• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Quick question, but does anyone know what the two first songs for Umbra Clock tower were?

I only have the 3DS version so I'm dying to know if "Let's Dance, Boys!" has a shot of being in.
The first two songs are "Let's Hit the Climax!" and "Theme of Bayonetta - Mysterious Destiny (Instrumental)". The former is in the original version and the latter is a remix.

There's also a remix of "Tomorrow is Mine" from Bayonetta 2.

I think the two remixes will be the two songs on the 3DS version.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wonder if the finality of the roster will spurn the modding scene to be a bit more active.
Let's be honest, the modding scene will look like crap because of the DLC fighters. Outside of the Wolf/Ice Climbers mods (maybe Snake), everything else will be mostly either cosmetic changes (alternative skins and costumes, changes of looks to stages), stages, music and other things but as for characters. Good luck, it'll take them almost half a year to get one character down and at most it's just someone simple like Dixie Kong or even Waluigi.

It's just gonna look worst than Brawl mods. I just want to see true changes like costumes, skins and stages. Because it takes actual detail to get the character right.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Let's be honest, the modding scene will look like crap because of the DLC fighters. Outside of the Wolf/Ice Climbers mods (maybe Snake), everything else will be mostly either cosmetic changes (alternative skins and costumes, changes of looks to stages), stages, music and other things but as for characters. Good luck, it'll take them almost half a year to get one character down and at most it's just someone simple like Dixie Kong or even Waluigi.

It's just gonna look worst than Brawl mods. I just want to see true changes like costumes, skins and stages. Because it takes actual detail to get the character right.
It was going to look worse then Brawl just because of the HD quality models the actual fighters are using.

I'm mostly looking forward to old stages and cut vets if that ever becomes possible, so I don't really care about Brawl level modding.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There was a problem fetching the tweet
What could possibly go wrong?
*puts on tinfoil hat*
You see, they knew this! This was part of their plan! The Bubsy IP has been cursed to brind despair, and when Nintendo or Valve take action, Akaloid or whoever they are will offer giving Bubsy to minimize the money they'll lose in court, giving those companies the Bubsy curse instead!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh good lord, this is the stupidest thing I've seen all day and it's from a dead character that should stay dead

image.png

Edit: Got :4greninja:.

Last edited:
Just started Kingdom Hearts BBS

Been waiting to play this game since release but no PSP.

Now i finally get to play because 2.5 :bluejump:. Venus holds the keyblade backwards. Good start

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I can only imagine the hate if Bayonetta had been Hades or Medusa.

This site would become a wasteland of salt.
Especially since it was just following Corrin.

The only thing I can think of that would cause more rage than a Kid Icarus character following a Fire Emblem character would be two Fire Emblem characters.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
everything else will be mostly either cosmetic changes (alternative skins and costumes, changes of looks to stages), stages, music and other things
Those are the things I'm the most hyped about honestly. Especially costumes and music.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just started Kingdom Hearts BBS

Been waiting to play this game since release but no PSP.

Now i finally get to play because 2.5 :bluejump:. Venus holds the keyblade backwards. Good start
I 100% BBS.
That includes beating Mysterious Figure as Terra.
I'm never touching that game again

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wonder what would happen if you delete your SSB save data but did not delete the DLC data... and then you started playing the game... would the game keep the DLC characters on the roster but you still have to unlock some characters like Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt.
That's what happened. Turning the game on took so long because I unlocked all the DLC at once.

I made up my own unlock rules for the DLC characters which is kinda fun.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I can only imagine the hate if Bayonetta had been Hades or Medusa.

This site would become a wasteland of salt.
I can see it now. " Sakurai is so bias, he only care about Fire emblem and Kid Icarus he hate [insert franchise that they think that don't get enough reps here] **** you Sakurai I hope you never work on another smash game again even though it's your own game." People will say Sakurai is bias either way, he's bias with Kirby, Kid Icarus and now Fire emblem he just can't win.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I heard a person said that all of the DLC characters are Obscure characters that are not needed (Despite Ryu being iconic, and Mewtwo a popular pokemon). This person is that I talked about was that kid that said Roy was completely useless to the roster.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I realised a problem with my previous height analysis for Bayonetta so I made a better one. She's actually just a little shorter than Rosalina (the screenshot with Rosalina is an official one from about the same camera angle that was being used as a height comparison between Rosalina, Mario, and Peach):

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I heard a person said that all of the DLC characters are Obscure characters that are not needed (Despite Ryu being iconic, and Mewtwo a popular pokemon). This person is that I talked about was that kid that said Roy was completely useless to the roster.
To be fair, Roy was initially added for the same reason as Corrin, but wasn't unique as he was a last minute clone, which imo is worse as the only thing I think about when seeing Roy is 'Fire Marth'. Seeing Corrin makes me think 'Palkia with a chainsaw who uses her arm as a lance'

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I made up my own unlock rules for the DLC characters which is kinda fun.
Oh, that's nice. I'll make this a thing.

3DS unlocks for DLC characters:
- Mewtwo: Clear Classic on 7.5 or higher as Pikachu or Charizard or play 130 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Unova Pokémon League
- Lucas: Hit Sandbag over 300.0 meters/984 feet on Home-Run Contest as Ness or play 140 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Magicant
- Roy: Clear Classic mode as Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina on any difficulty or play 150 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Arena Ferox
- Ryu: KO 1 opponent on Cruel Smash as Mega Man or play 160 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Suzaku Castle (which would be unlocked alongside Ryu)
- Cloud: Clear All-Star mode as 20 characters or play 170 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Midgar (which would be unlocked alongside Cloud)
- Corrin: Get a score of 20 on Rival Smash as Robin or play 180 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Arena Ferox
- Bayonetta: Get 200 KOs on Endless Smash or play 190 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Umbra Clock Tower (which would be unlocked alongside Bayonetta)

Unlock criteria for DLC stages:
- Dream Land (64): Clear Classic mode as Kirby on 7.0 or higher.
- Peach's Castle (64): Win 10 matches as Peach in versus mode.
- Hyrule Castle (64): Win Smash Run final battles as Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link.
- Super Mario Maker: Win 10 matches as Mario in versus mode.
- Duck Hunt: Clear Classic mode on any difficulty as Duck Hunt.
- Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta's stages would be unlocked alongside their characters.

Would do Wii U as well, but I've spent enough time with this already. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In the transition from Melee to Brawl, most series either kept the same number of characters or had an increase, with the exception of the Mario series that, with the removal of Dr. Mario, has a decrease of 5 to 4.

Similarly, the same happens with the transition from Brawl to Smash 3DS/Wii U, except it's Star Fox that has its number of characters decreased with the removal of Wolf, going back to have 2 characters, just like in Melee.

This is, of course, a bit of trivia.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Cloud's FAir is apparently a really good Meteor Smash ala Mario
That sounds REALLY fun
I really need to find some way to rummage up cash or find a code
I would totally have Cloud by now if Mom didn't steal 20 Bucks on a Temporary Credit Card that I got as an early Christmas Present to get TIM HORTONS FOR HERSELF

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Now I imagine Sakurai becoming super powerful and using all those swords at once by having them levitate around him.

All of this in anime style.
I need fanart of this, with a heavenly Iwata smiling from on high.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I actually agree with Gamexplain that adding wolf last minute is a total Sakurai thing to do, but it probably won't happen. I could see him maybe try it to counter corrin's salt, but again I doubt it.

And can I just say Mewtwo is so damn good now! I love the buffs he got!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oh, that's nice. I'll make this a thing.

3DS unlocks for DLC characters:
- Mewtwo: Clear Classic on 7.5 or higher as Pikachu or Charizard or play 130 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Unova Pokémon League
- Lucas: Hit Sandbag over 300.0 meters/984 feet on Home-Run Contest as Ness or play 140 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Magicant
- Roy: Clear Classic mode as Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina on any difficulty or play 150 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Arena Ferox
- Ryu: KO 1 opponent on Cruel Smash as Mega Man or play 160 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Suzaku Castle (which would be unlocked alongside Ryu)
- Cloud: Clear All-Star mode as 20 characters or play 170 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Midgar (which would be unlocked alongside Cloud)
- Corrin: Get a score of 20 on Rival Smash as Robin or play 180 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Arena Ferox
- Bayonetta: Get 200 KOs on Endless Smash or play 190 vs. matches. Unlock match stage: Umbra Clock Tower (which would be unlocked alongside Bayonetta)

Unlock criteria for DLC stages:
- Dream Land (64): Clear Classic mode as Kirby on 7.0 or higher.
- Peach's Castle (64): Win 10 matches as Peach in versus mode.
- Hyrule Castle (64): Win Smash Run final battles as Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link.
- Super Mario Maker: Win 10 matches as Mario in versus mode.
- Duck Hunt: Clear Classic mode on any difficulty as Duck Hunt.
- Ryu, Cloud and Bayonetta's stages would be unlocked alongside their characters.

Would do Wii U as well, but I've spent enough time with this already. :p
...this is way better than mine haha. I might steal a few off you! The Bayonetta one is so fitting.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Look what I found.

Poor, poor Chrom. Hey, at least he's a Mii costume along with the Black Knight. (I actually have both costumes.)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Cloud's FAir is apparently a really good Meteor Smash ala Mario
That sounds REALLY fun
I really need to find some way to rummage up cash or find a code
I would totally have Cloud by now if Mom didn't steal 20 Bucks on a Temporary Credit Card that I got as an early Christmas Present to get TIM HORTONS FOR HERSELF
I love Bottom-Page Curse
Now I imagine Sakurai becoming super powerful and using all those swords at once by having them levitate around him.

All of this in anime style.
This we need.
Someone make this.
I suck with photoshop so I can't.
Including the fact that I don't have photoshop.
Look what I found.

Poor, poor Chrom. Hey, at least he's a Mii costume along with the Black Knight. (I actually have both costumes.)
*insert sad flute music for Google Chrom*

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I wonder if the finality of the roster will spurn the modding scene to be a bit more active.
Probably once we know for certain when development for Smash 4 has officially stopped. I would like to try my hand on the modding scene myself since I kinda missed out on Brawl's.

I've also made a few models I wouldn't mind testing out once we reach a point where that's possible. (And frankly, I don't know what else to use them for.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom