• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Unique characters should always stay? Explain Wolf then.
umm wasn't unique enough plus most of his moves were added to foxes customs ... salty yet worry not when the next be in
Simple. Why ELSE would Lucas and Wolf have been cut? Also

It becomes spam when all of your posts are easily summarized as 'WEHWEH BAYO IS IN SMASH AND I DON'T LIKE HER'
I just thought of her as a mayo jar now XD lol anyway she ems really strong ... stronger than ZSS sooo much butthurt lol
This is relatable
same XD
Anyway im soo poor I don't even Cloud yet

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
After watching a fan made video of Palutena's Guidance for the first 4 DLC characters, I hope that same team will do the same for the last 3 DLC characters.

Unless Nintendo actually decides to make their own Guidance conversations in a patch. I mean, they took the effort of bringing back Pit's and Palutena's voice actors for the Bayonetta trailer.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know what's weird? The pages for Bayonetta and corrin don't have ingame photos. I wonder why?

Chrono.

Yeah, but they did, and usually in game shots come with a website page. Which is what I find odd.

Yeah, but they clearly have enough done to have screenshots.
Bayo looks ok

Not so sure about Corrin, something about their human model looks really off to me >_>

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
After watching a fan made video of Palutena's Guidance for the first 4 DLC characters, I hope that same team will do the same for the last 3 DLC characters.

Unless Nintendo actually decides to made their own Guidance conversations in a patch. I mean, they took the effort of bringing back Pit's and Palutena's voice actors for the Bayonetta trailer.
Now that I think about it, it could be that they just didn't record the Guidances for DLC characters until it was finished.

Now that DLC is finished, it's possible that they got the actors back to do all the Guidances in one session rather keep calling the actors over and over every time they would decide on a character. It's more efficient that way and less risky in regards to the actors' schedules and the possibility of them not being available.

Of course, it could have been just something for the trailer as the KIU characters' interaction with Bayonetta was a call back to the fact Bayonetta fights angels in her games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unless Nintendo actually decides to made their own Guidance conversations in a patch. I mean, they took the effort of bringing back Pit's and Palutena's voice actors for the Bayonetta trailer.
Palutena's impersonating is really good
Pit is passable
Hades doesn't even sound like him
Viridi is just awful

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Have you ever been playing a game (a strategy game, not Smash) against someone, and they were getting the better of you for the most part, but you held on and on, making all the right plays to stay in the game until finally, when it's nearing the end, the perfect opportunity comes for you to make a glorious comeback and the plan is all set to go...but then you instinctively do a small extra thing that means you just barely can't do the last step of that perfect plan and you lose the match as a result after all that hard work?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bayo looks ok

Not so sure about Corrin, something about their human model looks really off to me >_>
True, they may want to polish the models, as when in action they can't be as easy to look at and notice any potential flaws with.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Might as well get this out of my system. It's not really necessary to read, so you can move on to the paragraph below if you want.

Honestly, I don't know if I'm ever going to enjoy playing as Corrin anymore. The character is so damn controversial that all the (sometimes justified, sometimes not justified) negativity is ruining my perception of him as a fighter. I think it's advisable for me to take a break from Smash-related forum content for some time, just so I can maintain a healthier mindset about this.

Before I take my eventual leave, however, I might as well ask all of you - what were your experiences like within the speculation community these past few years? Does anybody have any stories to share?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I took a picture of Cloud on the Midgar stage while the Bahamut Zero summon was going and he...

kinda just turned into Zack.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Might as well get this out of my system. It's not really necessary to read, so you can move on to the paragraph below if you want.

Honestly, I don't know if I'm ever going to enjoy playing as Corrin anymore. The character is so damn controversial that all the (sometimes justified, sometimes not justified) negativity is ruining my perception of him as a fighter. I think it's advisable for me to take a break from Smash-related forum content for some time, just so I can maintain a healthier mindset about this.

Before I take my eventual leave, however, I might as well ask all of you - what were your experiences like within the speculation community these past few years? Does anybody have any stories to share?
Bro.

Chill.

I don't see how someone else's opinion on a character should affect you playing them. That's ridiculously childish.

Like I have this hilarious mental image of a guy staring at the CSS hovering over Corrin and saying "No... I can't... someone else dislikes your inclusion"

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I might go try it with other blonde characters actually. People have been having a "black haired Rosalina" fetish on the internet lately.

Also black hair Shulk would probably look interesting.

Another thing - I really like the detail in Cloud's eye movements:

He actually looks at the Buster Sword when he's "checking" it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I made a thing!

So not that the Squid kids can dance, can they join Smash and dance with Bayonetta to one day?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
The lighting effects on the buster sword are gawd like. Seriously, go Cloud on bridge of Eldin.

D

Deleted member

At the Mii Costumes thing:
After K. Rool, it became obvious to me they were consolation prizes
Inklings at least had their game but K. Rool would never get anything besides the trophy(that he already had) if it weren't for popularity
We even got Lloyd Irving, a bunch of Mega Man characters and ****ing Geno got a splash art
They only exist because of the ballot

Corrin is my favorite newcomer after Robin
As you can see, I'm a FE weeb
Bayonetta looks complicated as **** but I love her
It's funny, during smash 4 speculation I was a bit of an anti weeb. But because of some maturing and especially my boyfriend, I slowly become more and more of a weeb. :p Just more and mor over time.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

My story:

2013: Wrecked by arguers.

2014: Wrecked by arguers.

2015:
Ken: Me
Chun-li: Those who are argued against me with Bayonetta and non-iconic characters

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
To me the DLC has final set in stone with me.
While my top 2 didn't get in.
And while my other two veterans are still MIA.
I generally think this DLC is pretty spectacular. The stages, the costumes, the music and the Fighters.
I got my main DLC Fighter in the game. So I have nothing to complain about.:4lucas:
I got two new secondary's :4mewtwo::4feroy:
Even if I don't want them I don't have to buy them even though Bayonetta is someone I can't wait to try out.
And hey, Smash will be talked about throughout 2016 again mark my words.
Because they still have to show and release the:4cloud:,:4bayonetta:&:4corrin: Amiibo. :p
Can't wait to own all the Smash bros Amiibo :seuss:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
When rewatching the new character vids, I can't help but cringe at the character conversations in the Corrin trailer.

Am I the only one (I haven't made any hard investments in the Fire Emblem series, fyi)?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
When rewatching the new character vids, I can't help but cringe at the character conversations in the Corrin trailer.

Am I the only one (I haven't made any hard investments in the Fire Emblem series, fyi)?
Oh I cringed too.

I hope the voice acting isn't like that in the actual game and this was just a rushed recording for the Smash trailer.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, since I've been gone for two days since...you know, I'm leaving Smashboards (I don't know if I established this), I'm going to share my thoughts about the final batch of DLC now.

Corrin looks awesome. I've always liked the design, and a water dragon with a chainsaw sword is pretty rad.
But at the same time, I feel guilty for liking her so much, because they're a...I'm going to say it...a bad inclusion. At least for DLC.

The effort that could have been spent on a neglected series or a frontrunning Nintendo character...was spent on a character that advertises a series that is now getting it's 3rd newcomer this game.

People are definitely acting like asses about it, but people shouldn't try to white-knight Sakurai, because he is wearing his love for Fire Emblem on his sleeve right now.
That being said, I think Corrin was probably one of the last options on a list of potential newcomers, and I can see why he would have been chosen over, say, Elma, even if she was more popular from what I understand.

And again, I, personally am excited for Corrin and will definitely be playing her.

But you know who I'm really excited for? ****ING BAYONETTA.
I defended the idea of Bayonetta since a lot of people dismissed her, but even I didn't actually expect her. Yet here we are.

I also have always liked the character anyways despite not having played her games...but I'm about to fix that. In order to celebrate her addition I have acquired Bayonetta 1 & 2 to get a feel for the character and because I hear they're really awesome games.
B A Y O B O Y S :4bayonetta:

Mii Costumes:

- Geno fans getting thrown a bone is pretty hilarious and amazing.

- Takamaru and Ashley costumes were something I completely expected since they're both popular choices. Upset about no Fused Shadow hat though.

- Sonic costumes are great. Tails is cute meanwhile KNUCKLES AND KNUCKLES WITH KNUCKLES.
Too bad there's no Sonic costume, though, I wanted to create a Blonic Mii. D:

- I have no idea who the yellow Knight is.

- The Bionic Armor is ****ing rad. I thought it was a Federation Force costume at first though, lol.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the content we got, but I wish there was more. Like, really, not a single Melee stage in the final announcement? The Mii costumes we got were fine, but I was hoping for at least one new Zelda hat or costume.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Am I the only one here waiting until after Christmas to get Cloud & Midgar? I have this no buying for myself rule when it comes to my birthday and Christmas.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I took a picture of Cloud on the Midgar stage while the Bahamut Zero summon was going and he...

kinda just turned into Zack.
It's funny because Clouds original design had black hair.
Obviously Sakurai wanted to keep him as close to source material as possible.
Truly he is the greatest.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was thinking about extensions and I realized we need one that turns common speculative words into the word "kitten."

Deserves? Kitten.

Reps? Kittens.

Relevant? Kitten.

Unique? Kitten.

Anime? Kitten.

Clone? Kitten.

Swordfighter? Kitten.

Chrono.

I did too, it was bad.

Especially the "Big Brother is Big Sister now. It's better this way"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I've played awakening only. I thought the dialogue was weird, but that's because the situation is weird as the took it directly from the game. This is even reflected in the reactions of the characters from fates on corrina's newcomer art:

Especially on the sister's face. They are like:

" What is even going on right now!"

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Bro.

Chill.

I don't see how someone else's opinion on a character should affect you playing them. That's ridiculously childish.

Like I have this hilarious mental image of a guy staring at the CSS hovering over Corrin and saying "No... I can't... someone else dislikes your inclusion"
That's not it. I'm under the weather right now, so my cognitive abilities are considerably impaired right now (I can barely structure my sentences properly). I'm basically throwing out thoughts with reason, as a result. Nonetheless, I'll try to explain myself better, even if I didn't word it correctly as I intended.

More or less I'm tired of hearing all the complaints about the character (even if they are justified), and if I'm going to play the character (and I will), I think it's better for for my first impressions (which is an important psychological aspect of an observer) to be positive rather than negative. Corrin is a character I'm neutral on, so I don't want to be negatively influenced by all these bad experiences other people are having with him. I don't see how that is "ridiculously childish" to want to like a character even when others are telling you not to.

I've been planning my leave accordingly for some time, and all this negativity is only accelerating the process. I don't want to imply I'm throwing a tantrum or anything, I'm just plainly stating what I was going to be doing anyways. It was not my intention to sound like I'm giving up just because of something as simple as this. Again, maybe what I'm thinking doesn't translate well when I say it.

I really don't want to leave a half-assed assumption on my part to be my final legacy in this thread, so I'd just leave it at this and just ask everyone here what they thought of their time in these boards.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

I made a thing!

So not that the Squid kids can dance, can they join Smash and dance with Bayonetta to one day?
So you actually want squids (i.e. hentai incarnate) and Bayonetta in the same game?
How lewd!
Think of the children!
I'm down

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So you actually want squids (i.e. hentai incarnate) and Bayonetta in the same game?
How lewd!
Think of the children!
I'm down
There's going to be Ink Everywhere!!!......

In the Blackbelly Skatepark stage that is!

Although thinking about that could get bad ( fanart wise) fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom