• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey.

Guys.

Despite the naysayers claiming Smash is going to end without Sakurai or we're just going to get Smash 4 Ultimate Edition on NX, I at least still think we can still debate Smash 5 newcomers.

This is the fandom that went two years with nothing but a blackboard drawing and, like, two interviews. I think we can manage on a game that's still hypothetical.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just realized something: Yesterday I posted that Japan is re-releasing the very first set of the Pokémon Trading Card Game for the series' 20th anniversary. And the Base set contains Kadabra.

For those who don't follow, there hasn't been a Kadabra card since 2004 and there's a possible reason behind it. Years ago a self-proclaimed psychic named Uri Geller tried to sue Pokémon claiming Kadabra was a bad parody of him. While silly sounding, he does have evidence: Kadabra's Japanese name is Yungerer, which is indeed a corruption of his name. While the case was dismissed, no Kadabra cards came out (in fact, a 2007 Abra card has a move that allows it to skip Kadabra and directly evolve into Alakazam)

I wonder how this will turn out

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hey.

Guys.

Despite the naysayers claiming Smash is going to end without Sakurai or we're just going to get Smash 4 Ultimate Edition on NX, I at least still think we can still debate Smash 5 newcomers.

This is the fandom that went two years with nothing but a blackboard drawing and, like, two interviews. I think we can manage on a game that's still hypothetical.
Do people still have energy left?

:231:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Do people still have energy left?

I mean...
I feel like having the game announced is really the first step of things.
But like... what's the real point of trying to throw darts at a board from 100 paces?
Because, I mean, when we look at the newcomers we got.
Who were big surprises, barring leaks?
:4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::4littlemac::4robinm::4lucina::4shulk::4darkpit::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta::4corrin:
Compared to THAT
Our more "expected" newcomers
:rosalina::4greninja::4mii::4palutena::4pacman:

And even THAT is a stretch.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This article here is why I think it's often not the best for non-video game news outlets to do video game news...

Shiena Bernardino of Christian Today said:
At the moment, there are a total of eight playable Fire Emblem characters in "Super Smash Bros. 4," including Corrin, the two versions of Robin, Ike, Lucina, Roy, Mega Man, and Luigi.
1. It's not "Super Smash Bros. 4," but "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U."
2. Marth isn't included.
3. There's not eight.
4. Why did you include both Robins (which shouldn't count) but not both Corrins?
5. The bolded. Just...the bolded.

As a journalist, that's...embarrassing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This article here is why I think it's often not the best for non-video game news outlets to do video game news...

2. Marth isn't included.
3. There's not eight.
4. Why did you include both Robins (which shouldn't count) but not both Corrins?

>Luigi as a Fire Emblem character.

This reminds me of an OC I drew years ago.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

2. Marth isn't included.
3. There's not eight.

Still nowhere near as bad as this ultra-facepalm trainwreck from a couple months ago.

Rosalinatehplumber

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mariotrains
Switch FC
2537-5587-9586
Those where the dark times Scamper. Dark times indeed....

I still find it ironic he ended up being one of the first post E3 veterans confirmed to return despite the general community's overconfidence that he was supposedly the first to go. :laugh:
It was like saying ROB was deconfirmed because he was an enemy in the SSE.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I normally wouldn't trust non-VG news outlets for video game news, though there are exceptions. Some journalists, even if they do not exclusively cover video games, actually bother to do some actual research on topics.

Shame that the quality of journalism overall has fallen over the last few years.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And he was removed in later iterations of it.

Just like Bayonetta in November.

It doesn't count if you stop predicting them. Especially when you went back and gave him 20% odds at best of being DLC months later.

After the temper tantrum you threw a while back over people in this thread not liking Kingdom Hearts, I really don't think you're in any sort of position to call people out for creating "unneeded tension and animosity".
Aaaaand you just proved my point.

I didn't throw any temperature tantrum, simply debated a little, but it was you who kept trying to make digs at people.

I didn't hold any grudge or amnosity towards anyone involved, I had no reason to.

But now here you are just looking for any opportunity to make digs at people and cause tension by bringing up dead discussions for no reason.

And I'm the one who "causes tension and amnosity"? Please.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I kinda hope no one latches on to the idea of Smash 4 NX Edition.
Just one small problem, people already have, has shown by some users who speculated about in these threads, nothing against them, but I'm sure them mentioning has made people latch onto the idea

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Last time we had multiple playable characters before Boom was Black Knight so it's sadly just spinoffs. Tired of just Sonic, I want his ****ty friends too
I don't care about the ****ty friends (Tails, Knuckles and Amy are the only relevant ones to make playable), I just don't want their ****ty gameplay attach to it.

Just make Sonic Adavnce 1 with different settings, newer power-ups and new abilities

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Still nowhere near as bad as this ultra-facepalm trainwreck from a couple months ago.
There have also been rumors swirling that Britney Spears will be another of the new Super Smash Bros characters. While Gamezone notes that Britney did star in a Gameboy Advanced game called Britney’s Dance Beat (characters must have been involved in a Nintendo game in some way to be in Super Smash Bros), the choice is still highly unlikely — but ’90s pop fans can dream, right?
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2414201/ne...o-be-revealed-in-october/#52WSDSbyDC4LD2rx.99
W O W .

It's garbage like this that makes me wonder why I bother putting effort into my job when I could be making a living slapping together random buzzwords for about five minutes and then calling it a day.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
D

Deleted member

Yeah, it's a bit petty to brag via username, but you know what? He paid real, American dollars to do so, so he has every right to.

In fact, I think I'ma go exercise some American-dollar rights myself.
Are you sure he wasn't one of the ones gifted Premium via the Blue-ening?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Honestly, the 3DS Boom game sold decently well and wet met with "meh" to positive reviews.
I don't see why they wouldn't make the sequel if the sequel is that close in gameplay and everything to be fairly low bdget.
There were some rumors that Sanzaru hasn't really been working on the game (which was the main reason it got delayed in the first place, but ofc they didn't tell us that).

Sure would be nice if I could find a link for that...

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Honestly, the 3DS Boom game sold decently well and wet met with "meh" to positive reviews.
I don't see why they wouldn't make the sequel if the sequel is that close in gameplay and everything to be fairly low bdget.
Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal sold 490,000 when added together.
While it is safe to assume Shattered Crystal sold more than Rise of Lyric, it by no means sold well.

The fact that there's a rumor the game hasn't been worked on in months makes me think there isn't much interest in the project, and wouldn't be surprised if it got scrapped altogether.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal sold 490,000 when added together.
While it is safe to assume Shattered Crystal sold more than Rise of Lyric, it by no means sold well.

The fact that there's a rumor the game hasn't been worked on in months makes me think there isn't much interest in the project, and wouldn't be surprised if it got scrapped altogether.
I didn't know, combined, it was that poor.
And I only said it sold decently, though that still looks unlikely.
I legitimately haven't heard of that rumor, either.
We'll see. I wouldn't be shocked if it was canceled but likewise I can perfectly see it just being a medicore title pushed out around summer.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
He actually was.

That day was so crazy due to how many people became BLUE.

And a trend followed because everyone else besides @Zoroarking @AreJay25 and @Awesomedude4444 became blue as well.

No one was safe after that day.
I haven't been corrupted yet, and don't worry friend, one day me and the others shall free this thread of the blue menace.

There were some rumors that Sanzaru hasn't really been working on the game (which was the main reason it got delayed in the first place, but ofc they didn't tell us that).

Sure would be nice if I could find a link for that...
Here's the forum thread talking about it, it should have a link to the blog as well, but my computer hates Sonic Stadium for some reason.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok new challenge guys.

Let me know when Sakurai has ever lied, and I'll research it.

It's better if you PM me, or send me a message on Twitter so I can keep better track of it.
This is btw a lot harder than it might sounds because from what I recall, all of his quotes are either his opinion / vision or actual facts that are right. Like even previous quotes where he did changed his mind, that;s not lying, it was his opinion and he changed it because he realised "Oh, there's stuff to do with this after all.....".

But congrats on the person that get this because it is hard :)

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

inb4 this is the anniversary game lol
George R. R. Martin's A Sonic Boom of Fire and Ice - In which half the cast is dead before the end, and the rest are secretly wishing they were.

Silver is coming.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic anniversary game should totally be Sonic Generations 2

Edit: Maybe you can play modern sonic, tails and knuckles

as well as past sonic, tails and knuckles

Each in the same style of levels