• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh and I forgot about SEGA and Namco. Added.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I came to terms with this ages ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

and a pikmin newcomer isn't impossible. just absurdly unlikely. like. .01% level of unlikely. But not impossible.
Okay, I edited it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So I've decided to go through which franchises I believe have a shot of getting a new DLC character, franchises that already have one such as Pokemon I've disregarded, and third-party franchises have also been disregarded, so without further ado, let's begin.

Metriod-Very Unlikely (Sorry LIQUID12A LIQUID12A )
Quite frankly-

I came to terms with this ages ago ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, that works. Thanks oni.

I very much believe anything is possible, but I'm not putting in any serious predictions(I don't do those, too many wild factors) for Sylux(or any Metroid character) to actually come in as DLC. If it happens, yay, but I won't whine over it if it doesn't go through.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly think Pokemon and FE have the best shot at getting a new character and DK is in the same boat as Metroid
Both have plenty of characters to choose from, are popular and have upcoming games and I don't think a vet is going to stop that
I would say the same for Mario but we've reached the bottom of the barrel of characters with it

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh wait a minute, I forgot that Gyromite has Hector in it, changed it to almost impossible.

Good. I can't stand people who try to convince me Other M is a good game.
Then you must have hated me saying I liked the gameplay (for at least the first section) :p
I honestly think Pokemon and FE have the best shot at getting a new character and DK is in the same boat as Metroid
Both have plenty of characters to choose from, are popular and have upcoming games and I don't think a vet is going to stop that
I would say the same for Mario but we've reached the bottom of the barrel of characters with it
DK is at the same level as a series that has an impossible character and a beyond unlikey character.

Bur FE is super likely to get another character. Wut.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honey Queen tho

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ahem, "Franchises that already have DLC characters such as Pokemon I've disregarded..." Remember this.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I don't know why it gets so much hate tbh
My friend had it and despite how little we actually played, it was super fun to see our Pokemon in 3D at that time
Stadium didn't get any hate and it's basically the same
From what I remember, a lot of people felt it was lackluster since it wasn't a full RPG like the Shadow Pokémon games, and lacked a number of features from the stadium games. So for that reason, it seemed like a step down for both, even if it was neat to see Pokémon in 3D.

Third shadow Pokémon game plz. I'd buy the **** out of that.
I'd love to see another Shadow Pokémon game, I understand why it hasn't happened since Gen 3, but that still doesn't take away the sting of not seeing that particular storyline continued.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Then you must have hated me saying I liked the gameplay (for at least the first section) :p

Aspects of the game were good.

Get over your hate boner. It's embarassing.
It had good graphics
We see Samus doing athletic stuff which is great
They did 'show, don't tell' very, very well with Ridley
Everything else was bad, the game genuinely hurt my thumb when playing because Sakamoto is terrified of Nunchuks

D

Deleted member

Honey Queen tho
3big tho

DK is at the same level as a series that has an impossible character and a beyond unlikey character.

Bur FE is super likely to get another character. Wut.
The gamellay actually looks nice
It just doesn't fit Metroid much since it's more action focused
Ahem, "Franchises that already have DLC characters such as Pokemon I've disregarded..." Remember this.
If you're disregarding it, it probably means you think they have no chance whatsoever
Like when people mention their most wanted characters and just disregard Ridley becausehe's deader than dead
At least, that's how your post sounds

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
3big tho

The gamellay actually looks nice
It just doesn't fit Metroid much since it's more action focused

If you're disregarding it, it probably means you think they have no chance whatsoever
Like when people mention their most wanted characters and just disregard Ridley becausehe's deader than dead
At least, that's how your post sounds
Well it's because they already have a DLC character added to their franchise, fan favorites for that matter, there are other franchises to pay attention to, so them getting a second character wouldn't be right for others, as they've got what they got. "Ya get what ya get and ya don't get upset!" :3
(Also Ridley already has a role in the game and has been confirmed not to have worked so that example doesn't really work)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That only applies to Ridley as Sakurai's explanation was kiiiinda bull 'wouldn't be able to fly freely' MEANWHILE 6 CHARACTERS...
You mean the three small puffballs, two teenage angels, a penguin, and a dragon (the latter two not being that large).
Yep, truly that kills his reasoning.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Other M would be a 5/10 imo if I had analog controls and first person mode wasn't ass.

But the game has zero exploration, zero freedom, the sandbagging of Samus in general and the godawful story.

Other M's gameplay can and will still work if Sakamoto just went for analog controls with the Nunchuck, Classic Controller, Pro Controller and Gamepad. expand on the combat a tiny bit more, much bigger and expansive look on exploration and don't have Samus talk unless it's Jennifer Hale again, her Brawl actress or a much better voice actress.

It's not Star Fox Command or Sicker Star levels of bad where it can destroy the series moreso than anything but the series needs to go the Arkham Asylum route of exploration

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, Charizard, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr were my examples. Also, Charizard's wings were made bigger this game
...Wait I'm very confused here. I already addressed the former five, but Bowser Jr. doesn't really fly. It's more "hover a little off the ground" than anything. Which I'm not sure how that correlates to damning evidence.

And once again, Charizard ain't that big. He's about the side of Bowser wings or otherwise.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
:colorful:
Yeah, like, uh...um....nope, i gaht nothing. I just hop on during work. That's why i'm rarely on during the weekends. When i'm at home, i'd rather be playing the games instead of talking about them :awesome:
Yeah I pretty much do the same thing. Except that when I'm not at work, I'm just too cool for you guys. :demon:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
...Wait I'm very confused here. I already addressed the former five, but Bowser Jr. doesn't really fly. It's more "hover a little off the ground" than anything. Which I'm not sure how that correlates to damning evidence.

And once again, Charizard ain't that big. He's about the side of Bowser wings or otherwise.
He flies in the NSMB games with that thing
Ridley could be done that size without looking awkward, a 14 year old could do it. Anyway, I don't think people want to see a Ridley debate

Khoru

Smash Champion
Binding of Isaac Afterbirth looks interesting enough to be considered a worthy sequel
xpac =/= sequel
it's pretty silly in having content removed from the game because ed just has to have stuff in a single-player game locked behind an arg
not that it's not good but
ffs

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So are Jigglypuff, Pikachu and Charizard.

And Marth.
Jigglypuff, I can agree with. Pikachu is the MASCOT, Charizard is easily in the top 5 most popular pokemon and Marth's only gotten flak in the remakes, in which his personality was changed, not to mention he was op in FE1 and one of the most iconic FE characters
xpac =/= sequel
it's pretty silly in having content removed from the game because ed just has to have stuff in a single-player game locked behind an arg
not that it's not good but
ffs
I was judging purely out of an hour of footage

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
People only assume how bad :4feroy: is in his game because they compare stat growths to other lords in the series but people tend to forget Binding Blade has one of the worst star growths in the series. Almost majority of the cast is awful as hell in that game with growths and it's considered one of the hardest game in the series aside from Tharcia 776.

Even if take away the late promotion situation, Roy has decent stats in that game but the late promotion hurts him so badly late game. Early on and midway through the game, he's decent to serviceable. Sorry he doesn't have insane stats like Sigurd, Hector, Ephriam and RD Ike.

Roy's overall growths are about on the same level as :4marth:, Who is average and his father Eliwood is still worst considering he's useless all the way through the game considering Hector is a tank monster and a beast and Lyn has insane levels for critical hits and speed and Eliwood is supposed to be a jack of all trades type of character and he's bad at that.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did you really just compare Charizard and Pikachu to Roy?
Swamp, r u okey?
They are all iconic and popular characters that get flak because of gameplay.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
User was warned for this post
Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Having been a Pokemon fan for a long time, I can confirm that Charizard and Pikachu are Base Breakers at best. People outside the fandom have a much more positive reaction to them than those inside it, where they get a ton of flack for being overrated. Sure, it's more like the "hatred" some people spew about Frozen in relation to other Disney movies when it's not a bad film, but still. It's there.

And Marth is downight hated by lots of Fire Emblem fans.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Charizard's popularity was the sole reason it got 2 megas, remember the 'HE'S FINALLY A DRAGON' hype?
Except he, you know...Got 2nd place in an official popularity poll for the entire franchise
Having been a Pokemon fan for a long time, I can confirm that Charizard and Pikachu are Base Breakers at best. People outside the fandom have a much more positive reaction to them than those inside it, where they get a ton of flack for being overrated. Sure, it's more like the "hatred" some people spew about Frozen in relation to other Disney movies when it's not a bad film, but still. It's there.

And Marth is downight hated by lots of Fire Emblem fans.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You guys know what deserves to be hated? What HAS to be hated, more than anything in this world?

Uncarted's goddamn idea that 'getting 5 grenades tossed at you literally every time you duck behind cover' is a good thing.

Seriously. That single thing keeps me from seeing the Uncharted Trilogy as being great. I'd rather walk through a infinite cave of Zubat. That's how annoying it is.

It also took me over 6 minutes to write this message, cuz' Smashboards hates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom