• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So i want to get into final fantasy.So if i wanted a good starting point which one would you gys recommened. 6,7 or 9

Chrono.

I'm surprised not many expected Rosalina, I always thought she was kind of an obvious pick, same goes for Villager. On other ends, I was kinda surprised to see Little Mac and Megaman.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh actually, speaking of what we thought the newcomer pool was, I managed to dig up this fossil.

It was from a thread about what we all thought the newcomer/returning veteran pool would be for the new game, as in, if any characters got in, they'd come from this pool. This was my version of that pool. You can tell it's old because the Roster Maker lacked colored backgrounds, and Awakening didn't get a localization announcement yet, so Awakening was still Kakusei and Chrom was still Krom. :p

In the end I got Bowser Jr., Palutena, Roy and Mewtwo's return, Little Mac, Shulk, Miis, Mega Man, and Pac-Man, but missed Villager (for the whole "Sakurai said he can't fight" thing I mentioned), Wii Fit Trainer (...obviously), Rosalina (I didn't view her as that big of a contender until 3D World, but I did support her), Greninja (he didn't exist yet), Robin and Lucina (Chrom was the way to go and still is), and Duck Hunt (I thought one of those other three retros would make it :p). And all four DLC newcomers. Not too bad, all things considered.

Khoru

Smash Champion
So i want to get into final fantasy.So if i wanted a good starting point which one would you gys recommened. 6,7 or 9
6 or 7 would be fine, although the malleability of 7's characters (there's very little difference outside of limit breaks) may teach some bad habits
4's also good because it's pretty much the fundamentals
9 is a bad entry point because it relies a lot on nods to previous games, namely 1-6

Chrono.

Oh actually, speaking of what we thought the newcomer pool was, I managed to dig up this fossil.

It was from a thread about what we all thought the newcomer/returning veteran pool would be for the new game, as in, if any characters got in, they'd come from this pool. This was my version of that pool. You can tell it's old because the Roster Maker lacked colored backgrounds, and Awakening didn't get a localization announcement yet, so Awakening was still Kakusei and Chrom was still Krom. :p

In the end I got Bowser Jr., Palutena, Roy and Mewtwo's return, Little Mac, Shulk, Miis, Mega Man, and Pac-Man, but missed Villager (for the whole "Sakurai said he can't fight" thing I mentioned), Wii Fit Trainer (...obviously), Rosalina (I didn't view her as that big of a contender until 3D World, but I did support her), Greninja (he didn't exist yet), and Duck Hunt (I thought one of those other three retros would make it :p). And all four DLC newcomers. Not too bad, all things considered.
Oh yeah, I also thought Zoroark had a chance >_> Meanwhile Bowser Jr completely slipped from my radar.

That being said, I'm glad this wasn't the character pool for this game. There's a lot of characters here I really don't care about (and the ones that did get chosen were ones I like, Jr. aside).

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly just skip 1-3, not much to gain there besides reminiscing in the roots.
4 is one of the most well recieved games, but is known for being one of the more difficult.
5 is a bit more lukewarm in fandom, but has the most expansive character creativity for your teambuilding with the expansive Job System, which basically is what Bravely Default took.
6 is the most like a traditional JRPG, and considered largely to be with 4 to be like top 3 for the series, top 2 for the Nintendo Era. Proooobably the easiest to get into unless you do a challenge run.
7 has aged like old Milk but is still solid, just difficult to navigate at times and falls onto one of the easiest games imo.
8, as much as I love it, is very unorthadox for the series.
9 is effectively "Classic, Final FANTASY." Without a lot of the industrial kind of edge seen in 7 and 8. A bit underappreciated because it came out at the twilight of the PS1 but it's, in my opinion, the best of the PS1 Era titles.
10 is the last "true" FF game that played by the main rules. Kinda mixed appeal. (Double Edit: I call FF9 the last classic game because except for your one token race of non-humans, FFX is a very kind of cut-and-dry jrpg without the kind of mysticalness and life you see in games like 4-6 and 9 and the sphere grid system really just feels out of place for the series. 12 takes the game to a simulated mmo kind of realtime jrpg with the same amount of menu navigation and 13 feels more like a Xenosaga game than Final Fantasy)
12 and 13.... are wat they are.

Edit: Either tonight or tomorrow I'm going to post my rant on why FF12 is the worst of the series.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

In the end I got Bowser Jr., Palutena, Roy and Mewtwo's return, Little Mac, Shulk, Miis, Mega Man, and Pac-Man, but missed Villager (for the whole "Sakurai said he can't fight" thing I mentioned), Wii Fit Trainer (...obviously), Rosalina (I didn't view her as that big of a contender until 3D World, but I did support her), Greninja (he didn't exist yet), and Duck Hunt (I thought one of those other three retros would make it :p). And all four DLC newcomers. Not too bad, all things considered.
Huh Zoroark and Chrom. I remember those days. Mind you at least he got a Pokeball spot and Chrom well.
I'm happy most of these got in and even more happy that some of them have a good chance for the next iteration (Think Takamaru is very possible)
I'm particularly happy that JR got in. Back in Brawl when I first got it I always wondered why he wasn't in the roster.
And I find it particularly funny about this Trend of how the Double Dash Duo's where added :p
:dk64::bowsermelee::diddy::4bowserjr:

D

Deleted member

Huh Zoroark and Chrom. I remember those days. Mind you at least he got a Pokeball spot and Chrom well.
I'm happy most of these got in and even more happy that some of them have a good chance for the next iteration (Think Takamaru is very possible)
I'm particularly happy that JR got in. Back in Brawl when I first got it I always wondered why he wasn't in the roster.
And I find it particularly funny about this Trend of how the Double Dash Duo's where added :p
:dk64::bowsermelee::diddy::4bowserjr:
Wait.....

:dk64::bowsermelee::wario::diddy::4bowserjr::5waluigi:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I saw him viewed as unlikely all over the place. I didn't really lurk here at the time( I joined after Rosalina), so I didn't come the smashboards members views to much. I always wound up and would read the old leaks thread after searching smash leaks in google lol.

And then eventually I joined!
I remember I found my way to SmashBoards through the Project M website when 3.0 came out. Then instead of lurking on just that section of the board, I started lurking the Smash 4 section of the board and their social thread. Good times indeed.

I didn't really pay much attention to the website until the ESRB Leaks happened. That's when I started lurking the Smash 4 section more closely to find more information about them. I couldn't get into the leak groups though since I wasn't a member at the time.

Then I have fond memories of when Tower of Smash happened along with the Smash 3DS Datamine which frankly caused a lot of confusion in this forum. Along with the theories shrouding its mystery.

Right around Apex 2015 is when I finally signed up for SmashBoards. It was actually because I thought about having a Smash Tournament at my school and was originally just going to post about that, but I dropped the idea entirely due to low motivation. That's when I got caught up in the speculation about additional content passed Mewtwo. My favorite memory is when people thought something major was going to happen at APEX 2015 and it caused a lot of speculation and hype, but then it just turned out to be Splatoon appearing there lol.

Then the infamous Rayman Leak happened. I remember seeing it posted in a locked thread that was in the Smash 4 section of the boards. When I first looked at it, I though "it must be fake". After having a bite to eat, I went back to seeing nearly every video game news site covering this thing. That's when it kind of felt it started to get serious. So I found the Rayman Support Thread and started to lurk there for more info. My instinct changed the minute I saw the Rayman "leaked footage" and I thought it was 100% legit. That was the day I first got invited into the leaks group too =).

After finding out the leak was fake, I just kind of settled in the group and just started to speculate along with you guys. It was fun finding out about the Ryu and Roy Datamine and how it sounded preposterous at first until the TCRF confirmed the existence of the files. Then in June when videos of them were leaked from the June Update one day before they were suppose to be formally revealed. Those were sincerely good times.

It just goes to show how I'll sincerely miss Smash 4 Speculation. Even though I was really late onto the hype train, I loved every single moment of that ride and will always remember that for years to come =).

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
So... I have around $150 to work with. I wonder what I should buy.

Thinking about Splatoon, def getting MGS collection+Bayo 2.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bowser Jr was one of my most unwanted character choices

What saved him for me was the clown car gimmick and the koopalings

Shroob

Sup?
I will never understand why people were soo behind the idea of Zoroark to be honest. Despite him being the promoted 'mon of Gen 5, he's still a failed Lucario clone of a Pokemon. He didn't garner NEARLY the support that Lucario did pre-Brawl and unlike Zoroark, Lucario is still an incredibly popular Pokemon as far as advertising and merchandising is concerned.

I was always for a 6th generation rep myself, I just didn't know who since, it barely had been out by the time Smash hype had begun.

Still though, my opinion on Zoroark is that Gamefreak tried to copy the success of Lucario, and failed.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hypersonic League in FAST Racing Neo is 2 fast 4 me
Like hoh buh gaw it's fortunate they force you to learn the tracks through the lower leagues first.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I will never understand why people were soo behind the idea of Zoroark to be honest. Despite him being the promoted 'mon of Gen 5, he's still a failed Lucario clone of a Pokemon. He didn't garner NEARLY the support that Lucario did pre-Brawl and unlike Zoroark, Lucario is still an incredibly popular Pokemon as far as advertising and merchandising is concerned.

I was always for a 6th generation rep myself, I just didn't know who since, it barely had been out by the time Smash hype had begun.

Still though, my opinion on Zoroark is that Gamefreak tried to copy the success of Lucario, and failed.
To be fair, were there any Pokemon that stood out the most in Gen 5 that wasn't a Legendary in a sense?

Genesect is probably an example of that but even then he really wasn't that special IMO.

Gen 6 had loads of choices as well as Gen 3 (aka how Sceptile got popular aside from Trio Starter Pattern).

Gen 5 never had any stand out Pokemon that people support led for Smash.

Chrono.

To be fair, you kinda answered your own question :p

A lot were up for Zoroark because we didn't know what Gen 6 would have in store, Gen 5 hardly had a face either and it was unlikely we'd get an older Pokemon for a newcomer.

Khoru

Smash Champion
i just remembered that guy who wanted eevee + all the eeveelutions
as one character

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Saw some K. Rool/Core vs Casual Communities discussion, so I decided to put in my two cents.

Honestly, I think the main reason there's such a deviation between what most in the "core" community were expecting and what the roster ended up being comes down to the fact that the character selection process seems to have changed between Brawl and Smash 4.

With Brawl, there were a lot of characters added that were fan favorites pre-release; arguably much more than we had this time around. However, there were also, in general, a whole lot of more obvious omissions pre-Brawl than pre-Smash 4. Think about it: prior to Brawl's release, Kirby and Donkey Kong had one character each, Wario was absent, Fire Emblem had finally come to the rest of the non-Japanese world and needed a character to showcase that, Mother 3 happened, Lucario was becoming a rising star in Pokemon with the release of Diamond and Pearl, and Pikmin became a very popular new in-house series. Yes, these were very popular characters, but they were also extremely obvious omissions for the time: a lot of these characters were Nintendo giants.

The issue came when people tried to apply Sakurai's Brawl-era mentality to Smash 4 speculation when the playing field had significant changes. There weren't nearly as many universal fan-favorites as there were pre-Brawl. So naturally, Sakurai kind of had to change his stance on things. If we were discussing what ended up being the actual roster pre-E3 2013, it'd have been laughed off as a joke roster. Wolf missing? The Ice Climbers gone? Ryu, who was deemed impossible for the reason that third parties could only get one character? Pac-Man, who was often deemed too generic? Rosalina, who was erroneously referred to as Space Peach by so many? Three Fire Emblem newcomers, none of them being Chrom, plus Roy's return? Villager, who, along with the Miis, was dismissed during the Brawl era? Wii Fit Trainer? Duck Hunt, who was always just a background character, unlike Mach Rider or Takamaru? Mewtwo not making the initial roster? No Ridley or K. Rool? Greninja, despite him being "too new" to join? Cloud and Bayonetta? The only ones that were spot on, for the most part, were Little Mac, Palutena, Mega Man, and Bowser Jr.

And for the most part? All of those choices made sense in retrospect. But the problem was that using Brawl's criteria for an unrelated game had some folks' judgment be clouded a bit, and I wasn't immune from this either. K. Rool's omission, despite it being a shame since he's an awesome character, made a fair bit of sense, seeing as how his credentials stayed the exact same since pre-Brawl as opposed to getting better. If he hadn't gotten in then, then it'd have been harder for him to get in now. Mewtwo's initial omission blindsided many. Believe it or not, a fairly large percentage (at least forty) believed the Pokemon roster would just be Brawl's+Mewtwo prior to his initial reveal. Naturally, when these events proved untrue, people got upset. And honestly? It was bound to happen and makes sense. To have the very things you've built up as rules to base discussion around crumble before you isn't a pleasant experience if it's not in your favor. It's natural that backlash would happen. It happened with Brawl. It probably happened with Melee as well.

At the end of the day, all the rules basically come down to "they're a video game character" first and foremost. While the rest aren't be-all end-alls, the more boxes that are checked, the better the odds. Timing, relevance, uniqueness, popularity...they all matter. And above all, support who you want, not who you think is likely (or unlikely...no one likes a purposeful contrarian :p). By all means, get hyped and excited. Speculate to your heart's content. But that being said, don't let arbitrary criteria and the "majority opinion" of the core community cloud your judgment. It just ends, more often than not, with unneeded frustration.
>Rosalina, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud

>Not fan favourites

Pick one.

Rosalina was a fan favourite, people have not just been asking for her to be in Smash, but in more games altogether. Smash is simply grouped under that. This is pretty much not debatable since 3D World developers have confirmed that this is why she is playable in 3D World (and the decision to put Rosalina in Smash was made much earlier). It's also worth noting that even on Smashboards, the Rosalina support thread on this forum was hardly small. IIRC it had like, 40-50 pages before Rosalina was confirmed, had full moveset ideas, the whole shebang. The "Space Peach" detractors are a very, very small, vocal minority, and are merely the kind of Smash fans who only buy Nintendo consoles for Smash, and ignore everything in between, leading them to be detractors of any characters that made their debut after the year 2000, more or less. Either that, or they are salty Peach/Daisy elitists.

The other three all fit under the same umbrella of people definitely wanted them but they just saw it as unlikely. That didn't change the fact that people really wanted to see them everywhere though. I've actually ran into people IRL saying they want to see Pac-Man and Cloud in Smash. And Sakurai flat out said that Cloud is in the game due to him being a historically popular request.

Really the focus between Brawl and Smash 4 isn't that different, it's equal parts "historic/fan favourite characters" and "promotional/looking to the future characters", Smash 4 just has more of both. I mean, you can't honestly tell me Ike was a fan favourite, for example, going into Brawl. Or Snake.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So i just got Xenoblade X and have no idea what to do.

Im streaming.

Come help.

Twitch.tv/con0rrrr

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

>Not fan favourites

Pick one.

Rosalina was a fan favourite, people have not just been asking for her to be in Smash, but in more games altogether. Smash is simply grouped under that. This is pretty much not debatable since 3D World developers have confirmed that this is why she is playable in 3D World (and the decision to put Rosalina in Smash was made much earlier). It's also worth noting that even on Smashboards, the Rosalina support thread on this forum was hardly small. IIRC it had like, 40-50 pages before Rosalina was confirmed, had full moveset ideas, the whole shebang. The "Space Peach" detractors are a very, very small, vocal minority, and are merely the kind of Smash fans who only buy Nintendo consoles for Smash, and ignore everything in between, leading them to be detractors of any characters that made their debut after the year 2000, more or less. Either that, or they are salty Peach/Daisy elitists.

The other three all fit under the same umbrella of people definitely wanted them but they just saw it as unlikely. That didn't change the fact that people really wanted to see them everywhere though. I've actually ran into people IRL saying they want to see Pac-Man and Cloud in Smash. And Sakurai flat out said that Cloud is in the game due to him being a historically popular request.

Really the focus between Brawl and Smash 4 isn't that different, it's equal parts "historic/fan favourite characters" and "promotional/looking to the future characters", Smash 4 just has more of both. I mean, you can't honestly tell me Ike was a fan favourite, for example, going into Brawl. Or Snake.
To be fair for Brawl's sake.

I don't think anyone really knew that there was gonna be a third game.

If Iwata's original plan of just making a Melee port with online a reality, Brawl wouldn't have existed and the crossover expansion wouldn't have went on like it did.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So i just got Xenoblade X and have no idea what to do.

Im streaming.

Come help.

Twitch.tv/con0rrrr
Huh? Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?
LETS START A NINTENZONE THREAD TWITCH CHAT RAID BOYS. :yeahboi:

WHO'S WITH ME !?!

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The core vs. common is something we've been discussing over on Source Gaming for awhile now (ever since Corrin's reveal).

The way that I personally see it, is that the character selection in 64, Melee and Brawl was filling out the characters that were needed. Of course being relevant or filling a role was still very much a thing in all of those games. Recency played a role too. After Brawl, Sakurai had almost all of the Nintendo All-Stars, but felt the roster was kind of dated. In a Famitsu feature he talked about wanting to introduce new series into Smash, but felt there were no characters that lent themselves to fighting games (Like Wiibo or Villager). So in Smash for Wii U/3DS he went back to the drawing board and focused on the characters themselves. He focused on making unique, interesting characters as he had the freedom of already having all the characters he needed to have.

Anyway, just a theory.

A PushDustIn theory.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Hmm, IGN has just shown off My Castle for Fates. Along with some new minor information, it seems that Yuri Lowenthal is still playing Marth from S.T.E.A.M. and Laura Bailey is still playing Lucina (albeit, through reused clips). Also, for those curious, the Hot Springs are still in the game and My Room is now called Private Quarters, but we don't get to see any of them in action.

To be fair, were there any Pokemon that stood out the most in Gen 5 that wasn't a Legendary in a sense?

Genesect is probably an example of that but even then he really wasn't that special IMO.

Gen 6 had loads of choices as well as Gen 3 (aka how Sceptile got popular aside from Trio Starter Pattern).

Gen 5 never had any stand out Pokemon that people support led for Smash.
To be honest, I feel that if Gen 6 was just a year off, we would've gotten a Pokémon from Gen 5 regardless of its lack of a face. Remember that before Greninja was confirmed, Gen 6 had no face for it as it was completely playing off of nostalgia leading up to XY's release and never developed a Pokémon from the newer bunch for that position, yet Sakurai still decided to go with Greninja because he wanted to have a newer Pokémon to fill the slot even though he wasn't even known to the public at the time. So I don't think it would've mattered if Gen 5 didn't have a face, he would've went for a Pokémon from it because he wanted to use a newer one, it's just that Gen 5 was at the wrong place at the wrong time just like Gen 3 before it.

Now whether it would've been Zoroark, I can't say. As mentioned before, it did fail and they moved on to other Pokémon by B2W2's time, but it still had some clout to it as a result of that push, so they could've either went with another choice of their choosing or just default to their old marketing boy.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

>Not fan favourites

Pick one.

I think you missed the entire point. Those guys weren't fan favorites of the "core" Smash speculation fanbase. They didn't think Rosalina would get in due to her being "Space Peach." They didn't want Ryu because "one per company," while Pac-Man was "boring" and Cloud was "irrelevant to Nintendo." The context is key here. They were fan favorites of a different demographic than the one I was describing.

D

Deleted member

If X/Y weren't in development, unless Sakurai saw something in one of the Black/White Pokémon, I don't think we'd have had a Pokémon newcomer at all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think you missed the entire point. Those guys weren't fan favorites of the "core" Smash speculation fanbase. They didn't think Rosalina would get in due to her being "Space Peach." They didn't want Ryu because "one per company," while Pac-Man was "boring" and Cloud was "irrelevant to Nintendo." The context is key here. They were fan favorites of a different demographic than the one I was describing.
But those opinions were not prevalent even within the Smash fan base. That's what I'm saying.

And the "core Smash fan base" is kinda vague. Like what does that encompass? Just Smashboards? Do we include Reddit? Etc, etc.

I was actually a bit iffy on Pac-Man myself before he was revealed. I felt like a REAL minority though, even within what I take to be the "core" Smash fan base.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My reasoning for not wanting Rosalina was I felt Toad and Bowser Jr. should be higher priority. I didn't think she was space Peach, though, but rather unique in her own right. The rest I can confirm I felt the same way.

To note, I am not disappointed at all and like every inclusion overall, but yeah, this is pretty common. I think Rosalina was acknowledged as more unique than usual, but still wasn't considered key for Smash like Toad(or Bowser Jr.) were/was.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If X/Y didn't exist for that time of development, then Sakurai still would have added in a Pokemon for the game.

He added in :ivysaur::charizard::squirtle: in Brawl and they weren't in there for the recent games like Gen 3&4.

He would added other Pokemon like some favorites from Gen 3 (Blaziken, Sceptile) Gen 2 (Feraligator and Ursaring) and maybe even sneak back in for Gen 1 (Gengar anyone?)

Sakurai doesn't need a new Gen for Pokemon reps he'll add in whoever he sees fit

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i have done it. i have done the impossible. i now own all the next gen consoles. my wallet is now on life support, lol.

Burruni

Smash Hero
If X/Y didn't exist for that time of development, then Sakurai still would have added in a Pokemon for the game.

He added in :ivysaur::charizard::squirtle: in Brawl and they weren't in there for the recent games like Gen 3&4.

He would added other Pokemon like some favorites from Gen 3 (Blaziken, Sceptile) Gen 2 (Feraligator and Ursaring) and maybe even sneak back in for Gen 1 (Gengar anyone?)

Sakurai doesn't need a new Gen for Pokemon reps he'll add in whoever he sees fit
I mean.
They WERE in Gen 3, because of the Remakes.

Imagine instead of Corrin, we got Pikachu Libre for Pokken Tournament's Wii U release.
I think the community would take it more happily.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Ya know, it's easy to apply this to any series...adding whoever he sees fit, regardless of new game or not...

Metroid and DK really are screwed. ):

D

Deleted member

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/...-time-bring-back-entire-smash-roster-wii-3ds/

Do not kid yourself.
Pokémon Trainer specifically had the gimmick as reasoning for inclusion as well as FireRed/LeafGreen still being somewhat relevant.
(And as much as I like Feraligatr, there's no bloody chance of it showing up in Smash. Same with Ursaring.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If X/Y weren't in development, unless Sakurai saw something in one of the Black/White Pokémon, I don't think we'd have had a Pokémon newcomer at all.
I highly doubt that, as mentioned before, he reached into concept art to give Pokémon a new rep from XY even though it wasn't necessary to do in the same sense, and XY did have a focus on older Pokémon allowing for a stronger focus on veterans if they wanted to go that route. So I don't think he (and potentially TCPi) would've skipped the opportunity to add a new Pokémon if he was willing to do that with XY in the first place.

Plus, we don't know how he feels about BW's Pokémon, there could've been some that did stick out to him, but he gave them a pass because it was past their prime just like with Gen 3 and its Pokémon.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pikachu Libre? I would main him! I mean corrin's cool but

Pikachu Libre is basically a Hawlucha Pikachu, how could you complain? He could be combo heavy, stun, and actually not be a pikachu clone at all.( but it probably would be a semi clone at least.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom