• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually...
listen to the music...
it's Electric de Chocobo...
WTF Nintendo?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Smash tourney starts in about 2 hours from now! Join us!

US EST: 11:30
England: 16:30
Japan: 01:30

You can join the tournament by using…
this number (no dashes!): 4143-7879-508-475
And password: sgaming

Or watch it on www.twitch.tv/sourcecast!

Hope to see you there!
About how many people are in right now? I have somewhere to be at 7, if I can squeeze it in I will

(Also, might want to mention you meant directly into Smash... I had no idea what this code was for and was searching frantically to get in in time before I figured it out)

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Actually...
listen to the music...
it's Electric de Chocobo...
WTF Nintendo?
yeah it's so weird that they have that and bombing mission in promo stuff
like, assuming there's so little stuff because SE is an ass with licensing (which is almost certainly the case), they'd still have to license the stuff to use it there, right?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
http://www.freedomplanet2.com/

DID SOMEONE SAY FREEDOM PLANET 2???
I didn't say it but I'm saying it now. : D
Holy crap, they are DEFINITELY trying to ditch the "Sonic OC" stigma. I'm okay with this.

You're a magical girl Lilac.

Anyway. Been a while. X stuff. X things.

I would've been on yesterday but.
Unlocking Mia is a *****. Still love her though. :3
I'll say what I got for christmas later. Still messing around with things in X.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
like, assuming there's so little stuff because SE is an *** with licensing (which is almost certainly the case), they'd still have to license the stuff to use it there, right?
Exactly, I mean I don't see the reason for either of these songs to have been omitted from the final game, unless the issues with licensing them were absolutely brutal.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This tweet is fairly interesting.

Also, the second season of the anime Owari no Seraph had a satisfying ending. Overall, it surpassed my expectations.

like, assuming there's so little stuff because SE is an *** with licensing (which is almost certainly the case), they'd still have to license the stuff to use it there, right?
Licensing for a small portion of a song for a promotional video likely isn't the same as paying for the full song in-game.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Is Bowsersiding also force of habit you [the rest of this comment has been removed as not to get a warning]
Sorry, I guess I got a little carried away, what with ( I think) you being the one to finish me off the last 3 or 4 matches.
If it means anything, I actually meant to throw the special flag off of the stage, not use it right there.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well sorry if I sucked but I thought that we were playing for points... :urg:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm gonna say this right now, no matter how hype :4bayonetta: was, :4cloud: was still the best reveal because NO ONE expected him to be in the game.

No one. Bayonetta had a few but Cloud was almost something no one could believe and I supported his inclusion in the game

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Remember Meme Run? A Wii U eShop game that was an overpriced and ****ty endless runner flooded with bad/overused memes out the wazoo (which miraculously got removed from the eShop thanks to complaints from the owner of the :troll: face)?

Now developer Ninja Pig Studios has returned with their next piece of crap:

All I have to say is this:

Seriously Nintendo? Why allow this?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Remember Meme Run? A Wii U eShop game that was an overpriced and ****ty endless runner flooded with bad/overused memes out the wazoo (which miraculously got removed from the eShop thanks to complaints from the owner of the :troll: face)?

He's like Nintendo's Digital Homicide. Why is he still making games?

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Wow there were some REALLY salty people in chat over my Yoshi! What even happened?

BTW, I want to mirror match that pink Yoshi. Only faced them once and I got stage booped.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Tournament was fun, thanks PushDustIn PushDustIn for hosting it! Surprised to get 3rd place, but I'm glad to see me rank that high.

It's weird how I'm so used to playing Omega or legal stages with no items, so playing casually was a nice change of pace. I should play For Fun more than I usually do.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Sorry, I guess I got a little carried away, what with ( I think) you being the one to finish me off the last 3 or 4 matches.
If it means anything, I actually meant to throw the special flag off of the stage, not use it right there.
It's ok, I was afraid that Scamper might have ended up beating me by a few points, but I ended up coming out on top!

That was a fun tournament, and it was my first one for online Smash.

PushDustIn PushDustIn what do I win? :estatic:

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Wow there were some REALLY salty people in chat over my Yoshi! What even happened?

BTW, I want to mirror match that pink Yoshi. Only faced them once and I got stage booped.
I don't know who it was, but there was one Yoshi who drove me crazy and I think they played as Sonic one round while I was Cloud.
I may or may not have taken out my frustration on Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog ...

Over-all it was a pretty good tourney and I had a lot of fun.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

That's not funny.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

That was my fault! You kept getting the Smash ball so I was getting frustrated! No ill will though!

We might start doing this weekly, and with a variety of games. Maybe other kinds of Smash matches (Stamina, etc) too to keep it interesting. Let me know what time on Sundays are good for you, and what kind of game we should host.

It's ok, I was afraid that Scamper might have ended up beating me by a few points, but I ended up coming out on top!

That was a fun tournament, and it was my first one for online Smash.

PushDustIn PushDustIn what do I win? :estatic:
Glory! Even though it was for fun. :troll:

Burruni

Smash Hero
And that they are, I chose the former because I can get away with calliing him Kamina.
....Yuri voiced Simon, not Kamina.
Yuri's voice is PRETTY damn iconic.
Yuri "Second-Banana" Lowenthal
as
Yosuke Hanamura (Persona 4)
Simon (Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Dr. Shinra (Durarara!!)
Hasaeo (.hack//G.U.)
Ben Tennyson (Ben 10: Alien Force and beyond)
Sasuke Uchiya (Naruto)
Cecil (Final Fantasy 4 DS/ Dissidia)
Just... a short list of his many roles.
Definitely NOT the one and mighty Kamina.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
as
Dr. Shinra (Durarara!!)
Hasaeo (.hack//G.U.)
Sasuke Uchiya (Naruto)
Just... a short list.
And he ironically never voiced Yuri Lowell.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Was the Yoshi pink, because I did play Sonic one round
I can't remember, but it was the same round I got the smash ball and omnislashed everyone. The second that guy chucked me off the stage like a piece of trash, I knew I was destined to get salty.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I can't remember, but it was the same round I got the smash ball and omnislashed everyone. The second that guy chucked me off the stage like a piece of trash, I knew I was destined to get salty.
I felt so terrible for you that match. I was thinking in my mind as the match ended that it should have been you who won it.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
That wasn't me then. I didn't see Omnislash get used at all that whole tournament.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I felt so terrible for you that match. I was thinking in my mind as the match ended that it should have been you who won it.
I love it though, it's just the kind of drama a tournament needs. I'm just disappointed that I didn't save a replay.

There were so many good rounds and so many memorable moments, like when that one Link pulled out his gun just as my purple pikmin ran across the stage and brought me one as well. I actually ended up saving about three three replays just from this tourney alone!

I look forward to smashing with you all again!

Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog I guess I let the salt from that Sonic get to me, sorry! :nervous:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
as
Dr. Shinra (Durarara!!)
Hasaeo (.hack//G.U.)
Sasuke Uchiya (Naruto)
Just... a short list of his many roles.
Yeah that mistake was on my behalf... :urg:

D

Deleted member

Finally got around to X after family junk and beating the first boss of Bayonetta.

Damn this game is beutiful. The cutscene animations are really weird though. . .
Hah, seems like we got similiar gifts~.

Well, I got to playing X for a bit yesterday. And haven't gotten to playing bayonetta yet.(It's fine for my little relatives to see man asses and gore in metal gear rising... Yet, if they were to see the slightest of female nudity/sexuality, I'd probably get complaints. LOL.)

I also agree on that last part...

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Well my Boxing Day dinner was really good, had left overs from the Christmas dinner.

And most of you have no idea what I'm talking about do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom