• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
I believe the one thing no one could even predict was 8-Player Smash because it was something that I don't think crossed ANYONE'S MIND and it was the greatest feature for Smash Wii U.

And funny thing about it was that we should have seen this coming when :4bowserjr: was in the game.

Plus like I said, debunking Tower of Smash has been my best accomplishment for Smash speculation due to the sole fact it showed me how desperate Smash fans were so hard. Which why crap like this exist http://youtu.be/CmsoJe6lQyc
This is why Source gaming exists. I learn facts and information from this awesome website. It helped me warn about certain things to keep in mind. About Bowser Jr. and 8-player smash, they almost got dropped from development. Glad both are in the game because they are very fun to play. Never in my wildest dreams we would have up to 8 players and Bowser Jr. makes since. 8 player smash is one of the best features in smash. I played this mode the most since I got all the challenges. Glad this mode exist, since nothing much you can do in other modes after you got all the challenges.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I believe the one thing no one could even predict was 8-Player Smash because it was something that I don't think crossed ANYONE'S MIND and it was the greatest feature for Smash Wii U.

And funny thing about it was that we should have seen this coming when :4bowserjr: was in the game.

Plus like I said, debunking Tower of Smash has been my best accomplishment for Smash speculation due to the sole fact it showed me how desperate Smash fans were so hard. Which why crap like this exist http://youtu.be/CmsoJe6lQyc
Eh, at least Etika says multiple times at the start how he's aware he's delusional about it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Mentioning Mr. Hanafuda really brought me back down memory lane though. :laugh: Times were different then. Not quite Burger Knight or Debatemania level, but it's somewhere close.

The thread, for those not in the know.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Data mining actually spoiled the 8 player Smash and "Smash Tour" before their announcement. I remember I organized a translation of all the sound files and the Italian version made "Smash Tour" sound like a board game.

Good times.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh really, I didn't remember that

I did remember Magnus though

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There was also a chapter in which you played as a random dog.

That one always stuck out.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
:4bowserjr::4littlemac::4megaman::4palutena::4pacman::4mii::4shulk:

All predicted for the base game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Of the innumerable ideas Blue supported, Mr. Hanafuda was the only thing that really caught my eye.

I actually know how to play Hanafuda now. It's a fun little card game.

:231:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Data mining actually spoiled the 8 player Smash and "Smash Tour" before their announcement. I remember I organized a translation of all the sound files and the Italian version made "Smash Tour" sound like a board game.

Good times.
I loved it how Data Mining supported those things but supported the "Smash World/Tower of Smash" leaks.

And in the end, Amazon killed the leaks.

8-Player Smash was something so baffling that it had to be real in sense that the Wii U had 7-8 different controller options for it (Wii U pro Controller 4 lyfe).

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I never really made any predictions that I can remember, but way back when my Top 5 most wanted newcomers were Toad, Shulk, Dillon, Robin, and Wonder Red (in that order), with my Too 10 being rounded out in no particular order with Palutena, K. Rool, and the Triple S's in Sami, Skull Kid, and Sukapon. So to get :4shulk::4robinm::4robinf::4palutena: as fighters and Dillon and Skull Kid as AT's is acceptable to me. I don't play any of them that much though haha - I always was and always will be an Ike main, though I've been getting better with Shulk.

I really wish Toad hasn't been passed over again though - hopefully he's a headliner in 5mash along with Inklings! :bee:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Remember when I mentioned championships not too long ago? Well...

SSB World Champion: Mario 9/20/15
SSB Smash Champion: Ridley 5/17/15
SSB Interconential Champion: Gengar 9/20/15
SSB United states Champion: King Dedede 8/23/15
SSB Japan Champion: VACATED 11/1/15
SSB European Champion: Robin 10/18/15
SSB Internet Champion: Hawkins Grey 12/3/15
SSB Xtreme Champion: Pacman 11/1/15
SSB Time Champion: Espio the Chameleon 10/18/15
SSB Coin Champion: Roy (Not Roy Koopa) 10/12/15
SSB Speedy (lightweight) Champion: Lance Starr 11/29/15
SSB Brave Gates (super lightweight) Champion: Villager 11/1/15
SSB Women's Champion: Coco Bandicoot 11/29/15
SSB Knockout's Champion: Lucina 12/20/15
SSB World Tag Team Champions:
SSB Tag Team Champions:Bonzer Koala and Gabumon 11/29/15
SSB Speedy Tag Team Champions: Kakurangers (Kenta and Sidus Matthews) 10/29/15
SSB Women's Tag Team Champions: The Beautiful Athletes (Wii Fit Trainer and Samus Aran) 10/21/15
SSB Mixed Tag Team Champions: Ink Kids 11/29/15

Yes...I'm THAT crazy. Mostly been doing this for a decade or so now with all the champions who are up to date. And yes, Ridley isn't outdated, he just successfully been defending his title since May

D

Deleted member

Mentioning Mr. Hanafuda really brought me back down memory lane though. :laugh: Times were different then. Not quite Burger Knight or Debatemania level, but it's somewhere close.

I'll never forget that little box of cards with cartoon arms and legs....

Khoru

Smash Champion

>debatemania
DON'T

what's burger knight though

also does anyone remember when people supported non-specific action figure

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I loved it how Data Mining supported those things but supported the "Smash World/Tower of Smash" leaks.

And in the end, Amazon killed the leaks.

8-Player Smash was something so baffling that it had to be real in sense that the Wii U had 7-8 different controller options for it (Wii U pro Controller 4 lyfe).
Im 90% sure that Amazon description was before the Smash Tour/World of Smash audio files!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like how the box for my Chicken wings says: 100% whole breast white meat

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
On that note, (and if this ends up being a double post, I apologize, but I felt it deserves its own message and would get drowned out a bit as an edit to the above)

How many here actually play and/or main the newcomers they most wanted to see in the game?

Toad's still my #1 most wanted, but I don't think I'd even play Toad if he came haha. Still, I'd love to see him be able to be in the game, same with how I felt about Shulk and Robin (the latter especially with all the Chrom support; Robin's reveal was the first time I literally screamed out loud in happiness at a character reveal because I wanted him so badly but everybody convinced me he would never happen because Chrom was more likely)

D

Deleted member

....I can't believe there was a time I actually supported the idea of Mr. Hanafuda now that I look back at the thread.....
Sometimes past me disappoints present me.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm pretty sure Non specific action figure was only supported ironically

No one really wanted him

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Hey, here's a thing.

Make a new Marvel vs Capcom roster.

70 characters. 35 on each side. Go.
Take the UMVC3 roster with some cuts and additions.

Capcom Cuts:
C. Viper
Hsien-Ko
RE5 Jill

Marvel Cuts:
Super Skrull
X-23
Sentinal
Shuma-Gorath

Capcom Additions:
Mega Man (Revamped move set)
Gene (God Hand)
Samanosuke (Onimusha)
Regina (Dino Crisis)
Ryu (Breath of Fire)
Tessa (Red Earth)
Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara)
Asura
Sonson
Captain Commando
Ken Masters
Demitri Maximoff
RE1 Jill

Marvel Additions:
Fantastic 4 (play as Mr. Fantastic, the other members work as assists, similar to Captain Commando)
Thanos
Loki
Venom
Green Goblin
Silver Surfer
Daredevil
Elektra
Ms. Marvel
Black Widow (takes RE5 Jill's moves)
Blade
Black Panther
Spider-Woman
Cyclops

Alt Costumes:
Chuck Green (Frank West)
Leon (Chris)

Honorable Mentions Capcom:
Jin (Cyberbots)
Hayato (Star Gladiator)
Batsu (Rival Schools)
Edward Falcon (Power Stone)
Sissel (Ghost Trick)
Maximo
Zack and Wiki

Honorable Mentions Marvel:
Punisher
Luke Cage
Namor
Moon Knight
Man-Thing
Howard the Duck
Black Bolt
MCU Characters

Side note; why is it that when it comes to Capcom crossovers they treat Darkstalkers like it's bigger than it really is?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I said Cloud was the most likely FF character. So...do I get an Internet cookie?

I wasn't very active pre-release speculation so I can't claim to have predicted anything before they were revealed.

I did think Black Pit was a boss on Palutena's Temple though. That was actually my first posts on SmashBoards since 2007.

I did predict, and told you guys that we wouldn't get a lot of DLC. I also correctly stated that Wolf wasn't a shoo-in, and not coming back...against all odds.

Also, my Ultimate Smash Poll ended the day before Smash DLC was announced. I'm essentially a prophet. It's confirmed guys.
no you deserve better.....

.....here's a Zess cookie :)

icon.tpl.mm244.png

:)

(yes it is from TTYD :) )

Chrono.

Side note; why is it that when it comes to Capcom crossovers they treat Darkstalkers like it's bigger than it really is?
I'm guessing it's because it's Capcom's 2nd most successful fighting game franchise (that isn't a crossover) and it's characters were rather iconic in a sense.

Also, while Darkstalkers ended up being a dud itself, a lot of the mechanics became staples in fighters and even crossed over to SF and other Capcom vs titles.

Shroob

Sup?
I know I wanted them legit. I love the idea of a Create-A-Fighter. :grin:

One of my favorite additions overall. I'd have liked more options, but this isn't bad either.
I must admit, I'm jaded as hell against the Miis....

Because I forced myself to get all the hats legit.

I swear to god if I ever lose my data, I'm powersaving that ****. Ain't nothing fun about randomly getting a random hat out of over 40 when there's only a handful that you need.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
....I can't believe there was a time I actually supported the idea of Mr. Hanafuda now that I look back at the thread.....
Sometimes past me disappoints present me.
Well, Blue's argument for him was compelling. Hanafuda is a big part of the company's history.

I don't think anyone expected a Hanafuda based character to actually be box with MS Paint limbs though. :p

:231:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I must admit, I'm jaded as hell against the Miis....

Because I forced myself to get all the hats legit.

I swear to god if I ever lose my data, I'm powersaving that ****. Ain't nothing fun about randomly getting a random hat out of over 40 when there's only a handful that you need.
Completely agreed. I love the Miis, but hate how hard it is to get all the custom stuff.

Shroob

Sup?
Completely agreed. I love the Miis, but hate how hard it is to get all the custom stuff.
From most difficult to least difficult, I'd grade it like this:

Mii hats >>> Smash Run Powers >>> Mii Outfits >>> Custom Moves >>> Trophies

At least on the 3DS. Custom Moves are easy to farm on the 3DS. I also always end up with all the Mii Outfits without much problem... It's the hats that are a pain.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
From most difficult to least difficult, I'd grade it like this:

Mii hats >>> Smash Run Powers >>> Mii Outfits >>> Custom Moves >>> Trophies

At least on the 3DS. Custom Moves are easy to farm on the 3DS. I also always end up with all the Mii Outfits without much problem... It's the hats that are a pain.
Never mind that many hats are locked behind challenges. At least Smash Run helps a bit. Also, completely destroyed it with Cloud the other day. Most fun part is that I brought in Ganondorf with no equipment or powers, and still owned it. Albeit, this was early on before some(or all?) patches...

I think the most annoying challenge hats are ones you need to beat a specific thing like, say, Classic with everyone. It's tedious.

Shroob

Sup?
Never mind that many hats are locked behind challenges. At least Smash Run helps a bit. Also, completely destroyed it with Cloud the other day. Most fun part is that I brought in Ganondorf with no equipment or powers, and still owned it. Albeit, this was early on before some(or all?) patches...

I think the most annoying challenge hats are ones you need to beat a specific thing like, say, Classic with everyone. It's tedious.
And then once you unlock said hats, they get thrown into the drop list for even more added frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom