• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At least he won't reveal them
Which is something I wish dataminers had done when they found Royu
I do kind of hope he will tell us if it could relate to smash though, I doubt it as the data would need to be put in far in advance though.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Woah, so we haven't talked about The Game Awards 2015 yet it seems.
http://www.thegameawards.com/

Reggie is back on the Advisory Board again this year, and if you watched it last year there were enough new announcements from all companies to make it feel like a bonus, off-season E3 conference. It was also the place where we got, to this day, the most in-depth look of Zelda Wii U, along with more deep looks at Super Mario Maker and Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., which we had already seen this year.

I think this year we can expect Star Fox Zero, and an amazing update of Zelda U's progress, with possibly a reveal of a new game (Pikmin 4?) for the Wii U's swan song year. What do you guys think?

Also, my predictions for nominees for GOTY:
-Bloodborne
-Fallout 4
-Metal Gear Solid V
-The Witcher 3
-either Undertale, Splatoon, or Super Mario Maker

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Reggie is back on the Advisory Board again this year, and if you watched it last year there were enough new announcements from all companies to make it feel like a bonus, off-season E3 conference. It was also the place where we got, to this day, the most in-depth look of Zelda Wii U, along with more deep looks at Super Mario Maker and Code Name: S.T.E.A.M., which we had already seen this year.

I think this year we can expect Star Fox Zero, and an amazing update of Zelda U's progress, with possibly a reveal of a new game (Pikmin 4?) for the Wii U's swan song year. What do you guys think?

-Bloodborne
-Fallout 4
-Metal Gear Solid V
-The Witcher 3
If Undertale is a candidate! I WOULD VOTE ON IT! Can I?

Chrono.

At least he won't reveal them
Which is something I wish dataminers had done when they found Royu
Yeah RTB said he felt bad about it.

...I doubt anyone else feels the same way tho (especially since they all think 'well maybe they shouldn't make it so easy to dump')

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

There's more yokai than 'taters in Idaho

Like Cheesqueek and his popo

upload_2015-11-9_17-50-20.png

That man is about to have a bad time
A reaaaalll bad time
So RTB found out what are the unreleased costumes in SMM.
Just sayin but it probably won't be long till someone else datamines them.
"Scout's Honor"
Yo
One step closer to Scout in Smash
*cries*

D

Deleted member

I have no idea on what Champ Gold Champ Gold 's avatar is supposed to be but I like it

Nintendo.... this isn't going to end well...
#WiggerWednesdah

-Bloodborne
-Fallout 4
-Metal Gear Solid V
-The Witcher 3
I dojbt Undertale will be nominated
No matter how good it is, only "big" titles get nominated

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
That'd be cool if it contained unrevealed characters for Smash 4. I wondering if someone is willing to ask him lol.

Yes good matches, your ryu is really good! and the Roy and bowser matches were hilariously ironic.
Thanks man! Your ROB isn't too bad either. The Gyro had me scared a couple of times lol.

Chrono.

That'd be cool if it contained unrevealed characters for Smash 4. I wondering if someone is willing to ask him lol.
He seems to be dead set on not telling anyone, and I don't blame him.

Our best bet is probably wait for the event courses or just wait for someone else to dump the save file.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I'm confused by Yokai Watch... PLEASE don't think I'm mocking it or any of you fans, but I initially thought it was like Gabba Gabba or Barney (Meaning for small children). But it sounds like most of you guys are teenagers who like this. What... IS it exactly? Just an adventure show? And what is a yokai? Is it like a pokemon?

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I dojbt Undertale will be nominated
No matter how good it is, only "big" titles get nominated

That's not really true though. The 1st annual Game Awards came off as a little less "sold out" than your typical IGN GOTY editorial. You had Dragon Age, Bayonetta 2, Dark Souls II, Hearthstone, and Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor as the five nominees. If I had $1 for every website/magazine that went with Destiny as the winner...

They also did the "uncool" thing and chose Nintendo as "Developer of the Year."

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I'm confused by Yokai Watch... PLEASE don't think I'm mocking it or any of you fans, but I initially thought it was like Gabba Gabba or Barney (Meaning for small children). But it sounds like most of you guys are teenagers who like this. What... IS it exactly? Just an adventure show? And what is a yokai? Is it like a pokemon?
It's a comedy adventure game/show revolving around a boy/girl who happens to find a Yo-kai Watch that allows him/her to see spirits called Yo-kai, which lurk around the city of Springdale and inspirit others to do unusual behaviors.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

-Bloodborne
-Fallout 4
-Metal Gear Solid V
-The Witcher 3
In order of games that could win, in my opinion..

1. MGSV
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Super Mario Maker
  4. Undertale
  5. Splatoon
  6. The Witcher 3
  7. Bloodborne

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Have we talked about this before?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...e-witcher-3-wild-hunt-wins-five-gaming-awards

"Grand Theft Auto was the other big winner, picking up four awards.

It won innovation of the year for the introduction of its first-person mode in GTA 5."

I have no words
Let's fix this
Have we talked about this before?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...e-witcher-3-wild-hunt-wins-five-gaming-awards

"Mario Tennis was the other big winner, picking up four awards.

It won innovation of the year for the introduction of its Mega Battle mode in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash."

I have no words
Is there a difference?
No.
No there isn't.
Same words with the same bull****. :4pacman:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Daisy

...Please?

Also let's get Pink Gold Peach in on it.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Gone Home was on there. And to be honest, that walking sim left me wanting my money back. Undertale can be on the list easily.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i don't think mgs5 would win because of its omitted stuff and divisiveness
super mario maker is decent, but it's not a game that someone would buy a console for, which... generally applies to gotys
and undertale won't because it's indie

i mean sure it'll win indie gotys considering its competition is pretty much wrong number, necrodancer, and no man's sky
but

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Most likely because you pointed out he could be wrong. a bit like i did
I literally just said this to him:
Screenshot (28).png
In regards to him saying that he's leaving smashboards and their childish or whatever it was a few days ago.
If he really has an issue with that, then it's pathetic that he's that arrogant of an individual.

But moving on....

Who's get mystery dungeon next week?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
super mario maker is decent, but it's not a game that someone would buy a console for, which... generally applies to gotys

i mean sure it'll win indie gotys considering its competition is pretty much wrong number, necrodancer, and no man's sky
but
MGSV still has scored numerous 10/10's and the content so far has been praised to heck and back. It's basically a console-seller, and plus would the finale of MGS as a whole lose out on GOTY because of cut content?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
inb4 there's a Shovel Knight costume in Mario Maker. :troll:
This is one costume that I'm 50/50 on it being one of the remaining ones. IF not now, then I could see it added in when the amiibo actually releases.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently this weeks episode of TMNT was an exact copy of an episode of something called Super Hyper team Monkey Force go or something like that

Even had a cameo from the villain of the episode

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
it gets better:

Oh @Tama

Also wtf why did you block me tama?
Did he block you on twitter? He did the same to me after he posted about the private video on Nintendo's playlist being a new direct and I tweeted at him letting him know it was an old direct. No offense to him, but he has to be willing to take criticism/accept that he's wrong sometimes without getting so defensive or he'll slowly lose any credibility.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

but
No Man's Sky isn't out yet.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
inb4 there's a Shovel Knight costume in Mario Maker. :troll:
Hey guys, it's me, the reliable guy who hosts the Twitter page for Shrek in Smash. You know me because one time 8 month's ago I got retweeted a lot. So I'm reliable

A source I can't name has told me that they found a Shovel Knight costume in Mario Maker.

Picture is shown, literally Shovel Knight's sprite from the game

It's in beta don't worry about it, that's just a placeholder.

As you know, if someone appears in Mario Maker, they'll be appearing in Smash. Shovel Knight will be appearing in Smash Bros, guys! I can back up this claim with help from...

-Mod of wariomains
-My personal friend who doesn't play Smash
-A Smashboards mod you didn't know existed

Happy Holidays, all!

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
GTA getting praise for innovating with its first person mode is completely ridiculous. It's fun and often hilarious, but it's worthless from a gameplay perspective. You lose most of your field of view and movement becomes more tedious. On some missions you're actually given a bonus for playing through with the first person controls because even the game itself knows it's a disadvantage.

D

Deleted member

Apparently this weeks episode of TMNT was an exact copy of an episode of something called Super Hyper team Monkey Force go or something like that

Even had a cameo from the villain of the episode
I don't want to live in a world where the TMNT are in the same universe as Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did he block you on twitter? He did the same to me after he posted about the private video on Nintendo's playlist being a new direct and I tweeted at him letting him know it was an old direct. No offense to him, but he has to be willing to take criticism/accept that he's wrong sometimes without getting so defensive or he'll slowly lose any credibility.
Yes, it was pretty much this type of deal for me, I posted it above. He definitely should learn to take criticism.
Hey guys, it's me, the reliable guy who hosts the Twitter page for Shrek in Smash. You know me because one time 8 month's ago I got retweeted a lot. So I'm reliable

A source I can't name has told me that they found a Shovel Knight costume in Mario Maker.

Picture is shown, literally Shovel Knight's sprite from the game

It's in beta don't worry about it, that's just a placeholder.

As you know, if someone appears in Mario Maker, they'll be appearing in Smash. Shovel Knight will be appearing in Smash Bros, guys! I can back up this claim with help from...

-Mod of wariomains
-My personal friend who doesn't play Smash
-A Smashboards mod you didn't know existed

Happy Holidays, all!
I'm going to main majhong tile so hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom