• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I got several games for Christmas, some of which I don't really feel like touching right now.

Blops 3 is pretty good, Battlefront 3 disappointed me as expected, Guitar Hero Live takes an interesting perspective on the dead franchise but has a pretty bleh list of songs. I got Mario Maker but currently my gamepad is out of commision (I got parts :D). Haven't touched Okami, DKC Tropical Freeze, NSMB2 or Yoshi's New Island yet.

I ended up buying the Telltale Homestar Runner game on Steam and got a huge surge of nostalgia. Homestar was my fav back in grade school. Seriously considering rewatching the entire web series.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's better to take some precautions against these types of situations anyway.

Don't wanna get screwed over
But she could also use this to her advantage and when Pac-Man lunges at her, she uses her immunity to his Wakka-ing to stuff him inside her cosmos where he will float for the rest of his days.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But she could also use this to her advantage and when Pac-Man lunges at her, she uses her immunity to his Wakka-ing to stuff him inside her cosmos where he will float for the rest of his days.

That is a horrifying image of Pac-Man not gonna lie.
It's like the thing I'd see in a nightmare running towards me in a dark, narrow room.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I finally inboxes my PS4.

Was going to play Uncharted.

Do I need an HD TV to play it? I have one, but I prefer the CRT.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
PS4 doesn't have an AV component slot. CRT's don't support HDMI.

You need a HDTV/monitor.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Just finished playing Bayonetta. It was a great game, and I might go back to it some time at a higher difficulty. I felt like preforming certain combo's and remembering some was a bit of a problem though (Mashing buttons in hopes that a certain combo would come out). For the mean time however, I have Shovel Knight and Donkey Kong 64 to play, plus Bayonetta 2.

Also, having played through the game, I just remembered that this will be a song on the Clock Tower stage in ssb4.

Between this and Lets Dance Boys, Clock Tower is going to be my favorite stage to play on.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well...

Updated my avatar and sig.

I plan to get rid of the little Pokemon though...

I want to actually put it to use.

Maybe help with a kickstarter? I dunno.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So, after discovering lean turning (note how the player turns here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2waEhrqMprs by spamming lean into the direction they're turning), I ditched Fulcon Capital (nice reference to Captain Falcon with the name of one of the swaggest ships for the lower leagues), blasted through the rest of Hypersonic League, leaving the ultra-rubberbanding AIs in the dust, and beat the dev times on the Time Attacks by about 10 seconds each in varying machines.

On a high, I immediately hit online play, everyone, selected Spaarc Unlimited, and Alpine Trust. The load and connect times were insanely fast. Turns out I had to wait for these other two to finish racing before a bunch of others and I could join in, but I didn't have to wait long because after a few graphical glitches, the Wii U froze and emitted that loud whining sound. Now the speakers won't work, I'll unplug everything and plug them back in.

Soon, online foes, soon.

Though I'm probably gonna have to learn to use Rochdale Trust better, and probably this sick jump on Sendai Outpost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oauaviablDE
I'm a bit more iffy on learning the suicide skips (think checkpoint manipulating and flying in F-Zero) until they're confirmed okay by the dev. I don't wanna get banned for using them. I doubt this game will get updated again, though.

I best get comfy and keep up with the community, this is the only thing like F-Zero we're getting for a while, and it has online.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It is so weird seeing sticks with the regular looking Sonic characters
I guess they wanted to have a Boom representative. Though a part of me believes we could be seeing Sticks in the main series, due to the fact she has some Sonic Channel artwork and is rumored to be in Runners.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I told you guys that I moderate Max's stream right? I played Japanese Smash 3DS with him a lot when it came out so he and I are tight.

Seriously, I'm in his chat right now. :V

Wait...she did?

I have seen him there before, lol.
Fenriraga Fenriraga we should hang out next time Max streams! :D
I've actually seen Mako in a lot of comments sections myself, come to think of it.

Saw him while listening to Xenoblade music on YouTube and looking through the comments. And some other things I can't quite remember.
I make the rounds, apparently. .-.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
As someone who is a long time fan of the Mario & Sonic series even since the first game's release.
The first game was great fun and still has music that is just a joy to listen too.
Seeing Birdo, Diddy, Rosalina and Dry Bones getting into the roster is perfect.
Dunno why we only have 4 Koopalings though. Just feels rather odd.
:4larry::4wendy::4ludwig::4roy:Our Boy :p
I guess the same goes for the Deadly Six but they are pretty new so they don't feel as odd when separated.
Seeing Basically all of the heroes cast (Bar Big and Charmy) Getting in this game is amazing.
Seriously more Omega and Espio is never a bad thing and the new additions to the game have pretty great VA's too which is also a great plus.
Seeing the Riders characters getting in is great too :) And even Eggman Nega of all people is getting in.
Sticks is great addition too and she fits in perfectly with the regular cast.
The female characters in the game has had a serious bump in members.
This game is also going to have so many great musical remixes and I can't wait to own it, As it looks way better than previous iterations.
:4mario::4sonic:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As someone who is a long time fan of the Mario & Sonic series even since the first game's release.
The first game was great fun and still has music that is just a joy to listen too.
Seeing Birdo, Diddy, Rosalina and Dry Bones getting into the roster is perfect.
Dunno why we only have 4 Koopalings though. Just feels rather odd.
:4larry::4wendy::4ludwig::4roy:Our Boy :p
I guess the same goes for the Deadly Six but they are pretty new so they don't feel as odd when separated.
Seeing Basically all of the heroes cast (Bar Big and Charmy) Getting in this game is amazing.
Seriously more Omega and Espio is never a bad thing and the new additions to the game have pretty great VA's too which is also a great plus.
Seeing the Riders characters getting in is great too :) And even Eggman Nega of all people is getting in.
Sticks is great addition too and she fits in perfectly with the regular cast.
The female characters in the game has had a serious bump in members.
This game is also going to have so many great musical remixes and I can't wait to own it, As it looks way better than previous iterations.
:4mario::4sonic:
Lemmy is the best koopaling

Not getting game

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
E-123 Omega is in the game.

May have to buy it....

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So the current topic of late as we approach the end of this year - what are our favourite games of the year?
I'll probably tackle this by looking at various genres instead of all time, but I might have that prepared.
So Strider_Bond00J's top 3 of 2015:
1: Splatoon - A very fun and refreshing take on the shooter genre.
2: Super Mario Maker - Lots of freedom to explore making your own courses and even watch people do some creative stuff with their own levels - such as that 'Despair' course.
3: I'll just say MGSVTPP - although I've yet to finish the game and I might criticise it like everyone else (Because screw you, Konami. Go to hell with your oppression of gaming's finest, like Kojima), I've quite enjoyed going around and pulling off stealth missions like this. And I'm looking forwards to booting up MGS3 which I got for Christmas to see the origins of Big Boss.

I'll actually make a sort of Personal Top 3 for each genre - looking back on what were my favourite games within the genres this year... Eventually.

So for now I'll start with Top 3 RPGs, Top 3 Shooters, and Top 3 Fighters of 2015:
RPGs: 1: Xenoblade Chronicles X: Massive landscape, looks great, and another great entry to making a successful Xenoblade franchise.
2: Undertale: It's such a unique take on the RPG genre - The characters are great, scriptwriting's uniquely woven, soundtrack's great.
3: If everyone's calling it an RPG, I guess I'll say Fallout 4. There's such massive scope to the game, like XCX, and it's pretty cool to help rebuild society. (Also I quite enjoy playing as the female lead - especially when she's in the Power Armour and the Minigun -CRY SOME MORE!!)
Honoured mentions: Indivisible (Prototype), FFXIV:ARR Heavensward, and Opossum Opossum reminded me I need to finish Codename S.T.E.A.M.

Favourite Shooters of 2015:
1: Splatoon - Easily the best shooting game of 2015, especially since the genre needed something refreshing. Splatoon's lots of fun.
2: Destiny: The Taken King. I don't mind it. It's fun (Sparrow Racing... Ah, what fun)

Top 3 Fighters:
1: Mortal Kombat X - Erron Black for the win - Brutality.
2: Guilty Gear Xrd - Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock.
3: I'll say Touhou - Urban Legend in Limbo.

This won't be the last you see of me, Nintenzone - I'll be back soon to deliver more thoughts on what games I enjoyed this year, and give 2015 a sendoff post.

I got several games for Christmas, some of which I don't really feel like touching right now.

Blops 3 is pretty good, Battlefront 3 disappointed me as expected, Guitar Hero Live takes an interesting perspective on the dead franchise but has a pretty bleh list of songs. I got Mario Maker but currently my gamepad is out of commision (I got parts :D). Haven't touched Okami, DKC Tropical Freeze, NSMB2 or Yoshi's New Island yet.

I ended up buying the Telltale Homestar Runner game on Steam and got a huge surge of nostalgia. Homestar was my fav back in grade school. Seriously considering rewatching the entire web series.
Perhaps my favourite sbemail of all time has to be the Virus sbemail - and I really need to finish off the rest of the Strong Bad's Cool Game 4 Attractive People series. Got it all on my PC, all I just gotta do is just actually pick a time to play them!

So... in about a week or so, 2016 will be upon us. Yeah, I know. This year feels like it's gone super fast. Although, it's time for us to look into the future, to see what it brings and what Nintendo will manage to pull off.

This now begs a question Nintendo's been building up since early 2015, what is the Nintendo NX? We'll finally have that revealed to our very own eyes next year, most likely at E3 2016.

My big question for all of you is, what do you want to see out of the Nintendo NX? It's basically your wishlist for what you want in the console. I'm very interested in hearing all your ideas and opinions on the matter.
I think they'll try to go with a controller that's akin to the Wii U's Pro Controller - simple and effective, but perhaps provide a unique way to play games. Cause if that light mechanic in Tearaway works with the DualShock 4, then I can perhaps see there being motion control in some form, and what other thing Nintendo plans for the NX. Ah, that too - They keep the name NX as the official name.

Other predictions I have include backwards compatibility - larger Virtual Console lineup - Launch titles that demonstrate the uniqueness or other special features of the NX, and most importantly, if it's going to be either that infamous 'Handheld and Console at the same time' thing, and that it's just as good as the PS4 in terms of power.

And I just took a look at the trailer for Mario and Sonic at the Rio Olympics trailer - It looks like this might be the first time I'll be picking up the handheld version of the game. The line-up of characters is something impressive too! Especially if they're going to include Omega. And there's something about Bowser Jr riding a horse. Must have been his dad thinking he's getting too attached to the Koopa Kar, so he entered him into the Olympics to get him fit, otherwise face the wrath of :4wiifit:.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm just happy to see the damn roster expand. No new characters since 2009 is absolutely unacceptable. I'll keep my eye on it this time, at least.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Not gonna lie here.
If they made an Amiibo for this new M&S Game.
I think I would buy the entire line.
I kinda hope they do it now.
Because it basically covers nearly all the important characters from each side of the franchises.
This.
I need a Sonic amiibo line, and I need it now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not gonna lie here.
If they made an Amiibo for this new M&S Game.
I think I would buy the entire line.
I kinda hope they do it now.
Because it basically covers nearly all the important characters from each side of the franchises.
Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen

It's probably just going to use the existing amiibo's of characters

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
They really had no new characters since that long?

Wow
Yyyep. Metal Sonic, Silver, DK and Bowser Jr. were added in the first Winter Olympics and that was IT until this game. What is even more annoying is that in all the games after that, they had "Rival" characters that are almost completely compatible and playable when hacked into the events. In fact, most of the characters in this game have been rival characters since the first Winter Olympics.
It's preeeeetty dumb.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yyyep. Metal Sonic, Silver, DK and Bowser Jr. were added in the first Winter Olympics and that was IT until this game. What is even more annoying is that in all the games after that, they had "Rival" characters that are almost completely compatible and playable when hacked into the events. In fact, most of the characters in this game have been rival characters since the first Winter Olympics.
It's preeeeetty dumb.
Which rivals haven't been added to playable status yet?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Unfortunately I don't think that's going to happen

It's probably just going to use the existing amiibo's of characters
I hope not.
Because the numbers are stacked in Mario's favour.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::4yoshi::rosalina::4wario2::4dk::4diddy: Not to mention four new characters are essentially tied behind Jr.
:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4ludwig:
:4sonic:
Imagine it now.
Classic Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Birdo, Dry Bones, Nabbit.
Nearly the entire Sonic Heroes Cast, Silver, Blaze, Jet, Wave, Sticks (compatible with Rise of Lyric :p)
It's the most ingenious way of Nintendo and Sega getting more money out of me and many others.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It's preeeeetty dumb.
Yep - These newcomers have sold it for me already. Now that I remember - Jet and Omega were rivals and to respond to Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth , I think only King Boo is yet to be given a playable promotion. But that's from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom