thing leaked? I think you can't handle this drought, or at least your way of "handling it" is by chasing raindrops, so to speak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom