• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Chaos Wars for PS2

Look it up, you will not be disappointed :D
Holy **** the voice acting is worse then I imagined, all of the characters sound like they recorded their lines in their basement.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
*Insert Direct confirmed here

And I really don't get the who they are babies so it would be wrong to fight them in smash thing. Yes they are babies, but they fought monsters in PIT, and Mario Kart is just as dangerous if now more dangerous then smash.
I read that as Clone Wars. Thanks for the nostalgia trip

*looks it up*
yeah that's pretty bad.

there is Zero reason for this to be posted. Direct confirmed.
If only.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Holy **** the voice acting is worse then I imagined, all of the characters sound like they recorded their lines in their basement.
The best part is that it was done by a family of whoever translated the game.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... might as well do a strawpoll for this week.

Do you guys think there'll be a Nintendo Direct this week?

I honestly think we'll get a direct this week. Mainly because it's nearly two weeks before the Black Friday rush and Nintendo would want to capitalize on it to ensure it makes a profit on that day. So it does make sense for them to have it this week. Although, they are Nintendo. We really can't predict what they'll do lol.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This isn't a funny/ironic situation. I don't see where you're coming from at all, and your comparison here is absolutely ridiculous.
Can't be that ridiculous if several people indirectly agreed with me via liking the original comparison post.

But all right. I see that I somehow can't possibly make the analogy clear to you when several others got it, so I'll drop it here. Have a nice night.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

We're not getting into the concept that "Pra_Mai" is Plusle and Minun, are we?
No, I am, I just refer to them as Pra_Mai to push people's buttons, lol. XD
The best part is that it was done by a family of whoever translated the game.
Oh my god seriously, no wonder one of the characters sounds like such a littke kid. XD

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So... might as well do a strawpoll for this week.

Do you guys think there'll be a Nintendo Direct this week?

I honestly think we'll get a direct this week. Mainly because it's nearly two weeks before the Black Friday rush and Nintendo would want to capitalize on it to ensure it makes a profit on that day. So it does make sense for them to have it this week. Although, they are Nintendo. We really can't predict what they'll do lol.
i personally think were getting this month.When this month it's unknown but i defintely see one this month.If not a direct something smash related

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I think it'd be a wise move to host a Direct before Black Friday, to get any due announcements out to the fans to get some wishlists full.

And, quite obviously, new Smash DLC. I think it's a given we'll see the next character(s) in the next one.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Can't be that ridiculous if several people indirectly agreed with me via liking the original comparison post.

But all right. I see that I somehow can't possibly make the analogy clear to you when several others got it, so I'll drop it here. Have a nice night.
Your post being liked doesn't mean it's right. Also 2 of those people were involved in this whole debacle. And also only 3 people liked the post, dude.

I don't even need the analogy. It was completely unneeded and unnecessary and added fire to the flame to an already pointless argument. I;'m sorry if I'm being rude, but can you blame me?

You have a nice night too. I'm not having a good one so sorry if I'm being rude.

Last edited:
Did you know the fruit we refer to as "banana" is going to be unviable for large scale cultivation in like 10 years

So, eat it while you can. Because while there are other banana fruits, they are so different people probably would consider them a different fruit
1. got a neat link?
2. WHAT
I love bananas. (shut up you perv) Apples and bananas are pretty much the only fruit I like (with the occasional watermelon)

How can I possibly play DK knowing bananas are dead. BibleThump

Naoshi

I would never get why Mega Man sounds like a little girl.

It's especially jarring that Mega Man X, who is definitely not a little boy robot, has the same exact voice in Mega Man X4!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even I do multiple takes and I've only filmed for school projects

You'd think a professional would know better

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Off topic, but has anyone tried this out?

http://www.plot-generator.org.uk/

It's lovely. I tried making a story related to Sakurai and the fanbase and this is what it churned out.

Argumentative Masahiro Sakurai
A Short Story
by Mr Guise

Masahiro Sakurai had always hated violent Internet with its fast, fat fans. It was a place where he felt sad.

He was an Argumentative, popular, water drinker with fragile head and dirty arm. His friends saw him as a burnt, barbecued boss. Once, he had even saved a different fanbase that was stuck in a drain. That's the sort of man he was.

Masahiro walked over to the window and reflected on his anxious surroundings. The stormy teased like screaming crocodiles.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Smash Fanbase. Smash was a remarkable infant with scrawny head and ruddy arm.

Masahiro gulped. He was not prepared for Smash.

As Masahiro stepped outside and Smash came closer, he could see the boiled smile on his face.

Smash glared with all the wrath of 3209 special diced dragons. He said, in hushed tones, "I hate you and I want Smash DLC."

Masahiro looked back, even more irritable and still fingering the solid Wii U. "Smash, pLS GIVE BALLOT RESULTS," he replied.

They looked at each other with depressed feelings, like two many, mouldy monkeys cursing at a very funny Direct, which had indie music playing in the background and two violent uncles complaining to the beat.

Masahiro regarded Smash's scrawny head and ruddy arm. "I feel the same way!" revealed Masahiro with a delighted grin.

Smash looked salty, his emotions blushing like a screeching, scary Smash.

Then Smash came inside for a nice drink of water.

THE END

Truly a magnum opus.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I would never get why Mega Man sounds like a little girl.

It's especially jarring that Mega Man X, who is definitely not a little boy robot, has the same exact voice in Mega Man X4!
Would you rather have a smoker's voice like he did in Captain N? :upsidedown:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Naoshi Naoshi *That akward moment when you realize Protoman and Zero are voiced by the same person*

Last edited:

Naoshi

Red from Mega Man X7 shares the same VA as Barry from the original Resident Evil

And yes, they sound exactly the same and the voice acting quality is just as bad!

Off topic, but has anyone tried this out?

http://www.plot-generator.org.uk/

It's lovely. I tried making a story related to Sakurai and the fanbase and this is what it churned out.

Argumentative Masahiro Sakurai
A Short Story
by Mr Guise

Masahiro Sakurai had always hated violent Internet with its fast, fat fans. It was a place where he felt sad.

He was an Argumentative, popular, water drinker with fragile head and dirty arm. His friends saw him as a burnt, barbecued boss. Once, he had even saved a different fanbase that was stuck in a drain. That's the sort of man he was.

Masahiro walked over to the window and reflected on his anxious surroundings. The stormy teased like screaming crocodiles.

Then he saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Smash Fanbase. Smash was a remarkable infant with scrawny head and ruddy arm.

Masahiro gulped. He was not prepared for Smash.

As Masahiro stepped outside and Smash came closer, he could see the boiled smile on his face.

Smash glared with all the wrath of 3209 special diced dragons. He said, in hushed tones, "I hate you and I want Smash DLC."

Masahiro looked back, even more irritable and still fingering the solid Wii U. "Smash, pLS GIVE BALLOT RESULTS," he replied.

They looked at each other with depressed feelings, like two many, mouldy monkeys cursing at a very funny Direct, which had indie music playing in the background and two violent uncles complaining to the beat.

Masahiro regarded Smash's scrawny head and ruddy arm. "I feel the same way!" revealed Masahiro with a delighted grin.

Smash looked salty, his emotions blushing like a screeching, scary Smash.

Then Smash came inside for a nice drink of water.

THE END

Truly a magnum opus.
Ignore the hilarious title. I hit random.
Two Sweet Uncles Sleeping to the Beat
A Short Story
by Oni

Agnes Oblige looked at the Laege D's journal in her hands and felt Brave.

She walked over to the window and reflected on her Fancy surroundings. She had always loved Loud Anchiem with its cuddly, curried clock buildings. It was a place that encouraged her tendency to feel Brave.

Then she saw something in the distance, or rather someone. It was the figure of Tiz Arrior. Tiz was a friendly knight with pretty hair and skinny face.

Agnes gulped. She glanced at her own reflection. She was a Brave, gentle, water drinker with auburn hair and charming face. Her friends saw her as an abundant, alert angel. Once, she had even rescued a juicy fairy from a burning building.

But not even a Brave person who had once rescued a juicy fairy from a burning building, was prepared for what Tiz had in store today.

The windy teased like laughing cat, making Agnes Sad.

As Agnes stepped outside and Tiz came closer, she could see the huge smile on his face.

Tiz gazed with the affection of 7436 loving dark dragon. He said, in hushed tones, "I love you and I want love."

Agnes looked back, even more Sad and still fingering the Laege D's journal. "Tiz, you have always been by my side," she replied.

They looked at each other with Amorous feelings, like two freezing, filthy fog thinking at a very cute reunion, which had orchestral music playing in the background and two sweet uncles sleeping to the beat.

Agnes regarded Tiz's pretty hair and skinny face. "I feel the same way!" revealed Agnes with a delighted grin.

Tiz looked Happy, his emotions blushing like a substantial, slobbering sword.

Then Tiz came inside for a nice drink of water.

THE END

Im not even going to read this so maybe it's funny maybe it isn't.
But this line needs to be quoted
Agnes gulped. She glanced at her own reflection. She was a Brave, gentle, water drinker with auburn hair and charming face. Her friends saw her as an abundant, alert angel. Once, she had even rescued a juicy fairy from a burning building.
It's funnier the more you know about bravely default.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While we're on the subject of Mega Man and voice actors, Signas' from X7 is also Alucard's from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom