• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Man it is really sad when Mario and Sonic Rio Olympics has a better cast of Mario characters than pretty much any Mario-only spinoff nowadays.

I do think the absence of the remaining Koopalings/Deadly Six members is odd, as they seem like perfect rivals to match up against each other. Getting characters like Sticks and Zazz over Big and Charmy on Sonic's side is weird too, especially as Big and Charmy were previously boss/judge characters who had working models.

Have they said that this is the final roster for Rio 2016? Cause if not I could see it being the case that the remainder are unlockable.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I might see if I can start Woolly World now.

And tomorrow I will likely get Mega Yarn Yoshi and Codename STEAM.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm kinda stuck at the final boss atm so I have yet to see what happens.

Hopefully I'll be done by tonight tho
I was at Level 56, as was Lin and Elma. Xeno Girl at 55.
I STILL required to lower the difficulty of the final boss because of all the damn minions it spawns across the duration of the last phase.

Really disappointed in the quality of the finale in comparison to Zanza.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The thing about the Smash community is there's too many arguments that go everywhere. Not to mention the everlasting immaturity called "salt". We all know Sakurai loves to troll with us and he done it multiple times. Smash has gotten to the point to where it's becoming toxic to the point of pointless arguments happen over characters fans cry for (Ridley, K Rool, etc), and why veterans need to come back. Not to mention we've all done our fair share of lasting out at some point (some of you maybe remember my f-bombs on Robin being revealed lmao) and it's now ridiculous. Would be nice if we all took a break from the series for awhile to let all the toxic out

I hope and swear to God that this never happens. It'll throw all the concept of video game only characters out of the window and this is why I can't take fan requests seriously. I have a feeling this was how Bayo got in the game

And with Smashboards, we need Smash Champions.

What we need is the following...

SSB World Champion
SSB International Champion
SSB United States Champion
SSB Japan Champion
SSB European Champion
SSB Xtreme Champion
SSB Coin Champion
SSB Time Champion
SSB Lightheavyweight Champion
SSB Women's Champion
SSB World Tag Team Champions
SSB Lightheavyweight Tag Team Champions
SSB Women's Tag Team Champions
SSB Mixed Tag Team Champions

Boom

SSB World Champion
:4zss:
SSB International Champion
:4mario:
SSB United States Champion
:4ness:
SSB Japan Champion
:4ryu:
SSB European Champion
:4shulk:
SSB Xtreme Champion
:4wario:
SSB Coin Champion
:4wario:
SSB Time Champion
:4lucario:
SSB Lightheavyweight Champion
:4jigglypuff:
SSB Women's Champion
:rosalina:
SSB World Tag Team Champions
:4villager::4ness:
SSB Lightheavyweight Tag Team Champions
:4gaw::4kirby:
SSB Women's Tag Team Champions
:4robinf::4lucina:
SSB Mixed Tag Team Champions
:4fox::4sheik:

So what do I win?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Here's another statement by him.
upload_2015-12-28_18-33-15.png

The thing that's got me kind of curious about this, is the fact that it mentions a "big event". Most likely a Direct I presume, but its weird they'd just label it as a "big event".

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, Nintendo maybe gearing up to be making a huge Legend of Zelda announcement soon.
(http://gamerpros.co/rumor-nintendo-supposedly-preparing-huge-legend-zelda-announcement/)

This stems from a leaked video some people are claiming to have of the said Zelda Announcement, even though they didn't say what it outright says. Mostly due to them saying it's incomplete.

This is has also prompted speculation that a Nintendo Direct might be in the works for January 2016 as it mentions a "big event".

EDIT: The website also says to have the video in their possession.
Reading it sounds a lot like a new zelda and not zelda U.

Actually if I had to guess it focuses on Zelda U and a new Wind Waker Or Toon Link Title that will reboot the franchise almost, and possibly incorporate Linkle. Sounds interesting for sure.

So if multiple people have this, who Wants to bet it gets leaked?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the note of Zelda, would anyone like to play the first few levels of Triforce Heroes with me? I want to play it through the multiplayer since that's the main focus of the game and I'd like to try it out with you guys.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have to wonder whether or not this has to do with that rumored Zelda Netflix series. :p

Chrono.

I was at Level 56, as was Lin and Elma. Xeno Girl at 55.
I STILL required to lower the difficulty of the final boss because of all the damn minions it spawns across the duration of the last phase.

Really disappointed in the quality of the finale in comparison to Zanza.
We got the same team (we kinda have to but anyway)

Guess I'll just keep grinding then. I'm level 51 atm and I did well against the first two phases just fine on foot... then the barrier happened and all my teammates were dead lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they are making a new Zelda I wouldn't mind another top down like Link's awakening and junk

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have to wonder whether or not this has to do with that rumored Zelda Netflix series. :p
the :p face means this is a joke right?
(not trying to be mean)
because that was confirmed fake a long time ago.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
>Opens Youtube
>Goes to Subscriptions Feed
>Sees Xenoblade X music
>"I haven't listened to this game's soundtrack yet, so why not?"
>"OH MY ****ING GOD THIS BEAUTIFUL, I CAN'T BELIEVE I STILL DON'T HAVE THIS GAME"
Hiroyuki Sawano is a god among men.

But seriously, how he manages to pack so much pathos into a single song with not so great English lyrics is beyond me.

It's a shame the original version of this song is currently restricted:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

But seriously, how he manages to pack so much pathos into a single song with not so great English lyrics is beyond me.

Restricted as in region restricted?

Because I can play it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of manga/anime characters and Smash, some ideas of mine for character designs/gameplay concepts.

Son Goku - Dragon Ball
Not even a DBZ fan, but come on, having no Goku in a manga X Smash Bros. game would be like not having Mario in a main Smash game.
Anyway, he would essentially be Mario+Cloud with some similarities to Ryu. Basic, easy-to-learn jack-of-all-trades character, except he could charge a power bar to improve his moves a bit. Down special would charge the power bar and turn him into SSJ mode, improving his power temporarily. Up special would have him warp and float for a bit and the neutral special would be his iconic Kamehameha, a chargeable projectile like Samus's Charge Shot.

Eren Yaeger - Attack on Titan
Dual sword wielder plus a steam powered jet and latching wires! Some similarities to Pit's dual wielding would be obvious. A trained soldier, he would have a good balance of speed and power, the swords having moderate range. The latching wires could serve as a tether recovery, with the steam jet being material for a recovery up special. The Final Smash would have him transform into a Titan to wreck the opposition. Perhaps, the Titan form would have to be scaled down...

Edward Elric - Fullmetal Alchemist
Alchemy powers and his prosthetic metal arm give much room for creative moves. In that sense he could be a sort of "Swiss army knife" character in a similar vein as Mr. Game & Watch and Bowser Jr., having multiple shapes for his moves. He could also manipulate the ground: a down smash attack could be raising two pillars from the ground, one on front of him and another in the back.

Rin Okumura - Blue Exorcist
An half-demon katana wielder wreathed in blue flames. Kind of like Roy in the sense that he would combine swordplay and fire for a flashy fighting style. The sword blows could leave trails of fire that could serve as additional, though weaker, hitboxes. Neutral special move: Satan Slash, in which a flame blade-shaped projectile is fired using his sword, similar to Cloud's neutral special move. His down smash could be him stabbing the sword on the ground and form a blast of blue flames, hitting foes in an area.

Maka & Soul - Soul Eater
Soul Eater has the concept of people transforming into weapons for others to wield them. In this case, Maka is the one wielding Soul, who transforms into a scythe. Scythes are huge weapons and they would rely on attacking on a high range. Think like Marth except you have a bigger sour spot and more distance. Because a scythe is huge, for balancing purposes, they would be a slower, but powerful, fighter.

Yato & Yukine - Noragami
Similar to the above, except Yukine is a dual katana, each blade having a different size. Yato wields the bigger katana on his right hand and the smaller katana on a reverse grip on his left hand. A multi hit attacker, most of their moves would consist in two hits. Focus on speed with a lower than average attack power. In addition to this, Yukine, as a divine weapon, possesses powers such as Restraint to bind a foe in one place or Boundary, originally a defensive wall, but for Smash gameplay, it could serve as a reflector with a pushing effect, similar to Palutena's Reflect.

Ryuko Matoi - Kill la Kill
Though her scissor blade acts much like a sword, a way to make her stand out is having her use the abilities of her uniform Senketsu. In addition to one of its forms that has jets for a recovery move, Senketsu possesses the particularity of consuming Ryuko's blood to function, which would serve as the inspiration for a unique special move and mechanic. Using said special move, Ryuko could sacrifice 10~20% of her damage to power-up her moves temporarily. This move could be used repeatedly to extend the length of this upgrade, costing 10~20% of damage for each use. Her Final Smash would involve the the two scissor halves for a finishing blow.

Staz Charlie Blood - Blood Lad
An otaku vampire? Yep. And this guy could borrow some moves from other characters (such as Goku's Kamehameha) and generally act in a self-aware, fanboy-like manner. Think Street Fighter IV's Seth with vampire abilities, including biting opponents to suck their % (similar to Robin's Nosferatu). In addition, he's shown using magic abilities, which would naturally be incorporated into his moves somehow, even if only for aesthetic purposes. The Final Smash would be his move Heart Constriction: ZIP in which he grabs foes in a determined range and as if crushing a physical object, he would crush their hearts. Of course, this being a Smash moveset, this would mean a finishing move with insane knockback. A special move, Chew-Chew Drain, would have him bite an opponent and leave one of his teeth attached, sucking life at a distance temporarily. To represent his resilience as a vampire, he would be a heavyweight fighter, downplaying his agility a bit for balancing purposes.

I hope and swear to God that this never happens. It'll throw all the concept of video game only characters out of the window and this is why I can't take fan requests seriously. I have a feeling this was how Bayo got in the game
I was thinking more on a spin-off rather than inserting anime/manga characters in a Smash game.

Basically take the Smash Bros. formula (gameplay and content), but instead of using Nintendo and some 3rd party video game IPs, use anime/manga franchises.

Another Sawano fan, I see.

And yes, he is an awesome composer. I greatly enjoy his work.

I could just dump a ton of my favorite songs from him here, but I've done so before on this thread and I've already spent over an hour writing this post.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Speaking of manga/anime characters and Smash, some ideas of mine for character designs/gameplay concepts.

Son Goku - Dragon Ball
Not even a DBZ fan, but come on, having no Goku in a manga X Smash Bros. game would be like not having Mario in a main Smash game.
Anyway, he would essentially be Mario+Cloud with some similarities to Ryu. Basic, easy-to-learn jack-of-all-trades character, except he could charge a power bar to improve his moves a bit. Down special would charge the power bar and turn him into SSJ mode, improving his power temporarily. Up special would have him warp and float for a bit and the neutral special would be his iconic Kamehameha, a chargeable projectile like Samus's Charge Shot.

Dual sword wielder plus a steam powered jet and latching wires! Some similarities to Pit's dual wielding would be obvious. A trained soldier, he would have a good balance of speed and power, the swords having moderate range. The latching wires could serve as a tether recovery, with the steam jet being material for a recovery up special. The Final Smash would have him transform into a Titan to wreck the opposition. Perhaps, the Titan form would have to be scaled down...

Alchemy powers and his prosthetic metal arm give much room for creative moves. In that sense he could be a sort of "Swiss army knife" character in a similar vein as Mr. Game & Watch and Bowser Jr., having multiple shapes for his moves. He could also manipulate the ground: a down smash attack could be raising two pillars from the ground, one on front of him and another in the back.

An half-demon katana wielder wreathed in blue flames. Kind of like Roy in the sense that he would combine swordplay and fire for a flashy fighting style. The sword blows could leave trails of fire that could serve as additional, though weaker, hitboxes. Neutral special move: Satan Slash, in which a flame blade-shaped projectile is fired using his sword, similar to Cloud's neutral special move. His down smash could be him stabbing the sword on the ground and form a blast of blue flames, hitting foes in an area.

Maka & Soul - Soul Eater
Soul Eater has the concept of people transforming into weapons for others to wield them. In this case, Maka is the one wielding Soul, who transforms into a scythe. Scythes are huge weapons and they would rely on attacking on a high range. Think like Marth except you have a bigger sour spot and more distance. Because a scythe is huge, for balancing purposes, they would be a slower, but powerful, fighter.

Yato & Yukine - Noragami
Similar to the above, except Yukine is a dual katana, each blade having a different size. Yato wields the bigger katana on his right hand and the smaller katana on a reverse grip on his left hand. A multi hit attacker, most of their moves would consist in two hits. Focus on speed with a lower than average attack power. In addition to this, Yukine, as a divine weapon, possesses powers such as Restraint to bind a foe in one place or Boundary, originally a defensive wall, but for Smash gameplay, it could serve as a reflector with a pushing effect, similar to Palutena's Reflect.

Though her scissor blade acts much like a sword, a way to make her stand out is having her use the abilities of her uniform Senketsu. In addition to one of its forms that has jets for a recovery move, Senketsu possesses the particularity of consuming Ryuko's blood to function, which would serve as the inspiration for a unique special move and mechanic. Using said special move, Ryuko could sacrifice 10~20% of her damage to power-up her moves temporarily. This move could be used repeatedly to extend the length of this upgrade, costing 10~20% of damage for each use. Her Final Smash would involve the the two scissor halves for a finishing blow.

An otaku vampire? Yep. And this guy could borrow some moves from other characters (such as Goku's Kamehameha) and generally act in a self-aware, fanboy-like manner. Think Street Fighter IV's Seth with vampire abilities, including biting opponents to suck their % (similar to Robin's Nosferatu). In addition, he's shown using magic abilities, which would naturally be incorporated into his moves somehow, even if only for aesthetic purposes. The Final Smash would be his move Heart Constriction: ZIP in which he grabs foes in a determined range and as if crushing a physical object, he would crush their hearts. Of course, this being a Smash moveset, this would mean a finishing move with insane knockback. A special move, Chew-Chew Drain, would have him bite an opponent and leave one of his teeth attached, sucking life at a distance temporarily. To represent his resilience as a vampire, he would be a heavyweight fighter, downplaying his agility a bit for balancing purposes.

I was thinking more on a spin-off rather than inserting anime/manga characters in a Smash game.

Basically take the Smash Bros. formula (gameplay and content), but instead of using Nintendo and some 3rd party video game IPs, use anime/manga franchises.

I could just dump a ton of my favorite songs from him here, but I've done so before on this thread and I've already spent over an hour writing this post.
You know, (I know a lot of people are going to hate me for this) but I always thought it would be interesting to see either Kirito or Asuna from SAO in Smash, as Kirito would have Dual-weilding, and Asuna would have that OP sheild-break thing. I think they'd be fun.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Anyways, the Zelda Rumor is very interesting to say at least. We'll have to wait and see where it goes. I'm excited by the prospect that its tied to this "big event". Usually when multiple rumors start coming out from all kinds of different sources, that's usually a sign a Nintendo Direct is on the horizon. It happened with the one in November and one in April. So I think this is just the tip of the iceberg and I bet we'll se a direct next month.

Like I said, we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here's how Asuna could play,
(If I remember correctly, Kirito wasn't playable in the original arcade release, so I couldn't find a guide on him, oops!)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So, Nintendo maybe gearing up to be making a huge Legend of Zelda announcement soon.
(http://gamerpros.co/rumor-nintendo-supposedly-preparing-huge-legend-zelda-announcement/)

This stems from a leaked video some people are claiming to have of the said Zelda Announcement, even though they didn't say what it outright says. Mostly due to them saying it's incomplete.

This is has also prompted speculation that a Nintendo Direct might be in the works for January 2016 as it mentions a "big event".

EDIT: The website also says to have the video in their possession.
Quite obviously, it's the crossover part where Ridley joins the franchise.

What else do you associate with big events?

D

Deleted member

Wait, people have used the term Waifu/Husbando seriously? This is new to me.(I know, surprising coming from me of all people. :p)

Hey, here's a thing.

Make a new Marvel vs Capcom roster.

70 characters. 35 on each side. Go.
This is just off the top of my head, no one attack me. :p No specific order.

Marvel: Captain America, Hulk, Thor, Deadpool, Bob agent of hydra, Iron man, Spiderman, Rocket Racoon, Venom, Dr strange, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Sentinel, Magneto, Dr doom, Magneto, Storm, Wolverine, Dormammu, Blackheart, Shuma Gorath, Thanos, Taskmaster, Shehulk, Lizard, M.O.D.O.K, Pheonix, Nova, Iron fist, Dr octopus, Ultron, Gambit, Loki, Juggernaut, Cyclops.

Capcom: Ryu, Akuma, Chun Li, M bison, Zangief, Dan, Morgan, Demitri, Felicia, Lord Raptor, BB hood, Strider Hiryu, Pheonix Wright, Hagar, Poison, Wresker, Chris, Jill, Nemisis, Dante, Trish, Vergil, Firebrand, Arthur, Megaman X(Over the original for many reasons), Zero, Tron, Vietiful Joe, Amaterusu, Frank West, Spencer, Asura, Captain Commando, Jin, Hayato.

Tried my hardest to not include tons of SF/Darkstalkers characters... Meanwhile, I have TOO many characters to choose from on marvel's half.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Quite obviously, it's the crossover part where Ridley joins the franchise.

What else do you associate with big events?
Everyone thought wolf would secretly be the last fighter but it's actual Ridley!
He's a returning vet to the series as a boss, but now he returns as a playable fighter!
:awesome:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also.

UMvC4 thing.

Capcom Roster.
1) Arthur
2) Firebrand
3) Megaman
4) Roll
5) Bass
6) Zero
7) Tron Bonne
8) Megaman.Exe
9) Ryu
10) Chun-Li
11) Guile
13) Nathan Spencer
14) M. Bison
15) Zangeif
16) Akuma
17) Mike Haggar
18) Strider Hiryu
19) Felicia
20) Morrigan Aensland
21) Hsien-Ko
22) B.B. Hood
23) Chris Redfield
24) Jill Valentine
25) Albert Wesker
26) Ruby Heart
27) Amingo
28) Edward Falcon
29) Phoenix Wright
30) Amaterasu
31) Viewtiful Joe
32) Dante
33) Trish
34) Feyline (Monster Hunter)
35) Katt (Breath of Fire)

When's Mahvel?
1) Spiderman
2) Venom
3) Green Goblin
4) Doc Oct
5) Iron Man
6) Hulk
7) Captain America
8) Thor
9) Loki
10) Dr. Doom
11) Rocket Racoon
12) Wolverine
13) Cyclops
14) Storm
15) She Hulk
16) Gambit
17) Rogue
18) Mr. Fantastic
19) Human Torch
20) Sentinel
21) Hawkeye
22) Magneto
23) Deadpool
24) Ghost Rider
25) Daredevil
26) Elektra (because I didn't have room for Dan as a joke character)
27) Modok
28) Dormammu
29) Shuma-Gorath
30) Psylocke
31) Dr. Strange
32) Iceman
33) Silver Surfer
34) Apocolapse
35) Phoenix

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Iron Spider would be interesting to have in the game

DaybreakHorizon

A Believing Heart
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Here's how Asuna could play,
(If I remember correctly, Kirito wasn't playable in the original arcade release, so I couldn't find a guide on him, oops!)
That game had Kirino from Oreimo (the incest anime).

Lets add her as the Slice of Life rep lol.
Actually the Slice of Life rep should be Tamaki Suoh from Ouran Highschool Host Club.

D

Deleted member

Man it is really sad when Mario and Sonic Rio Olympics has a better cast of Mario characters than pretty much any Mario-only spinoff nowadays.

I do think the absence of the remaining Koopalings/Deadly Six members is odd, as they seem like perfect rivals to match up against each other. Getting characters like Sticks and Zazz over Big and Charmy on Sonic's side is weird too, especially as Big and Charmy were previously boss/judge characters who had working models.

Have they said that this is the final roster for Rio 2016? Cause if not I could see it being the case that the remainder are unlockable.
Big might be....too big.
:troll:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Maybe Linkle is in the new zelda
My dream.Don't toy with my emotions

Son Goku - Dragon Ball

Maka & Soul - Soul Eater

Yato & Yukine - Noragami

This is actually perfect.That ryuko and Edward concepts are just perfect

Burruni

Smash Hero
There are some more coming.

They're half confirmed but the signs are saying a PS4 exclusive
Let's hope that the Steam release of Valkyria Chronicles makes them realize that there's demand outside of japan for the series and the only reason VC2 did so poorly IS BECAUSE IT WAS ON A VERY POOR SELLING HANDHELD

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
You know, (I know a lot of people are going to hate me for this) but I always thought it would be interesting to see either Kirito or Asuna from SAO in Smash, as Kirito would have Dual-weilding, and Asuna would have that OP sheild-break thing. I think they'd be fun.
good god no, keep SAO far away from smash bros

a smash bros-like anime themed game though? ok

Last edited:

Chrono.

Let's hope that the Steam release of Valkyria Chronicles makes them realize that there's demand outside of japan for the series and the only reason VC2 did so poorly IS BECAUSE IT WAS ON THE MOST HACKED HANDHELD KNOWN TO MAN
fixed.

Seriously, the PSP did well in sales, but the big reason it did was because of CFW.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get why super heroes take eachother's identities instead of just making their own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom