• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, since I started keeping track of how much money I spend, I think it's insane that I have any money at all

13 days left of my "month" and I've already spent (Counting automatic withdrawals from bills) over half the money I make in a month

How did I still have money in the past when I was buying stuff on a whim without a care?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Here's a question:
Which Nintendo series do you want to release a line of amiibos for?

I'd probably go for a Zelda line of amiibos, but wouldn't say no to a Retro line up.

The Retro line up can be scanned and will download the NES game onto your Wii U.

Boom. Money.

Edit: Oh and which Third Party?

Sonic 100% for me.
I'm stuck between Metroid, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade. They're the only ones where I'd get a substantial amount of them. Plus they could do the "mega" amiibo for the likes of Metal Face and Ridley.

For third party I'd pick Sonic as I have more investment in that series than the others.

Here's a question:

I'd probably go for a Zelda line of amiibos, but wouldn't say no to a Retro line up.

The Retro line up can be scanned and will download the NES game onto your Wii U.

Boom. Money.

Sonic 100% for me.
Metroid easily.

I would gladly buy a second samus amiibo if it was designed well. Or a ridley amiibo. And a metroid. . .

3rd party. . . Street fighter

As much as i like ace attorney they would probably be a bit boring

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I think its going to be hard for any game other than MGSV to win GOTY at that show. Bloodborne will surely be a nominee, but it didn't get as much noise as MGSV did. I loved both games, and find it hard to choose, but its basically like when they put GTAV against Mario 3D World. Both are great games, but GTA had infinitely more noise at the time.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's a question:

Boom. Money.

Sonic 100% for me.
Pokemon

Gotta catch 'em all

I, of course, wouldn't GET them all

Just mostly Blastoise and Ampharos and their line

A select others

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
While we're on the subject of amiibo:

Remember that Nintendo recently made that deal for indies producing amiibo with their games.

Yooka-Laylee had had it's initial 113,000$ goal funded in oh I don't know FOURTEEN MINUTES so imagine how fast these would sell out.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Metroid easily.

I would gladly buy a second samus amiibo if it was designed well. Or a ridley amiibo. And a metroid. . .

3rd party. . . Street fighter

As much as i like ace attorney they would probably be a bit boring
What if the Ace Attorney's amiibo had removable word bubble? Game and Watch get multiple poses after all. Would they be less boring?

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Here's a question:

Boom. Money.

Sonic 100% for me.
Nintendo: StarFox
Third Party: Sonic as well, just thinking about it leaves a hole in my wallet.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
WHO WANTS SOME MORE 3DS STABILITY BOYS.
This is probably random and off-topic, but I also managed to find this gif at the end of the GBATemp thread. It's just too priceless XD.
Who is that?
Pokemon

Gotta catch 'em all

I, of course, wouldn't GET them all

Just mostly Blastoise and Ampharos and their line

A select others
700 + different amiibos wouldn't be easy to make, but it would also be nice if they made amiibos for Team Flare and he other villainous teams.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I don't know if this is how Amiibo's work in Super Mario Maker, but I have an idea on how to possibly verify a Mario Maker costume if it's Smash related at all. If this is not correct, please let me know ( PushDustIn PushDustIn ).

Anyways, we all know that each costume in SMM is not always linked to an Amiibo. Certain costumes have to be unlocked within the game itself in order to be used. So it would be technically impossible for some SMM costumes to be unlocked via amiibo. This could techincally be the key to verifying other Amiibo costumes though.

There was a device recently that was called Amiiqo which pirates Amiibo NFC data. I've seen some people unlock some unreleased Smash Amiibo using this device. If Super Mario Maker has a limit on which costumes can be unlocked via Amiibo, we can really use process of elimination in two ways to see if the costumes (provided if they're leaked or not) is Smash Related:

1.) If the costume can't be unlocked using the Amiiqo device.
2.) If the costume that's linked to the Amiibo is already out.

This means we can easily count out the other ones to find which ones come the closest to possibly being in Smash. It's a weird theory that might be wrong, but could theoretically work provided these conditions are correct. So... what do you guys think?
Theoretically it would just prove the existence of the amiibo, and not Smash related yet. I wouldn't have much hope for unreleased Smash costumes in SMM as Roy, Ryu and Lucks (Pucas) haven't been added (or at the very least they were possibly added in this patch).

The characters need data in Smash to unlock their amiibo so you couldn't unlock a Ryu amiibo in Smash without downloading the Ryu update.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who is that?

700 + different amiibos wouldn't be easy to make, but it would also be nice if they made amiibos for Team Flare and he other villainous teams.
I was thinking about how Pokemon amiibos would work

I think they would have to make the entire evolutionary line of a pokemon on a single figure

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So I caught the Yo-kai that Snorunt was based off of, (which in turns evolves into the Yo-kai Froslass was based of. Can't really blame them for using the same idea since it really is an evolutionary line that makes sense), anyway. Gave her the only fitting name I could think of.

The name I gave my Froslass.

#FFFAFA

Edit: At least I think it does evolve. I've seen a Yo-kai that looks like an older version of her. But for all I know it could have been just another palette swap.

Edit 2: No spoilers.

Last edited:
While we're on the subject of amiibo:

Remember that Nintendo recently made that deal for indies producing amiibo with their games.

Yooka-Laylee had had it's initial 113,000$ goal funded in oh I don't know FOURTEEN MINUTES so imagine how fast these would sell out.
I'd sure as hell buy one.
What if the Ace Attorney's amiibo had removable word bubble? Game and Watch get multiple poses after all. Would they be less boring?
I thought of that but im not quite sure it would work. Those bases dont jave a lot of room.

If it DID work i would absolutely buy a miles edgeworth and franziska amiibo and have them scream objection at each other.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
To anyone saying 700+ Pokemon amiibo wouldn't be feasible.

Make them cards. Easy to manufacture and sell. Just look at the AC cards.

And then you have the Trading Card Game's little brother.

Roy, Ryu and Lucks
*screaming internally*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

*screaming internally*
I wouldn't really WANT cards though

Pokemon figures - cool

Pokemon cards - meh

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So I caught the Yo-kai that Snorunt was based off of, (which in turns evolves into the Yo-kai Froslass was based of. Can't really blame them for using the same idea since it really is an evolutionary line that makes sense), anyway. Gave her the only fitting name I could think of.

The name I gave my Froslass.

#FFFAFA
Haha! I have one currently on my team right now.
She hasn't evolved to Blizarria yet though. I'm telling you, Blizarria is basically the equality of Gardevoir for Yo-kai Watch IMO.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Liquid, I'd agree with you, but that would be a collector's hell.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wouldn't really WANT cards though

Pokemon figures - cool

Pokemon cards - meh
Nobody wants 700 amiibo on a shelf, though. And there's people who will try that.

Make figures for the notable mons, reduce the others to cards.

Liquid, I'd agree with you, but that would be a collector's hell.
Still less cumbersome than over 700 amiibo on a shelf.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Haha! I have one currently on my team right now.

She hasn't evolved to Blizarria yet though. I'm telling you, Blizarria is basically the equality of Gardevoir for Yo-kai Watch IMO.
Why did you capture a little girl? That's horrible! :troll:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Here's a question:
Which Nintendo series do you want to release a line of amiibos for? Oh and which Third Party?
My wallet can't handle any more Amiibo.

A Pikmin line would be amazing by being nearly life-sized. Rayman for third party, since they had them in the works at one point...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Would've preferred not to know the name, but ah well. Already saw one of the potential evolutions in the pre-opening cutscene.

Can't wait to get it to evolve to be sure.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Should be fixed now LIQUID12A LIQUID12A ! You know how auto correct is!

:p

I had a dream that a Nintendo Direct was announced when I was sleeping. Needless to say, I was disappointed when I originally woke up and the thread didn't jump 100 pages.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ooh, so the first Yokai you get the cicada!

That's cool

I named him decibel. Because cicada's make loud noises

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Just finished the Life is Strange LP Best Friends Play did

And wow, that was awful. Wow. I legitimately cannot believe anyone liked that game.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon tcg wont happen the cards are too thick. But if you mean just in general, then yeah i can see it.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I read the comments in that video.

Phantom Pain being disappointing? Okay fair enough.

Phantom Pain being ****? Okay, lets back off now.

I'm starting to really hate gamers.
Well I've seen people literally cancel their Xenoblade X pre-orders because the battle theme has rap in it. People are just way too spoiled.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Pokemon tcg wont happen the cards are too thick. But if you mean just in general, then yeah i can see it.
This is the inside of an Animal Crossing amiibo card (the circled area is the chip)

I don't think there would be any problems for Pokémon TGC.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This is the inside of an Animal Crossing amiibo card (the circled area is the chip)

I don't think there would be any problems for Pokémon TGC.
How much data can those cards hold though>

Burb

The Absolute Worst
There is huge difference between Geno and other 3rd party characters, Geno represent Nintendo history rather than square Enix history and smash is about "Nintendo celebraties" and SMRPG is a part of it and it's important in Nintendo history, Being iconic is not everything, plus he can represent the Mario RPGs seires since SMRPG started everything and was the main reason why both Mario paper and Mario and luigi RPGs seires exists, Geno also represent Nintendo and square teaming up and working together for the first time in SMRPG.
Thanks, I totally needed to hear this drivel again. Do you, by any chance, have a rebuttal that I haven't already shut down a billion times?

Come back and preach his importance to me when he actually comes back and is playable in Smash.

How much data can those cards hold though>
I assume whatever the figures can, since they all can store save data.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Thanks, I totally needed to hear this drivel again. Do you, by any chance, have a rebuttal that I haven't already shut down a billion times?

Come back and preach his importance to me when he actually comes back and is playable in Smash..
Let it go....

You want it to stop...

Just let it go....

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
My wallet can't handle any more Amiibo.

A Pikmin line would be amazing by being nearly life-sized. Rayman for third party, since they had them in the works at one point...
Ok, I'm not the only one that remembered there was going to be SOME form of amiibo compatibility for Rayman Legends. I believe it was a Rabbid and an Assassin's Creed one. I do wonder what ever happened to those ideas and if they'll try them out again in the future. Maybe the next Rayman game.

Also, I would like to see a Mother/Earthbound line and for 3rd parties, it's a tough decision between seeing a Sonic and (Only as a pipe dream) a Metal Gear line.

I know it's a joke at times, but I can't shake the feeling that there's going to be some form of an announcement for Mother next year, like a re-release of Mother 3 outside of Japan, I even think a 3DS remake could happen at times (or a HD remake, as insane as that sounds). With Lucas' amiibo coming soon, Earthbound slowly getting releases on the virtual console, to even a joke about it at E3 last year, I feel like one might just come next year (Even coincides with the 10 year anniversary of Mother 3).

Even with Roy, I feel like there could be a patch later on for Fire Emblem Fates that includes him, and maybe even Roy could get his game translated. I think it just rubs me the wrong way that these characters don't even have their game released in other regions. Why they were included in the first place could also go against Sakurai's logic of region exclusive characters not being chosen (Which I'm pretty sure there's a reason. Lucas at the time could've had his game translated and Marth plus Roy were Japanese exclusive, even meant to be region locked characters at some point.). Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nobody wants 700 amiibo on a shelf, though. And there's people who will try that.

Make figures for the notable mons, reduce the others to cards.

Still less cumbersome than over 700 amiibo on a shelf.
Just make figures for those in OU , problem solved!
:troll:
but I agree on the card part, but perhaps do something different with it. Gen mascots gets figures, everyone else a card. But how the cards are handled would be key.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Let it go....

You want it to stop...

Just let it go....
If I wanted to start another Geno debate, I'd have actually countered his points. It's not hard to do, I've already obliterated them more times than I care to remember.

Maybe you should've quoted his post and said this instead of mine. Oh, wait, that's right, we've still got this narrative going on that I'm this big mean bully picking on an innocent child. Silly me, I almost forgot. :estatic:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
If I wanted to start another Geno debate, I'd have actually countered his points. It's not hard to do, I've already obliterated them more times than I care to remember.

Maybe you should've quoted his post and said this instead of mine. Oh, wait, that's right, we've still got this narrative going on that I'm this big mean bully picking on an innocent child. Silly me, I almost forgot. :estatic:
I think I found a new avatar for you. It's Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei 's personal recommendation.
imagedisplay.png
:troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Not that it matters, but I want to start a new topic regarding Smashbaords
Where do you currently rank in terms of the number of messages you posted and the amount of likes received in Smashboards?
I currently rank #14 in messages and #9 in likes.
You can find it in the Members Page here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom