• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
All of which have aspects in their source material to work with (or base them off of in Captain Falcon's case).
Poochy doesn't have this luxury.

You were better off with the Duck Hunt Dog comparison, but even then, the idea to borrow aspects from not only his source game, but the entire Zapper line was still there.
Very little to base Poochy off of that isn't just shoehorning random crap just to make him fit.

Instead of just thinking in terms of "he exists" and "so-and-so were like this but like that in Smash so why not him?", think in terms of "this is how he can work", "this would be his style", "this is what sets him apart", etc.
Actually put in the effort to sell people on the idea, don't just hide behind other characters and "just because" reasoning.
I have an essay written on why Poochy should be in. I've suggested him for Crusade, as well. I doubt anyone wants to see more Poochy after this argument, however.

Thank you for the criticism, if I may call it that. I'll keep that in mind.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Shy Guy: Mario baddie
Baby Bowser: Bowser Jr
Kamek: Would come before Poochy but could be Mario rep

Also, oh, really, I can want Poochy but he's not likely? Wow! I didn't know that, not like I haven't been told this constant times
Shessh I wasn't trying to be rude, that last statement is a bit uncalled for....
Anyway, Baby bowser is actually bowser but younger. The only real reason to add him would be if they wanted a semi clone of bowser/bowser jr.
Kamek, yeah he is a mario enemy so he could become a mario rep, but I'd have a feeling he would become part of the yoshi serious as kamek himself is prominent in that series, while his generic( and pretty much the same thing just a species) magickoopas are regular enemies in mario games.

D

Deleted member

You should know that I'd like to apologise; I was and am rather stressed about this whole thing. I understand you weren't intending to interrogate me.

I'm sorry, but are you trying to say that he's a main character but not major enough? You just told me he's a main character but suddenly he's not?

He could utilize the various mechanics of Yoshi, including eggs, fruit, and his own techniques. I have a moveset for him.
It doesn't matter if you have the creativity to create something out of almost nothing, what matters is would that be a good idea? What also matters even more so is how relevant this character really is, even to his own game.

Is Poochie a part of the story in a major way? he isn't.
Does Poochie have any major roles from a gameplay standpoint? He doesn't. They are very minor roles for certain things.

He's a main character in Yoshi, but he's honestly Rob 64 tier from Star Fox 64. He's a side thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Shessh I wasn't trying to be rude, that last statement is a bit uncalled for....
Anyway, Baby bowser is actually bowser but younger. The only real reason to add him would be if they wanted a semi clone of bowser/bowser jr.
Kamek, yeah he is a mario enemy so he could become a mario rep, but I'd have a feeling he would become part of the yoshi serious as kamek himself is prominent in that series, while his generic( and pretty much the same thing just a species) magickoopas are regular enemies in mario games.
This whole argument was uncalled for. Can you blame me for being cynical right now? But yes, I suppose it was rather harsh. Sorry, I guess.

Baby Bowser could be a Jr. alt.
Yes, Kamek would more likely be a Yoshi rep, but him being a Mario rep is still possible.

Also, NintenZ NintenZ thank you for helping me during this whole thing.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This whole argument was uncalled for. Can you blame me for being cynical right now? But yes, I suppose it was rather harsh. Sorry, I guess.

Yes, Kamek would more likely be a Yoshi rep, but him being a Mario rep is still possible.

No problem man. :)

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Valid argument but I feel Baby Bowser would just be better as a Bowser Jr alt, which Jr could have (Mac has 16)
I don't really see the point to make an alt that the only difference is the lack of bandanna, but I don't see (and want him) to be his own character.
Partners in Time.
I guess I didn't remember well. However, he only used it for escape. All I wanted to say is that it's not a part of his character, unlike Jr.

Anyway, lets move on to something else.

D

Deleted member

I have an essay written on why Poochy should be in. I've suggested him for Crusade, as well. I doubt anyone wants to see more Poochy after this argument, however.

Thank you for the criticism, if I may call it that. I'll keep that in mind.
One last bit of "criticism". Do not argue why he "should be in". Instead, argue about him being a good idea and why he is a good idea.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I don't really see the point to make an alt that the only difference is the lack of bandanna, but I don't see (and want him) to be his own character.

I guess I didn't remember well. However, he only used it for escape. All I wanted to say is that it's not a part of his character, unlike Jr.

Anyway, lets move on to something else.
Beady eyes, fangs, different shading/art style.

But sure, let's move on.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Also, oh, really, I can want Poochy but he's not likely? Wow! I didn't know that, not like I haven't been told this constant times
You know, with all due respect, you gladly slagged me with the "not been in a game for years" and "irrelevant" arguments when I brought up Sylux in the original NintenZone social, all while claiming it had "no chance" as DLC, and what just happened in the last pages is eerily similar, from one guy promoting an unpopular opinion.

I have no wish to continue but I'd like to point this out.

D

Deleted member

Besides, if we needed a Bowser semi-clone, why not his undead relative instead?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So like I asked before, what's the worst voice acting you've heard in a video game and why?

Spatman

Smash Ace
Poochy is a major recurring character actually, appearing in almost every Yoshi game, while Kamek and the Stork don't (Also what kind of sick twisted person would want Baby Mario?) Poochy could work, he'd kinda play like Ivysaur I think.
I don't consider BabyMario&BabyLuigi (fighting as a duo) a bad character :D

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Um how does cynical fit what your trying to convey:

"believing that people are motivated by self-interest; distrustful of human sincerity or integrity."

And I said kamek as a mario rep is possible just not as likely. Yes baby bowser could theoretically work as a bowser jr. alt but with the details Sakurai gives to staying faithful to a characters origins this would be unlikely.

And I wasn't trying to attack you, and nor do I think you should have been "attacked", but whenever you discuss character choices in smash there will always been disagreements and arguments. How they are carried out is what matters most.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know, with all due respect, you gladly slagged me with the "not been in a game for years" and "irrelevant" arguments when I brought up Sylux in the original NintenZone social, all while claiming it had "no chance" as DLC, and what just happened in the last pages is eerily similar, from one guy promoting an unpopular opinion.

I have no wish to continue but I'd like to point this out.
Oh, wait, when was that posted? Aug 12. 2015.
Why did you feel the need to go so far back to point this out to me? Oh, and guess who also has changed his opinion on Sylux? Me.

Also, I complimented you in just the same post. Nor did I even say he was a bad idea. And far more people were actually saying Sylux was a good idea then a bad one.

This was a really unnecessary thing to bring up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They shouldn't even be considered until a certain other tag-team come back.
True but in the meantime, I can hope it somehow happens, right?
I do think they would be cool, but other characters would probably get in first.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New SFZero tweet outta nowhere.
It's nothing new, just thought it was amusing
*Insert Direct confirmed here

And I really don't get the who they are babies so it would be wrong to fight them in smash thing. Yes they are babies, but they fought monsters in PIT, and Mario Kart is just as dangerous if now more dangerous then smash.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Cool.

Cancelled or not, I have a hard time calling the Arwing Walker "new", especially since Star Fox 2 is playable.

Chaos Wars for PS2

Look it up, you will not be disappointed :D
I read that as Clone Wars. Thanks for the nostalgia trip

*looks it up*
yeah that's pretty bad.
there is Zero reason for this to be posted. Direct confirmed.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh, wait, when was that posted? Aug 12. 2015.
Why did you feel the need to go so far back to point this out to me? Oh, and guess who also has changed his opinion on Sylux? Me.

Also, I complimented you in just the same post. Nor did I even say he was a bad idea. And far more people were actually saying Sylux was a good idea then a bad one.

This was a really unnecessary thing to bring up.
I am merely pointing out the irony. You might have complimented me in the same post but it doesn't change the fact that what you wanted people to stop doing a page ago, criticizing your opinion over a character you really want but people say has a very low chance, is what you quite gladly did to me that one time even as I defended my opinion(like you did with Poochy). Call it, in a non-rude way, your own attitude being turned against you.

And if you changed your opinion, I never caught wind of it. It's nice to know regardless, but in way of the comparison above I do hope you see where I'm coming from.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did you know the fruit we refer to as "banana" is going to be unviable for large scale cultivation in like 10 years

So, eat it while you can. Because while there are other banana fruits, they are so different people probably would consider them a different fruit

Soul.

If the NX handheld (or 3DS successor, whatever) has enough power to run ICies I can see them coming back. Maybe. As long as both console and handheld have the same architecture which means easier development time.

But they would need a new game first, wouldn't they???

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I am merely pointing out the irony. You might have complimented me in the same post but it doesn't change the fact that what you wanted people to stop doing a page ago, criticizing your opinion over a character you really want but people say has a very low chance, is what you quite gladly did to me that one time. Call it, in a non-rude way, your own attitude being turned against you.

And if you changed your opinion, I never caught wind of it. It's nice to know regardless, but in way of the comparison above I do hope you see where I'm coming from.
Gladly? What the hell are you going on about? I legitimently said I simply couldn't see him in Smash. Also, I think 4 pages of nearly pure negativity is a bit more drastic then 1 or 2 pages, where over half was that the character wasn't a bad idea. You know, including me myself saying it wasn't a bad idea. You act like I said "Sylux needs to go die in a pit, this is the worst idea yet"

This isn't a funny/ironic situation. I don't see where you're coming from at all, and your comparison here is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Moving on from this subject, I'm just curious.

Have a Strawpoll.
Don't own it. Is it worth getting?

If the NX handheld (or 3DS successor, whatever) has enough power to run ICies I can see them coming back. Maybe. As long as both console and handheld have the same architecture which means easier development time.

But they would need a new game first, wouldn't they???
Yeah, I think it's highly likely the 3DS successor can handle IC. IIRC, the N3DS's upgrade in CPU was alone enough to be a huge boost in CPU power. (Going off by emulators performances between 3DS and N3DS)

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Did you know the fruit we refer to as "banana" is going to be unviable for large scale cultivation in like 10 years

So, eat it while you can. Because while there are other banana fruits, they are so different people probably would consider them a different fruit

Better start making a banana hoard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom