• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I hope that Sonic Team have actually been taking there time with this new anniversary game.
They haven't released a new one since Lost World and it seems as though they probably are putting a lot of focus on it.
Nearly 10 years ago we got Sonic Genesis and 06 as 15th anniversary titles. And they both got rushed to be released in the 15th anniversary deadline hence why they came out so terrible.
We also got Riders (The one that I thankfully got to play) and is without a doubt the best thing fro the anniversary an even spawned a spin off series. Which hasn't had a new one since Free Riders on the Kinect. :(
Hopefully one to celebrate it's 10 year anniversary :estatic:
I honestly hope they take Fan response and use it to make a great game. Like have Classic Sonic return to do the 2d side of things. Bring back Classic Knuckles and Tails and let them be part of 2d Gameplay.
Bring back Modern Tails and Knuckles as playable characters in 3d.
I just hope this game isn't rushed.

Chrono.

Sonic anniversary game should totally be Sonic Generations 2

Edit: Maybe you can play modern sonic, tails and knuckles

as well as past sonic, tails and knuckles

Each in the same style of levels

But with their own unique abilities
Only if the levels are based on other SEGA properties like Golden Axe and NiGHTS.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm waiting and seeing what they do, because they've made crap before. And I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

D

Deleted member

Can't wait for the next Sonic game with:

Modern Sonic
Dreamcast Sonic
Classic Sonic
Boom Sonic
Sonic the Werehog
Cinos (Bizarro Sonic)

featuring minor cameos of Tails and Knuckles!

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Modern Sonic
Dreamcast Sonic
Classic Sonic
Boom Sonic
Sonic the Werehog
Cinos (Bizarro Sonic)

OMG

It's totally really going to be main universe meets sonic boom isn't it

D

Deleted member

OMG

It's totally really going to be main universe meets sonic boom isn't it
They've already crossed over in comics and the Olympics (though it's just Sticks).
Next step would be main series vs. Boom counterparts.

With Boom Sonic becoming Super Sonic for the first time with Mainstream Sonic.

EMBRACE THE FUTURE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
10 years before this we had 06 and Genesis. Part of me wants to see if they can **** up like that again
That was a horrible game lmao. I'm glad I got rid of it after realizing how awful it was with the glitches and everything even though the story was pretty well done

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So for Christmas I got a $50 gamestop gift card. Do I get Xenoblade Chronicles X or put that money towards Fire Emblem Fates's Special Edition?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I didn't throw any temperature tantrum, simply debated a little, but it was you who kept trying to make digs at people.
Uhhh.....do you even remember how that debate went?

The one who started "making digs at people" was you. I didn't take a single personal shot at you throughout the entire debate; all I did was stay on topic.

Here, lemme refresh your memory:
http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...y-new-year-soon.422414/page-619#post-20588238

It was probably a good thing I brought this up, since you've got a very warped recollection of it. You completely swapped around who did what (you were just innocently debating and I started taking shots at you. Seriously, what? You basically called me an edgelord and then started putting words in my mouth one post later, saying I've "admitted to backing unpopular theories just for the sake of it", which I never said), and that really needs correcting.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
That was a horrible game lmao. I'm glad I got rid of it after realizing how awful it was with the glitches and everything even though the story was pretty well done
Story well done? Excuse me? '06 had an atrocious story with so many plotholes, a sun god of sorts, bestiality, messed up time travel, and none of that Sonic charm

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Uhhh.....do you even remember how that debate went?

The one who started "making digs at people" was you. I didn't take a single personal shot at you throughout the entire debate; all I did was stay on topic.

Here, lemme refresh your memory:
http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...y-new-year-soon.422414/page-619#post-20588238

It was probably a good thing I brought this up, since you've got a very warped recollection of it. You completely swapped around who did what (you were just innocently debating and I started taking shots at you. Seriously, what? You basically called me an edgelord and then started putting words in my mouth one post later, saying I've "admitted to backing unpopular theories just for the sake of it", which I never said), and that really needs correcting.
I really suggest dropping it and moving on.

:231:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'd go with Xenoblade but that's just me.
Any reason specifically? Looking for some input. I loved Xenoblade Chronicles but the lack of Shulk and the vision mechanic are off-putting.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Story well done? Excuse me? '06 had an atrocious story with so many plotholes, a sun god of sorts, bestiality, messed up time travel, and none of that Sonic charm
It was pretty well done for me with the stories minus what happens after that game

...but then again I was like 13 when it came out and didn't knew much about the internet so...

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

Modern Sonic
Dreamcast Sonic
Classic Sonic
Boom Sonic
Sonic the Werehog
Cinos (Bizarro Sonic)

Don't forget cameos by SatAM Sonic, Sonic X, and That OTHER Sonic Cartoon Sonic.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I've never seen a more awkward romantic story in a video game than that of Sonic and Elise. And I'd like to think that will forever be the case.

It wasn't even just the fact that it was a cartoon anthropomorphic hedgehog and a human girl. Everything about it was just off, they didn't even look like they belonged in the same game.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Any reason specifically? Looking for some input. I loved Xenoblade Chronicles but the lack of Shulk and the vision mechanic are off-putting.
There is a LOT of game to play, and the entire presentation is nothing short of impressive. The story's good, even the sidequests are decent enough to keep you engaged and actually wanting to do them, the environment is massive...

It's good. It's real good. Also you can use Shulk's voice for your main character, so if you really miss him that bad, you could theoretically design a look-alike and sound-alike with character creation.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You know, I always considered it funny how much crap 06 got for the whole 'beastiality' thing. Granted, the romantic subplot was poorly handled for other reasons, but many popular and beloved cartoons and video games have had relationships between human and anthropomorphic characters that had never got nearly as much scrutiny for it. Hell, Who Framed Roger Rabbit had a marriage between the two, yet that didn't stop it from being a very well received cartoon movie.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Level-5 is making another game to a very popular series!

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/12/2...r-game/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Development powerhouse Level-5 has told Japanese publication 4Gamer that they are currently working on a sequel to a very popular game. President Akihito Hino said he wouldn’t say which game it is they are working on, but he did mention that the company is working on a variety of games in 2016 which are based on new ideas. Among these games will be the sequel to a game in a very popular series. Hopefully it will come to Nintendo platforms, but we shall have to wait and see!
Please be Layton.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think if Roy and Lucina weren't in Smash, the salt over Corrin wouldn't have existed.

If the FE cast was just Marth, Ike, Robin and Corrin, the complaints would have been lesser: no clones, no amount of FE characters deemed as "excessive".

As a matter of fact, Robin and Corrin were actually characters wanted by the FE fanbase as far as movesets and gameplay concepts go. Magic users and transforming characters are a staple of the series that was absent in Smash Bros. up until now.

Though I question the direction the FE series had in the latest two games (especially Fates with the excessive fanservice), Robin and Corrin are a breath of fresh air when it comes to FE protagonists.

Most JRPG series have differing character casts and settings for each installment, so it's not too surprising that Xenoblade X did the same.

It's like not getting a Final Fantasy title just because there's no Cloud in it, you see. Or not getting Mother 3 because Ness isn't the main character. Same thing for other series like Tales, Dragon Quest and so on.

Chrono.

Ah, I've never played the original, so I can't compare them.

But I've been really enjoying my time with it, from the exploring, to the surprisingly engaging sidequests and the main story is pretty decent (though by no means anything groundbreaking, also I'm not done with it).

The battle system is fun as well, though I find myself thinking the Longsword class is ridiculously powerful oh and don't expect to wreck everything with Skells. Overdrive is fun once you know how to use it.

So far the game's downsides (for me) have been:
  • It doesn't explain a whole lot
  • Early game can be daunting to how terrible your initial Class is + enemies aggro'ing you everywhere
  • Outside of Elma and Lin, a lot of party members you get through the story are criminally underused
  • The amount of hidden enemies that jumpscare you, seriously, the game could give any cheap survival horror game a run for their money in that regard and it's not fun when said enemy is 40 levels above you, which brings me to my next point...
  • Running away from enemies is a problem, because you'll most likely end up aggroing other indigens, though once you get Skells it's easier

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's a shame I'll probably skip it.

For some reason a Persona and Fire Emblem crossover really just doesn't appeal to me (and my FE loving friends).
>This game
>Persona in anyway

Aside from Mirages similarities, this game is far from Persona at all and Ihate the comparison.

But what about Dancing All Night
That's a spinoff and a below average one at that and it just shows that P-Studio is willing to screw over the whole setting and premise of the game from every aspect.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So for Christmas I got a $50 gamestop gift card. Do I get Xenoblade Chronicles X or put that money towards Fire Emblem Fates's Special Edition?
I say Xenoblade? Why? This is the only reason you need

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
>This game
>Persona in anyway

Aside from Mirages similarities, this game is far from Persona at all and Ihate the comparison.

That's a spinoff and a below average one at that and it just shows that P-Studio is willing to screw over the whole setting and premise of the game from every aspect.
Fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom