• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I know, instead of three different customs for each special, just make three different versions of each character that you can use. You can have Mario, Dr. Mario, and Sunshine Mario. Luigi, M&L Luigi, and Poltergust Luigi, etc. Keep Falcondorf, make a Ganondorf who has a sword based moveset, and one who floats around like an actual evil warlock. Everyone wins! :troll:
Mortal Kombat style?

Interesting idea, but much too much work.
It's basically asking for the entire roster multiplied by three.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would love that! Especially since then Bayonneta can teach Pit how to properly equip his bows to his feet and use them effectively like her guns.

So many great things could come out of it.
As long as Hades is in there being a snarky *******, I'd buy that first day.
Exactly. Hades and Bayonetta on a nonstop teasing fest would be glorious. Pit would probably be the victim of it all.

In regards to the veterans' blander movesets, I'd say it's pretty much the only way to minimize roster cuts (something which Sakurai tries to aim for) especially now that the roster is quite big. Working on designs that were done in previous titles and only giving a few move changes at best is easier than working on something out of scratch.

Notice how we only have a total of 7 characters missing from previous installments. It's quite a modest number, if I do say so myself. Several other fighting games have had more cuts between iterations than Smash did.

Of those 7, there's Young Link, whose playstyle essentially was carried over Toon Link, so only technically 6 characters are missing. (Discounting the possibility of a revamp for simplicity's sake.)

If Ganondorf was made into this badass magic swordsman with floating abilities, projectiles and all that, it would amount to work that could go on a newcomer. That's why I say that keeping his old moveset has merits even though I'd be ecstatic if Ganondorf got a full revamp.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Can you imagine the backlash if they removed it?
Not like it matter since you can't do it with best husbando anyways
I suppose we had a glimpse of it when they removed it from Tomodachi Live. (Although that was some kind of glitch if I recall correctly....)

Edit: Thanks for eating my post again, Smashboards.... :T

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
@Zoroarking

Any nuzlocke updates? I'm just waiting to get a Pokemon from a Honey Tree now, no team changes :c

at least ganondorf has a sword move, though. It's not a unique move, but eh.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Jesus christ is Climhazard so fun to kill with, what's everyone's favourite move to kill with Cloud? Nothing more satisfying than sticking a sword in their chest and flying upwards, and if they thought they lived, slamming it back down!
Idk, down+B's a pretty satisfying kill move when your opponent's so scared of it you can taste their fear...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hey PushDustIn PushDustIn since Smash speculation is pretty much over.... I was wondering if you could write an article about Japan's view of Golden Sun and/or Advance Wars.

The west loves the two series but I wanna know how Japan views them, if they want a sequel and what they liked and disliked about them. Maybe a comparison between Eastern and Western views.

This isn't in relation to Smash but just a thing in general.

You could do several other more obscure series. You could even make a poll for which series get done first.
Will add that to the list of projects. Thanks for the suggestions!

Next week, I'll be working on a big project.
I'm going to start re-writing Unseen 64's articles on all of the Smash's. Hoping to finish Smash for Wii U/ 3DS before the new year.

So, it seems that Sakurai was concerned in regards to having so many FE characters, but gameplay was more important.

He wasn't chosen because he is a FE character but because he stands out in regards to abilities.

Could PushDustIn PushDustIn lend a hand in translating that tweet?
Finished.

It's nice to see Sakurai confirm the logic I presented in the reaction post on SG.

O dear japanese informant PushDustIn PushDustIn , how do you think are the odds the DLC characters will have their own custom moves as for now ?

Love,
FSG
1%

Wait? Do you think they planned all the DLC fighters before the game released and just developed them afterwards? Or at least planned DLC near the end of development?
I wouldn't be surprised if the DLC fighters were planned, or at least decided before development fully finished. However, I do believe in the good book of Gematsu 100%, but I might have just opened another can of worms....:p[/spoiler]

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I left the character support group because it's gotten to the point people are coming up with baseless, ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Enough is enough. I appreciate your invitation and dedication to the group @Zebei, but I'm done with speculation, so it's not a place I want to be anymore.

I think this is the only thread I actually want to continue posting. Not just because I have mod duties here, but this is where the people of the old Leaks group hang out, which I'm on friendlier terms with.

The Smash fanbase's general negativity and salt has really worn me out.

Finished.

It's nice to see Sakurai confirm the logic I presented in the reaction post on SG.
Thanks a lot.

Just a tidbit: I'm not sure if you realized, but Sakurai was talking with (male) Corrin's Japanese VA.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
COLECO Chameleon is a versatile new video-game system that serves as a modern day take on the classic game console and will accurately play classic games from the past. The COLECO Chameleon also has the ability play brand-new games in the 8-, 16- and 32-bit styles, a growing and popular genre in today's game scape.
Wasn't the Ouya marketed similarly? Worked well for them, right?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Finished.

Still basically the same message theorized by some, written differently.

Oh, any unwritten ideas for articles? I'd love to contribute once more.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This would have probably worked better in the past but will severely lag in this day and age. Many people now expect lots of games while taking little space (while physical games aren't going any time soon, digital copy sales are greatly and constantly growing as time goes by).

Today you can actually buy retro consoles like Sega Genesis, Intellivision, & Atari 2600 at places like Toys "R" Us for $45 and each include a range between 60 to 100 games BUILT IN. That's still pretty tough competition for what Coleco is trying to offer.

I doubt it'll be successful.

Last edited:

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So just as a question Push, even though Smash speculation is now pretty much over aside from possible buff/nerf hopes.

Is it still possible to have "Case For: ______" articles on Source Gaming? Obviously they'd be oriented towards Smash 5 or Smash NX or Complete Edition or whatever, but would it be too soon for them or are they still acceptable.

Also, as for article ideas, I'd like to maybe see a few articles on retro characters/series and the viewpoints on them. Fondly remembered series, ones that people would like to see get reboots ala KI:U, and possibly translations regarding old information for some that never really got brought overseas.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I might boot up my Wii and Brawl from time to time to play as Snake and Wolf.

Fortunately, both the new game and Brawl share a lot of stages and characters, as well as items, so I can always go for a nostalgia trip.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I left the character support group because it's gotten to the point people are coming up with baseless, ridiculous conspiracy theories.

Enough is enough. I appreciate your invitation and dedication to the group @Zebei, but I'm done with speculation, so it's not a place I want to be anymore.

I think this is the only thread I actually want to continue posting. Not just because I have mod duties here, but this is where the people of the old Leaks group hang out, which I'm on friendlier terms with.

The Smash fanbase's general negativity and salt has really worn me out.

Thanks a lot.

Just a tidbit: I'm not sure if you realized, but Sakurai was talking with (male) Corrin's Japanese VA.
Yeah I knew that :)

Still basically the same message theorized by some, written differently.

Oh, any unwritten ideas for articles? I'd love to contribute once more.
Yes, there are a lot more! I'll send you the article doc. You should just join SG as a regular member at this point :p

So just as a question Push, even though Smash speculation is now pretty much over aside from possible buff/nerf hopes.

Is it still possible to have "Case For: ______" articles on Source Gaming? Obviously they'd be oriented towards Smash 5 or Smash NX or Complete Edition or whatever, but would it be too soon for them or are they still acceptable.

Also, as for article ideas, I'd like to maybe see a few articles on retro characters/series and the viewpoints on them. Fondly remembered series, ones that people would like to see get reboots ala KI:U, and possibly translations regarding old information for some that never really got brought overseas.
Yes, we are still doing Case for:____ articles. I've been thinking of doing a Case for Smash NX in the very near future.

I know @Spazzy_D wanted to do the Case for: Gex based on the absurd amount of people suggesting Gex in "Who is an All-Star" poll.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pretty sure gex isn't an all star

If he is, bubsy friggin' is

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not going to lie, I never heard of Gex until 4-5 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah I knew that :)
Oh, so you did.

Interesting coincidence that he voices Corrin, since he starred in the anime Parasyte as the main protagonist and I think he simply nailed the role there.

Parasyte happens to be one of the best anime I've had the pleasure to watch, so it's kind of awesome that the main VA from it also has a role in Smash, one of my favorite video game series.

Of course, this is the time I lament the lack of voice language options, but beggars can't be choosers...

BADGE ARCADE BUNNY

CONFIRMED

something something Daisy
Daisy is to Mario Maker as Chrom is to Smash. :chuckle:

Also, that moment when you realize that Cloud and Bayonetta will probably be in Mario Maker through amiibo functionality.

(And I think I'll be off for the night...)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Gex actually has a lot of sales under his belt

I forgot the exact the number... But the series was a success that faded away for no reason.

@Spazzy_D help pls
None of his games were especially good, and used the exact same pop culture humor and puns like bubsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom