• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Browserhax got updated for 3DS. Man, homebrew being easy again, feels nice to have region free and rom hacks and INFINITE PLAY COINS.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
So... in about a week or so, 2016 will be upon us. Yeah, I know. This year feels like it's gone super fast. Although, it's time for us to look into the future, to see what it brings and what Nintendo will manage to pull off.

This now begs a question Nintendo's been building up since early 2015, what is the Nintendo NX? We'll finally have that revealed to our very own eyes next year, most likely at E3 2016.

My big question for all of you is, what do you want to see out of the Nintendo NX? It's basically your wishlist for what you want in the console. I'm very interested in hearing all your ideas and opinions on the matter.
I just want to know if the console is the rumored hybrid it's supposed to be or not. That, and a look of at least some of its launch lineup (please don't suck as bad as the WiiU's please).

:094:

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So.

Subject.

Assist Trophy you'd add for your Bias 3rd Party?

With the fact that my bias choice would probably be Laharl for Disgaea, because I still want an Armsmaster kind of moveset and I just really like the series.

The Assist Trophy?

Prinny!

Prinnies are.... kinda the Goomba or Toad for the series. A mascot for it, but the lowest of low for classes and butt of many a joke. With... one unique bit for slapstick. They're the only unit that, when thrown... Explodes.

If we got Bonsly in Brawl that was an utterly deadly weapon when thrown, why not bring that kind of edge back!
My bias third party pick would go to Professor Layton, and the Assist Trophy would go to Emmy Altava, one of Layton's assistants in the prequel trilogy of the Layton series. I can see here being the bruiser type of AT, one that would rush toward foes and fight them one-on-one with agile kicks, since she is largely known for her physical combat skills in the Layton games.

You can find a picture of Emmy Altava in the spoilers tag below.

D

Deleted member

Browserhax got updated for 3DS. Man, homebrew being easy again, feels nice to have region free and rom hacks and INFINITE PLAY COINS.
I tried to use Browserhax sometime ago but it didn't work
Is the new update really that simple to install?

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You sir have saved me.

I was heartbroken when tubehax was patched, so I never got to install ironhax, but now I can and hooooray.

:happysheep:

@Zoroarking yeah, it is. Just did it myself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I tried to use Browserhax sometime ago but it didn't work
Is the new update really that simple to install?
There's gonna be a bunch of exploits, so far I've seen Browser exploit just released. You literally just go to the website on your 3DS and click the link at the bottom for which 3DS you have and instantly hacked. :D

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
It's good, it's really, really good.
I'm not a Star Wars fan (in fact, I never saw the original trilogy until a couple days ago), but I really enjoyed it.

SPOILERS
Han's death though :(

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want a new sig and Avatar....

But I'm not sure what to do....

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While I heavily used a flash cart on my original DS, I really have no interest doing it again on my 3DS.

There isn't a game not in my region that would make me really want to mod my 3DS to play it and the apps I've seen on the homebrew doesn't interest me.

Last edited:
Man.
I know the game gets beaten like a dead horse.
But any time I hear anyone saying bits about the game and its experience, it's been like 70% negative.
I liked the demo. . .except for the waiting and the counterattacks.

The waiting allegedly is patched and i guess comparing it to Valkyria over such a short period is my problem.

Im sure when I eventually get the game i will love it. . .eventually

I finished Space Dandy.

And I am so confused about everything.
Then you were watching it correctly.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, just like Corrin.
They will never be as likely as K.Rool.

Oh wait.
Did you really believe corrin was unlikely?

Also the amiibo should have given away k rool was gone

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

The waiting allegedly is larched and i guess comparing it to Valkyria over sich a short period is my problem.

Im sure when I eventually get the game i will love it.

I don't think I was.

I think the correct way to watch Dandy is probably to be high as ****.

Overall I'm not sure what I think of the show. Either way I did really like it, but I think Season 1 was probably better IMO. It was more "to the point" and I think the jokes were more consistent, and overall it was just easier to follow and the show had a simpler appeal at that point.

Season 2 was still good but I don't think it had as many great episodes, and while I get what it was doing, by basically building up to the ending with what is essentially one massively built up to punchline, as funny as that punchline is, the confusion I had in some of the earlier episodes in that Season (like the Limbo planet one), kinda makes me think it should have stuck to the Season 1 formula, maybe bringing back some characters for a second episode.

I guess the best way to put it is that I think it's a great show and Season 1 is a blast, but Season 2 gets a bit weird and while I get what they were going for, I still preferred the simpler, straight to the point formula of Season 1.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If Bayonetta was (hypothetically) scrapped because of the rating system, we would have no ballot character at all and we would've seen major complaints from the Smash community, so he was kind of in a forced, interesting situation. Thankfully Bayonetta was one of the most negotiable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Might I ask why? After their surge in popularity and the fact that there's evidence of them being playable at one point, I don't see why you think they do.
You mean the bandwagoners that hopped on a rumor that turned out to be false?

No one supported him before that

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So guys...my niece informed me that she's into Pokemon and she's only 7. This was my reaction upon hearing that

Burruni

Smash Hero

The waiting allegedly is patched and i guess comparing it to Valkyria over such a short period is my problem.

Im sure when I eventually get the game i will love it. . .eventually

I am still upset SEGA screwed the pooch about never releasing 3 or re-releasing 2 because "hurr durr it sold bad outside japan." Maybe, y'know, not for the quality of the game BECAUSE YOU PUT IT ON THE PSP!
THE ONLY THING THAT COULD'VE BEEN WORSE IS THE VITA

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You mean the bandwagoners that hopped on a rumor that turned out to be false?

No one supported him before that
However they did get massive popularity after, notice how many supporters they had after the rumor. (And most of the supporters I know actually did play the game) And that still doesn't answer the question of why you think they have no chance, it's plural, not singular.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
However they did get massive popularity after, notice how many supporters they had after the rumor. (And most of the supporters I know actually did play the game) And that still doesn't answer the question of why you think they have no chance, it's plural, not singular.
Because it's just not happening

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If Bayonetta was (hypothetically) scrapped because of the rating system, we would have no ballot character at all and we would've seen major complaints from the Smash community, so he was kind of in a forced, interesting situation. Thankfully Bayonetta was one of the most negotiable.
Well... No.

We would have gotten one. It'd just be the next lowest character that could work.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Because it's just not happening
That's some of the worst logic I've heard in my life, you don't think it's happening because you don't want it to? That makes absolutely no sense, it's basically as if I said Shovel Knight isn't happening because I think his armor looks dumb, see how that makes no sense?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's some of the worst logic I've heard in my life, you don't think it's happening because you don't want it to? That makes absolutely no sense, it's basically as if I said Shovel Knight isn't happening because I think his armor looks dumb, see how that makes no sense?
No, I don't care if it happens or not

It's just not

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
He didn't say he didn't want it to...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While :4bayonetta: was censored visually, I'm still surprised her moveset wasn't. She still feels like Bayonetta even with the tone down.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Apparently the Wii U is also getting some sort of exploit soon (if I understood correctly) sometime around new year. I hope I get to do some programming at some point.....

Thanks for the heads up btw.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well... I just don't see that being the case. He specifically stated that he didn't want DLC to feel as if it was scrapped content at all.

Plus, the team is fully capable of making three to four fighters at once. They developed Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy and Ryu nearly in the same time span. So the team still had the capacity to make huge amounts of content in the same time frame. So, I doubt any of the fighters were planned/scrapped for the base game.

If Bayonetta was truly scrapped from the base game, I think we would've heard about it from Sakurai's Latest Famitsu Column.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well... No.

We would have gotten one. It'd just be the next lowest character that could work.
Thing is, if they already got the easy negotiations to produce Bayonetta, the last thing Sakurai would need to worry about is the rating system. In this case It'd be either ballot character or nothing if the rating system was a serious problem and hypothetically couldn't be done.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Thing is, if they already got the easy negotiations to produce Bayonetta, the last thing Sakurai would need to worry about is the rating system. In this case It'd be either ballot character or nothing if the rating system was a serious problem and hypothetically couldn't be done.
Swamp's point was if rating somehow prevented the inclusion of :4bayonetta:, the contracting wouldn't have been done in the first place.

She would be a "non-negotiable" character because the means to get her in the game couldn't be done.

We'd then move to another highly requested character to be done before she was truly worked on.

Like Inklings.
Or K. Rool.
Or Isaac.
Or Bandana dee.

:salt: Yeah I still feel like she shouldn't have taken priority. :salt:

D

Deleted member

There's gonna be a bunch of exploits, so far I've seen Browser exploit just released. You literally just go to the website on your 3DS and click the link at the bottom for which 3DS you have and instantly hacked. :D
Do you have to download the starter pack first or not?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well... No.

I think Fumi means that if Bayonetta was scrapped mid-development by the rating board, since mid-development is the only point they reasonably could deem her inappropriate for the game. In which case, we actually would have missed out on a ballot character, most likely. Sakurai made it clear he had a limited budget for DLC and that the team could only be held onto for a certain amount of time. If they scrapped the last character mid-development, especially given just how complex Bayonetta is, then yeah, there likely wouldn't be another character after Corrin, since they already spent their budget and cannot make the profits from their work due to having an inability to sell it. The best you could hope for at that point would be that they would take a ballot choice that could easily work as a clone of an existing fighter.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm only half way through my work day and my body is already aching

At least it's my friday

Bayonetta being a scrapped character then being made the "ballot winner? "

Thats just plain crazy . . .

EDIT
Ive been bamboozled

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The heck? Where did this come from?
I believe someone brought up the topic on the last page about the team possibly scrapping Bayonetta for the base game and then just finishing her for the ballot. So... I just made a strawpoll about that to see what people thought :p.

EDIT: Or... I might have worded the strawpoll wrong. Either way, I don't think she was in the base game at all lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom