• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey guys, it's me, the reliable guy who hosts the Twitter page for Shrek in Smash. You know me because one time 8 month's ago I got retweeted a lot. So I'm reliable

A source I can't name has told me that they found a Shovel Knight costume in Mario Maker.

Picture is shown, literally Shovel Knight's sprite from the game

It's in beta don't worry about it, that's just a placeholder.

As you know, if someone appears in Mario Maker, they'll be appearing in Smash. Shovel Knight will be appearing in Smash Bros, guys! I can back up this claim with help from...

-Mod of wariomains
-My personal friend who doesn't play Smash
-A Smashboards mod you didn't know existed

Happy Holidays, all!
It's super hars to believe you if Ninka_Vanroose isn't backing up your claim

Bananija

Count of Trickery
What is that show with robot monkeys and an overly long name about? Is it bad? It's bad isn't it?

Khoru

Smash Champion
MGSV still has scored numerous 10/10's and the content so far has been praised to heck and back. It's basically a console-seller, and plus would the finale of MGS as a whole lose out on GOTY because of cut content?
also i forgot to reply to this
yeah that's why i said think
i mean it is most certainly a prime candidate and i wouldn't see splatoon or something winning over it
it's just gotten a lot of flak so i'm not entirely sure

for the gaming media overall though it's really either it, the witcher, or fallout

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Because Super Mario Maker was developed in Japan.
*insert "Muh Little Mac in Smash" here*
Roll Credits.
- - - - -
Boy, I love it when there's nothing to post about
Except for Doot doot doot
But that's a C-cret for now. :4pacman:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The most amount of flak I've heard about MGS was microtransactions and Quiet. Apart from that I've heard mostly praise.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
The Game Awards usually have one or two awards specifically for Indie Games right? Undertale has because such a cult phenomenon in less than two months, that I could definitely understand it at least being a nominee in an indie game category. Especially since the nominees are apparently being decided by reviewers and then the public will vote on them starting in like a week. (or have the Game Awards ever had "write-ins" for Categories? Because if Undertale doesn't make it in as a regular nominee, you can bet a Write-In nominee will be mostly Undertale. haha)

D

Deleted member

Because Super Mario Maker was developed in Japan.
So, you're telling me because a game is made in Japan, it WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT won't accommodate for an existing amiibo SOLELY because the game has not yet been released there?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Game Awards, huh? I'm banking on either Bloodborne, Splatoon, or Metal Gear Solid V.

D

Deleted member

*insert "Muh Little Mac in Smash" here*
Roll Credits.
At least Little Mac is a first party character whose games have been released in Japan. Shovel Knight, on the other hand, is a western third party character whose game hasn't been released in Japan. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. The Super Mario Maker dev team might not even know who Shovel Knight is.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think I'm finally getting a Wii U this Christmas: the reason being Xenoblade Chronicles X.

I want this game so badly, I'm willing to buy a console just for it.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I'm not sure what you guys were expecting for Yo-kai watches opening.

It's a silly song for an insane show.

I mean, it's about what would happen if all our problems were because of Yo-kai and not because humanity isn't perfect.

The kind of things that happen in the show are very out of this world. It also helps that the Main character in the anime isn't a goody two shoes and actually can be pretty selfish at times.

To each their own I guess.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Unless there's a special surprise announcement, I'll pass on the game awards.
There was at last year's. Towards the end, we saw lengthy gameplay/developer talk of Zelda Wii U for the first time (went way deeper than the very short reveal at E3 2014).

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
There was at last year's. Towards the end, we saw lengthy gameplay/developer talk of Zelda Wii U for the first time (went way deeper than the very short reveal at E3 2014).
And in 2013, we got something even better.
Cranky Kong. :upsidedown:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm calling it now, the sure fire award winners are Splatoon for best new IP, Mortal Kombat X for best fighter because outside of BlazBlue there wasn't anything worth coming out to the west for fighting games unless people wanna count Smash DLC as a new release and Bloodborne vs MGSV for GOTY.

Now as for my choice of GOTY, I really don't know because there isn't a lot of games that came out this year that stood out as the best game

Not until Just Cause 3 comes out later this year

Also I hope we don't get something like last year where a game like Dragon Age Inquisition won GOTY over Bayonetta 2.
That was BS

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
And in 2013, we got something even better.
Cranky Kong. :upsidedown:
That wasn't The Game Awards though, 2014 was the first year for that. What you're referring to is the spiritual successor, the VGAs aka the Spike Video Game Awards. That presentation was SO infamously awkward and terrible and unprofessional and mass-hated that Geoff Keighley separated himself from Spike altogether and organized something actually professional.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go
Did I hear the name of my favorite cartoon?
Game Awards, huh? I'm banking on either Bloodborne, Splatoon, or Metal Gear Solid V.
Im already getting railed for not voting samsh and voting GTA

Seeing how I dont play smash as much, I voted for a game I actually like atm

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
After looking it up, that monkey's show didn't looked that bad, even if the name is too long.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The most amount of flak I've heard about MGS was microtransactions and Quiet. Apart from that I've heard mostly praise.

Super Bunnyhop has great content. Reviews from playing the entire game and reflecting on the series as a fan are usually a lot more critical than reviews from the gaming press.

Last edited:

Chrono.

MGSV's main criticisms was that there was barely a coherent story.

Yeah there's obviously "something", but most of it feels really disconnected and that's not even getting into the insane amount of cut content.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Super Bunnyhop has great content. Reviews from playing the entire game and reflecting on the series as a fan are usually a lot more critical than reviews from the gaming press.
Yeah I was happy to link to one of his videos in the TPP article! He does his research and cares about getting things correct!

My only issue..and it's a minor one is that he really needs to work on his Japanese pronunciation. Actual content and presentation style is top notch though!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
MGSV's main criticisms was that there was barely a coherent story.

Yeah there's obviously "something", but most of it feels really disconnected and that's not even getting into the insane amount of cut content.
You forget that the sheer amount of gameplay could win it a GOTY. Metal Gear Online as well.

The story is a big factor but not large enough I think that it being not as coherent as it could be has a big impact on MGSV getting GOTY.

Chrono.

You forget that the sheer amount of gameplay could win it a GOTY. Metal Gear Online as well.

The story is a big factor but not large enough I think that it being not as coherent as it could be has a big impact on MGSV getting GOTY.
Wasn't arguing against that, I was just pointing out something.

D

Deleted member

Game of the Year? I guess I don't seem to have one. Of course, I still need to play the Nintendo games coming out, though.

If I had a PS4 or XBO, I'd try out that Yu-Gi-Oh! game that seems really good.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Here's a question:
Which Nintendo series do you want to release a line of amiibos for?

I'd probably go for a Zelda line of amiibos, but wouldn't say no to a Retro line up.

The Retro line up can be scanned and will download the NES game onto your Wii U.

Boom. Money.

Edit: Oh and which Third Party?

Sonic 100% for me.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I read the comments in that video.

Phantom Pain being disappointing? Okay fair enough.

Phantom Pain being ****? Okay, lets back off now.

I'm starting to really hate gamers.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I don't know if this is how Amiibo's work in Super Mario Maker, but I have an idea on how to possibly verify a Mario Maker costume if it's Smash related at all. If this is not correct, please let me know ( PushDustIn PushDustIn ).

Anyways, we all know that each costume in SMM is not always linked to an Amiibo. Certain costumes have to be unlocked within the game itself in order to be used. So it would be technically impossible for some SMM costumes to be unlocked via amiibo. This could techincally be the key to verifying other Amiibo costumes though.

There was a device recently that was called Amiiqo which pirates Amiibo NFC data. I've seen some people unlock some unreleased Smash Amiibo using this device. If Super Mario Maker has a limit on which costumes can be unlocked via Amiibo, we can really use process of elimination in two ways to see if the costumes (provided if they're leaked or not) is Smash Related:

1.) If the costume can't be unlocked using the Amiiqo device.
2.) If the costume that's linked to the Amiibo is already out.

This means we can easily count out the other ones to find which ones come the closest to possibly being in Smash. It's a weird theory that might be wrong, but could theoretically work provided these conditions are correct. So... what do you guys think?

Chrono.

Here's a question:

I'd probably go for a Zelda line of amiibos, but wouldn't say no to a Retro line up.

The Retro line up can be scanned and will download the NES game onto your Wii U.

Boom. Money.

Sonic 100% for me.
Same as you. But I wouldn't mind seeing all Star Fox members + an Arwing as amiibo

I would go legit broke at a Sonic amiibo line though

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Here's a question:

Boom. Money.

Sonic 100% for me.
Nintendo : DK, Donkey Kong!
Third Party : Sonic, because I want an Eggman amiibo.

Soul.

Here's a question:

Boom. Money.

Sonic 100% for me.
If Pokémon amiibo existed it'd be insta-buy for many people lol.

(okay maybe making all 721 of them is hard)
As for third-party, Sonic maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom