• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Sometimes I wish we would get another video game crash like we did in 1983.

What crap some companies are getting away with is going on too long.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm going to trust the tons of footage of Fallout 4 I've watched on PC over people complaining. And yeah, I bet I'll run into bugs. But I also bet I'll be having an awesome time with an awesome game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
TPP's about to fight Red in Vietnamese Crystal
H Y P E B O Y S

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I know a few people who like and are excited for Fallout 4 and it's one of the games I would get if I got either the Xbone or Ps4.
But right now my Focus and watchful eye is on Xenoblade X. Without spoiling the game I have watched a few videos and the game has me considerably Hyped.
It will be my holiday game and the one I will put a good amount of hours into.
And it's out in less than a Month too.
Bring on XenoBlade, Still need to play the first one and all.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I know a few people who like and are excited for Fallout 4 and it's one of the games I would get if I got either the Xbone or Ps4.
But right now my Focus and watchful eye is on Xenoblade X. Without spoiling the game I have watched a few videos and the game has me considerably Hyped.
upload_2015-11-9_15-54-7.png

THAT ISN'T SAFE
THAT IS NOT SAFE AT ALL

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
A game being **** at launch? What a surprise.
...No, really. The hell is it with AAA companies and not knowing how to make the things they're known for? First the PC ports of Arkham Knight and BOIII, and now this.
Nintendo is one of the only companies I trust regarding launch days. The majority of AAA games are just **** day 1, and that's unacceptable to me.

"Patches can fix it weeks later" is NOT a good excuse.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's absolutely staggaring that THIS game is actually cheaper than Mario Tennis is on amazon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I talked about this in the Poke Center Social, but I think Mega Slaking would be so OP. I mean, look at Slaking's normal stats.

Truant holds him back, but I'd imagine like even if Mega Slaking had Truant, just the sheer wrecking power he'd have would be ridiculous and worth the risk.
Mega Slaking. No increase in stats. Just a different ability

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Unlike Xenoblade there is no fall damage in X, which means jumping masterrace.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
TPP's about to fight Red in Vietnamese Crystal
H Y P E B O Y S
Twitch is playing Vietnamese crystal now? That's one of the funniest games I've ever seen. The translations made no sense xD.

Xenoblade X and Fallout 4 coming out within ~30 days of each other.

Someone get me a backpack I have a LOT of exploring to do. . .

"Oni was never seen again. Some say he is still out exploring."

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dunno how accurate it is, but I do know that X is ****ing ginormous. Stated to be 5 times bigger than the original.
Xenoblade was already huge (just the Bionis' Leg was impressive), but Xenoblade X is absolutely gigantic.

The mechas do ease the exploration, given they can transform into a ground vehicle or fly through the skies.

Going to be amazing to be STUCK ON A DIFFERENT PLANET.

Nintendo is one of the only companies I trust regarding launch days. The majority of AAA games are just **** day 1, and that's unacceptable to me.

"Patches can fix it weeks later" is NOT a good excuse.
This.

Nintendo and a few other companies are still keen on delivering quality products day 1 rather than releasing glitchy, untested messes to the market and have players wait for patches that weren't needed in the first place. Ubisoft, Sega and Bethesda have been particularly guilty of this.

I mean, sure, even games such as Smash have patches to improve the game and fix bugs. Hell, it's a common practice for software developers nowadays. That is part of consumer support and the Internet makes these things quite easier.

However, some game companies have been abusing of the players' trust. It's truly a shame.

It gets embarrassing how big companies that have immense budget and resources release titles lacking any sort of QA, while small indie studios, with limited resources, can manage to bring quality titles to the market. It's not even lack of resources: it's plain disregard for quality.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not buying NX day 1 though.

I learned my lesson with the wii u

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
TFW there are still only a handful of games that are worth buying on the Wii U

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
My Wii U Library is currently the console that I have the most games for.
Only being slightly beaten by it's predecessor the Wii.
And those games all technically work on Wii U so there's that :)
I am proud to have owned the Wii U since the start as it's done it's job pretty well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, watching yokai watch episode 1 in the eshop

It starts with a pokeball opening.

Also worst theme ever

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I hate the sole fact that the only way I can get a game with smooth framrate (30 & 60) is on fighters, handheld RPGs, racing games and sports games.

Even damn platformers is guilty of this. I don't care about high frames in a game, all I ask is for a game that it runs well and is coded properly. The only companies that do that is Take Two, Namco, Square-Enix, Atlus, X-Seed and the in-house studios of the major companies like Nintendo, Sony, Capcom, Microsoft and Sega but I can't even put faith in them if it's not their big franchises

Not even the small niche world of indie games are safe from this. We don't need a crash because it's too big to fail but for AAA gaming to implode on itself and everyone telling them to stop it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am so happy the solve the important problem of the "No more yogurt"

Such epic

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I don't know if anyone is up for it, but would anyone be interested in a couple online Smash battles? I don't really have anything to do and am kind of curious on what other people's skill levels are :p.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't know if anyone is up for it, but would anyone be interested in a couple online Smash battles? I don't really have anything to do and am kind of curious on what other people's skill levels are :p.
Sure, which version?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sonic twitter. Please stop. Your memes are getting too dank.

Honestly I wish I took Vaanrose's bet. . .then I would have gotten a cool new avi for free.
There are very few things in this world that bring me as much pure joy as the Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter account.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One reason I don't have any Sony or Microsoft consoles (other than most games don't catch my attention) because many of their most profitable third party companies are also the shadiest in terms of quality and taking advantage of long time fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom