• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just wanted to say I predicted Greninja as well

It wasn't that hard IMO

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I predicted Doc and Roy. Still proud of those.

rip pichu though

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Anyone can make a prediction and luckily be correct. In fact, I'd say he's way easier to predict against characters, because it's just that much more likely they won't make it because of how many other characters there are.

I'd say it takes more to be humble about it.
Sorry that after half a year of being insulted, argued with, yelled at, and more I'm not allowed to say "hey I got something right" one time.

If I sounded rude in my original post, I apologise.

Last edited:
My one claim to fame will always be predicting Wii Fit Trainer out of pure ignorance.

I thought we always got a "hardware rep" (G&W and ROB in melee and brawl respectively). This is of course a coincedence but i did not know that.
So i assumed it would be WFT. Because i knew that wii fit was the best selling game of all time. It wasnt.

But at least I was right :p
And no i dont have proof. If i knew what the hell a "smashboards" was i would have known i was thinking illogically

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just wanted to say I predicted Greninja as well

It wasn't that hard IMO
Before the reveal? It honestly really was.

We were talking Sakurai randomly throwing in a starter not associated with a Trainer to be the token XY Pokémon. Back when the idea on who the token XY Pokémon would be wasn't such an easy guess since there wasn't a "Lucario" for Kalos like Zoroark was perceived for Unova. The closest thing was Sylveon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Good Morning, NZ Social.

Greninja, eh? Most people (including me) were blindsided by the fact that most significant Pokémon in period between Brawl and Smash 4 was probably Zoroark, although there wasn't a clear winner. Gen VI was seen as just too new.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Hey, I predicted Ryu and Bayonetta two years before they were announced.

Mainly because I wanted them in the game so much, but I digress.

D

Deleted member

I think those who viewed Cloud as the ideal Final Fantasy rep deserve some mention, even if the actual reasoning for his inclusion was simply him being the most demanded character from that series. Most of us (myself included) were stuck in the "must be related to Nintendo" mindset before his reveal.

Also, shout-out to BluePikmin11 / @Fumi Got SSB4 DLC Right! for getting Corrin and Bayonetta right.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I think those who viewed Cloud as the ideal Final Fantasy rep deserve some mention, even if the actual reasoning for his inclusion was simply him being the most demanded character from that series. Most of us (myself included) were stuck in the "must be related to Nintendo" mindset before his reveal.

Also, shout-out to BluePikmin11 / @Fumi Got SSB4 DLC Right! for getting Corrin and Bayonetta right.
I mean...
Most ideal is still very debatable.
*Grumble Grumble*

BLACK MAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Grumble Grumble*

Chrono.

We talking predictions? The only things I got right were Rosalina (but not Luma), Villager and Charizard being the sole Trainer leftover.

Closest thing I got right after that was Cloud. Not a prediction, but I always thought he would've been the perfect choice for an FF rep.

D

Deleted member

I also pretty much predicted Dr. Mario and Dark Pit once Lucina was revealed and explained. :p
Yet so many people were quick to label Dark Pit as "disconfirmed" solely just because he made a cameo in Palutena's trailer. :rolleyes:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Wait, what? Blue got the DLC right? I really wasn't sure.

And I viewed Cloud as the definite rep, not even in that mindset

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Before the reveal? It honestly really was.

We were talking Sakurai randomly throwing in a starter not associated with a Trainer to be the token XY Pokémon. Back when the idea on who the token XY Pokémon would be wasn't such an easy guess since there wasn't a "Lucario" for Kalos like Zoroark was perceived for Unova. The closest thing was Sylveon.
During the reveal I thought it was Mewtwo. You know, the trailer. LOL.

But, honestly when I was involved with the pokemon community, it was obvious he was the one they were hyping up

If ANY gen 6 pokemon got in, which was a pretty good guess...It would be Greninja

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
As someone who Mained three characters from Brawl who all got the Boot this game.
:lucas::wolf::popo:
I got past the fact that Ice Climbers won't get in this game but have an extremely strong chance to return simply because Sakurai wanted them back and there is evidence of this to prove it. When Smash 5/NX happens they will more than likely return.
I got over the fact that Wolf was looking less and less likely as DLC went on. When the last Direct rolled round I had a little hope but the moment Sakurai said Final Newcomer I knew for a fact that was Wolf's chance gone. Maybe he can return along side Icies in Smash 5/NX Either way I know the very first character I voted for was Wolf.
And then we have Lucas. Huzzah the one who I played the most in Brawl made a return to the game and it was great.
Now all I hope is that he is now a main stay for the next game. And another plus is I can get a physical trophy of him soon too :)
:4lucas:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I also pretty much predicted Dr. Mario and Dark Pit once Lucina was revealed and explained. :p
Yet so many people were quick to label Dark Pit as "disconfirmed" solely just because he made a cameo in Palutena's trailer. :rolleyes:
I'll admit I thought he was disconfirmed before his reveal...but because of that big misunderstanding about there being a supposed boss on Palutena's Temple. :laugh:

I did get suspicious, though, when Pit lacked the black costume at certain pre-release tourneys.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I predicted everyone in gematsu except wii fit and to a lesser extent villager. I thought we would get Nook instead. I also predicted rosalina, this was all before they happened. Didn't think of the clones, so didn't have them. Predicted mewtwo even if he was DLC. Didn't expect solo charziard. I thought all 3 could come back. Oh and I was half expecting grreninja, I thought a 6 gen rep was possible but hoped for Zoroark. I also didn't call the Chrous kids, but they didn't get in. Retros I could never decide on. Didn't expect another mario newcomer. And that's about it.

Unless you count me jokingly calling Cloud in the Direct during the Final Fantasy fighters segment, moments before it happened. In which case, then yay plus 1 for me!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The second I saw Mario's custom moves, I figured Dr. Mario would either be a separate character, or not there at all.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post
I learned that even if you know how to play Street Fighter, Ryu is still hard to play as due to how he moves in both the air, and ground, and sometimes the inputs do go the way you expected to go like in SF4.
(I also learned that Weird Looking miis in FG will always **** you up badly until you know how to be good at real live tourneys)

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Kinda late on seeing the Pokkén news but it's disappointing that it requires the GamePad. Could have just made players fight on the TV with the controller being optional, not a necessity.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I predicted :4megaman::rosalina::4littlemac::4palutena::4pacman::4robinm::4lucina::4mii::4shulk::4darkpit::4bowserjr::4alph:

I semi-predicted :4duckhunt:. I predicted he would be an Assist Trophy and that we would get a Duck Hunt stage. If he wasn't an Assist Trophy, he would be incorporated into the stage somehow.

As for DLC, I predicted :4mewtwo::4lucas:.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I predicted: :4megaman::4villager::4mii::4pacman::4littlemac:

To an extent I predicted :4duckhunt:. I knew there would be a character like ROB. He was always my top pick for that slot but I never put all my stock in that idea.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Wait, what? Blue got the DLC right? I really wasn't sure.

And I viewed Cloud as the definite rep, not even in that mindset
His prediction list also included every single remaining cut veteran (literally all of them), Professor Layton, Frogger, and quite a few more I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

When you predict a ridiculous amount of characters at the same time, you're bound to get some right. When you put it all into perspective (namely, the amount of characters on his prediction list vs the amount he got right, and the amount most people put on theirs vs the amount they got right), it's really not impressive at all.

EDIT: Looking through his posts, the following were all predicted by him at one point or another....

- Bayonetta
- Corrin
- Young Link
- Pichu
- Wolf
- Snake
- Ivysaur
- Squirtle
- Ice Climbers
- Layton
- Frogger
- Shantae
- Shovel Knight
- Rayman
- Dixie Kong
- Chorus Kids
- K. Rool
- Inklings
- Cross (Xenoblade X)

Sources: 1, 2

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I predicted Little Mac, MegaMan(ages ago), Sonic coming back, Charizard possibly being solo, Bowser Jr., Mewtwo Roy and Lucas returning, Miis(but not Mii Fighters). Oh, and most of the veterans returning. I did get Wolf, Young Link, Snake, and Ice Climbers wrong.

Last edited:

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
I predicted :4littlemac::4mii::4pacman::4palutena::4shulk:
and for some veterans a lot of people didn't think would return :4rob::4lucario::4myfriends::4metaknight::4sonic::4charizard:
EDIT: I also knew that we would only get one ballot character and people would get salty about it thanks to the data mining. Not to mention the Brawl poll in Japan during the Brawl days.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I predicted Dark Pit in the sense that I wanted him to appear in the game with an original moveset focusing on ranged attacks, and I thought it was a possibility.

I didn't get that but I still predicted that Dark Pit would be playable.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I didn't predict him but I did defend Cloud's chances.

So in a sense I was kinda right.

However I was wrong on one simple occasion:
I said Lucina had no chance to be in the game and if anyone was playable from FEA was Robin and Chrom.

However I did say that if :4lucina: was in the game, she would infact be a :4marth: clone because that is her whole characteristic and gimmick that made her popular was that she was Rule 63 Marth with none of the the
Guilt

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't count veterans in my predictions since I didn't really think about cutting characters.

I'll just say that a friend of mine and myself had a conversation about why Sonic should return, the DAY BEFORE he was revealed.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I predicted :4mewtwo:,:4palutena:,:4pacman:,:4miibrawl:,:4miigun:, and:4miisword:.

:4mewtwo: - I knew Mewtwo would return in Smash 4 thanks to the fact him and Charizard were the only two Pokemon to receive Mega Evolutions, and Mewtwo just had another movie at the time. I honestly thought Mewtwo was going to be revealed during that April 8, 2014 Direct, but boy was I wrong. And it was thanks to the surprise that it was the first time I got hyped for a newcomer. That aside, I still had a feeling that something special with Mewtwo considering all that he had going for him (there was even that statement back in 2013 when Sakurai spoke during an X/Y E3 conference saying that he was thinking about bringing back Mewtwo), and before long, we returned!

:4palutena: - I predicted Palutena would join in due to Kid Icarus Uprising making Kid Icarus relevant again, not to mention that Sakurai revived the franchise and was developing Smash 4. It seemed pretty obvious she was next in line for the next Kid Icarus rep since she is essentially the runner-up most important character to the Kid Icarus franchise.

:4pacman: - Yep, the moment it was revealed that Namco co-developed the game, it seemed pretty obvious that Pac-Man was going to be in for obvious reasons. I personally wanted Jin Kazama as the Namco rep, but oh well. I'm glad they went with his retro design instead of the newer one.

:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: - I had a feeling the Miis were going to appear eventually; after all, they have become a defining part of Nintendo's history ever since their debut on the Wii. Smash 4 seemed like the game they'll finally make their Smash appearance, and whoop-de-do, I was right. Glad that they got completely original movesets though, as I personally enjoy playing as the Mii Fighters for my spare time (since I can create a Professor Layton or Chrom Mii, as well as various anime characters I had in mind, and treat them as if they were actual fighters).

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The fact that Dark Pit was in the trailer confirmed him for me, not sure where people were getting this "deconfirmed" nonsense from lol.
It mostly stemmed from the fact that he wasn't on the website. Many thought he was just a gag at the end of the trailer.

:231:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think I predicted...

:4pacman:
His prediction list also included every single remaining cut veteran (literally all of them), Professor Layton, Frogger, and quite a few more I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

When you predict a ridiculous amount of characters at the same time, you're bound to get some right. When you put it all into perspective (namely, the amount of characters on his prediction list vs the amount he got right, and the amount most people put on theirs vs the amount they got right), it's really not impressive at all.
Wasn't disputing that, was joking that Blue made it unnecessarily obvious he guessed a few DLC characters

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pac Man was the person I knew would be the "Namco rep" if they got one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom