• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not to be that guy.But i've said since Lucas was revealed that Wolf wasn't coming back.And people said i was crazy. So i'm kinda laughing at the final outcome
And I said we'd get no Sonic DLC outside of costumes and/or stages.

It's not something worth bragging about as it just creates salt and unnecessary drama. Yeah, we can call things. It happens. But a lot of disappointments happened with DLC for some. No need to make it worse, you know?

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Not to be that guy.But i've said since Lucas was revealed that Wolf wasn't coming back.And people said i was crazy. So i'm kinda laughing at the final outcome
People and me (for the most part) just assumed since they were both semi-clones, but if we look carefully we can possibly see why. Lucas was planned to be in Melee and not Wolf. Lucas was planned very early in the brawl stages and Wolf was pretty much a last-mintue larry character. Lucas might have been planned as DLC very early since he didn't get in the base roster. Don't know about Wolf though. He may have been a very early cut, but I can't say for sure.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wolf's normals are radically different to Fox and Falco's.

It's the specials that are similar (but still well differentiated).
Falco is the same as well. His jab, his up-tilt, F-Smash, Up-Smash, all of his aerials and his down special while isn't that different, atleast he throws his reflector

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Falco is the same as well. His jab, his up-tilt, F-Smash, Up-Smash, all of his aerials and his down special while isn't that different, atleast he throws his reflector
If Falco, and maybe Roy and Ganondorf would've been introduced in Brawl, they probably would have a similar treatment to Lucas.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wolf may not be a Fox clone, but he's a clone of the rest of the roster.
No he isn't. Most of his moves come off as unique, and even ones that are similar to other characters still need to be animated from scratch because Wolf has a different rig.

Clones use the exact same rig as the base character. Wolf has his own rig. His Up-Smash may look similar to Sonic's Up-Air for example, but the two characters have completely different rigs so they still have to animate Wolf from scratch. He took the work of a full character, but they had to rush some things. He was planned from the beginning and just almost had to be cut so they compromised and didn't make all of his moves too strikingly out there and of course stuff like his Final Smash being the Landmaster.

It's not like the Smash 4 clones, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario, whom all share the exact same rig as their original counterpart, and so other than the unique animations, their animations are literally copied and pasted over from the base character.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I told people Shovel Knight wouldn't be in. That Shantae wouldn't be in. That so many characters wouldn't be in. And I got insulted for it in many cases.

I feel ya laughter.

D

Deleted member

I told people Shovel Knight wouldn't be in. That Shantae wouldn't be in. That so many characters wouldn't be in. And I got insulted for it in many cases.

I feel ya laughter.
Anyone can make a prediction and luckily be correct. In fact, I'd say he's way easier to predict against characters, because it's just that much more likely they won't make it because of how many other characters there are.

I'd say it takes more to be humble about it.

Chrono.

No he isn't. Most of his moves come off as unique, and even ones that are similar to other characters still need to be animated from scratch because Wolf has a different rig.

Clones use the exact same rig as the base character. Wolf has his own rig. His Up-Smash may look similar to Sonic's Up-Air for example, but the two characters have completely different rigs so they still have to animate Wolf from scratch. He took the work of a full character, but they had to rush some things. He was planned from the beginning and just almost had to be cut so they compromised and didn't make all of his moves too strikingly out there and of course stuff like his Final Smash being the Landmaster.

It's not like the Smash 4 clones, Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario, whom all share the exact same rig as their original counterpart, and so other than the unique animations, their animations are literally copied and pasted over from the base character.
I was making a small jab but I'll bite.

That doesn't change the fact that pretty much most of his animations were still borrowed from other characters, and they were barely touched up so he still looked janky as hell.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was making a small jab but I'll bite.

That doesn't change the fact that pretty much most of his animations were still borrowed from other characters, and they were barely touched up so he still looked janky as hell.
But they were literally animated from scratch so he isn't a clone. Not to mention he functions completely differently, it's not like Marth and Lucina where learning one means you can more or less play the other. Wolf is still his own character in every sense of the word, as much as Lucas, and he had that work put into him more or less.

And I don't see why people are suddenly saying his animations are janky. It's the first I've heard of it.

...I mean they are janky but no more so than every other character in the game. Smash 4 still has plenty of janky animations too.

There are very few characters in Smash games that are ever well animated in comparison to other games.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Stealth apparently has seen the footage. There's not even a single moment of gameplay.

This is NOT a credible rumor in the slightest. Anyone with a camera and Adobe Premiere could make this.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Anyone can make a prediction and luckily be correct. In fact, I'd say he's way easier to predict against characters, because it's just that much more likely they won't make it because of how many other characters there are.

And I said we'd get no Sonic DLC outside of costumes and/or stages.

It's not something worth bragging about as it just creates salt and unnecessary drama. Yeah, we can call things. It happens. But a lot of disappointments happened with DLC for some. No need to make it worse, you know?
true.Can't say i care much at the end of the day is a video game character from a series i enjoy.And i've been wrong my handful times *looking at you shovel knight and 'insert indie character' *.I just find everything smash related especially after the final boardcast laughable.

D

Deleted member

You know a prediction I made that ended up being correct?

That if Pokémon Trainer couldn't work in Smash 4 for whatever reason, that only Charizard would have a chance at flying solo.
Come April 2014....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently if I wasn't lazy I'd be able to made a lot of fake stuff and post it on the internet

I have adobe CC and college training in it

D

Deleted member

That if Pokémon Trainer couldn't work in Smash 4 for whatever reason, that only Charizard would have a chance at flying solo.
Come April 2014....
Well, yeah, but you see, that's a very safe prediction. :p I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case, to be honest....

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Stealth apparently has seen the footage. There's not even a single moment of gameplay.

This is NOT a credible rumor in the slightest. Anyone with a camera and Adobe Premiere could make this.
And also because well, it's Stealth_

I don't think ANYONE wants to go through another mid-October situation where there was so much hidden information and other BS and all this for desperate information.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Only the Smash fanbase can turn an expendable clone into a sacred cow that was somehow a shoo in for DLC.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post
Remember guys.
Censor Dodge

Leaks comes in many, many forms.

And we can't truly believe em until we have something official.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not sure if I can use my Wolf Mii in tournaments though.
Why not?

To be fair, it seems the water marks convince whoevers seen it, it seems. And this is Stealth, we don't know if he's part of a legit rumor after last time...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Come April 2014....
Literally flying to. :p

I saw him as the obvious returnee if only one could come back. He's the most iconic, popular, and very easily workable into his own character. With tether grabs gone, Ivysaur needs at least 3 more moves(Final Smash, Up B, Down B), Squirtle was in a slightly better position, but there's still the factor of GameFreak/TPC/whatever the last one is, and probably didn't find him marketable as easily since Mega Evolution is around. Greninja being Water type probably is irrelevant to Sakurai.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
You take that back right now haha. :p
I've more or less written dissertations dissecting the appalling writing in SAO but I gotta say he'd probably be a decent choice for a fighter in an anime variant of Smash.

It's like how Battlefront has no Prequel content even though Prequel content would be amazing in a video game regardless of the movie quality. Some things just work really well in games.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I think we had enough Stealth__'s rumors for a while.

Also apparently the guy blocked me on Twitter for no reason, I'm almost offended.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I've more or less written dissertations dissecting the appalling writing in SAO but I gotta say he'd probably be a decent choice for a fighter in an anime variant of Smash.

It's like how Battlefront has no Prequel content even though Prequel content would be amazing in a video game regardless of the movie quality. Some things just work really well in games.
Uhm.
I definitely remember fighting on the plains of Naboo in Star Wars: Battlefront and playing as the droid army.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Remember guys.

Leaks comes in many, many forms.

And we can't truly believe em until we have something official.
Gonna say this right get now, Artsy Omni's Mewtwo was awful in every regard

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
:4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman::4megaman:and B. B. Hood
35 Spoder-Mans
And that's my roster!

(I'm so sorry... I can't make a roster...)
I can't speak for Capcom side, but on the Marvel end:

1. Spider-Man
2. Green Goblin
3. Venom
4. Captain America
5. Winter Soldier
6. Falcon
7. Iron Man
8. Thor
9. Loki
10. Captain Marvel
11. Star-Lord
12. Rocket Raccon
13. Black Widow
14. Hawkeye
15. Hulk
16. She-Hulk
17. Scarlet Witch
18. Vision
19. Ant-Man
20. Dr. Strange
21. Daredevil
22. Blade
23. Squirrel Girl
24. Iron Fist
25. Quake
26. Nico Minoru
27. Elsa Bloodstone
28. Nova
29. Deadpool
30. Wolverine
31. Storm
32. Cyclops
33. Magneto
34. Jubilee
35. Namor

Mainly MCU-based, with some personal wants and oddball picks (Nico, Elsa, SG)

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Uhm.
I definitely remember fighting on the plains of Naboo in Star Wars: Battlefront and playing as the droid army.
nah mang I mean the EA sellout hollow version rooted entirely in muh graphix

D

Deleted member

Uhm.
He means the new battlefront.

Edit: Just a shadow as usual.... Ninja'd.

D

Deleted member

Uhm.
I'm certain that he meant the new Battlefront, which completely lacked any prequel content.

EDIT: Double :4greninja:'d

D

Deleted member

Well, yeah, but you see, that's a very safe prediction. :p I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case, to be honest....
You'd be surprised with how many people argued otherwise about Squirtle and Ivysaur returning after I'd mentioned how unlikely they were.

D

Deleted member

I think a bigger shout-out goes to a friend of mine, who pretty much predicted Greninja before any of us even considered the idea.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
I think a bigger shout-out goes to a friend of mine, who pretty much predicted Greninja before any of us even considered the idea.
And then almost everyone freaked out when Greninja supposedly took Mewtwo's slot. Which wasn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom