• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

My Christmas haul:

New 3DS XL (given weeks beforehand)
Money
JCPenney gift card (that doesn't say how much it has...)

Overall pretty great to me.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
i've grown to like corrin because he has 2 things i like, he uses the water element, my favorite element, and he's part dragon, my favorite mythical creature. also because of him now i'm considering buying fire emblem fates. however, i do agree that fire emblem has too much CHARACTER representation. like if anything either ike or lucina need to go in the next smash. if sakurai wasn't so sure about having a fire emblem character in the game, he could've chosen another series reperesentation like isaac from golden sun, or even king k rool, characters that people actually wanted. i still don't believe his word on the smash ballot. i still want to see the results. otherwise i believe he's either hiding something or straight out lying.
We will probably never see the results.
I don't think he's lying. He said realizable characters Bayonetta was #1. I think that's the truth. Remember, 25% of the people who bought Smash voted. In our polls, we never even hit 1% of the total Smash fanbase.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
My christmas gifts: phone,Clothes

Small load but i'm still grateful.Hope you all had a nice holiday

Last edited by a moderator:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So I got Antman for Christmas and finally watched it. I feel that is a very satisfying movie. It has a very laid back pace, the characters feel very human, and the action, when it happened, was well done and didn't feel forced. By no means is it perfect, it has it's cheesy moments, but I think it was very good and a breath of fresh air.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Merry Day After Christmas, guys!

I got a ton of good stuff. Tons of games, amiibo, a few cool little toys, gift cards, and the biggest gift was Lego Dimensions (for Wii U)! Also money

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Well, I guess it's time to switch back to the old avatar. Hope you all had a great Christmas.
Now it's almost time to have a Happy New Year.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So I got to play XBX after it took a long time to download the packs. Definitely liking it so far and it didn't take long to get the idea behind some of the new features to the battle system. Not to mention it's so damn gorgeous! The voice acting for the NPCs isn't too bad either.
At the same time, while I was disappointed that it doesn't have any modifiers of changing facial details(like say how big your lips are or low your eyes are from your eyebrows, etc), they did a good job with the facial movements with those preset faces and how they look just as detailed as the NPCs, even after customizing them. Even with much different skin tones, hair colors or unusual sizes, they aren't too out of place next to the NPCs and the fact your character does more than just keep the same monotone face or just standing around in a cutscene. Seeing them actually show facial reactions and crossing their arms already makes them much better than most Custom characters for story modes.
And good lord, the amount of work they put into the Soul Voices for the voices and how each Soul Voice actually has spoken dialogue, it makes me so sad that they are silent in cutscenes(as far as I've seen). Also, I'm sad that each voice is tied to a personality, cause if you could choose both a voice AND personality, I would've chosen Keith Silverstein's voice with Heroic/Classic in a heartbeat, as the Rebel personality dialogue isn't my favorite, but the voice fit with the character I made.
Anyway, I haven't gone too far into story mode yet, as I'm on Chapter 1 still. Still dealing with the basics before going off exploring into the wild blue yonder.

D

Deleted member

I just got spoiled of a game so I'm kinda pissed at the moment, not going to mention which one, but I found my own solution since it wasn't on the internet so in hopes this helps someone else gonna post it here.

Ever want to block youtube suggestions at the end of a video so you don't get spoiled on a game despite watching a video to a completely different game? AKA this:

On Adblock, add this line to your filter list and walla it'll be completely black from now on and you no longer have to worry about spoilers at the end of a youtube video.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com##DIV[class="ytp-endscreen-content"]

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Guys, help me out here so I know if I'm not crazy.

The Presentation said there was in total 743 trophies for Wii U and 707 trophies for 3DS.

There's currently 733 trophies in Wii U now for Cloud, and the upcoming trophies are:
734. Corrin
735. Corrin (Alt.)
736. Torrential Roar
737. Bayonetta
738. Bayonetta (Alt.)
739. Infernal Climax
740. Jeanne
741. Rodin
742. Cereza

There's one missing.

And there are currently 697 trophies in 3DS now for Cloud, and the upcoming trophies are:
698. Corrin
699. Corrin (Alt.)
700. Ryoma
701. Xander
702. Bayonetta
703. Bayonetta (Alt.)
704. Jeanne
705. Rodin
706. Cereza

There's one missing here, too.

Does this mean there's a trophy for both games that we don't know about that comes with the DLC?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I just got spoiled of a game so I'm kinda pissed at the moment, not going to mention which one, but I found my own solution since it wasn't on the internet so in hopes this helps someone else gonna post it here.

Ever want to block youtube suggestions at the end of a video so you don't get spoiled on a game despite watching a video to a completely different game? AKA this:

On Adblock, add this line to your filter list and walla it'll be completely black from now on and you no longer have to worry about spoilers at the end of a youtube video.

Code:
http://www.youtube.com##DIV[class="ytp-endscreen-content"]
Man....I hate being spoiled when it comes to story based games. I remember getting the final boss of Tales of the Abyss spoiled...it's a terrible feeling and trying to forget only makes it worse. My condolences, dude.

Does this mean there's a trophy for both games that we don't know about that comes with the DLC?
I remember saying this solely about the FE trophies and everyone pretty much wrote it off. I think there could be. In fact I think it's pretty likely. Either a FE trophy or a "This is the end" Trophy. The crazy, probably never going to happen idea is an Iwata trophy, but that's just a pipe dream.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Guys, help me out here so I know if I'm not crazy.

The Presentation said there was in total 743 trophies for Wii U and 707 trophies for 3DS.

There's currently 733 trophies in Wii U now for Cloud, and the upcoming trophies are:
734. Corrin
735. Corrin (Alt.)
736. Torrential Roar
737. Bayonetta
738. Bayonetta (Alt.)
739. Infernal Climax
740. Jeanne
741. Rodin
742. Cereza

There's one missing.

And there are currently 697 trophies in 3DS now for Cloud, and the upcoming trophies are:
698. Corrin
699. Corrin (Alt.)
700. Ryoma
701. Xander
702. Bayonetta
703. Bayonetta (Alt.)
704. Jeanne
705. Rodin
706. Cereza

There's one missing here, too.

Most likely. I can see an Elma trophy coming since she could have very well been DLC had Corrin not been chosen since she fits all the other criteria that Sakurai laid out for himself.

D

Deleted member

Most likely. I can see an Elma trophy coming since she could have very well been DLC had Corrin not been chosen since she fits all the other criteria that Sakurai laid out for himself.
No she doesn't.
X has been released everywhere now. Fates has only been released in Japan and won't be released anywhere else until February, around the same time Corrin is to be released for Smash.

I remember saying this solely about the FE trophies and everyone pretty much wrote it off. I think there could be. In fact I think it's pretty likely. Either a FE trophy or a "This is the end" Trophy. The crazy, probably never going to happen idea is an Iwata trophy, but that's just a pipe dream.
I would not be surprised if it really was a trophy to honor Iwata.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
We will probably never see the results.
I don't think he's lying. He said realizable characters Bayonetta was #1. I think that's the truth. Remember, 25% of the people who bought Smash voted. In our polls, we never even hit 1% of the total Smash fanbase.
i still don't trust his word, but thats just where i stand at least. i'm just hoping corrin will be tourney viable since i want to use him as one of my mains.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Remember those Smash pictures about cartoons being relevant? Like Spongebob characters as Smash chraracters with quotes that can be similar to Smash related? Well I can imagine MLP, other CN shows, and others that are not spongebob being like that.

EX: Corrin as Trixie: Well, well, well, it seems we have some Saalty Fanboys in the direct!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
i still don't trust his word, but thats just where i stand at least. i'm just hoping corrin will be tourney viable since i want to use him as one of my mains.
Why wouldn't Corrin be tourney viable? The only way that would happen is if he was so OP he was banned, like Meta Knight. DLC characters are already allowed in tournaments. Heck, a Cloud main recently beat Nairo and won Smash 4-ever 31.
Speaking of Cloud, I just got him, and he is insta-main material.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've fought the yokai "Awevil" 10 times and no join

Edit: Caught him after the 15th time

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
For all the other Ike players who tread this thread, what are your thoughts on Cloud? His style is definitely familiar enough for me to pick up easily, and in some ways I'm better with him than with Ike. He's definitely almost immediately my secondary, but his standard attacks don't seem as powerful damage-wise and it's hard to let go of the instinctive urge to Down-B when an enemy gets too close haha.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For all the other Ike players who tread this thread, what are your thoughts on Cloud? His style is definitely familiar enough for me to pick up easily, and in some ways I'm better with him than with Ike. He's definitely almost immediately my secondary, but his standard attacks don't seem as powerful damage-wise and it's hard to let go of the instinctive urge to Down-B when an enemy gets too close haha.
Cloud is superb, feels strong, but faster. I can't tell who's the better character, but if you even remotely enjoy Ike, you should play Cloud

D

Deleted member

I'd say Cloud is a better overall character than Ike as he has a lot more answers to things compared to Ike and is generally faster overall. You'd have to master using Limit Break, though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I got very little for Christmas, but I am getting Xenoblade Chronicles X at least.
I also got some money but it isn't enough to get a game and there's obviously no amiibo for me to buy because Nintendo, so no clue what to spent it on.

Strofirko

Smash Master
What happened yesterday,stay yesterday,thanks and have fun

Christmas gift,200 R$ on steam (ironically),but I bought some addictive games,and candies.
Happy with that:)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I heard about that. My favourite part is how it was literally Sora and Donald who did that.

Donald is a savage.
Here's how it is in Donald's perspective
'FIRST DAISY GOES OFF WITH GLADSTONE, UNCLE SCROOGE GIVES ME LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE AND TREATS ME LIKE A SLAVE, MICKEY'S THE MOST POPULAR ONE, THE NEPHEWS TOOK ALL THE COOKIES, THE NEIGHBOUR'S BEING AN ASSHOLE AGAIN AND THEN THERE'S THIS *****! WAWAWAWAWA!'

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's how it is in Donald's perspective
'FIRST DAISY GOES OFF WITH GLADSTONE, UNCLE SCROOGE GIVES ME LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE AND TREATS ME LIKE A SLAVE, MICKEY'S THE MOST POPULAR ONE, THE NEPHEWS TOOK ALL THE COOKIES, THE NEIGHBOUR'S BEING AN ******* AGAIN AND THEN THERE'S THIS *****! WAWAWAWAWA!'
You forgot the part where Hitler made him work in a Nazi slave factory.

I'm not kidding.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
what if i told you that in the original KH manga a prostitute propositioned sora and was then murdered by a heartless?....cause that **** happens and its one of the generic npcs in traverse town so that makes kh1 a whole lot more intresting

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
what if i told you that in the original KH manga a prostitute propositioned sora and was then murdered by a heartless?....cause that **** happens and its one of the generic npcs in traverse town so that makes kh1 a whole lot more intresting
She probably thought that his big feet also meant something else. Jesus christ, what the **** is wrong with the manga writers?

D

Deleted member

This place is starting to feel empty now
I mean, there's still a bunch of people in here but a lot of users left and thos thread's activity has never been so low before
Is this the end we all feared so much?
I am not worthy.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I see EO Mystery Dungeon there
FB_IMG_1441900555188.jpg

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This place is starting to feel empty now
I mean, there's still a bunch of people in here but a lot of users left and thos thread's activity has never been so low before
Is this the end we all feared so much?

I see EO Mystery Dungeon there
View attachment 89509
It's Christmas season so people are generally less active on the internet altogether.

Good ol' fashioned family values and all that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well right now my brother, dad, and myself are discussing the best way to transport a 42 inch TV in relation to our current schedule for the day.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Smash tourney starts in about 2 hours from now! Join us!

US EST: 11:30
England: 16:30
Japan:
01:30

You can join the tournament by using…
this number (no dashes!): 4143-7879-508-475
And password: sgaming

Or watch it on www.twitch.tv/sourcecast!

Hope to see you there!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Smash tourney starts in about 2 hours from now! Join us!

US EST: 11:30
England: 16:30
Japan: 01:30

You can join the tournament by using…
this number (no dashes!): 4143-7879-508-475
And password: sgaming

Or watch it on www.twitch.tv/sourcecast!

Hope to see you there!
I would, but I need to connect my Wii U to the Internet, and in order to do that I need to use the game pad. The problem is is that the screen of my game pad is broken, so I can't navigate though it. :glare:

Edit: I somehow managed to set up my Internet without being able to see what I was doing. I'll be there!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom