• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
One of the two Sakurai spaces ("He says it's the end of DLC" or "He never says it's the end of DLC") is a free spot, too.
Actually, you'll know the answer to that soon! Sakurai talks about DLC in a new interview. Just waiting for a final check.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I find it funny that Paper Mario is folded up that way XD. Pretty creative I might add.

Voted Wolf. Seven times. No regrets.
I actually thought about voting for Crash Bandicoot that many times, but thought it would've been too much for me XD. So I just settled on one lol.

8-Player Smash on stages that are disabled.
I actually found more footage of that right here.
:troll:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Push secretly hates all of us.

This is proof he enjoys to torture us

You like leaks right? Leak your article!
The check is to ensure the proper meaning was captured. If I leaked it, then I might get some things wrong and then spend 10 years trying to fix misconceptions. I'd rather get it correct on the first go.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The check is to ensure the proper meaning was captured. If I leaked it, then I might get some things wrong and then spend 10 years trying to fix misconceptions. I'd rather get it correct on the first go.
Wait? He says whether the end of DLC for Smash is coming or not? This should be interesting...

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
I actually found more footage of that right here.
:troll:
I kept saying to myself "It's a rickroll, it's a rickroll..."
you didn't disappoint :p
See, I'd rather believe that this is the last of the Smash DLC, and then be very surprised if Sakurai gives us more...
and then rick rolls us and tells us it's actually the last batch

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Sorry for sending the thread into a discussion about Paper Mario, lol.
I should also add, he was the only one I voted for, and only once.

In terms of what I really want to see...I mean, aside from my other favorite Mario characters, I honestly hope we get a Zelda Newcomer. it feels like its been ages, since Toon Link only replaced Young Link. I want a brand new Zelda character.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Actually, you'll know the answer to that soon! Sakurai talks about DLC in a new interview. Just waiting for a final check.
Weeeeeeeeelllllllllll, in that case....

Here's another updated bingo card with those squares replaced.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Whoa, its that big?
Well, some parts of it are big. But I'm sure the hype machine will take it and run with it.

I think the big information (in my eyes) will get partly overshadowed. =/

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Seeing that 8-Player Smash can work on every stage, means that what was holding it back was items, ATs and Pokemon, am I right?

So why they just cut the items off then so every stage can work. I people can sacrifice items for every stage to use 8-Player Smash

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
It'll be done when the check is finished. You guys will be the first to know, I promise.
I'm not rushing you guys or anything =). Take you time. Do whatever you guys can so no misinformation doesn't happen at all.
O V E R H Y P E B O Y S

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Hehehehehehehhehehehehehhehe.
So doing the genocide run. And make it to Sans. And I've been fighting him for the past two hours. I mean
What
What is this boss fight.

He is driving me crazy. What kind of madman designed this guy. How is this fair. It's like. what.

The farthest I've gotten was where he was about to use his special attack. Specifically he said, "I'm going to use it next turn." And then I died before next turn came.

The worst part is this probably isn't even the final boss of this route. There is probably some more insane boss waiting for me.

Oh. My God.

I'm taking a break. Maybe go back to X. I thought I would've beaten Undertale a lot sooner. Emphasis on maybe though. I have a slight headache from focusing too hard on the computer screen for the past couple of hours.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So doing the genocide run. And make it to Sans. And I've been fighting him for the past two hours. I mean
What
What is this boss fight.

He is driving me crazy. What kind of madman designed this guy. How is this fair. It's like. what.

The farthest I've gotten was where he was about to use his special attack. Specifically he said, "I'm going to use it next turn." And then I died before next turn came.

The worst part is this probably isn't even the final boss of this route. There is probably some more insane boss waiting for me.

Oh. My God.

I'm taking a break. Maybe go back to X. I thought I would've beaten Undertale a lot sooner. Emphasis on maybe though. I have a slight headache from focusing too hard on the computer screen for the past couple of hours.
Nope. Sans is the final boss.
From there on in, with Rank 20 LV, the game kindly holds your hand (And by that I mean autopilot) as you watch a certain Plant and a certain Goat die.
And it slaps you in the heart a few times over.
And then, you're given a choice.
The rest is up to you, lad.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Nope. Sans is the final boss.
From there on in, with Rank 20 LV, the game kindly holds your hand (And by that I mean autopilot) as you watch a certain Plant and a certain Goat die.
And it slaps you in the heart a few times over.
And then, you're given a choice.
The rest is up to you, lad.
If you continue, you will end up meeting the scariest character of all time. Now everytime I'm in the dark, I can only see him/her.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
What
What is this boss fight.

Oh. My God.

okay see sans is ment to be ******* hard hes litterally trying to get you to quit the game genocide isnt ment to be fun afterall

What
What is this boss fight.

Oh. My God.

he isn't MEANT to be fair. That's the point.
and you dont know what unfair is yet. Give it a sec ;)
i could talk about what is after that . . .but I wont. :p
If you continue, you will end up meeting the scariest character of all time. Now everytime I'm in the dark, I can only see him/her.
now THAT is a stretch

(lol the spoiler tags)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
There was a big Smash thank you project run by Pacack Pacack at one point. But I think it might've gotten discontinued or something. Be sure to be really dedicated to such a project.
Yeah, it was really, really hard to keep up with.

That said, a lot of art and signatures are still there, so maybe it's possible to salvage.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
What
What is this boss fight.

Oh. My God.
This is why I want to do the genocide run. Undertale is too easy in my opinion (I didn't die a single time out of my 2 playthroughs) and this boss fight REALLY makes me want to give it a try. The only thing is that I... well

Even if I managed to somehow kill Toriel (again) there is no way I could ever kill Papyrus. I'd feel like complete and total garbage for killing anyone in that game to be honest.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
What
What is this boss fight.

Oh. My God.
Perhaps you might consider just giving up. Might be the only chance you have to save what's left of your soul, anyway. :p

You monster. :reverse:

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
okay see sans is ment to be ******* hard hes litterally trying to get you to quit the game genocide isnt ment to be fun afterall
Honestly, if thats the case...

...They did a really poor job at it.

Because as much as I call it unfair, I'm still making progress, I'm still having some fun even if I get frustrated. Like all the attacks feel like I can avoid them and are satisfying when I do. It's just the little mistakes that cost a lot that make me frustrated.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Not necessarily do DLC or for a hypothetical Smash 5, but moreso in general who are your most wanted characters that aren't super popular with the community (this means characters besides K. Rool, Ridley, Dixie, Wonder Red, Isaac, Shantae, Paper Mario, Inklings, Wolf, Snake, IC, etc.)? I made the distinction because I know if I ask this question with it the above and others are likely to take up the majority of the answers without any real variety.

Mine are, in no particular order:

• Sami (Advance Wars) - I think Sami is a cool character who cooks provide something unique.
  • Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) - Back when the Smash Flash 2 expansion forums were still open, someone made a moveset for Sukapon all spirited out and I kinda just fell in love with the character and the concept.
  • Toad (Mario series) - No, not Captain Toad. The Toad, the one we've all grown up with and has been a staple in the series and is probably the most recognizable Nintendo all-star among the general populace who hasn't been promoted to olayable character yet. My most wanted.
  • Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) - I first learned of Dillon from the Haliburton leak at the beginning of SM4SH speculation after it has just been announced, and I love the aesthetic of the character and the concept for his possible unique abilities. I have him in my signature too haha.
  • Savvy Stylist (Style Savvy/Girl's Mode) - This is a bit of an oddball choice, but the character support thread helped turn my perception into a positive one, and I think they could be a really cool WFT-like shock addition that makes sense since the series is crazy popular in Japan.
  • Goku (Retro) - Not the overrated Dragon Ball Z anime Goku. I'm taking about the Classic Nintendo Retro character Goku who's a monkey and fights with a staff. I think he'd provide a lot of trollage potential haha, but I'm also a bit biased because Namco helped developed SM4SH and Goku has the potential to play like Kilik and/or Xiba from SoulCalibur (who was my favorite to play with in SC2), the latter of which is also inspired by story of Journey to the West.
That's just some of my most wanted, and I could go on (of the popular ones, I want to see K. Rool, Inklings and Wonder Red mainly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom