• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I believe someone brought up the topic on the last page about the team possibly scrapping Bayonetta for the base game and then just finishing her for the ballot. So... I just made a strawpoll about that to see what people thought :p.

EDIT: Or... I might have worded the strawpoll wrong. Either way, I don't think she was in the base game at all lol.
You're misunderstanding. The idea brought up was the possibility of Bayonetta needing to be scrapped mid-development, resulting in us not getting a ballot winner because too much time was spent on a character they ultimately couldn't implement. All in regards to DLC, not base game.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You're misunderstanding. The idea brought up was the possibility of Bayonetta needing to be scrapped mid-development, resulting in us not getting a ballot winner because too much time was spent on a character they ultimately couldn't implement. All in regards to DLC, not base game.

Welp. That was an embarrassing moment. Should have paid attention to the actual discussion than just jumping aboard like a mad man. Thanks for reminding me though =). I think it's time I get something to eat lol.

I voted yes, why?

Because if I remember correctly Sakurai stated once that he considered Bayonetta, but ultimately dropped her. Not sure where I heard it but I think it was from @RogersBase.
Well, it would've been on Source Gaming's website if Sakurai said she considered before hand. So I see Rogers Base saying that unlikely (although if you could show proof, that'd be nice.)

Also, a considered fighters is just a mere thought. Just because Banjo & Kazooie were considered for Melee, doesn't mean they were locked into the original roster plan lol.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Welp. That was an embarrassing moment. Should have paid attention to the actual discussion than just jumping aboard like a mad man. Thanks for reminding me though =). I think it's time I get something to eat lol.

Well, it would've been on Source Gaming's website if Sakurai said she considered before hand. So I see Rogers Base saying that unlikely (although if you could show proof, that'd be nice.)

Also, a considered fighters is just a mere thought. Just because Banjo & Kazooie were considered for Melee, doesn't mean they were locked into the original roster plan lol.
If I remember correctly Sakurai stated once that he considered Bayonetta, but ultimately dropped her. Not sure where I heard it from but I think it was from @RogersBase.

The key word here is CONSIDERED.
Sorry, it's been edited. Plus I don't remember the exact thing it was from, it was just a memory.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so after beating chapter 3 in Xenoblade chronicles x i:
became batman,
recruited H(edeio) B(ojima),
and beat a skell in a fist fight
never ask me how or why things happen to me

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Sorry, it's been edited. Plus I don't remember the exact thing it was from, it was just a memory.
Like I explained, a considered fighter is just a mere thought. You were reiterating something I already knew the meaning about. Nothing wrong with that, but I explained it in my last post :p.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well Lego Dimensions just confirmed one of Portal's most disturbing theories

That companion cubes contain dead bodies.

After all those FNaF theories got derailed I bet MattPatt will be glad to hear it.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got into playing some MK8 again (hence the new avatar) since my friend got it. I took a load of screenshots, mostly of Rosalina, some being funny/pretty/sexy, others actually pointing out subtle details.

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this one though.

Poor Daisy's been seein' some desperate times lately...it's making her become creepy...

Chrono.

After all those FNaF theories got derailed I bet MattPatt will be glad to hear it.
I doubt the canocity of a Lego game.

Strofirko

Smash Master
There's no way I'm going to say Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE, that's too long of a name so I abreviated it.
Just use #FE
I got into playing some MK8 again (hence the new avatar) since my friend got it. I took a load of screenshots, mostly of Rosalina, some being funny/pretty/sexy, others actually pointing out subtle details.

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this one though.

Poor Daisy's been seein' some desperate times lately...it's making her become creepy...
Black dark daisy confirmed for mk9.

I am still surprised they took portal and not TF2 like every generic western developer in contact with valve.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I have Paper Jam, and have been playing through it, and I have to say its enjoyable, except for 1 thing, that being Starlow. Look if you like her fine. But the fact is for me, I heavily dislike the fact she makes jabs about Luigi, and doubts his heroics, when she has seen them first hand, and to be quite frank she is very annoying as the tutorial guide.

How I wish Stuffwell was the guide in Paper Jam, at least he wasn't mean to Luigi...

Also him being an E.Gadd invention really makes me like him.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
My soul as been consume by Xenoblade, this game is to good for my own good.

And what's up with Bayo and the scrapped stuffs? I'm too lazy to read back so could someone resume for me please?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My soul as been consume by Xenoblade, this game is to good for my own good.

And what's up with Bayo and the scrapped stuffs? I'm too lazy to read back so could someone resume for me please?
Me too, my sig should say as much.

Also some of us were just saying how if Bayonetta was scrapped mid-development due to ratings board interference or something, we probably would not have received a ballot character as DLC.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Also some of us were just saying how if Bayonetta was scrapped mid-development due to ratings board interference or something, we probably would not have received a ballot character as DLC.
Ah ok, it's all hypotheticall. I thought it was some kind of rumour or something. Thanks:)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I decided to watch Maximilian's Christmas video and who do I see in the comment section

image.png

@DarkMakoPS1 I know your Sonia avatar from anywhere

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I decided to watch Maximilian's Christmas video and who do I see in the comment section

View attachment 89757
I've actually seen Mako in a lot of comments sections myself, come to think of it.

Saw him while listening to Xenoblade music on YouTube and looking through the comments. And some other things I can't quite remember.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Fumi means that if Bayonetta was scrapped mid-development by the rating board, since mid-development is the only point they reasonably could deem her inappropriate for the game. In which case, we actually would have missed out on a ballot character, most likely. Sakurai made it clear he had a limited budget for DLC and that the team could only be held onto for a certain amount of time. If they scrapped the last character mid-development, especially given just how complex Bayonetta is, then yeah, there likely wouldn't be another character after Corrin, since they already spent their budget and cannot make the profits from their work due to having an inability to sell it. The best you could hope for at that point would be that they would take a ballot choice that could easily work as a clone of an existing fighter.
I understand. I'm just saying that Bayonetta wouldn't have gotten that far if ratings were a problem.

And since Sakurai had already promised us a ballot character, we would have gotten one regardless.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I understand. I'm just saying that Bayonetta wouldn't have gotten that far if ratings were a problem.

And since Sakurai had already promised us a ballot character, we would have gotten one regardless.
Well he did state that there were actually concerns and worries, so Bayonetta being cut due to the ratings boards was a possibility. Like how Palutena almost delayed the game.

And while it's all well and good that Sakurai made that promise, if he was backed into a corner like that, then he wouldn't really have a choice. Stuff like that is all too possible, and at the end of the day, it's probably best not to make such specfic promises during game/content development.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If I remember correctly Sakurai stated once that he considered Bayonetta, but ultimately dropped her. Not sure where I heard it from but I think it was from @RogersBase.

The key word here is CONSIDERED.
Unless @RogersBase can show a source, then it's not true.

Because this is the first time I've ever heard of Bayonetta being "considered" for Smash. Otherwise, I would have her listed in the Definitive Unused Fighter List. So please tell me if you (or anyone else) finds information that's not referenced in there. That post is for the community, to sweep away the bull****.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Unless @RogersBase can show a source, then it's not true.

Because this is the first time I've ever heard of Bayonetta being "considered" for Smash. Otherwise, I would have her listed in the Definitive Unused Fighter List. So please tell me if you (or anyone else) finds information that's not referenced in there. That post is for the community, to sweep away the bull****.
Sorry Push, I'm not sure where I heard it from. :/

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sorry Push, I'm not sure where I heard it from. :/
No worries! If you ever hear it again, link that article and tell them to send me proof. I haven't read/watched everything Sakurai has ever written ever, but I do own (almost) all his columns and (almost) all of the original Japanese interviews. So...if people tell me that I missed something I can very easily confirm it or deny it.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well he did state that there were actually concerns and worries, so Bayonetta being cut due to the ratings boards was a possibility. Like how Palutena almost delayed the game.
Wait...she did?

View attachment 89757
I have seen him there before, lol.
@DarkMakoPS1 we should hang out next time Max streams! :D

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wait...she did?

This is what ChikoLad ChikoLad is referring to, I believe.
To tell the truth…Going through the ratings board for each country/region was extremely difficult. In particular, Japan’s rating board was very strict on Bayonetta’s sexy antics, and there were many times where I thought “You’re not even going to let this through?”
Source

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Been replaying Bayonetta 1, and this game feels way too fast- especially after coming off of Bloodborne.

Oh and **** QTE's.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I jut spent the last hour fixing up my room a bit. In doing so I rearranged a few things and created a better display for my amiibo. I also finished my lego millennium falcon set! It looks really good and is one of my favorite sets currently. Here's some
pics
WIN_20151227_21_46_43_Pro.jpg

And I think my reorganizing actually helped tidy up the space my amiibos are in. I also tried to match them next to the other sets I have from Star Wars. I think my R.O.B. amiibo is in the best spot lol.

WIN_20151227_22_59_12_Pro.jpg

WIN_20151227_23_00_25_Pro.jpg

I like this setup but may change it in future if get more amibo and then need to reorganize the space they are in.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
*Gets gift card for Christmas*

"Sweet, let's buy some stuff from the eShop"

*Puts in information, card apparently can't be accepted*

*Gift card registers this as a purchase for some reason, now I'm $20 short*

*Have to wait for the $20 to be refunded, which can take several days*

why the hell did this happen to me

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
*Gets gift card for Christmas*

"Sweet, let's buy some stuff from the eShop"

*Puts in information, card apparently can't be accepted*

*Gift card registers this as a purchase for some reason, now I'm $20 short*

*Have to wait for the $20 to be refunded, which can take several days*

why the hell did this happen to me

I'm sorry. It was an impulse. It just happened. I swear.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait...she did?

Push answered the Bayonetta side of that quote, but if you were referring to the Palutena comment I made, there actually was a Source Gaming article in relation to the subject.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/18/cero-and-palutenas-censorship/

Interviewer: Well, that’s, uh… Are they checking for panty shots?

Sakurai: Precisely. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U almost didn’t make its scheduled release date because of ratings issues. We had to revise Palutena and Wonder Pink’s models over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom