• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm trying to figure out who kept pushing that idea?
Knowyourmeme and 4chan are where I saw him pop up the most.

>debatemania
DON'T

what's burger knight though

also does anyone remember when people supported non-specific action figure
It was a Summer of 2011 thing. :p I think @--- saved the image though. It was from when Black Knight was still brought up as a potential Fire Emblem character.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Your loss.

No one said that seriously, as far as I know. Meta Knight himself was revealed only a few days later.

:231:
I just seriously can't see how anyone can find her the least bit attractive

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What about Toon Link though?
Those were bad times. :urg:

I remember my reaction post to his inclusion.
TOON LINK CONFIRMED!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

wlEGHUSFEHB.KSDFH;IUDFHLIAEHIGEYRYH
Back then, I pretty much only used TL avatars and was known as the Toon Link guy, shame that I didn't like his changes in Smash 4.

:231:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I main everyone I liked/ wanted regardless of how they are in the tiers.

Also I actually like the idea of Master Hanafunda, it be a great way to rep Nintendo and could be really fun.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still think it's funny they were able to make my most disliked character option in a way that I actually main him

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Do you guys think people are too picky with video games?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do you guys think people are too picky with video games?
I'm only picky because I don't have as much money as in the past

Things are costing more and more and I can't buy every video game I want

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I remember when Lucario was going to be replaced by Zoroark and Chrom was going to be the obvious Ike replacement.

Additional things I remember:

-G&W's appearance in Pac-Man's trailer deconfirmed him because he didn't get a character page.
-Meta Knight's mask deconfirmed him.
-Rosalina's not important enough to be a newcomer.
-Pac-Man won't be in because he's not relevant enough to Nintendo history.
-Yoshi's cut because he hasn't been revealed yet.
-Wario's cut because he hasn't been revealed yet.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I remember when Lucario was going to be replaced by Zoroark and Chrom was going to be the obvious Ike replacement.

Additional things I remember:

-G&W's appearance in Pac-Man's trailer deconfirmed him because he didn't get a character page.
-Meta Knight's mask deconfirmed him.
-Rosalina's not important enough to be a newcomer.
-Pac-Man won't be in because he's not relevant enough to Nintendo history.
-Yoshi's cut because he hasn't been revealed yet.
-Wario's cut because he hasn't been revealed yet.
I can't wait for speculation of the next Smash game to begin., just to see what kind of new **** people come up with.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was pretty spot on with my potential cuts.

In that there would be almost none.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
When smash 5 comes around.I already know who i'm supporting.Linkle,dillion,nabbit, and inklings.The only 4 characters i wanna see make it next game

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would definitely like to see Dillon return

I'd think he's going to need a new game

...and I would like to get over his fear of using firearms

I mean, it would open up his moveset potential, look cool

and it's not like the game has any problem with characters using guns in it.

Like, ALL your allies

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What about Toon Link though?
Those where the dark times Scamper. Dark times indeed....

I still find it ironic he ended up being one of the first post E3 veterans confirmed to return despite the general community's overconfidence that he was supposedly the first to go. :laugh:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I predicted :4bowserjr:,:4littlemac:,:4megaman:,:4pacman:, :4palutena:, :4mii: and :4shulk:, so not too well.

Overall, I did much better with veterans as I predicted :4lucario::4myfriends::4rob: would return despite being the supposed most likely cuts, and that there would still be a few cuts here and there when a good number thought that their survival meant no one would be cut.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My dog walked into my room without a problem, but she is scared of the "baby gate" that's in front of it. It's actually to prevent her from entering...

Even though she walked into my without a problem, she's terrified to leave because of the gate

I have no idea what experience she could have had that she's scared of it. But only when leaving my room

D

Deleted member

If we get a new Zelda character next game, I'm hoping it actually isn't Linkle as I want someone a little more diverse from the series like a Zora, Gerudo, Rito, Great Fairies, etc. I don't want Ganon either for the same reasons. (Namely because I don't want another Ganon character before getting a different character)

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If we get a new Zelda character next game, I'm hoping it actually isn't Linkle as I want someone a little more diverse from the series like a Zora, Gerudo, Rito, Great Fairies, etc. I don't want Ganon either for the same reasons. (Namely because I don't want another Ganon character before getting a different character)
Always Impa. :awesome:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ok new challenge guys.

Let me know when Sakurai has ever lied, and I'll research it.

It's better if you PM me, or send me a message on Twitter so I can keep better track of it.
The inherent issue with a topic like this is that what people see as "lying" is very subjective outside of specific cases. The Zero Suit Samus gag in the April Direct might be a case, but it was a fake out. Does it really count, considering it wasn't stretched out to last longer?

People claim that the fan service comment was a lie...but the ballot, inherently, is fanservice, decided by the fans. Now, whether what YOU are a fan of was added is another matter entirely. I think Cloud falls under the fanservice criteria as well, being an immensely popular character in gaming period, considering that people who know of Final Fantasy usually know of Cloud. Corrin is really the only outlier considering his selection criteria, but even he has his fans, so whatever.

Does costume and stage DLC count towards fanservice? One could imagine the KKR costume to be fanservice if it's not the spawn of the devil to them. Acknowledging the fans with at least something. Keep in mind that Isaac, another supposed ballot juggernaut, didn't get a costume as well. The pre-Cloud stage additions were solid, competitive legality be damned.

Point is, fanservice means a different thing to everyone. A lot of users here did not get delivered fanservice...hell, I've seen people say that Smash is dead to them after characters like King K. Rool or Isaac or Bandanna Dee or whatever didn't make it. Like...really? Likewise, claiming Sakurai is a troll can only take you so far; like anyone seriously predicting ZOMGOODNESS MORE DLC AFTER THE EXPLICITLY FINAL PRESENTATION or OH MY GOD THAT SHADOW DOESNT ACT LIKE RIDLEY solely on the grounds that Sakurai is a troll will only lead to disappointment. There has to be more reasoning outside of a director's quirks to say stuff like this.

TLDR: subject is flawed to try and make an article of, do welcome the attempt, though

Strofirko

Smash Master
I think third parties wth western origins have zero chances to be in smash,I will drag this fan rule until smash 5 and see if will be broken.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Short comments about the roster cuts in Smash 3DS/Wii U:
- Ice Climbers: 3DS limitations and Sakurai's choice to make both versions' rosters the same. Their inclusion could have meant another character would be cut instead, as signs point towards them being cut early in development.
- Snake: Likely due to negotiation issues involving Konami.
- Ivysaur, Squirtle: The removal transformations likely shifted their priority to lower level.
- Lucas: Series with no future had lower priority. Team likely prioritized Ness over him due to seniority. Returned as DLC.
- Wolf: Was a low priority addition to Brawl's roster and likely was the same here. For DLC, he may have been out-prioritized by Lucas, who was a higher priority in Brawl too. Mewtwo and Roy likely had preference over him due to not appearing in Brawl, unlike Wolf. His only other shot was being the ballot choice, which was taken by Bayonetta.

Note how most of the cuts in Brawl were likely due to priority issues:
- Mewtwo: Likely out-prioritized by the Pokémon newcomers (Pokémon Trainer, Lucario) and Jigglypuff.
- Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario: All of them were unplanned clone additions in Melee.
- Young Link: Likely seen as redundant with Toon Link around or Toon Link was designed to replace him. Also an unplanned clone in Melee.

If Brawl had DLC, Mewtwo and Roy likely would have been part of it. Possibly Dr. Mario as well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Short comments about the roster cuts in Smash 3DS/Wii U:
- Ice Climbers: 3DS limitations and Sakurai's choice to make both versions' rosters the same. Their inclusion could have meant another character would be cut instead, as signs point towards them being cut early in development.
- Snake: Likely due to negotiation issues involving Konami.
- Ivysaur, Squirtle: The removal transformations likely shifted their priority to lower level.
- Lucas: Series with no future had lower priority. Team likely prioritized Ness over him due to seniority. Returned as DLC.
- Wolf: Was a low priority addition to Brawl's roster and likely was the same here. For DLC, he may have been out-prioritized by Lucas, who was a higher priority in Brawl too. Mewtwo and Roy likely had preference over him due to not appearing in Brawl, unlike Wolf. His only other shot was being the ballot choice, which was taken by Bayonetta.

Note how most of the cuts in Brawl were likely due to priority issues:
- Mewtwo: Likely out-prioritized by the Pokémon newcomers (Pokémon Trainer, Lucario) and Jigglypuff.
- Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario: All of them were unplanned clone additions in Melee.
- Young Link: Likely seen as redundant with Toon Link around or Toon Link was designed to replace him. Also an unplanned clone in Melee.

If Brawl had DLC, Mewtwo and Roy likely would have been part of it. Possibly Dr. Mario as well.
I've talked to Push about the Young Link/Toon Link thing. He has yet to find anything that implies Young Link was outright replaced. Just that they were seen as being similar as having clone moves from Link at best.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if he saw him as redundant.

D

Deleted member

One of my favorite moments from pre release was when the Smash Bros. Miiverse went crazy because they thought Yoshi had been cut
Only because he wasn't revealed on the day of Yoshi's New Island release
You take that back right now haha. :p
Weeb found :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Uh BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , can you give me a link to youre bookmark page? Because you can't actually research a user on the website, which is pretty dumb but hey, it's Nintendo.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yes my username over exaggerates it (I've said it before) and I did have many predictions that didn't make the cut, but being right about how Bayonetta being possible and debating how each and every corner of her attributes as a character was possible to tone down, is what I think is an accomplishment for me personally. I spent very long debates on the subject from the DLC character thread to the leaks group pushing how Bayonetta was possible. Seeing as to how a few people actually took the Bayonetta debate on the positive side and going through that hell of debates, seeing her officially in Smash makes for a satisfying trade in return.

Uh BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , can you give me a link to youre bookmark page? Because you can't actually research a user on the website, which is pretty dumb but hey, it's Nintendo.
https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/BluePikmin11

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom