• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

grapefruitjuice

Smash Rookie
The King K. Rool thread REAAALLY doesn't like Sakurai....... All they ever do is complain, complain, COMPLAIN about how he's the worst creator ever.

SERIOUSLY, why are these type of fans so entitled? They didn't get what they want, so instead of getting over themselves, they act like Sakurai is as arrogant as they are. I don't even want K. Rool in Smash 5 because of them, they don't deserve anything.

:glare:

They also keep saying only hardcore communities voted in the ballot, but people here keep saying the opposite, it was casuals.... I don't get it? What's going on?

MERRY LATE CHRISTMAS EVERYBONE!!! :)

Last edited:
To anyone playing X is it true you can completely change Cross (including gender) after you start or do i need to completely restart?

Also saw Star Wars. . .holy **** it lived up to the hype. The whole
Death star 2.0
Thing was a bit weird but i love it so much i dont care :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The King K. Rool thread REAAALLY doesn't like Sakurai....... All they ever do is complain, complain, COMPLAIN about how he's the worst creator ever.

SERIOUSLY, why are these type of fans so entitled? They didn't get what they want, so instead of getting over themselves, they act like Sakurai is as arrogant as they are. I don't even want K. Rool in Smash 5 because of them, they don't deserve anything.

They also keep saying only hardcore communities voted in the ballot, but people here keep saying the opposite, it was casuals.... I don't get it? What's going on?
Not EVERY K.Rool fan hates Sakurai, you got a lot of bad apples who are in denial. There were 1.8 million votes total, so it WASN'T just hardcore fans

Strofirko

Smash Master

What is this thread?The house of gossips?
FFS,people are salty and we already know it,no need to point particular threads.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
To anyone playing X is it true you can completely change Cross (including gender) after you start or do i need to completely restart?
Everything except name after you complete a certain questline you get from Yardley.

Edit:
Who would you pick?

Elma or Fiora?
Elma because I like her more as a character. Fiora is close though.

Last edited:

grapefruitjuice

Smash Rookie
IM SO CONFUSED..... :psycho:

Who voted in the ballot... hardcore or casual players??? There's like one guy who say if only 25% of Smash fans voted, then it could only be hardcore players, but then another guy says hardcore players aren't even 1% on polls. So many people are saying so many different things..... I don't know...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
IM SO CONFUSED..... :psycho:

Who voted in the ballot... hardcore or casual players??? There's like one guy who say if only 25% of Smash fans voted, then it could only be hardcore players, but then another guy says hardcore players aren't even 1% on polls. So many people are saying so many different things..... I don't know...
Only 25% voted on the ballot...However, you don't need the games to vote, and and considering the hardcore fans DON'T have a total of 1.8 million, it's mostly casuals

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

They aren't, there's a bigger picture then what you see.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Also saw Star Wars. . .holy **** it lived up to the hype. The whole
Death star 2.0
Thing was a bit weird but i love it so much i dont care :p
I think you mean 3.0. Return of the Jedi had the 2.0 Death Star remember

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

K. Rool has been one of my most wanted characters for so long. DKC is one of my all time favorite gaming franchises. I've had great memories fighting the king in DKC for the GBC and DK64. He's one of my all time favorite Nintendo characters. I've always felt he was one of the most deserving characters since Brawl. I would have preferred him over most of the newcomers that have been added. My one and only ballot vote went to him. Seeing the reactions to the final broadcast in the K. Rool thread I just have to say... They're all a bunch of ****ing babies.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
K. Rool has been one of my most wanted characters for so long. DKC is one of my all time favorite gaming franchise. I've had great memories fighting the king in DKC for the GBC and DK64. He's one of my all time favorite Nintendo characters. I've always felt he was one of the most deserving characters since Brawl. I would have preferred him over most of the newcomers that have been added. My one and only ballot vote went to him. Seeing the reactions to the final broadcast in the K. Rool thread I just have to say... They're all a bunch of ****ing babies.
I have to say, they should be very thankful that they got a costume, as it's better then nothing.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that both K. Rool and Dixie had a much higher following, we likely could have gotten a DK newcomer in Cranky Kong.....

D

Deleted member

1,8 million votes made on the ballot...

I dunno, but I expected the total number of votes being way much higher, especially for a first Smash poll made for the worldwide audience.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly, if it weren't for the fact that both K. Rool and Dixie had a much higher following, we likely could have gotten a DK newcomer in Cranky Kong.....
I still like the idea of Crankey over Dixie, for this picture's exact reason. He could rep the game that started, mario, donkey kong, and Nintendo's gaming legendness. He also would be able to truly rep Donkey Kong and a moveset that no one else would.

Plus I like his personality a lot.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I really think all 3 of them should be characters. Let's hope we get a future DKC game released a few months after the development of the next Smash begins, so that way at least one of them has a good chance.

D

Deleted member

I think you mean 3.0. Return of the Jedi had the 2.0 Death Star remember
Technically, that wasn't a Death Star
It was a planet and its name was Starkiller
So that makes it Starkiller 2.0
How it went from "most powerful force user known to exist" to "planet station that is somehow bigger than a star station who the **** names things in this universe?" is beyond my knowledge though

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
If I actively wanted characters to stay out because a group of their fans acted like assholes. I wouldn't be able to support anyone.

Including characters several characters that made it in,

Poots

Smash Journeyman
... Is it too late to drop all of my Dixie support for maximum Cranky support?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Knowing the bubble mentality the community thrives on, you really can't be surprised that certain individuals would act the way they do when their supposed oh-so-likely character doesn't make it. It's sad to see, yes, but to be expected.

Especially when over half the community thought the final DLC characters would be pulled from this pool(on average):

King K. Rool
Isaac
Wolf
Inklings
[personal bias character that is likely for whatever reasons]

And unless your bias character was Bayonetta or Corrin, there's a better than decent chance you were screwed over in the event you were a hardcore supporter of either 4.

And the salt continues to this day in some form, depending on person.

Sad. Thankfully there's at least some people who have moved on.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Knowing the bubble mentality the community thrives on, you really can't be surprised that certain individuals would act the way they do when their supposed oh-so-likely character doesn't make it. It's sad to see, yes, but to be expected.

Especially when over half the community thought the final DLC characters would be pulled from this pool(on average):

King K. Rool
Isaac
Wolf
Inklings
[personal bias character that is likely for whatever reasons]

And unless your bias character was Bayonetta or Corrin, there's a better than decent chance you were screwed over in the event you were a hardcore supporter of either 4.

And the salt continues to this day in some form, depending on person.

Sad. Thankfully there's at least some people who have moved on.
I know a person who is only satisfied because they got Bayonetta. I won't say the name of the person though.

Shroob

Sup?
Was thinking of buying an Etrian Odyssey game, anyone know which is best? A friend recommended me Millenium Girl.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I beat cave story +,on easy mode...But I tried to get the best ending,but I rage quitted after my 30rd attempt at the shrine...:denzel:
Good and addictive gameplay,but the story of the main title didn't aged well
mainly cuz killing the first 2 characters you meet,at the same scene,is too forced for me,and the best ending requirements,starts literally with a leap of faith.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
If another game happens soon and includes the two, I could see King K. Rool and Dixie being more likely. There's nothing saying we can't have both, considering we got Robin, Roy, and Corrin in this game (Lucina being promoted).

Seeing character speculation next game is going to be interesting, the pool of characters will be smaller, but there's definitely going to be some new Nintendo characters that could happen in the time being. We don't have until another few years, but it will sure be interesting.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Characters like K.Rool and Ridley are kinda known for having some very very vocal supporters so things can get a little ugly if things aren't really going their way.....

But overall. I wouldn't lump them all together though. I was a K.Rool supporter myself (Although admittedly not an overly active one) but as soon as I saw the Mii Fighter costume being confirmed, I felt it was probably for the best to lower my expectations on that character.

But even if we didn't get K.Rool, we still did get fan favourite and popular characters like Megaman, Little Mac, Pac-Man, Palutena and Rosalina in the game. Not to mention Mewtwo, Ryu and Cloud so acting like Sakurai "doesn't listen to the fans" just because he didn't include a select few characters is a little unfounded imo.

As for the ballot. Most fan poll's I've seen didn't even reach anywhere near the numbers the official ballot got, not to mention the fact that more or less anyone could vote on the ballot (Not just the "hardcore" fans or even those who purchased the games) and that numbers where carried from all over the world. (Which most fan polls I've seen mainly recorded votes from English speaking places and less so on non-English speaking area's)

So more or less all sorts of people knew and voted on the ballot. Friendly reminder the ballot was revealed first thing during a general Nintendo Direct (and not a Smash Direct) and the knowledge about the ballot was spread all over the internet so it wasn't just the "hardcore" Smash Bros fans who knew about the ballot.

And Merry late Christmas to you too and a happy new year.

Gosh this reply ended up longer than I thought, sorry about that.... ^^;

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Was thinking of buying an Etrian Odyssey game, anyone know which is best? A friend recommended me Millenium Girl.
*deep breath*
*EO weeb mode on*
I believe Untold 1(Millenium Girl) is currently on sale for 10$
However, EOIV and EOIIU are better

IV has a story(that works) and an open world(traversable through a skyship) with multiple dungeons scattered across it instead of all strata being on the same place
But it lacks class options(only 7 default classes and 3 unlockable ones)

Untold 2 has a story mode which gives you a preset party and has a plot that is built from the simple one of the original(read as: it's a ****fest but the characters are good)
It has the most classes from all EO games, totalling at 13 classes+1 DLC class, and content I believe(6 strata+Story dungeon+DLC stuff)
The Story Mode protag has his own special class but that isn't avaible for anyone else
U2 also improves on everything from U1 so the only reason to buy U1 now is for the story(which isn't important) or for the price

IV has different classes and some different mechanics from the Untold games(except for Medics and reworked Landies) so it's not completely outclassed

All games have an amazing soundtrack

Tl;dr EOIV for the experience
EOU for the price
EOIIU for the content

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Maybe in the next Smash they'll pull a Brawl and focus on beefing up pre existing franchises + tweaking the older characters a bit more.

Unrelated but this is a terrifying emoticon :sheilda:

it looks like a chimera.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly Dixie, Cranky, and K. Rool would all be really fun additions and honestly wouldn't stick out as being tacked-on or unnecessary. Not a lot of series can say that and still have five or more characters. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom