• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the version I was going to get because I have neither a PS4 or XBone?

Awesome.
I've seen so few reports of issues that I honestly can't believe it's that big of a deal that it will stop game enjoyment.
Certainly no Unity that's for sure. I'm sure the game will wind up just as mind blowing as everyone expects.
'Sonic Big Head Plush Googling' is one of his recommended searches. Stop.

Also, what was this bet about? I'd totally missed it.
A few members bet against Vaanrose there would be a direct (or maybe a characer announcement I dont remember) until a certain date. There was not.

The punishment was they get their avis changed to things Vaanrose chose (and I believe made). They are awesome
EX champ black, Teh epic anna

Honestly every Gen 2 poke I care for other than Stantler already has a mega (mega slowbrooooooooooo) so I have no real reason to participate lol.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Honestly every Gen 2 poke I care for other than Stantler already has a mega (mega slowbrooooooooooo) so I have no real reason to participate lol.
I'm pretty sure Slowking was the Gen 2 pokemon. Slowbro was in Gen 1.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know what the Yokai Watch cartoon is reminding me of?

The newer Kamen Rider series. The magic one and the fruit one

I think even OOO has similarities actually

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I've seen so few reports of issues that I honestly can't believe it's that big of a deal that it will stop game enjoyment.
Certainly no Unity that's for sure. I'm sure the game will wind up just as mind blowing as everyone expects.
See, that's where I'm struggling... I can't tell if what I'm seeing is a few people being extremely vocal because the game isn't perfect, or a legitimate complaint that the game lacks new and innovative content from its predecessor.

I'm just going to have to wait it out and see how people feel about it in a week or so.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth is making me want to cry tears of blood. Which is fitting, considering that's something you actually do in the game, but it's gotten extremely frustrating.
The thought of trying to beat Mega Satan as The Lost makes me want to start cutting.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mega Kingdra

Type: Water/Dragon

Ability: Drizzle
Atk. 115
Def. 110
Sp. Atk. 125
Sp. Def. 110
Spe. 105

It slightly increases its overall size but its back fin becames two of them similar to Seadra's but retaining the "elegant" appearance that Kingdra's fin has. Its color changes to dark blue and the spines on its head gain two more branches each.

I just looked at the clock and realized Fallout 4 is out now here. **** I want to stay up and play it but I have school in 7 hours. Must. Resist. Urge.
player.setav endurance 10

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know what the Yokai Watch cartoon is reminding me of?

The newer Kamen Rider series. The magic one and the fruit one

I think even OOO has similarities actually
Eh...Only similarity is that I don't like YM and I didn't like OOO. Wizard has the monster of the week based on overall mythology, and Gaim...I don't get your comparison, especially because of how bleak the story gets

Sorry Swamp, not doing the challenge yet, I will after school though.

Gave Yokai Watch a try by watching the show. I want those 25 minutes of my life back, especially considering I watched One Punch Man, something else I didn't enjoy. Fumi-chan stole my life, which is essentially murder

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh...Only similarity is that I don't like YM and I didn't like OOO. Wizard has the monster of the week based on overall mythology, and Gaim...I don't get your comparison, especially because of how bleak the story gets

Sorry Swamp, not doing the challenge yet, I will after school though.

Gave Yokai Watch a try by watching the show. I want those 25 minutes of my life back, especially considering I watched One Punch Man, something else I didn't enjoy. Fumi-chan stole my life, which is essentially murder
I'm talking more the way in which the guy summons the yokai

The little animation and calling out the yokai's type before it appears

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm talking more the way in which the guy summons the yokai

The little animation and calling out the yokai's type before it appears
Oooooh, the belt's what you meant. Kamen Rider's been doing that since 2007 iirc. If anything, it's rather similar to Ghost, which outside of a good premise and good character development so far, doesn't have much going for it. Unless you count the kickass suit designs

Soul.

Time for Day Two of my challenge.

This time, we think of Mega Pokemon from Generation II.

Once again, the list doesn't include non fully evolved Pokemon or Pokemon that already have one.

Here we go!

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Furret
Noctowl
Ledian
Ariados
Crobat
Lanturn
Xatu
Bellossom
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Jumpluff
Sunflora
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Slowking
Unown
Wobbufett
Girafarig
Foretress
Dunsparce
Granbull
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Ursaring
Magcargo
Corsola
Octilery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Kingdra
Donphan
Stantler
Smeargle
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Mega Azumarill

Type: Water/Fairy

Ability: Huge Power

(HP doesn't change so lol. Azu's base HP is 100 for reference)
Attack: 90
Defense: 100
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 120
Speed: 50

Appearance is largely the same but with more fairy stuff added to it to represent its new typing. Special Defense is base 120 instead of Defense to take special hits better. It kinda reminds me of Mega Mawile except with priority in Aqua Jet.

edit: oops, Mawile does have priority... Sucker Punch. lol. Azu has STAB priority I guess.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh, before I forget, I may as well do one for another one of my favorites. Almost forgot he was Johto for a second. :laugh:

Mega Qwilfish
Water-Poison
Ability: Rough Skin

Appearance-wise, Qwilfish gets much larger and rounder, and sports a fu manchu and thicker eyebrows, making him look like a regal sushi chef of sorts. He also gains actual pectoral fins and longer spines.

Qwilfish gains a ton of Defense and Special Defense, and a bit of Attack, but lowers its Speed. This guy's meant to be a hazardous tank. Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Rough Skin, Destiny Bond, Thunder Wave, and Poison Jab and Waterfall for offensive move options? This guy can do it all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oooooh, the belt's what you meant. Kamen Rider's been doing that since 2007 iirc. If anything, it's rather similar to Ghost, which outside of a good premise and good character development so far, doesn't have much going for it. Unless you count the kickass suit designs
Oh wow, I hadn't seen any since Gaim

I didn't know they had a new one

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently some little kids went for a joy ride with their parents car

Got into a minor accident with someone, hit and run

Later running into a pole and killing one of them

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Mega Sunflora

Ability: Drought

Type: Grass/Fire

Sunflora's head becomes a flaming orb of fire and its leaves become 'sharper' and dark brown like they're burnt.

75/75/85/145/85/30

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Mega Dunsparce. Literally just a bigger Dunsparce. Ability: Truant. :troll:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mega Unown
Ability: Protean
Atk: 32
Def: 48
SpA: 162
SpD: 48
Spe: 98

The Unown becomes golden while still retaining its basic shape but the eye pupil takes a diamond-like shape

...I tried

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mega Unown
Ability: Protean
Atk: 32
Def: 48
SpA: 162
SpD: 48
Spe: 98

The Unown becomes golden while still retaining its basic shape but the eye pupil takes a diamond-like shape

...I tried
Million times better than Unknown already.

Protean with Hidden Power still sounds gimmicky.

But a fun gimmick.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I can still see it biting players in the ***. 2 pokemon left, one on each side of the field. Mega Unown used hidden power! HAAAA! *It doesn't affect Talonflame...*
Well in many scenarios Talonflame would wreck it with Priority Brave Bird anyway :p

But a Hidden Power Ground from M-Unown could hit a P-Groudon really hard

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh wow

One of my yokai evolved and is now my most powerful one

"Undy"

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
So, um, Rodea The Sky Soldier is going to be released. I'm still unsure if I wanna put down $60 for the Wii U version even if it comes with the limited Wii version. Basically, I'm not entirely sold on it as the gameplay doesn't interest me all that much, but I'd like to have that Wii version of the game. Plus, I might actually like it.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, um, Rodea The Sky Soldier is going to be released. I'm still unsure if I wanna put down $60 for the Wii U version even if it comes with the limited Wii version. Basically, I'm not entirely sold on it as the gameplay doesn't interest me all that much, but I'd like to have that Wii version of the game. Plus, I might actually like it.
What is it about?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Messaged someone asking if they were alright. Y'know. Because series of car accidents happened right near here

Thought they didn't reply back.

Hour later, found out they did.

"That's good" I replied

...Wow, that really shows I care. Not getting back for an hour.

My phone really should alert me to these kinds of things.

Chrono.

From what I keep hearing the Wii version of the game is the definitive one, since the Wii U version is very slow and sluggish.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All of my yokai are now evolved or fused except WalKappa

I decided to go with Baddinyan

D

Deleted member

Time for Day Two of my challenge.

This time, we think of Mega Pokemon from Generation II.

Once again, the list doesn't include non fully evolved Pokemon or Pokemon that already have one.

Here we go!

Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Furret
Noctowl
Ledian
Ariados
Crobat
Lanturn
Xatu
Bellossom
Azumarill
Sudowoodo
Politoed
Jumpluff
Sunflora
Quagsire
Espeon
Umbreon
Slowking
Unown
Wobbufett
Girafarig
Foretress
Dunsparce
Granbull
Qwilfish
Shuckle
Ursaring
Magcargo
Corsola
Octilery
Delibird
Mantine
Skarmory
Kingdra
Donphan
Stantler
Smeargle
Hitmontop
Miltank
Blissey
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Lugia
Ho-oh
Celebi
Mega Meganium-Meganium's petals become clean metal plates that reflect its opponent's images as if it was a mirror
Grass/Steel
Trace
Sp. Atk +30
Def +30
Sp. Def +40
New Moves: Flash Cannon

Mega Typhlosion-Typhlosion starts producing toxins inside its body and burning them to release a poisonous smoke
Fire/Poison
Poison Cloud-all non-Poison Pokemon take damage for 5 turns and boosts the success rate of Poison by 30%
Sp Atk +40
Def +20
Sp. Def +20
Spd +20
New moves: Sludge Bomb, Gunk Shot

Mega Feraligatr-When Feraligatr Mega evolves, its jaw receives so much power it is said to be able to tear a german tank in half
Water/Dark
Strong Jaw
Atk +50
Def +30
Sp. Def +30
Spd -10
New Moves: Fire Fang and Thunder Fang

Technically not a Mega but
Rainbow Ho-oh-using the power of its bell, Ho-oh is purified and starts glowing in the rainbow's colors
Fire/Flying
Golden Purification-when Ho-oh transforms, it removes the weather, all stat changes and status taking place
Atk +40
Sp. Def +20
Def +20
Spd +20

Shadow Lugia-an unknown power corrupts Lugia and makes it go berserk, making it absorb all light around it and take a shadowy form
Psychic/Flying
Shadow Aura-when Lugia transforms, lowers all opponent's stats by one stage and corrupts STAB moves and turns them into Shadow moves
Shadow Moves will ignore weaknesses and resistances but still grant STAB to Lugia
Sp. Atk +40
Def +30
Sp. Def +30

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm pretty sure pilots are never indicative of the entire show. There is a 3-5 episode rule for a reason.

And why didn't you at least like Jibanyan's backstory?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Is anyone else's Smashboards really broken right now?

Also, I have a few more Mega ideas which I'll post in a sec... once SB starts working on my laptop again.

D

Deleted member

This is the inside of an Animal Crossing amiibo card (the circled area is the chip)

I don't think there would be any problems for Pokémon TGC.
Think about it for a second. There is a reason they made the cards thick, it's to protect the NFC chip inside. If the cards are completely flat, the NFC can be damaged very easily.

And despite what is seen by that picture, I'd imagine if the card was flat it'd have a bulge where the NFC chip is.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
From what I keep hearing the Wii version of the game is the definitive one, since the Wii U version is very slow and sluggish.
You'd think it would be the other way around but nope lol :p

Though I'm sure its better because it was already finished before the Wii U and 3DS versions had started development correct?

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
epicmartin7 epicmartin7 What's this costume business if I can ask?
Just about a couple Super Mario Maker costumes RandomTBush found and says he's not revealing due to the leaks last time (which I understand.) So I tried to ask Nikki if she'll datamine it at all. Like I said before, I'm getting effected by this drought lol. I need at least some sort of news and will admit I am not patient XD.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Just about a couple Super Mario Maker costumes RandomTBush found and says he's not revealing due to the leaks last time (which I understand.) So I tried to ask Nikki if she'll datamine it at all. Like I said before, I'm getting effected by this drought lol. I need at least some sort of news and will admit I am not patient XD.
Good on T.Bush then, keeping the hype alive.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Black Ops 3 is fun.
I've heard so many mixed reviews about this game.

Mostly how its mediocre and stuff. I will admit, it looks fun only because I never played advanced warfare with the whole exo skeleton thing.

Plus I love me some Treyarch zombies....

...Though I've head how its alot more harder than the previous 3, so that sounds cool.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Good on T.Bush then, keeping the hype alive.
Yeah... I shouldn't have asked anyone to datamine it. I'm really starting to feel bad for Nintendo with all these leaks, but then the drought and curiosity kind of pulled me in which isn't really an excuse for me :p. I really do miss the hype :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom