• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Could you imagine the salt from Daisy fans if she somehow managed to skip Mario Maker once they're done with it?

"WAAAAAAH NINTY Y U NO LIKE DAYSEE"

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
To be fair, Smash speculation is basically over. All that's really left to discuss is details about the final wave of DLC in February, and there's not even much room for that, since we were told pretty much everything there is to know about it.

Super Mario Maker's updates are still ongoing. We don't know everything, and given how long Smash and Splatoon were supported, there's a good chance it's not going to end anytime soon.
Oh believe me, I agree. It's fun to think about too, considering it doesn't have nearly as many limitations as a Smash fighter does for obvious reasons.

It's more the thought of how silly some reactions will end up being as if the costumes HAD the significance of a Smash fighter. I mean look at Birdo's video comments, it's already wildfire for Daisy support.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I uploaded my first Mario Maker course! Be sure to check it out when you have the chance:

Indigo Speed Zone:
4668-0000-0151-AB82

Let me know your thoughts on the level, I appreciate advice on improvement.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let's wait for a sequel first before we hit the bandwagon, shall we?

The game has a sequel hook, let's see if Nintendo bites before we ask for Xenoblade to get a second character.

Granted, after seeing the Winged Viper class for myself I'm not nearly as miffed at the idea as I was before playing the game, but I'd rather not jump the gun and risk even more people crying "anime bias!!!11!"
Yeah, I see your point.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
You mean going with the far more popular and differentiated character? :^)

The thing is, I think Daisy's the last cost-shroom that people are really asking for.
My intention was just to give past examples of things that have caused the Daisy fandom to rage out.

I think selecting Rosalina over Daisy was the right move in both cases.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Comic books are quite difficult for me to pick up. I just know the key figures of both DC and Marvel - Batman, Superman, the Justice League... The Avengers, the X-Men, Spider Man, Deadpool... Sometimes there's no real context if you just pick up a random volume unless you know what's transpired in all the previous comics.

As for who I want to see in MVC4 (What a day that'll be)
Phoenix Wright, Venom, Deadpool, Saki (The girl with the cannon from Tatsunoko VS Capcom), Strider Hiryu, Gambit... I think that's all the veterans I need.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/wiki/faq

Trust me when I say this is really good resource for where to start with comic books.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the biggest disapointment for the 3ds version of mario and sonic? every character except for mario sonic and the miis are locked to certain events...rosalina being exclusive to 1 event....heres hoping its not like that for wiiu

Chrono.

the biggest disapointment for the 3ds version of mario and sonic? every character except for mario sonic and the miis are locked to certain events...rosalina being exclusive to 1 event....heres hoping its not like that for wiiu
It was like that in the 3DS version of the London games too and the console version was fine then.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
On Daisy....

I don't actually oppose her inclusion, but my problem is that:

A: Sans personality, she doesn't have a lot to separate herself from Peach. I'd argue that Peach's moveset digs a little already, so what're Daisy's options if she keeps the floaty-inducing dress?
B: If we go "Sports outfit" route, she's... a tall character with an obnoxious personality that uses a lot of sports movesets and acts as a spinoff character. Literally yellow Waluigi.

My conclusion is "Add Waluigi"

Burruni

Smash Hero
Dammit, Nintendo and SEGA.
Stop giving us these barely-even-Olympics games and give us the PROPER crossover we've been wanting for the past 24 years!

Edit:
On Daisy....

I don't actually oppose her inclusion, but my problem is that:

A: Sans personality, she doesn't have a lot to separate herself from Peach. I'd argue that Peach's moveset digs a little already, so what're Daisy's options if she keeps the floaty-inducing dress?
B: If we go "Sports outfit" route, she's... a tall character with an obnoxious personality that uses a lot of sports movesets and acts as a spinoff character. Literally yellow Waluigi.

My conclusion is "Add Waluigi"
Waluigi? Obnoxious?
He's wonderfully charming.

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I still want to know which guy looked at :4ludwig: and thought "Yes, this is the face of table tennis in the Mario universe."

I mean, wasn't Waluigi literally made for this sort of thing? It might not be actual tennis, but I still fail to see why they would choose Ludwig of all people.

Chrono.

Dammit, Nintendo and SEGA.
Stop giving us these barely-even-Olympics games and give us the PROPER crossover we've been wanting for the past 24 years!
"b-b-but it'd be impossible to make a real crossover"

In all seriousness... Would it be a mess? Yeah, probably. Do I still want it? Very much.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I still want to know which guy looked at :4ludwig: and thought "Yes, this is the face of table tennis in the Mario universe."

I mean, wasn't Waluigi literally made for this sort of thing? It might not be actual tennis, but I still fail to see why they would choose Ludwig of all people.
Luddy seems more like the bicycle type then the table-tennis type.

Burruni

Smash Hero
"b-b-but it'd be impossible to make a real crossover"

In all seriousness... Would it be a mess? Yeah, probably. Do I still want it? Very much.
Hey, it'd avoid the 3 biggest things that cause Sonic flops.

A) Being rushed for an anniversary (Sonic 06 & Secret Rings)
B) Being made by interns (Sonic Boom and Sonic Chronicles... the latter was made by Bioware's handheld team. Who didn't exist before that game.(Edit: And made NOTHING since) Lotta good that outsourcing did).
C) Trying to be experimental after a huge success (SA 1/2->Heroes/Shadow, Sonic Unleashed/Colors/Generations->Lost World)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Please.
I can top that.

A fighting game of a beloved series where one story is someone fighting off the forces of the underworld on a quest to not be a flat chested tsundere.

Edit:

12:53. That should say everything.
I can top this:

and Can't wait to get the excitebiker costume!

kylexv

Smash Master
Don't worry. London 2012's 3DS version had this same limitation, and the Wii version of that game had every character playable in every event (except there might have been 1 event that only female characters could play or something).

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Roy and Corrin amiibo functionality in Codename STEAM would be really cool, but that's never going to happen :upsidedown:
Has there been any word on if Roy works in Fates?

...Come to think of it, what would CORRIN'S Amiibo even do in fates?

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
奥さん okusan - generally other people's wife
妻 tsuma - most popular term for wife IMO.
ワイフ waifu - katakana word for Wife. I've literally never heard anyone say this outside of anime/ manga and on the Internet.
お母さん oksaasan - mom* (or any other word for "mom")

*Usually in married couple situations the partner will refer to their other in the role that they fill. So, the husband will call his wife "mom" and the wife "father". This is especially used when talking to their children.

Source: I did study abroad.

There's some other terms, but these are the ones I've at least heard in practice.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's a choose your own story for you!

Bratty teenage girl wants a perfect 16th birthday party and says that if it isn't perfect then she'll be dead (Of course she probably doesn't really mean it but ya know), what happens next?

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Bratty teenage girl wants a perfect 16th birthday party and says that if it isn't perfect then she'll be dead (Of course she probably doesn't really mean it but ya know), what happens next?
"Who the hell are you, I'm 21 years old, I can't have a 16 year old daughter. Get out before I call the cops."

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So me and a couple friends decided it would be fun to make anime smash roster.Using the 58 character limit we came up with
Dragon ball:Goku,Vegeta,Piccolo,Frieza
Naruto: Naruto,Saskue,Gaara,Rock lee
One piece: Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Ace
Bleach: Ichigo, Toshiro hitsugaya,Kenpachi
Gurren Lagann:Simon the digger,yoko littner
Kil La Kill:Ryuko Matoi
Fullmetal Alchemist:Edward Elric
Fairy tail:Natsu Dragnell, Erza scarlet
Soul eater: Death the kid
Hunter X Hunter: Gon, Killua
Attack on titan:Eren Jaegar
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Dio Brando,Jotaro Kuji
Fist of the North Star: Kenshiro
Akame ga Kill: Akame
Yugioh: Yugi Muto
Dr.Slump: Arale norimaki
Yu Yu Hakusho: Yusuke Urameshi,Hiei
Toriko: Toriko
Inuyasha: Inuyasha,Sesshomaru
Samurai X:Rurouni kenshin
Sailor Moon: Sailor Moon,Tuxedo Mask,Queen beryl
Samurai champloo: Mugen
Case Closed: Detective Conan
Assassination Classroom:Koro-sensei
Berserk: Guts
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo: Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Don patch
Astro boy:Astro boy
Kochikame: Kankichi Ryotsu
Gundam: Epyon,RX-0 Unicorn
Digimon:Augumon

DLC
Kuroko no basket: Tetsuya kuroko
Sword art Online: Kirito
Death Note: Light Yagami
Dragon ball: Gohan
One piece: Doflamingo
D.Gray Man: Allen Walker
One Punch Man: Saitama
Thoughts?
Why'd you chose Kidd over Maka for Soul Eater? Maka is the main character after all, and having Kidd doesn't mean one character from Soul Eater it means 3, seeing as there also his weapons Liz and Patty.

But forget Maka and Kidd the better Soul Eater rep is Tsugmi from the spin-off series Soul Eater Not, after all why have the core series protagonist, when you can have the side series protagonist instead :troll:

Although with that said, Tsugumi actually does have something uniquely her own, that being she has 2 meisters, them being Meme and Anya, so having her in would make for an interesting moveset.
Although she actually gets 3 by the end of the manga, leading to a joke about her being a player

I mean it is actually the genuine Japanese word for "wife" in some contexts, if I'm not mistaken.
Actually it isn't, and I know that because of a Yuri manga called Wife and Wife, which it's Japanese name is Fu-Fu, you should all go read it, its a heartwarming manga about a lesbian couple living their lifes together.

So, Nintendo maybe gearing up to be making a huge Legend of Zelda announcement soon.
(http://gamerpros.co/rumor-nintendo-supposedly-preparing-huge-legend-zelda-announcement/)

This stems from a leaked video some people are claiming to have of the said Zelda Announcement, even though they didn't say what it outright says. Mostly due to them saying it's incomplete.

This is has also prompted speculation that a Nintendo Direct might be in the works for January 2016 as it mentions a "big event".

EDIT: The website also says to have the video in their possession.
Interesting, I hope this means Zelda Wii U is coming soon, meaning that everyone saying that Zelda Wii U is an NX launch title will finally stop saying that, and shut up about it.

SSB World Champion
:4zss:
SSB International Champion
:4mario:
SSB United States Champion
:4ness:
SSB Japan Champion
:4ryu:
SSB European Champion
:4shulk:
SSB Xtreme Champion
:4wario:
SSB Coin Champion
:4wario:
SSB Time Champion
:4lucario:
SSB Lightheavyweight Champion
:4jigglypuff:
SSB Women's Champion
:rosalina:
SSB World Tag Team Champions
:4villager::4ness:
SSB Lightheavyweight Tag Team Champions
:4gaw::4kirby:
SSB Women's Tag Team Champions
:4robinf::4lucina:
SSB Mixed Tag Team Champions
:4fox::4sheik:

So what do I win?
I call Bull, Shulk isn't truly European, you want a real European champion, then do yourself a favour and pick from these lot, not that fraud Shulk:
:4link: :4pit::4robinf: :4feroy::4palutena: :4zelda::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4greninja: (He's here cause Kalos is France in Pokemon)

Reading it sounds a lot like a new zelda and not zelda U.

Actually if I had to guess it focuses on Zelda U and a new Wind Waker Or Toon Link Title that will reboot the franchise almost, and possibly incorporate Linkle. Sounds interesting for sure.

So if multiple people have this, who Wants to bet it gets leaked?
Why would they reboot Zelda, when there's absolutely no need? And adding in Linkle is easy, its not that hard, seeing as Zelda does multiple incarnations of a lot of its characters.

Sorry, I just really didn't like his fishing levels from Adventure, they were the absolute bottom of the barrel for an otherwise really solid game.
Hey, Big was awesome in Heroes, so don't go bringing up his bad past.

That game had Kirino from Oreimo (the incest anime).

Lets add her as the Slice of Life rep lol.
Actually the Slice of Life rep should be Tamaki Suoh from Ouran Highschool Host Club.
Nah, a better Slice of Lie rep would be Haruhi :troll:

Also you all disappoint with your Marvel VS Capcom 4 rosters, how come none of you want to add Wasp? One of the last remaining founding member of The Avengers not to be in it.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Starlight_Lily Starlight_Lily
夫婦 fuufu is the term for married couple.

Im guessing that "fu fu" is taking the second character of fuufu and repeating it for a pun. (notice the lack of a long u)

Fu by itself isn't really used. And fuufu is generally used to refer to both husband and wife, I believe.

Edit: but yeah, the general take away is that people who use "waifu" have little to 0 knowledge about Japanese language and customs and really should stop using that word as even though it's technically a Japanese word, the usage is at most wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shoot her through the heart with a loaded pistol.

Save herself the trouble.

Tomoko Kuroki.

Any other answer is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Isn't Table Tennis considered a really posh, pompous sport to many? Since it's basically tennis without a risk of getting dirty.

If that's the case then that's probably why, Ludwig's defining character trait is that he is a pompous git.

--------------------

Regarding Daisy, I honestly think she should have a Super Mario Maker costume by now. I know it's funny to joke about "X got into Mario Maker before Daisy", but I do feel bad for those genuine Daisy fans who just want to play as their favourite Mario girl or something. It is just such an odd decision. I mean Daisy gets into every other spin-off ever, it's so weird that she misses out on this specific game (or has thus far). Especially since it would be SO easy to add her, just edit Peach's sprite and give her some voice clips, give her a different taunt, and you're done.

I also always thought it would be fine for Daisy to be an alt to Peach in Smash in the same vain as Alph is to Olimar.

And as far as mainstream Mario goes, I again, would not mind her being in the platformers in some way. Currently I am just completely indifferent to Daisy herself, she has nothing going for her save for a few rare moments but I find her largely inoffensive otherwise. It's just some of her fans are way too over the top and specifically, I have gotten some flack from some of them for liking Rosalina. I just don't see why they want a feud between Daisy and Rosalina fans, especially since Rosalina isn't stealing any spotlight from Daisy. Daisy just was never anything special to begin with, right from the get go she was a stand-in for Peach that even her creator didn't care for. Rosalina is the opposite, she debuted as a completely unique entity and was the biggest breath of fresh air as a Mario character outside of the RPGs since she had (and still has) actual depth, a backstory, seemingly limitless powers to draw from (since they keep letting her show off more and more of her powers even in spin-offs), an air of mystery, etc. And her creator actually cared about his creation and still does to this day, and he just so happens to be the current producer of the Mario franchise. And the fact that she is a main cast member of the Mario franchise, that WASN'T created by Miyamoto, is just ground breaking, and basically means she is the mascot of Nintendo EAD (Mario is the mascot of Nintendo as a whole, not of a specific studio), so she has an established importance and likely is here to stay, and will be just as iconic as any other Mario character that's been there since the original SMB come a few years time and when the younger generation becomes more prevalent than the older generation.

So yeah Rosalina didn't steal Daisy's spotlight, Rosalina was just a more important character from the get go. So basically, Daisy appears in almost every spin-off outside of the RPGs and has over 30 games to her name, but doesn't usually have any major role to speak of. Rosalina on the other hand, has a more conservative track record of appearances with just over 10 games in almost 10 years, but her appearances are always big and meaningful and elaborate on the character to SOME degree, be it her Smash moveset, a new sports outfit, some interesting animations and voice clips, etc. And she tends to get top billing too in promotional material. She also currently holds the record of being the Mario character that was sold as standalone DLC the most times (granted, it's only a grand total of two so far, but it still goes to show just how confident Nintendo is in Rosalina's popularity and ability to sell games, DLC, and merchandise).

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why'd you chose Kidd over Maka for Sou; Eater? Maka is the main character after all, and having Kidd doesn't mean one character from Soul Eater it means 3, seeing as there also his weapons Liz and Patty.

But forget Maka and Kidd the better Soul Eater rep is Tsugmi from the spin-off series Soul Eater Not, after all why have the core series protagonist, when you can have the side series protagonist instead :troll:

Although with that said, Tsugumi actually has something uniquely her own, that being she has 2 meisters, them being Meme and Anya, so having her in would make for an interesting moveset.
although she actually gets 3 by the end of the manga, leading to a joke about her being a player

Actually it isn't, and I know that because of a Yuri manga called Wife and Wife, which it's Japanese name is Fu-Fu, you should all go read it, its a heartwarming manga about a lesbian couple leaving their life together.

Interesting, I hope this means Zelda Wii U is coming soon, meaning that everyone saying that Zelda Wii U is an NX launch title will finally stop saying that, and shut up about it.

I call Bull, Shulk isn't truely European, you want a real European champion, then do yourself a favour and pick from these lot, not that fraud Shulk:
:4link: :4pit::4robinf: :4feroy::4palutena: :4zelda::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4greninja: (He's here cause Kalos is France in Pokemon

Why would they reboot Zelda, when there's absolutely no need? And adding in Linkle is easy, its not that hard, seeing as Zelda does multiple incarnations of a lot of its characters.

Hey, Big was awesome in Heroes, so don't go bringing up his bad past.

Also you all disappoint with your Marvel VS Capcom 4 rosters, how come none of you want to add Wasp? One of the last remaining founding member of The Avengers not to be in it.
But he did ruin my experience for one of my favorite games on the Dreamcast. (I was never really a fan of SA2 and never understood why it was considered such a masterpiece, I mean Tails and Robotnik's stages were meh, and Knuckles and Leg's stages were just plain upsurd)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12...015-splatoon-beats-bloodborne-mario-and-more/

133 Japanese Developers Pick their Game of The Year 2015: Splatoon Beats Bloodborne, Mario and More

Yesterday we showcased a list of game developers published by Famitsu, in which 37 creatives picked their favorite games for 2015. Not to be outdone, 4Gamer published its own, and it’s much bigger and detailed, featuring a whopping 133 developers (plus a few voice actors and pro gamers).

The list is quite interesting, and it includes developers from all walks of the Japanese industry, from top executives like Shuhei Yoshida to indies.

Notably, while smartphone games are present, they’re definitely not dominant, and the games that received the most preferences are all console titles.
image.png

Japan loves them Squid Kids and lol MGSV is the 5th best game

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Actually it isn't, and I know that because of a Yuri manga called Wife and Wife, which it's Japanese name is Fu-Fu, you should all go read it, its a heartwarming manga about a lesbian couple living their lifes together.
Note how I said "in some contexts".

I looked it up and it's apparently the "Engrish" pronunciation of "wife".

Meaning I am technically correct. It's not the actual, literal Japanese word (I knew it wasn't but I knew it came from Japan), but it's sometimes used in a colloquial context and derives from the way a Japanese person might pronounce the English word "wife". It's basically a slang word of sorts.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Waitaminute... Did someone say something about a Nin no Kuni sequel? Without Miazakye? Wat?
(For those who don't know, Ni no Kuni is one of my favorite games of all time)

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
*Posts an opinion on who I would do between two Final Fantasy characters*

*Gets told I'm "too young" when I post my age*

*Gets told that I'm 12 when person makes a "minus eleven" reference*

Such childish. This is why the internet should be blocked for trolls

I call Bull, Shulk isn't truly European, you want a real European champion, then do yourself a favour and pick from these lot, not that fraud Shulk:
:4link: :4pit::4robinf: :4feroy::4palutena: :4zelda::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4greninja: (He's here cause Kalos is France in Pokemon)
There's only one way for you guys to settle it: settle it in Smash!

Then again, Shulk is my five time European champion, so I'm not complaining about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom