• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though I have to wonder why there was a Gilgamesh mii costume. Was it because SEGA didn't want a sword fighter Sonic character so Namco was just like MINEMINEMINEMINE

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This theory is insane, but makes a lot of sense!

It's about why volcanion is important to 2016 and how it may relate to Team Flare, the other games, and the future of Kalos in Pokemon Z!

Thoughts, this could be an interesting discussion.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Honestly I think mods are going to develop WAY faster for SSB4 than they did for Brawl. From what I hear a lot of the file structure is the same, and we already have people doing model swaps.

I only see it as a matter of time until we get all the missing vets back via modding. Hell, with how similar the files supposedly are, the modders might be able to just port Wolf and Snake over themselves.

I just really hope music hacking gets there fast, cause Midgar only having two songs is beyond pitiful.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Someone on KYM mentioned how there should be a Kid Icarus X Bayonetta crossover.

The reason? The potential dialogue.

Think about it. The amount of sass would be amazing.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Someone on KYM mentioned how there should be a Kid Icarus X Bayonetta crossover.

It would be great although in my mind, it'll go something like this

image.png

Jealous :4palutena: vs :4bayonetta: for :4pit:'s attention

Chrono.

Tumblr is a weird website.

Some tumblr user found out that another was stealing bones from graves and instead of calling the police they made a callout post about it...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I would love that! Especially since then Bayonneta can teach Pit how to properly equip his bows to his feet and use them effectively like her guns.

So many great things could come out of it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

As long as Hades is in there being a snarky *******, I'd buy that first day.

D

Deleted member

Outside of the Wolf/Ice Climbers mods (maybe Snake), everything else will be mostly either cosmetic changes (alternative skins and costumes, changes of looks to stages), stages, music and other things but as for characters. Good luck, it'll take them almost half a year to get one character down and at most it's just someone simple like Dixie Kong or even Waluigi.
I can live with that.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

You just made me want a Kid Icarus game made by Platinum Games.
That would be incredible.

Alright did someone really trusted translate thay Sakurai tweet yet and i just missed it?

Because someone is passing this around saying it means Sakurai knew FE was overrepped but aded Corrin

"When adding Kamui, I was concerned that Fire Emblem had too much representation, and by the time I was finished, no other franchise recieved individuality, so thanks. It will take a bit more time, but please stay tuned!"

I would love to have a counter to it.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Speaking of Bayonnaise
These pictures with Bayo and Kirby are growing by the numbers.
9 times outta 10 it's absolutely adorable.
The 1 outta 10 time KirBayo is just sorta hanging around :4pacman:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I actually agree with Gamexplain that adding wolf last minute is a total Sakurai thing to do, but it probably won't happen. I could see him maybe try it to counter corrin's salt, but again I doubt it.

And can I just say Mewtwo is so damn good now! I love the buffs he got!
GameXplain is peddling that now?

Uggghhhhh. :facepalm:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of Bayonnaise
These pictures with Bayo and Kirby are growing by the numbers.
9 times outta 10 it's absolutely adorable.
The 1 outta 10 time KirBayo is just sorta hanging around :4pacman:
These two being best friends is officially my headcanon. Not like Kirby hasn't crossdressed in the past anyway
Alright did someone really trusted translate thay Sakurai tweet yet and i just missed it?

Because someone is passing this around saying it means Sakurai knew FE was overrepped but aded Corrin

"When adding Kamui, I was concerned that Fire Emblem had too much representation, and by the time I was finished, no other franchise recieved individuality, so thanks. It will take a bit more time, but please stay tuned!"

Nope. That's it. Sakurai pretty much thought '**** it, people want a Nintendo newcomer and a dragon, Corrin's unique enough to justify it'
Speaking of Corrin, I don't think he attacks with normal water but with Chrom tears. Makes sene tbh

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So apparently the update to Kalos league was to allow you to be able to wall jump off the stage sides.

Neat!
GameXplain is peddling that now?

Uggghhhhh. :facepalm:
See I figured this would happen... They are not promoting but they briefly mentioned it in their direct discussion, but reiterated that it has almost no chance. So it isn't as bad as it sounds.

Last edited:

Chrono.

It's real.

Soma from SG translated it earlier.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
This theory is insane, but makes a lot of sense!

It's about why volcanion is important to 2016 and how it may relate to Team Flare, the other games, and the future of Kalos in Pokemon Z!

Thoughts, this could be an interesting discussion.
I have a few corrections to point out on that theory:
-Volcanion was never mentioned in the leaks, hell, the blackouts weren't even mentioned from what I can find. I don't know where he got that information, but that was not in the Pokebeach summary.
-Volcanion is never connected to the Power Plants at all, the datamined data from XY and ORAS (which he does talk about) never shows that its supposed to be there and dialogue about it doesn't say anything relating to it. So its connection to Team Flare and their actions are flimsy at best.
-Minor nitpick, but Zygarde is heavily implied to not have a large role in the movie. Granted, this theory probably predates the trailer, but the trailer here has it show up in the same manner as the other Kalos legendaries that had movies while Volcanion was the focus, so it's likely not going to be a major part of the movie.
-Team Rocket creating Mewtwo was an anime only plot point, so that can't be a Kanto parallel.

I personally also think that they won't involve a recently released Event Pokémon into the plot of the upcoming game (especially since it's supposed to released for ORAS), but that's my opinion on the matter.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
:4cloud: would like to have a word about Games with Gay Characters and Implied (Insert whatever the censored word was here) scenes
Probablybecauseheexperiencedit
Nintendo has a family friendly image. The implied **** scene is when a Magypsie drowns Lucas to get him PSI powers. Because of the wording, it's a lot like **** even though I fully believe it must have been unintentional

Chrono.

Nintendo has a family friendly image. The implied **** scene is when a Magypsie drowns Lucas to get him PSI powers. Because of the wording, it's a lot like **** even though I fully believe it must have been unintentional
It can be easily censored if the wording was the problem.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You know what's really disappointing now that everything is over?

All of these newcomers just kept topping each other in uniqueness, it makes the older characters look bland in comparison.

I just keep looking at Bayonetta spamming projectiles everywhere, summoning giant feet and fists, and slowing people down. Ganondorf can float, throw energy balls, and so many other things. What on earth is he doing still being a slow Falcon?

I'd almost rather veterans being completely reworked than newcomers in the next game. Maybe they could go to town on the customization feature and make it far more in-depth, or at least give everyone the Palutena treatment.

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet
What could possibly go wrong?
Oh good lord, this is the stupidest thing I've seen all day and it's from a dead character that should stay dead

View attachment 88081

Edit: Got :4greninja:.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

They're claiming that they licensed the use for it. The fact that the product description doesn't mention this though still makes this all hazy.

D

Deleted member

So Star Wars.
I loved every second of it. I'll leave it at that but JJ Abrams did a fantastic job.
Just came back from it
Jesus christ, that was amazing
Now to wait for 2017, rip me
I can only imagine the hate if Bayonetta had been Hades or Medusa.

This site would become a wasteland of salt.
Imagine Shadow Pit instead! :troll:
So apparently the update to Kalos league was to allow you to be able to wall jump off the stage sides.
****ING FINALLY
This was just as bad as the Lylat Cruise's edge
Yes, let's attempt to localize a game with gay characters, when homosexuality is STILL largely controversial, an implied **** scene even though I'm certain it was unintentional and nazis. Maybe there's a reason they never localized this game, this coming from someone who admires the game
Uh... Fates is a thing though

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey @PushDustIn since Smash speculation is pretty much over.... I was wondering if you could write an article about Japan's view of Golden Sun and/or Advance Wars.

The west loves the two series but I wanna know how Japan views them, if they want a sequel and what they liked and disliked about them. Maybe a comparison between Eastern and Western views.

This isn't in relation to Smash but just a thing in general.

You could do several other more obscure series. You could even make a poll for which series get done first.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Earlier today someone posted that Bubsy on Steam is literally a SNES9X emulator.

Now the devs are saying they actually have a license from the creators:

EDIT: :079::sonic::4greninja: on previous page.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ganondorf can float, throw energy balls, and so many other things. What on earth is he doing still being a slow Falcon?
Luigi is the star of the Mario & Luigi Series and has like 1000 different things he could use in Smash
Still Green Mario
Just Sakurai Things​

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have a few corrections to point out on that theory:
-Volcanion was never mentioned in the leaks, hell, the blackouts weren't even mentioned from what I can find. I don't know where he got that information, but that was not in the Pokebeach summary.
-Volcanion is never connected to the Power Plants at all, the datamined data from XY and ORAS (which he does talk about) never shows that its supposed to be there and dialogue about it doesn't say anything relating to it. So its connection to Team Flare and their actions are flimsy at best.
-Minor nitpick, but Zygarde is heavily implied to not have a large role in the movie. Granted, this theory probably predates the trailer, but the trailer here has it show up in the same manner as the other Kalos legendaries that had movies while Volcanion was the focus, so it's likely not going to be a major part of the movie.
-Team Rocket creating Mewtwo was an anime only plot point, so that can't be a Kanto parallel.

I personally also think that they won't involve a recently released Event Pokémon into the plot of the upcoming game (especially since it's supposed to released for ORAS), but that's my opinion on the matter.
Good points, but I have a few things to expand with thatL

-True volcanion was not mentioned in the pokebeach leak, but I believe there was something elsee fans found that indicated it, but I'm not positive.

-Again true, I think this is more of bad wording, or just an addition to his theory on the blackouts, because it make sense to have it connected to a power plant. But it is a bit inaccurate

-Yeah the theory was made before then, so that can;'t be helped.

-True team rocket creating mewtwo was the anime only, but if( and this is a big if) the origins are anything to go by, then the plot was originally going to be part of the game to, or is considered it. However that's speculation, and a better comparison would be the creation of genesect by team plasma, which is both an anime and game thing.

Other then that, the other bits of info are pretty interesting things to consider. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see zygarde cells somehow used to create or manipulate volcanion, since it says it has an organ that nothing else has. the zygarde cells are organs, so maybe they tie into this?

D

Deleted member

Yes, let's attempt to localize a game with gay characters, when homosexuality is STILL largely controversial, an implied **** scene even though I'm certain it was unintentional and nazis. Maybe there's a reason they never localized this game, this coming from someone who admires the game
Ummm, okay, don't see how having gay characters is that big of a problem. No one's going to riot over it.(Well, and be taken seriously at the same time, I mean.)

Maybe if it was something bigger with a wider audience, I could see, but this is earthbound... If it was something like COD I'd agree.

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Luigi is the star of the Mario & Luigi Series and has like 1000 different things he could use in Smash
Still Green Mario
Just Sakurai Things​
Luigi is the star of Luigi's Mansion, I'd much rather see the Poltergust fully integrated into his moveset as more than a final smash.

I know, instead of three different customs for each special, just make three different versions of each character that you can use. You can have Mario, Dr. Mario, and Sunshine Mario. Luigi, M&L Luigi, and Poltergust Luigi, etc. Keep Falcondorf, make a Ganondorf who has a sword based moveset, and one who floats around like an actual evil warlock. Everyone wins! :troll:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
****ING FINALLY
This was just as bad as the Lylat Cruise's edge
Can we walljump on Omega PAC-LAND yet
No?
OK
Thunder Hand.

That is all. :4luigi:
Also Hammer
And Dreamy Luigi
WHEN
Luigi, M&L Luigi, and Poltergust Luigi
Neutral B
Fireball
Thunderhand
Poltergust (Element goes here)
Side B
Missle
Dreamy Luigi Ball Kick Thing That IDK The Name Of Because I Don't Own The Game And Know Nothing About It Because I Might Get It For Christmas
Poltergust Car (EU Hidden Mansion, Luigi drives the Poltergust when fighting Boolossus)
Down B
Tornado
Drill-Hat Bros. Move Thing from Paper Jam
Poltergust sucking stuff towards Luigi while spinning

MOVESETS MAKE 'EMSELVES :4luigi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom