• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to buy Yokai Watch to try it out

I better not be disappointed

Or I'll complain on the internet!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This.

Nintendo and a few other companies are still keen on delivering quality products day 1 rather than releasing glitchy, untested messes to the market and have players wait for patches that weren't needed in the first place. Ubisoft, Sega and Bethesda have been particularly guilty of this.

I mean, sure, even games such as Smash have patches to improve the game and fix bugs. Hell, it's a common practice for software developers nowadays. That is part of consumer support and the Internet makes these things quite easier.

However, some game companies have been abusing of the players' trust. It's truly a shame.

It gets embarrassing how big companies that have immense budget and resources release titles lacking any sort of QA, while small indie studios, with limited resources, can manage to bring quality titles to the market. It's not even lack of resources: it's plain disregard for quality.
But it's not just that.
They can make great games, many have proven their worth. It's the unhealthy mentality that as long as you shove in a brand name you hardly have to do any effort. Whether it'd be Batman, CoD, Fallout, Assassin's Creed, Tony Hawk, and plenty of others taking the fall; As long as it stuffs the pockets on the AAA industry, who cares?
And this is not a new thing. People have been shoving out sequels with this mentality since the beginning. I can't count the many times a movie has gotten a direct-to-video sequel, or how the industry has revived dead horses in the vain attempt at reaching for nostalgia.

The saddest part is it works, and has worked for a long time now. Even long after the disguise was pulled out and everyone saw it for the turd they did, we'll continue to the next big hoax. If there's a pretty name we remember or a beloved director pulling the strings, we'll blindly give money all the while praising the golden calf to the high heavens. And as long as there's an audience who'll give the money, who cares? If anything, not only have we proven the dirty trick will work, it will continue to work. So, in the minds of the industry: If it's not broke, why fix it?
And you're lucky enough, you'll even find a few defending your load.

It's not just the industry that's at fault; all they're doing is accommodating with the audience. If we want change, we ourselves have to show them that this isn't right. We can't simply go "I'll get you next time!" while waving our fists in the air then falling for the next trap. If we want the industry to change, we have to counteract their moronic practices. Until then, nothing is going to change.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
You know what I love about the Sonic Twitter?

If Twitter exsited in the 90s, I can see the Sonic account acting the same way, with a bit more "Genesis does what Nintendon't."

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Looks like there's still hope.
This has been known for a little while :p
Lab zero seems unsure if they want to do the extension or cut there losses if they do reach it . . . (which they probably wont. If I remember correctly they only have 2 days to reach 900k. )

Of course I did just pledge $30 anyway a few minutes ago.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is it not Gera Gera Po? Just noticed that episode 10's intro isn't Gera Gera Po and that it's the intro. Don't mind TBH, it's catchy.

There's more yokai than 'taters in Idaho

Like Cheesqueek and his popo

Saw the Indivisible thing.

Looks cool but I don't think it's for me.

I haven't played Skullgirls either.
Well there is a demo. If you really want to find out.

It's only now I realize how absurd a "Metroidvania RPG" sounds. . . Good thing it wound up working.

Last edited:

Soul.

I heard console libraries...

Wii U's library is lacking, that much is true. It still has good first-party software though; it sucks to see it struggle but then again, the Wii name only worked on the original Wii.

I sometimes feel bad to see two titles (Smash and Splatoon) be the ones doing work for the console. Mario Kart 8 and Mario Maker have sold well too but Smash and Splatoon do more in sales.

It's why I don't want Nintendo to use the Wii name again for NX. Third-party support is a must too.

With the console and handheld potentially having the same architecture this could alleviate launch problems, though I'm not so sure about that.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I had a weird dream last night. A nintendo direct was announced.
The wait is getting to me again.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well there is a demo. If you really want to find out.

It's only now I realize how absurd a "Metroidvania RPG" sounds. . . Good thing it wound up working.
Biggest thing I'm worried about is I doubt my computer can handle the game (it's pretty old).

It was strong enough to just barely play Rayman Origins at full speed.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So, watching yokai watch episode 1 in the eshop

It starts with a pokeball opening.

Also worst theme ever
Wow. I think you just angered millions of people in japan, as well as a couple thousands internationally.

As for me, I really like it. I like listening between the english and japanese version.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
As far as console libraries go; I'd much rather have a dozen or so awesome games that will stick with me for years and beyond and minimal support from the generic mediocrity of cluster****s that plagues modern gaming.

Wii U has given me far more value for my money, and taken far more of my time than Xbox One has, or will.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow. I think you just angered millions of people in japan, as well as a couple thousands internationally.

As for me, I really like it. I like listening between the english and japanese version.
Well, I feel REALLY sorry

they like a terrible song that has the lyrics like "More yokai than 'taters in Idaho"

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
@zoark25 Sorry I had to get out a little early! I didn't realize I was having dinner really soon lol. Anyways, that was pretty fun! Especially the Roy ditto XD. Hopefully we can have some more online Smash matches in the future!

Chrono.

So RTB found out what are the unreleased costumes in SMM.
Just sayin but it probably won't be long till someone else datamines them.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
@zoark25 Sorry I had to get out a little early! I didn't realize I was having dinner really soon lol. Anyways, that was pretty fun! Especially the Roy ditto XD. Hopefully we can have some more online Smash matches in the future!
Yes good matches, your ryu is really good! and the Roy and bowser matches were hilariously ironic.

Gera Gera Po is super duper catchy.

But the lyrics are hilariously bad. Then the part where it's really slow and stoic or whatever but none of it makes sense so it just winds up being even more silly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So RTB found out what are the unreleased costumes in SMM.
Just sayin but it probably won't be long till someone else datamines them.
At least he won't reveal them
Which is something I wish dataminers had done when they found Royu

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought you all heard the intro by now when I was hyping this up, you guys sure don't pay attention to stuff. lol
Still as catchy as ever.
Passive aggressive avatars.

Well okay then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom