• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've played awakening only. I thought the dialogue was weird, but that's because the situation is weird as the took it directly from the game. This is even reflected in the reactions of the characters from fates on corrina's newcomer art:

Especially on the sister's face. They are like:

" What is even going on right now!"
Mario and Rosalina/Luma are my favourite part of this.

The other Smash characters are all serious and stuff, getting ready to battle.

Meanwhile Mario's like "Sakurai let-a-nuther anime character-a-in?". He even has that little sweat mark.

And Rosalina is shocked since they probably literally came from the cosmos beneath her gown. :V

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hey guys, had a big performance, had no time to be here. But..

Me last night: BAYONETTA?!?!!? NO! Ugh, this is the worst.

Me this afternoon: Well, she isn't that bad...

Me now: I'm maining Bayonetta, she's my friend

Now Corrin...

Me at every time: No.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
There's going to be Ink Everywhere!!!......

In the Blackbelly Skatepark stage that is!

Although thinking about that could get bad ( fanart wise) fast...
It'd be like that one scene from Finding Nemo except one millions times more lewd...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm kinda neutral on Corrin. On one hand, it's FE Fates and I'm kind of wary about that game.

On the other, he's a ****ing dragon with a chainsaw sword.

And yeah, the voice acting on the trailer was kind of too cheesy, but it's okay, since Bayonetta's trailer blew it out of the water in that regard with her glorious sass.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Okay, since I've been gone for two days since...you know, I'm leaving Smashboards (I don't know if I established this), I'm going to share my thoughts about the final batch of DLC now.

Corrin looks awesome. I've always liked the design, and a water dragon with a chainsaw sword is pretty rad.
But at the same time, I feel guilty for liking her so much, because they're a...I'm going to say it...a bad inclusion. At least for DLC.

The effort that could have been spent on a neglected series or a frontrunning Nintendo character...was spent on a character that advertises a series that is now getting it's 3rd newcomer this game.

People are definitely acting like ***** about it, but people shouldn't try to white-knight Sakurai, because he is wearing his love for Fire Emblem on his sleeve right now.
That being said, I think Corrin was probably one of the last options on a list of potential newcomers, and I can see why he would have been chosen over, say, Elma, even if she was more popular from what I understand.

And again, I, personally am excited for Corrin and will definitely be playing her.

But you know who I'm really excited for? ****ING BAYONETTA.
I defended the idea of Bayonetta since a lot of people dismissed her, but even I didn't actually expect her. Yet here we are.

I also have always liked the character anyways despite not having played her games...but I'm about to fix that. In order to celebrate her addition I have acquired Bayonetta 1 & 2 to get a feel for the character and because I hear they're really awesome games.
B A Y O B O Y S :4bayonetta:

Mii Costumes:

- Geno fans getting thrown a bone is pretty hilarious and amazing.

- Takamaru and Ashley costumes were something I completely expected since they're both popular choices. Upset about no Fused Shadow hat though.

- Sonic costumes are great. Tails is cute meanwhile KNUCKLES AND KNUCKLES WITH KNUCKLES.
Too bad there's no Sonic costume, though, I wanted to create a Blonic Mii. D:

- I have no idea who the yellow Knight is.

- The Bionic Armor is ****ing rad. I thought it was a Federation Force costume at first though, lol.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the content we got, but I wish there was more. Like, really, not a single Melee stage in the final announcement? The Mii costumes we got were fine, but I was hoping for at least one new Zelda hat or costume.
You're leaving, man? We've had our ups and downs but I consider you a friend. Why are you leaving?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
:4corrin::4bayonetta:
Oh boy, broken emotes
Bayonnaise (Yes I'm gonna keep calling her that) and M!Corrin seem to be gone from my perspective.
They'll probably fix themselves in time :4pacman:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So

Time for the realest question

F!Kamui or M!Kamui and Bayo1!Bayo or Bayo2!Bayo?

F!Kamui and Bayo 2 all the way for me.

Fight to the death.

In a calm manner please.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Something bothers me right about the 3ds version. Right now the max including Cloud is 697. The max is 707. Yet when you count the 4 trophies of Bayonetta and Corrin and the 2 Fates trophies that adds up to 703. What are the rest of the 4?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I had the same issue, but they're back now for me.
Is there no F!Corrin icon?
F!Corrin works for me :4corrinf:
- - - - -
At the end of the day
The reason I love the current number of characters
upload_2015-12-16_22-16-23.png

NO ODD BLANK SPACES OR EXTRA LINES IN THE DISCUSSION BOARDS
THIS, MEIN FRIEUNDS, IS A HAPPY LITTLE RECTANGLE.
WE SAVED THE FORUM.
It's the small things. :4pacman:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So

Fight to the death.

In a calm manner please.
F!Corrin 100% all the way. They fixed my only issue with her official design - she has pants instead of a lingerie covered by a loincloth.

However, I can't choose between Bayo1 or 2. Don't make me choose D:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So

Fight to the death.

In a calm manner please.
Neither suits me...

....so I choose Heropon!Riki!!!!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So

Fight to the death.

In a calm manner please.
F!Corrin definitely
And unsure between B1!Bayo and B2!Bayo
B1 is awesome because the Christmas Tree Hair is funny and the Black + Red FX look GORGEOUS
B2 is awesome because KirBayo + more Sleek Look

Shroob

Sup?
Something bothers me right about the 3ds version. Right now the max including Cloud is 697. The max is 707. Yet when you count the 4 trophies of Bayonetta and Corrin and the 2 Fates trophies that adds up to 703. What are the rest of the 4?
2 for Korrin
2 for his brothers
2 for Bayonetta
4 for Bayonetta in general

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"He's my big brother!"

Yeah the voice acting and writing was pretty bad in the trailer.

The song however, was phenominal.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So

Fight to the death.

In a calm manner please.
I remember when Robin was announced, almost everyone pretty much said they were gonna use F!Robin, so I decided I'd try to rep M!Robin whenever I use him.

Let it be known that I didn't keep that promise. So I'll just say F!Kamui ahead of time.

As for Bayonetta... I'll probably use Bayo2!Bayonetta more, but I'll definitely pick Bayo1!Bayonetta a lot too.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It was a logical assumption, but acting like it was clear as water since the beginning now isn't a really good attitude. I will admit, Burb Burb and all those who thought the costume were deconfirmation were right. However, can you really blame those who thought the contrary (or were neutral on the case)? All they did was believing that there was still hope for their characters (or didn't know what to think) when the only "proof" of deconfirmation was the assumption that a costume of a non-playable character hurt them. Sure, it's more proof than for the "it doesn't hurt case", but it's a kinda weak one to be honest. Acting like it was the absolute truth isn't really right.
..........Yup, I can blame the people who thought otherwise. Just like the people who thought Assist Trophies and Bosses could be made playable through DLC should be blamed. If you sat there, and thought to yourself "Hmmm.....would the developers really spend time making a costume for this character, rather than just pouring all their effort into a fighter version and give the costume to someone else? .....Nah, they'd totally make a K. Rool Mii costume and then a fighter later on.", then yes, you are 100% at fault.

There was plenty of reason to think that Mii Costumes disconfirmed characters. We wouldn't be having this conversation right now if there wasn't, because none of us would've thought that.

On the Mii Costumes: I feel like they should've been a bit clear from the start that ballot choices that won't make the cut will be Mii'd.

On the other hand, the fact that Chrom, K.Rool and Lloyd ****ing Irving ended up as Mii Costumes while they all had the distinction of being popular among hardcore fans should've been enough of a clue.
Err....Lloyd was the least popular of the three listed by far. Across all the Smash forums I visit, I only recall seeing two or three Lloyd supporters. And they were all pre-launch. I never saw a single Lloyd DLC supporter.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So

Fight to the death.

In a calm manner please.
If I play him, probably male Corrin.

Bayonetta? I can't decide. I'll probably use both evenly

D

Deleted member

So

Fight to the death.

In a calm manner please.
Aaaand, turns out I'm going the complete opposite. :p Make Corrin and Bayo 1 for me. Of course, I'm a weirdo, so take my opinion for granted. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Been gone all day from a long drive home.
. . And getting a new puppy named Magnus :D

Now for the awkward part where he doesn't listen and pees everywhere. . .

Catching up i saw a lot of people reacting to salt way worse than the actual salty people and multiple huge hypocrites . . . . Thats kind of sad :ohwell:

Wow, how literal. :laugh:
>xenoblade
>cloud
>puns

This is how you get my attention

RIP Kenith Kenith . You were a cool dude and will be missed ;_;7

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You're leaving, man? We've had our ups and downs but I consider you a friend. Why are you leaving?
Two years of arguing and elitism that became more unbearable every passing day.

And I don't have friends here. I always feel like the least-liked of any community I take part in here. I don't like Smashboards, and Smashboards doesn't like me. It's as simple as that.

That's why I am leaving.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Been gone all day from a long drive home.
. . And getting a new puppy named Magnus :D

Now for the awkward part where he doesn't listen and pees everywhere. . .

Catching up i saw a lot of people reacting to salt way worse than the actual salty people and multiple huge hypocrites . . . . Thats kind of sad :ohwell:

>xenoblade
>cloud
>puns

This is how you get my attention

RIP Kenith Kenith . You were a cool dude and will be missed ;_;7
I demand pictures.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm gonna use BOTH Bayonettas and F!Corrin

I might use Male Corrin depending on his alt.
I remember when Robin was announced, almost everyone pretty much said they were gonna use F!Robin, so I decided I'd try to rep M!Robin whenever I use him.

Let it be known that I didn't keep that promise. So I'll just say F!Kamui ahead of time.

As for Bayonetta... I'll probably use Bayo2!Bayonetta more, but I'll definitely pick Bayo1!Bayonetta a lot too.
Actually I wanted to use M!Robin from the start. I love David Vincent's voice alot and I like M!Robin's design over F!Robin

Now it's the total opposite for Corrin.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

And I don't have friends here. I always feel like the least-liked of any community I take part in here. I don't like Smashboards, and Smashboards doesn't like me. It's as simple as that.

That's why I am leaving.
Best of luck either way. I apologise if I ever made you feel bad.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So something has crossed my mind regarding Bayonetta.

Some people are saying that Sakurai made up the idea of her winning the ballot and he simply choose her. This just came to me however...

Wouldn't Nintendo have a say or influence on the ballot? They must have known what Sakurai was going to choose, and it couldn't have been just Sakurai looking at these votes. So if he wanted Bayonetta, they must have actually seen where she stood in the ballot.

I know it seems like I'm talking about her a bit too much, but Bayonetta has gotten me really interested in her.

That's why I am leaving.
Well I thought you were alright. But hey, if you feel like leaving, then that's perfectly fine. Seeing people leave the Smash speculation is sad, but that's how things are going to be sadly.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
From what I've heard, the Japanese trailer was re-recorded from the original take, even the "Decision" scene was clearly different from the original in the game. So I could believe that the English went through the same thing and they quickly put it together, especially considering the E3 trailer.

Personally, I'm mostly fine with the actual voices for the characters (for instance, Ryoma sounds like what I would expect), it's just the dialogue that came off as pretty cheesy to me. I feel they'll be better in the game as that will be more in context for the voice actors and voice direction then just a quick trailer, but we'll see soon enough.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

That's why I am leaving.
Hey look man, I've always been a friend, a genuine friend. We had our differences but that doesn't mean I'm not fond of you. I told you this once before but we've always care about you man, don't feel like your neglected or unlinked here. Trust me on that

TRUST ME ON THAT

But if you wanna go then that's fine but I will miss you so much.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

That's why I am leaving.
But I had a fellow Ken, now what am I going to do...

Sorry to hear though, I never had a beef with ya.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So something has crossed my mind regarding Bayonetta.

Some people are saying that Sakurai made up the idea of her winning the ballot and he simply choose her. This just came to me however...

Wouldn't Nintendo have a say or influence on the ballot? They must have known what Sakurai was going to choose, and it couldn't have been just Sakurai looking at these votes. So if he wanted Bayonetta, they must have actually seen where she stood in the ballot.

I know it seems like I'm talking about her a bit too much, but Bayonetta has gotten me really interested in her.
I think that's thinking too deep about it and feels a bit like looking for some sort of conspiracy.

I'm just gonna take Sakurai's word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom