• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well I've seen people literally cancel their Xenoblade X pre-orders because the battle theme has rap in it. People are just way too spoiled.
What a stupid reason. lol

That's the video game community for you.

The rap is kinda catchy, to be honest, and I'm not much of a fan of rap in the first place. I don't think the rapper works with Sawano anymore, though. The latest soundtracks he's done don't have any songs with rapping, so maybe their collaboration is over.

I know the rapper collaborated with Sawano for Kill la Kill's OST which is from late 2013 (and also led to complaints lol), but all other anime OSTs he's made after KLK don't have any rap songs. None of the songs in Aldnoah.Zero, Nanatsu no Taizai and Owari no Seraph have rapping but still feature many of the vocalists Sawano usually collaborates with.

I guess if the soundtrack hadn't been produced all the way back in 2012, there wouldn't have been such complaints... :p

I think a Pokemon card amiibo line is pretty likely.
Well, if they want easy money, that's one way to do it.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Not that it matters, but I want to start a new topic regarding Smashbaords
Where do you currently rank in terms of the number of messages you posted and the amount of likes received in Smashboards?
I currently rank #14 in messages and #9 in likes.
You can find it in the Members Page here.

It took me to the Yo-Kai Watch thread instead.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Technically...Geno Boost started this round as Burb's original comment wasn't even direct at him. Burb was replying to a comment that was directed at him.

So you guys need to stop picking on him, as he isn't 100% wrong.

Burb could've been less standoffish in his reply, but at this point I think he's just sick if hearing about Geno's "importance", especially when the comment wasn't directed at @Geno Boost .

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pending mod stuff?

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Where do you currently rank in terms of the number of messages you posted and the amount of likes received in Smashboards?
I currently rank #14 in messages and #9 in likes.
You can find it in the Members Page here.
I sense something burning. I don't where it's coming from...

OH WAIT

HERE IT IS
:troll:

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
What I would do.Is give the starters and legendaries amiibo figures and everyone else cards.Of course pikachu and lucario get figures though

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
If I wanted to start another Geno debate, I'd have actually countered his points. It's not hard to do, I've already obliterated them more times than I care to remember.

Maybe you should've quoted his post and said this instead of mine. Oh, wait, that's right, we've still got this narrative going on that I'm this big mean bully picking on an innocent child. Silly me, I almost forgot. :estatic:
You're the one coming back to a post from twenty pages ago and you think the other guy should've been told to stop? I get that he was responding to you but you made the choice to bring it up. If you think his argument is "drivel" and that it's not worth having a serious discussion over it, then you should drop it instead of making a dumb, condescending remark so that you can complain when you're called out.

I dunno if it's part of your internet persona or something but you should probably tone it down. You're really pointlessly argumentative.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Can this Geno nonsense please stop? Every time he's talked about, things always get nasty, as they are now. Enough is enough.

This goes for both sides of the debate. Just let things go, agree to disagree and move on.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You're the one coming back to a post from twenty pages ago and you think the other guy should've been told to stop? I get that he was responding to you but you made the choice to bring it up. If you think his argument is "drivel" and that it's not worth having a serious discussion over it, then you should drop it instead of making dumb, condescending remark so that you can complain when you're called out.

I dunno if it's part of your internet persona or something but you should probably tone it down. You're really pointlessly argumentative.
@Burb's last post before the reply to @Geno Boost was page 75.
Geno Boost's reply to Burb was page 76.

For Burb he didn't go back and look for ammo. He signed on and replied. He hasn't posted for 20 pages (yes I checked before I told everyone to stop picking on Burb).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What I would do.Is give the starters and legendaries amiibo figures and everyone else cards.Of course pikachu and lucario get figures though
I say gen mascots could be figures to:
lucario, zoroark, pikachu, eevee, kanto starters, pichu( although johto doesn't really have mascot marketing anymore), maybe plusle and minun, again not much mascto marketing in Hoenn, and potentially Hawluch with the XY Line and a mega possibly.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ooh, so the first Yokai you get the cicada!

That's cool

I named him decibel. Because cicada's make loud noises
Yeah, I really like the Cicada and his evolution line, (at least so far. I don't know if he evolves a second time).

I named him Facade because he said he disguised himself as a normal cicada.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

For Burb he didn't go back and look for ammo. He signed on and replied. He hasn't posted for 20 pages (yes I checked before I told everyone to stop picking on Burb).
The fact that you looked that up before saying anything is at the same time hilarious and admirable.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The fact that you looked that up before saying anything is at the same time hilarious and admirable.
I try to be as fair as possible. Being a judge was a dream of mine for awhile.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice

I realize this, but I'm saying that the discussion was completely dead to the rest of the thread and that letting it go would be excruciatingly easy. More so than usual. It's essentially bumping a discussion he's claiming isn't worth his time.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, I really like the Cicada and his evolution line, (at least so far. I don't know if he evolves a second time).

I named him Facade because he said he disguised himself as a normal cicada.
I usually don't name the Yo-kais themselves because I want to know their official names as much as possible.
There's some great/funny nickname suggestions that the name randomization offers if you decide to name the Yo-kai you befriended, just a quick easter egg.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Moving on from the current topic...

An excuse to stoke my inflated ego? Count me in!
I am #16 in messages, #11 in likes. Which is a lot higher than I thought I'd be.

Now if you can excuse me, I plan on enjoying this shallow, false excuse for pride. It's not every day I feel like more than an empty shell pondering where his trivial mess of a life went...

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Anyone have any leads on black friday sales?
I prefer cyber monday, but I always keep my eyes open for in store sales as well.

If I wanted to start another Geno debate, I'd have actually countered his points. It's not hard to do, I've already obliterated them more times than I care to remember.

Maybe you should've quoted his post and said this instead of mine. Oh, wait, that's right, we've still got this narrative going on that I'm this big mean bully picking on an innocent child. Silly me, I almost forgot. :estatic:
I don't think that what he meant.

I mean, to be fair, starting a debate and starting conversation (or an argument) are different things. Starting a conversation only requires a response. Most of us agree with you when it comes to Geno but we also dont drag it out longer than we have to. I mean we're not obligated to dignify everything with a response, though of course we're free too. The thing is, responding to things we dont like (and cant change) usually just results in more conversation about the topic. In those cases it just seems more effective to ignore it, let it go, and move on.

For me it usually goes like this:
"Oh, look a geno supporter" [goes on with life and doesnt hear about geno for a while]

Of course everyone is free to respond as they please, but sometimes responses are counter productive to their initial purpose. I mean if someone disagreed with you and ask/told you to shut up would you actually do it? Of course not, you're Burbles and you will not be tamed. But that said, would you expect others to act differently because you're the one doing the asking?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I usually don't name the Yo-kais themselves because I want to know their official names as much as possible.
There's some great/funny nickname suggestions that the name randomization offers if you decide to name the Yo-kai you befriended.
There's name randomization?

I personally prefer to name them if I want to name them.

I have a Nagatha named Selfie for example. My Tattlecast is Wub. Espy is Tarot. So on and so on.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Should I keep my current avatar or go back to my old one?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Think anything exciting will happen this week?

Also, King of Hyrule trailer when?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Do you want to know how far Fallout 4 character's creator can go? It's SMASHING all previous expectations
So, I know this is lackluster. I do however want to ask if this is at least better than what previous Fallout games had to offer.

So, I know this is lackluster. I do however want to ask if this is at least better than what previous Fallout games had to offer.
Pretty much every review is good. Pretty much the only negative i've seen is framerate and bugs (which apparently isn't a PC problem and the bugs get patched). My money is on if you like Fallout's gameplay (like I do) it will probably be worth the buy.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Amount of posts actually about Geno: 5
Amount of posts about people talking about the Geno posts: 100 (including this one) :troll:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Also, King of Hyrule trailer when?
You see, Swampy, the people in charge of releasing said trailer were unfortunately tasked with scrubbing the floors, buying delicious MUNF MUNF and making dinner, so the trailer is going to be delayed until said things happen.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The talk of Pokémon & Yok-Kai Watch makes me wanna play Keitai Denjū Telefang again.

Gonna need the latest English patch.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Allow me to talk about the awesomeness that is Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I must admit I'm becoming more hyped for this game. Dangerously so, I dare to say.

Then again, having started to watch mecha anime and playing the original Xenoblade this year did wonders in that regard. And then there's the soundtrack... Putting it simply: Xenoblade gameplay + mecha + soundtrack by Sawano = hype overload.

As for the story, it likely won't disappoint.

Now to foolishly want some XCX content as Smash DLC... A foolhardy pipe dream, but a dream nonetheless.

If only there wasn't such a news drought in regards to Smash... Sometimes I wonder what's going on in the development studio. The next Nintendo Direct can't come soon enough, but I guess it won't be that long until then.

Well, I'm rambling far too much for my own good. I'll see you guys later.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... it looks like we're still in the dark for now.

PushDustIn PushDustIn : Would it maybe be possible for you to convince RandomTBush to tell you the costumes as your a trustworthy source? I'm kind of interested on what you'd have to say on this whole thing lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom