• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I left the character support group because it's gotten to the point people are coming up with baseless, ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Enough is enough. I appreciate your invitation and dedication to the group A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , but I'm done with speculation, so it's not a place I want to be anymore.

I think this is the only thread I actually want to continue posting. Not just because I have mod duties here, but this is where the people of the old Leaks group hang out, which I'm on friendlier terms with.

The Smash fanbase's general negativity and salt has really worn me out.

Thanks a lot.

Just a tidbit: I'm not sure if you realized, but Sakurai was talking with (male) Corrin's Japanese VA.
I read every single post. I know exactly what you mean. . .

Thanks for lasting as long as you did :p

>playing kingdom Hearts
>kingdom hearts trailer announced
Noice

Chrono.

I was about to say the same. Who is he?
Gex is a series of collect-a-thon platformers where you play as a gecko (named Gex) who is also a James Bond parody and the goal was to collect remote controls, each level being a parody of various TV shows and movies.

If it sounds like the most 90s thing ever, it's because it is.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yup, that's him. I actually knew about him since I was younger since my brother had the N64 game.

Speaking of Gex, Square Enix has mentioned interest in reviving that franchise
I'd actually be interested in that

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
None of his games were especially good, and used the exact same pop culture humor and puns like bubsy
Still sold three times the amount as Banjo Kazooie with the same amount of games.

Yeah... I don't get it either.

Last edited:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800

I can already see it. Every FG Corrin will have "Big Sister" as their nametag.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Gex is a series of collect-a-thon platformers where you play as a gecko (named Gex) who is also a James Bond parody and the goal was to collect remote controls, each level being a parody of various TV shows and movies.

If it sounds like the most 90s thing ever, it's because it is.
Yup, that's him. I actually knew about him since I was younger since my brother had the N64 game.

Speaking of Gex, Square Enix has mentioned interest in reviving that franchise
Ok, so I looked up the first game and the plot is...
Gex and his family live in Maui, Hawaii. His mother raised him and his three younger siblings while their father worked forNASA. Gex's hobbies include spending time with his friends, surfing, playing the ukulele, and throwing poi parties. One day, Gex's mother gets a phone call from NASA, explaining that Gex's father and ten human volunteers died when their rocket exploded on the launch pad (according to the manual, the explosion was caused by a Band-Aid floating in one of the fuel tanks).[3]

Soon, the gecko family's carefree life is shattered when Gex bottles up his emotions and takes refuge in front of the television to get over the tragedy, only to become obsessed. Three weeks later, he becomes an addict to TV. After several unsuccessful attempts to get Gex to stop watching TV and consulting with a minister and friends at work, Gex's mother decides it is time for a change. The gecko family moves to Encino, California, Gex's TV is taken away, and he flees from home. After several months of living on the streets, Gex inherits an enormous amount of money, and he moves back to Maui to live in a mansion, and buys the world's largest TV.

While watching TV one day, Gex swallows a passing fly, not knowing it is a sort of miniature transmitter. Moments later, a huge hand shoots out of the screen and grabs Gex by his neck, pulling the young gecko into his own TV. The cold claw belongs to Rez, the overlord of the Media Dimension, who intended to make Gex his new mascot and conquer the world.[4]

Gex traverses through the worlds of the Media Dimension based on different genres; the Cemetery (Horror films), New Toonland (Animation), Jungle Isle (Adventure films) and Kung Fuville (Martial arts films). The first world he encounters is an enormous dome, surrounded by four large TVs. Gex then goes through the large TVs, collects the remotes, and defeats the various worlds' guardians in turn: Morphina, the Flatulator, Sun Snake and Toxic Turtle. Gex also collects pieces to another remote, which allow him to travel to the mysterious Planet X. Once Gex manages to collect all the worlds' remotes, the Dome opens and he travels down to Rezopolis, the capital of the Media Dimension.

Once inside, Gex defeats Rez in a head-to-head battle, using one of Rez's own mechanical bugs, and Rez transforms into a ball of energy and escapes through a hole in the dome. Gex is then teleported back to his home in Maui, and looks back and his last words in the game are "Hey, cool. I wonder what's on HBO."

Certainly something.... Definitely a stranger game. An case for him would be interesting though.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well, he was on more systems
2 times as much a Bomberman. The Gex franchise sold over 20 million units in a matter of 5 years. Impressive metrics by any standard.

I was shocked to see him get so many votes on our source gaming icon poll. I mean... he's Gex. He's not even the best thing Crystal Dynamics has ever done. By the way, through a series if buy outs, he is in fact currently owned by Square Enix.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Only 7 veterans left unaccounted for.
That's a decent number considering 4 returned in this iteration.
One can only hope this number get's fewer and not larger.
The art style/ Art is really good too :)
I'd even say it's more of 5 vets left unaccounted for. Snake probably could have come back if Konamii weren't terrible people( And I kind of hope they end up selling their ips so he can return one day) and ice climbers were only out due to technical limitations. So that leaves 5, which is equal to Brawl which is really impressive! Sakurai, his team and Namco did great this installment!

ABOUT
GODDAMN
TIME

They left us hanging for too long after D23.
While I doubt it, it be neat if we find out that they will bring back Halloween Town and show it off in this "Holiday" trailer.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Call me delusional but they are gonna release the KH3 trailer for something Star Wars related in KH3. The movie comes out tomorrow so it'll reconcile perfectly with it

So get ready for Sora doing Jedi stuff with a Keyblade Light Saber

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Call me delusional but they are gonna release the KH3 trailer for something Star Wars related in KH3. The movie comes out tomorrow so it'll reconcile perfectly with it

No don't get my hopes up!
I'm not a massive Star Wars fan but I think a world from it would be awesome and could have a lot of cool things. I really hope for this, marvel, and wreck it ralph to possibly have worlds, but they feel unlikely.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

It won't be, it's just the D23 Japan trailer.

We already know what's in the trailer and it didn't reveal any new worlds (well it confirmed Mysterious Tower returns but it's not new and is probably part of Twilight Town like in KH2, which was already confirmed). Square were just being stingy and didn't show it to the public.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
When's Darkwing Duck in Kingdom Hearts though.

I want my Masked Mallard as an assist to Sora. :(

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Can we walljump on Omega PAC-LAND yet
No?
OK

Also Hammer
And Dreamy Luigi
WHEN

Neutral B
Fireball
Thunderhand
Poltergust (Element goes here)
Side B
Missle
Dreamy Luigi Ball Kick Thing That IDK The Name Of Because I Don't Own The Game And Know Nothing About It Because I Might Get It For Christmas
Poltergust Car (EU Hidden Mansion, Luigi drives the Poltergust when fighting Boolossus)
Down B
Tornado
Drill-Hat Bros. Move Thing from Paper Jam
Poltergust sucking stuff towards Luigi while spinning

MOVESETS MAKE 'EMSELVES :4luigi:
You need paper mario for the drill to work.

PAPER MARIO CONFIRMED!

:)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
There's a Suoer Mario Maker update coming which will add Bumpers, P Doors and the Fire Koopa Clown Car.

The fire clown car shoots fire horizontally and is perfect for scrolling stages.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I just beat the badge arcade stage( weird course) and badge bunny is number 113, the palico is 111. Am I missing something, or did they skip costume 112 in Mario Maker?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@Zoroarking

Any nuzlocke updates? I'm just waiting to get a Pokemon from a Honey Tree now, no team changes :c

at least ganondorf has a sword move, though. It's not a unique move, but eh.
I haven't played lately because I was catching up on some animes yesterday and today I watched STAR WARS, BOYZ!
I'm still trying to digest all of it
But expect something from me tomorrow :p

BADGE ARCADE BUNNY

CONFIRMED

something something Daisy
****ing goty confirmed
**** Smash, **** Corrin and **** Bayonetta
Badge Center Bunny should have been the final newcomer

I can already see it. Every FG Corrin will have "Big Sister" as their nametag.
>Play first match with Male Corrin
>Make tag "Big brother"
>Second match change to Fem Corrin
>Change tag to "Big Sister"
>????
>Profit

>Star Wars stuff
>Includes Star Wars VII content
>Ends up spoiling the movie
>Kill your son or nuke Boston

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I just beat the badge arcade stage( weird course) and badge bunny is number 113, the palico is 111. Am I missing something, or did they skip costume 112 in Mario Maker?
Yes, they did.
#112 was Daisy, but they decided to cut her. :troll:

Iamso,sosorry

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
When's Darkwing Duck in Kingdom Hearts though.

I want my Masked Mallard as an assist to Sora. :(
I need Gravity Falls in Kingdom Hearts.

Imagine they heyday Sora and Mabel would have...

And the hell Bill would raise with the Heartless.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I need Gravity Falls in Kingdom Hearts.

Imagine they heyday Sora and Mabel would have...

And the hell Bill would raise with the Heartless.
Honestly if they were to do Disney shows, I want this to be the first one they do. It works to well especially with the darkness that could be exploited within everyone from GF. It would be an awesome world imo.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If there is one thing I want in KHIII, it's this guy:

There is so much potential for him to be part of a little story in Kingdom Hearts.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
There's an interesting little tweet from Sakurai himself:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189706172&postcount=13132
"While we were in the discussion phase, I did worry that we were getting too many "Fire Emblem" characters, but thankfully, Corrin has become a fighter unlike any other. It'll be just a little while more until we're done, so please look forward to it!"

See? Even he worries that we're getting too many, but he puts fun and unique playstyles over representation.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
There's an interesting little tweet from Sakurai himself:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189706172&postcount=13132
"While we were in the discussion phase, I did worry that we were getting too many "Fire Emblem" characters, but thankfully, Corrin has become a fighter unlike any other. It'll be just a little while more until we're done, so please look forward to it!"

See? Even he worries that we're getting too many, but he puts fun and unique playstyles over representation.
:079:

Link to the Source.
Preview of my reaction to the broadcast:
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fpush-dustin-pushdustin%2Fpushreaction

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't care that Corrin is from FE - he's a fricken water breathing dragon with a lance for an arm I mean get outta here haters!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty much the argument is:
"Yeah, he's another Fire Emblem character, but he's rather unique of a character that it doesn't matter in the long run."

I can dig it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Something I just wanna poke about with.
ENTIRELY HYPOTHETICAL AS I HAVE NO BELIEF OF THIS HAPPENING
E3 2016 Nintendo announces that the NX will have an expanded port of Smash WiiU with more of the 3DS stages, possibly one more 1P mode, and 5 new first-party characters.
Who do you choose?
1) :popo::icsmelee:
2) :wolf:
3) K. Rool
4) Inklings
5) Bandana Dee
...this isnt 5 new characters.
Its three new characters.
All for it, though.

Chrono.

I kinda want to walk up to a crowd at a movie theater and say "Wait, there's a new Star Wars movie?!"

Someone just had a theory that the dlc characters, including ryu and bayonetta, have been planned since development started for the base game because for various reasons including when sakurai visited Platinum Games. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom