• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

My Top 3 of the year:

3. Super Mario Maker
2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
1. Xenoblade Chronicles X

Honorable mentions: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, Mortal Kombat X, WWE 2K16, Freedom Planet and Arkham Knight.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I won't list GOTY's since I have yet to play Yoshi's Woolly World, and I want to get Codename STEAM, Shovel Knight, and Fast Racing NEO.

Though Rodea Wii would probably be one for me. I guess I'll say it's my GOTY right now.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Top 3:

3. Super Mario Maker
2. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
1. Splatoon

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So what do you think the chances for these guys are in the next game?

I feel them to be pretty much shoo-in.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I kinda doubt that, unless they get a large role in a new game.

I was never one to think a Rhythm Heaven rep was likely. I could see a stage being more likely, with it featuring many characters from the game.

Chrono.

Rythym Heaven could be our :4wiifit: for SSB5.
Nah, people are expecting a Rhythm Heaven character now.

A WFT needs to blindside people, so someone from say... Style Savvy (or Baito or Monita) would probably fit that role better.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
10/10 for me.
Undertale and the great Undertale fandom.
The Smash hype train and getting Bayonetta.
Being introduced to Yo-Kai Watch.
Today was a great year for me, even though many bad things have happened to the gaming industry. (Iwata's death being one of them)
Way better than 2014 IMO.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
10/10 for me.
Undertale and the great Undertale fandom.
The Smash hype train and getting Bayonetta.
Being introduced to Yo-Kai Watch.
Today was a great year for me, even though many bad things have happened to the gaming industry. (Iwata's death being one of them)
Way better than 2014 IMO.
You lived your entire year in a day? :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'll care about the next Smash title once Nintendo actually announces one is in the works.

Until then, I'll live with the upcoming last batch of 3DS/Wii U DLC and look forward to Super Smash Flash 2 & Super Smash Bros. Crusade news/demos.

D

Deleted member

Top 3 GOTY? Have a 100% bias-free list
1-EOIIU: The Fafnir Knight
(2-Xenoblade Chronicles X[I haven't plahed it but I'm pretty sure it'll go here])
2-Super Mario Maker
3-Splatoon

Splatoon is just there because it's literally the only other game I played from this year
It's fun but not that much
the great Undertale fandom
Warning: Tumblr

Last edited by a moderator:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
You have poor taste in Rhythm Heaven options.

Now this is the duo that should get in.
I now have an image of Bayonetta and the Wrestler posing when taunting.

I think I've decided on what Rythem Heaven character I would definitely want playable in Smash.

(2-Xenoblade Chronicles X[I haven't plahed it but I'm pretty sure it'll go here])
2-Super Mario Maker
3-Splatoon

Splatoon is just there because it's literally the only other game I played from this year

I saw this a couple hours ago. I never understand the reason for these existing. I don't even know why those genders are given to Characters, when there's nothing even specifying that in game for most of them. The art also doesn't look appealing, but that's just me.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't know if I have GOTYs: namely that I didn't play many games from this year.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
2-Super Mario Maker
3-Splatoon

You should check out /r/Undertale. There's lots of content that the community makes that is so awesome.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
IMO Rhythm Heaven doesn't come across as a very character driven franchise so it'd be hard to pick a rep.

Ya know... The one that's appeared in every game from Tengoku to Best Plus?

Edit: Forgot about this guy,

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Top 3 games this year:
1. Witcher 3
2. Bloodborne
3. Transformers Devastation

Overall gaming this year sucked.
Far too many disappointments like Nintendo's E3 and stuff like Arkham Knight, Battlefront and Splatoon. This is further marred by every other game I've played aside from my Top 3 being disappointing in certain aspects. And that's before mentioning Iwata's death.
So a 1/10 really.
At least Smash DLC was good though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
however there's also :squirtle::ivysaur:
I really think the only reason they didn't come back is because
A) Roster would be :squirtle::ivysaur::4charizard::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo::4lucario::4greninja: (Something-Something "As much reps as Mario for a 2nd Party", Something-Something "TOO MUCH GEN 1 FOR ME" even those reasons are more bull**** then Shadow Lugia's catch rate, Pokemon is huge and I really miss Squirtle and Ivy)
B) :4charizard: is the more popular of the three so priority I guess
C) Considering :4bowserjr: and the Clones were added in the nick of time, we probably would've gone 3 Newcomers (1 in Clown Car, 2 in Lucina / Dark Pit) and 1 Veteran (Doc) less which makes the Roster overall smaller
D) :popo: / :pt: shared the same fate, 3DS

But Smash Hacking has risen up so (Hopefully) something like Brawl- will bring back :squirtle::ivysaur::pichumelee::wolf: and maybe, just maybe, :popo: (If done on the Wii U version)

I miss Squirtle ; _;

D

Deleted member

Speaking of 2015 GOTY
Rabbidluigi brings a new video
Still waiting for ProJared's list tho

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
GameXplain discuss their Top 3 GotYs

For the lazy:
Ash:
3rd Place: Yoshi's Woolly World
2nd Place: Freedom Planet
1st Place: Rocket League

Derrick
3rd Place: Until Dawn
2nd Place: Splatoon
1st Place: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Andre:
3rd Place: Rocket League
2nd Place: Super Mario Maker
1st Place: Splatoon

They also have some honorable mentions like Dragon Quest Heroes, Codename STEAM and Persona 4 Dancing All Night

What are you guys' Top 3 of the year?
My top 3 (from the games I played):
1) Splatoon
2) Super Mario Maker
3) Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

I could see them being implemented if Sakurai, or whoever else will be in charge of Smash 5, wants to add more fighters that have the multiple fighter aspect to them similar to Ice Climbers. or maybe you could have the conductor control the Chorus Kids, similar to what the Tower of Leak suggested a while back, in a way like Olimar and Pikmin or Rosalina and Luma.

Otherwise, I think Marshal has a better shot for the Rhythm Heaven rep. He's arguably the mascot of the Rhythm Heaven series, and even his design is inspired from the Chorus Kids. Being the mascot character, I could see Marshal using various elements from the Rhythm Heaven mini games similar to how Mr. Game and Watch uses different elements from the Game and Watch games to represent them all as a whole.

Chrono.

Speaking of 2015 GOTY
Rabbidluigi brings a new video
Still waiting for ProJared's list tho
Called Undertale being first, knew that MGSV being unfinished would hurt it a bit (despite what he said earlier).

And I'm finally glad someone is looking past the horrible PC port of Arkham Knight.

Looks like Steam just got ****ed up again.

There seems to be a belief it was a DDoS and they cant get info . .but I would keep half an eye on your data anyway >_>

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I wonder how the future will treat :4lucina::4robinm::4corrin:. Many years have passed since their introduction, but :4marth: and :4myfriends: still remain as fan favorite Smash and FE characters. I doubt loss of relevance would really affect characters with unique movesets, otherwise :4jigglypuff: and :4sheik: would have been cut... however there's also :squirtle::ivysaur:
FE (and Pokémon for that matter) are going to be very interesting to see how they're dealt with, because you have a lot of characters that reasonably could stay (even Lucina has strong merits by this point), but it's at a point where someone could get cut because of roster balance and limited time and resources. As much as we hate to admit it, not everything goes smoothly with development and some characters do fall to the wayside depending on how well things go for them, and that's why we have gotten the cuts we've seen over the course of Brawl and Smash 4. This is especially the case when you add newcomers into the fold as those can also takes time and resources over other veterans, leaving them with even less priority.

So I feel this is a situation where we'll have to wait and see where things go, because depending on how things develop, we can easily lose any of those veterans (excluding obviously Marth) to those issues, and it just depends on how much development goes their way as the game is being made.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Ya know... The one that's appeared in every game from Tengoku to Best Plus?

Edit: Forgot about this guy,
Thread rules:
1. Large images (Images that stretch a normal text post) must be put into spoiler tags.
Tone down on the large images, s'il vous plait.
Put 'em in spoiler tags if need be.
What are you guys' Top 3 of the year?
1. Super Mario Maker (Even though I never played it yet)
2. Yoshi's Woolly World
3. Splatoon
POOCHY AIN'T STUPID :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Speaking of ProJared, his DnD videos are making me want to play some tabletop RPG
Too bad my friends can't focus on one thing for more than an hour

Burruni

Smash Hero
Listen.

I'm a pretty big fan of Rhythm Heaven.

Here's my stance with them and Smash 5.

When it comes to NEW series to be represented, either via stage or character, they're definitely one of the top of the list.
With every Smash title, we've gotten some more niche series put in.

:ness64::falcon64: :marthmelee: :olimar::4shulk: (INSERT :4ISAAC: AND :4INKLING: & :4INKLINGM: HERE)

Of them Rhythm Heaven has been one of the more suggested ones by fans, especially with the stronger Japanese fanbase.

For that kind of new series to step up, the BIGGEST one clearly is Splatoon, but otherwise....

Golden Sun: In a purgatory despite demand.

Advance Wars: Intelligence Systems is currently cramming all their eggs into the Fire Emblem basket.

Custom Robo: In a worse position than Golden Sun or Advance Wars.

Chibi Robo: WHO CAN SAY WHERE THE WIND BLOWS. WHERE THE ROAD GOES. ONLY TI~IME!

A lot of the "bigger" series have been plagued by becoming dormant and questionable for any rebirth.

The other contenders to note are things like... Pushmo and Dillon's Rolling Western (pretty sure it got announced for a sequel).

It's one of the best standing new series, and with lingering smash demand that got sparked up by the leak making it seem like a more plausible idea for silent fans and... of course, many bandwagoners.

We'll see, but I remain hopeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom