• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Smash news or not, it is Nintendo news and you can't seem to wait even one extra second to get even the littlest bit of info. I'm curious too but I'm not asking dataminers for information within a couple hours of getting a hint there's anything to see. Would it kill us to not have every possible thing leaked? I think you can't handle this drought, or at least your way of handling is by chasing raindrops, so to speak.
I don't really think I have a problem...
I DON'T NEED IT
I DON'T NEED IT
I DEFINATELY DON'T NEED IT
upload_2015-11-9_22-18-44.png

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

How would you introduce someone who has never played a Nintendo game into Super Smash Bros? Like how would you describe this type of game to someone who isn't as familiar with video games as we are, like our parents, older relatives, co-workers, classmates, teachers or even your boss?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

How would you introduce someone who has never played a Nintendo game into Super Smash Bros? Like how would you describe this type of game to someone who isn't as familiar with video games as we are, like our parents, older relatives, co-workers, classmates, teachers or even your boss?
Just mash the :GCA: button and you'll automatically win. :troll:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I don't really think I have a problem...
I DON'T NEED IT
I DON'T NEED IT
I DEFINATELY DON'T NEED IT
Didn't mean to sound mean btw. I just want you to look some more before you leap, in a manner of speaking. The request within an apology wasn't in the best taste you have to admit.

We know you need it. That's just how you are I guess. You'll always be our raindrop chaser. I just don't want you to watching where you're running.

You really bring the metaphors out of me.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

You can play as a fire breathing turtle and dropkick the **** out of a yoga instructor.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

" Its a game where characters fight" is the best way I could say it.

Or " Play it and find out for yourself"

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Didn't mean to sound mean btw. I just want you to look some more before you leap, in a manner of speaking. The request within an apology wasn't in the best taste you have to admit.

We know you need it. That's just how you are I guess. You'll always be our raindrop chaser. I just don't want you to watching where you're running.

You really bring the metaphors out of me.
No, your fine :p. I was just trying to funny on purpose. I realize I'm having a thirst for news wait too much, but being funny is how I roll. :smirk:

EDIT: So Nikki might datamine it. Although, I doubt she will.
upload_2015-11-9_22-32-44.png

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

You wanna see Pac-Man beat up a swordsman?

Well here you are.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

1) Turn on the Game
2) Leave it on the Title Screen
3) Let the Tutorial do a damn good job
Some call me a cheater
But I like to think that I'm a guy with a bright mind :050:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn Whenever I have a tab open on Source Gaming, it lags my browser, while I normally can have over a hundred tabs open on other websites without issue.
Yeah we heard that was an issue with some people. We haven't figured out if it's because we are on the cheapest hosting plan (can't afford anything better right now :() or if it's just a limitation of WordPress or plug-ins messing up. We are trying to figure it out and resolve it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still, I think it's best we simply let the costumes take their course. I get people want to see them, but I'd rather respect the both the leaker's choice along with the developers and let it be.
Fair enough, but considering they leaked stuff in the past, I wonder why RTB won't do it this time.

Welcome to a world where a no holds bard battle royal takes place every day. Make all of your insane fighting dreams come true, with fighters such as The Mario Brothers, A giant legendary Japanese God Turtle, a dinosaur, a space goddess, A goddess goddess, Charlie's angels, A greedy Business man, a world champion boxer, a world famous Martial Arts fighter, EVERY SWORDSMAN IN EXISTENCE! Your childhood heroes, Monkeys, A walking silhouette who can pull anything in your house out of nowhere, a psychopath child, A space Hunter, A ninja, a pink puffball, his edgey counterpart, his freinemy greedy king, A angel, an angel's edgy side, the only pokemon that matter,, a dog, his master, their duck, and their GUNS!, A blonde British Swordsman who is really feeling it, a robot, the king of evil, the kids from chronicle, a space man, space animals, a shady physician, and YOURSELF!!! will duke it out in a free for all where anything can happen!
this is SUPER SMASH BROTHERS!!!!!

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

I'd probably just get them to watch the original North American Smash 64 commercial.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So is there anything of note I missed in the last three or so days, or can I just go about my business and not read all the pages I missed?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So is there anything of note I missed in the last three or so days, or can I just go about my business and not read all the pages I missed?
Well Fallout 4 is considered disappointing to a lot of fans and few SMM costumes were found by RandomTalkingBush but out of respect he won't reveal them

Also, are you gonna let DK go with your wife? Or are you guys doing an reenactment of the original arcade game via a play

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I got these 3 yokai in the back that just kind of chill there. Not really used

I dunno if I should utilize them more, but the 3 up front seem to be able to take care of stuff
There are two types of leveling up.

Stats level up and move level ups.

Stats level up by exp and a yo-kai doesn't have to even be in battle to gain exp. Just be in your party.

However, their moves only level up if they use that certain move a certain number of times.

So if they use their Soultimate move enough time, it levels up. If they use their Techique a certain amount of times, it levels up. If they use their normal attack a certain amount of times, it levels up.

Which these all mean they have to be in battle to have their attacks get stronger.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There are two types of leveling up.

Stats level up and move level ups.

Stats level up by exp and a yo-kai doesn't have to even be in battle to gain exp. Just be in your party.

However, their moves only level up if they use that certain move a certain number of times.

So if they use their Soultimate move enough time, it levels up. If they use their Techique a certain amount of times, it levels up. If they use their normal attack a certain amount of times, it levels up.

Which these all mean they have to be in battle to have their attacks get stronger.
Oh yeah, that's a good point

I should switch around more often

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The only thing you missed is me surpassing you in terms of like posts! There was a big discussion revolving around making new Gen 1 megas, reviewers, and Fallout 4/ Mario Tennis. That's about the extent of the discussions around here lately.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Time for Day Two of my challenge.

This time, we think of Mega Pokemon from Generation II.

Once again, the list doesn't include non fully evolved Pokemon or Pokemon that already have one.

Here we go!

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Furret
Noctowl
Ledian
Ariados
Crobat
Lanturn
Xatu
Bellossom
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Jumpluff
Sunflora
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Slowking
Unown
Wobbufett
Girafarig
Foretress
Dunsparce
Granbull
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Ursaring
Magcargo
Corsola
Octilery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Kingdra
Donphan
Stantler
Smeargle
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to think up a mega typhlosion even if someone beats me to it

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Uh... I said its not for Smash news. I'm just curious about the SMM costumes. I can handle this drought. I still have a lot of other games I'm playing through which can keep me busy. So, please don't really make assumptions. I'm not doing this over Smash Bros, just out of general curiosity.
Well for future reference apologies seem more genuine when you don't ask for stuff right after apologizing.

I mean what would you think if someone punched you in the face and a few days layer said "Sorry for punching you. By the way can I have five bucks? I need to eat."

Personally my first instinct would be to tell them to eat a bag of ****s if they're so hungry, though I'd slightly relent and try to have an open conversation.....I doubt I'd give em five bucks though.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Technically...Geno Boost started this round as Burb's original comment wasn't even direct at him. Burb was replying to a comment that was directed at him.

So you guys need to stop picking on him, as he isn't 100% wrong.

Burb could've been less standoffish in his reply, but at this point I think he's just sick if hearing about Geno's "importance", especially when the comment wasn't directed at @Geno Boost .
I'd just like to say it doesn't matter who starts something, if you guys see something ignore it and if you're part of it, take it to a PM.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
To everyone who made comments about me "going after an old post" or whatever.

I'm not actually here every day. I checked my notifications and saw that someone quoted a post of mine. If someone responds to one of my posts, my immediate reaction is to give a response of my own, especially if the response was argumentative.

"Post age" has never been an issue in the past. I regularly see people respond to hours old posts from several pages prior get dug back up. The nature of my response isn't really relevant. You can't take something that's never been an issue and suddenly decide it is one just because you don't like what could've come from it.

I'd just like to say it doesn't matter who starts something, if you guys see something ignore it and if you're part of it, take it to a PM.
At the same time, it's a bit unfair to explicitly ignore the post that started the whole thing and just go after the person who responded just because they're "the aggressive bad guy".

There's really no excuse for deciding to take action now and not then.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord

Once again, the list doesn't include non fully evolved Pokemon or Pokemon that already have one.

Here we go!

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Furret
Noctowl
Ledian
Ariados
Crobat
Lanturn
Xatu
Bellossom
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Jumpluff
Sunflora
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Slowking
Unown
Wobbufett
Girafarig
Foretress
Dunsparce
Granbull
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Ursaring
Magcargo
Corsola
Octilery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Kingdra
Donphan
Stantler
Smeargle
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Gen 1s should still be on the table. I don't think we even got 10 gen 1 suggestions. Too many people were busy talking about other silly stuff instead of the actually fun silly stuff of thinking of Mega Pokemon.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Can we take things to the PM and then ignore it? :happysheep:
(Hiii. Enjoying the game still?)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Here we go!

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Furret
Noctowl
Ledian
Ariados
Crobat
Lanturn
Xatu
Bellossom
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Jumpluff
Sunflora
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Slowking
Unown
Wobbufett
Girafarig
Foretress
Dunsparce
Granbull
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Ursaring
Magcargo
Corsola
Octilery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Kingdra
Donphan
Stantler
Smeargle
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Mega Typhlosion

Attack + 50
Speed + 20
Spec + 25
Defense + 5

Types: Fire/ Rock

Ability: Rockelate - Normal type moves become rock attacks

Body becomes like magma with cracks and lava. Flames intensify on body and jut out irratically in animation.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Gen 1s should still be on the table. I don't think we even got 10 gen 1 suggestions. Too many people were busy talking about other silly stuff instead of the actually fun silly stuff of thinking of Mega Pokemon.
Well, I did say it would be "Day One" so... days were always the deciding factor.

But if people still want to make Gen I megas I can't stop them.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mega Typhlosion

Attack + 50
Speed + 20
Spec + 25
Defense + 5

Types: Fire/ Rock

Ability: Rockelate - Normal type moves become rock attacks

Body becomes like magma with cracks and lava. Flames intensify on body and jut out irratically in animation.
Can Typhlosion even use rock type moves effectively?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He could if he was type rock

I kind of was trying hard to think of a multi typing for him.

Dark might work, but ...eh.

Rock would give him weakness but turning normal type moves to rock would be pretty powerful

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A completely accurate Rock Typed Return would be amazing tho

Here we go!

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Furret
Noctowl
Ledian
Ariados
Crobat
Lanturn
Xatu
Bellossom
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Jumpluff
Sunflora
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Slowking
Unown
Wobbufett
Girafarig
Foretress
Dunsparce
Granbull
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Ursaring
Magcargo
Corsola
Octilery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Kingdra
Donphan
Stantler
Smeargle
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
This looks cool, can I play? :p

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
It has come to my attention that the no face glitch in Fallout 4 WAS real and not some shop...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Oops KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian

On the kinda bright side is that it's apparently only on the PC version so... hurray?
So, the version I was going to get because I have neither a PS4 or XBone?

Awesome.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Sonic twitter. Please stop. Your memes are getting too dank.

Honestly I wish I took Vaanrose's bet. . .then I would have gotten a cool new avi for free.
'Sonic Big Head Plush Googling' is one of his recommended searches. Stop.

Also, what was this bet about? I'd totally missed it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just posted in the other thread I wanted a kappa yokai

Apparently my character in game heard me and wants one too because she just asked the ghost dude where she can find a kappa

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I just posted in the other thread I wanted a kappa yokai

Apparently my character in game heard me and wants one too because she just asked the ghost dude where she can find a kappa
The game automatically gives you one. In fact, I'm not sure you able to find him in the wild until he automatically joins you.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Here we go!

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Furret
Noctowl
Ledian
Ariados
Crobat
Lanturn
Xatu
Bellossom
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Jumpluff
Sunflora
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Slowking
Unown
Wobbufett
Girafarig
Foretress
Dunsparce
Granbull
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Ursaring
Magcargo
Corsola
Octilery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Kingdra
Donphan
Stantler
Smeargle
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Time for my own take on Mega Ursaring.

Type: Normal
Ability: Guts

Increases Speed and Defense while lowering Special Defense.

Appearance-wise, it becomes much burlier and takes a much less upright stance. Its...fur pauldrons(?)...get much longer fur and its teeth are more apparent. Essentially a bad-news bear to the logical extreme.

Basically it just makes him a better version of his current self which is...already pretty potent. I use Ursaring in my online battles most of the time and it always gets the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom