• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
A bit off topic I suppose but I was wondering. How would you guys feel if most of the remaining DLC was 3rd party.And if you had to pick 3 third party newcomers to join who would it be
This place is always off-topic. What is on-topic?

As for your birthday question, like I said before I don't want all DLC newcomers being third party. I want a lot more Nintendo characters as newcomers like Starman, Isaac, Dixie, K. Rool, Impa, Inklings (I've soften up on them as of late), Impa, Tetra, Isa Joe, Krystal (yes, her), Ray. MKII and especially Andy/Sami.

Even then, the most requested third party characters for me is Snake, Simon Belmont and Dr. Eggman

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I forgot those were a thing
Pirates of the Caribbean sucked imo

LotR at least did something right with the open map, I don't remember much besides that lol
The open map was a large part of the problem. The LEGO games were best left with a hub world meant for easy navigation.

Pirates had a lot of great environments and interesting puzzles. The LOTR ones were an absolute chore.

Voice acting was also very unnecessary.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well, I figure since it'll be over soon anyway, I may as well say it.

Rdg? I was the one who pranked you. :p
Please don't prank me anymore. I'm tired of pranks. I just want to know my Smash title is.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Shadow Mewtwo has appeared! Stay tuned to the end of the video to get a peek of this mysterious Pokémon. Pokkén Tournament is coming to Wii U in spring 2016!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I had a pretty hazy dream about Tails being confirmed as a Smash character. I was in some random library and I told some people and they were amazed.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Complete Saga did little to improve on the two first games imo
It added one level to the Episode II sectiom(that only had 5 levels instead of 6) and that was it besides fusing the two games
Since then, Lego games added the best feature to improveon multiplayer: independent cameras
Mario 3D World could have used those
I didn't say TCS was superior in a game mechanic sense, the Lego games that came after blew TCS out of the water in that aspect. I'm just saying I liked TCS more than Lego SW III.
A bit off topic I suppose but I was wondering. How would you guys feel if most of the remaining DLC was 3rd party.And if you had to pick 3 third party newcomers to join who would it be
Then they better damn well be good ones. As soon as Konami recovers it's sanity (I can dream), then I'd like to see Snake back or Simon Belmont.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Shadow Mewtwo has appeared! Stay tuned to the end of the video to get a peek of this mysterious Pokémon. Pokkén Tournament is coming to Wii U in spring 2016!

Its same trailer but with Mewtwo added at the end lol

Might as well just uploaded that on it's own.

Also "Shadow Mewtwo" the jokes just write themselves.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
ONLY 3 DAYS LEFT!
I have 3 questions to ask to those getting the Yo-Kai Watch:
1. Will you play as Nate (boy) or Katie (girl)?
2. What Yo-kai do you desire on befriending?
3. Are you excited for the battles or the exploration?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You guys made me feel bad now, because of this 'death talk', as I realised, if I die suddenly, literally no one online would know that I died, and would probably just assume I simply left. :/

Damn.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Ah, speaking of Mario Maker, just checked my progress for the first time in a few weeks. I have well over 1100 Stars now, and I have made 17 levels I think.

I think that is pretty good. :3

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
My brother's made some levels in SMM, you guys should check them out.
I'll post the codes later.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Its same trailer but with Mewtwo added at the end lol

Might as well just uploaded that on it's own.

Also "Shadow Mewtwo" the jokes just write themselves.
Is this the part where people come up with theories that Pokken is secretly a Pokemon XD sequel whilst wearing tin foil hats?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
How do you even get that many lol. I only have 65 XD.
Well, I choose to believe it is because I am good at making stages. XD At least I hope that's the case. I will have ever so much fun with the Update, so I can improve them, though. Checkpoints are always good.

Also, hang in there, you'll get plenty as well. :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I'm convinced that the Smash alt of Shadow Mewtwo inspired the Pokken version.

D

Deleted member

You guys made me feel bad now, because of this 'death talk', as I realised, if I die suddenly, literally no one online would know that I died, and would probably just assume I simply left. :/

Damn.
Ok, now you made me sad
Probably just coincidence.

Now, let's get to the big issue.
WHERE'S SMOGONFROG :4greninja::4greninja::4greninja:
His pre evolution is an assist
So I guess he's deconfirmed :dazwa:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Ah, speaking of Mario Maker, just checked my progress for the first time in a few weeks. I have well over 1100 Stars now, and I have made 17 levels I think.

I think that is pretty good. :3
Man, I don't think I've even broke 10 yet... but that's probably because my levels are too hard. I'll have to reupload them with checkpoints!

D

Deleted member

So "Dark Mewtwo" is "Shadow Mewtwo" outside Japan.
Wonder if this means it's connected to the Shadow Pokémon/Dark Pokémon of the Orre region games....

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Third shadow Pokémon game plz. I'd buy the **** out of that.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Man, I don't think I've even broke 10 yet... but that's probably because my levels are too hard. I'll have to reupload them with checkpoints!
It seems even 'easy' levels can be much too hard for most, since if someone dies slightly after the beginning, most seems to simply quit. But! Would they get to a Checkpoint, there is a MUCh bigger chance they will continue, since or else they would have gotten there for nothing. ^^ So, yes, I am sure Stars will be given out much more often thanks to Checkpoints.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If they were really cool 3rd Parties then I'd be fine with that. Banjo-Kazooie, Spyro & Rayman would (obviously) be my picks.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Dude I'm so confused, is it based on Likes on the video or this strawpoll? Does creativity factor into it at all?

Relevant: My Mario Maker level is here and is cool and stuff.
I was planning on having it based on the votes on the strawpoll, but if the creaters want to do it differently, I can. I think it'd be unfair for just me to pick a winner, because I tend to like easier ones, so if someone made one really creative, but really hard, I probably wouldn't like it as much lol.

And I would assume people would vote for it based off creativity, so yes that would factor in! :) If you think something isn't fair, just let me know. I can be like Nintendo and just use the poll as a suggestion box ;)

D

Deleted member

As long as they're fun to play as, I wouldn't mind if they were all third parties. If I had to pick three, they would be Simon Belmont, Tails, and Zero. I was also considering listing Phoenix Wright, though Ace Attorney is one of those series that I've been interested in for a while, but never actually played (aside from a demo of the first Investigations).

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Having a new home console Pokémon Game will be great.
I will never forget the memories and fun times I had with Battle Revolution all those years ago.
Seeing my Pokémon team on the big Screen was amazing.
And the fact that you could connect your DS and do multiple things with it was one of the greatest parts about the game.
Not to mention the arenas looked amazing and the music was fantastic.

D

Deleted member

High and low tier trash montages. Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei won't like this as his waifu gets dissed again
Zero Skill Spamus and Samus montage in the same video? I can't be salty and hype at the same time
"When your DI is worse than Other M"
Hello, 911? I would like to report a murder

And was that ****ing Glamazon at the end?

D

Deleted member

Having a new home console Pokémon Game will be great.
I will never forget the memories and fun times I had with Battle Revolution all those years ago.
Seeing my Pokémon team on the big Screen was amazing.
And the fact that you could connect your DS and do multiple things with it was one of the greatest parts about the game.
Not to mention the arenas looked amazing and the music was fantastic.
I don't know why it gets so much hate tbh
My friend had it and despite how little we actually played, it was super fun to see our Pokemon in 3D at that time
Stadium didn't get any hate and it's basically the same
egaddmario egaddmario The hell are you doing in the old thread?
He is catching up
Like he always does
Days later after the thread has moved a bunch of pages, usually
He is probably just very busy

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't know why it gets so much hate tbh
My friend had it and despite how little we actually played, it was super fun to see our Pokemon in 3D at that time
Stadium didn't get any hate and it's basically the same

He is catching up
Like he always does
Days later after the thread has moved a bunch of pages, usually
He is probably just very busy
Stadium had minigames and much less restrictions

Egadd is too slow

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
egaddmario egaddmario The hell are you doing in the old thread?
I always read everything! It just takes me time to catch up, especially with Crashboards yesterday. I'm just starting the new thread now. I'm sure you all know when i'm reading because your notifications get flooded by my likes...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I've decided to go through which franchises I believe have a shot of getting a new DLC character, franchises that already have one such as Pokemon I've disregarded, and third-party franchises have also been disregarded, so without further ado, let's begin.

Mario-Possible
DK-Very Likely
Warioware-Very Unlikely
Yoshi-Very Unlikely
Zelda-Possible
Metriod-Very Unlikely (Sorry LIQUID12A LIQUID12A )
Kirby-Very Likely
Star Fox-Very Likely
F-Zero-Very Unlikely
Game & Watch-Impossible
Kid Icarus-Very Unlikely (Sorry @oni333)
Pikmin-Very Unlikely
Animal Crossing-Almost Impossible
Gyromite-Almost Impossible
Wii Fit-Impossible
Xenoblade-Possible
Duck Hunt-Impossible
SEGA Character-Possible
Namco-Bandai Character-Possible

And that's my list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.