• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Perhaps you might consider just giving up. Might be the only chance you have to save what's left of your soul, anyway. :p

You monster. :reverse:
Please, blame the Undertale fanbase first. Because the entire reason I'm even playing this route, is to get the last of the major spoilers out. So I can finally stop having to run away from whatever little Undertale things gets posted just to avoid spoilers. It the undertale fanbase wasn't as big as it was I probably wouldn't have bothered. I very much like having the characters alive.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
Guys. Stop talking about Undertale. I just finished the game again, and seeing you all talk about it is going to make me want to play the whole game over, again. I'm DETERMINED to SAVE it for when I watch @Kenith play. ;)

ON a side note, this:

:)

Last edited:
Not necessarily do DLC or for a hypothetical Smash 5, but moreso in general who are your most wanted characters that aren't super popular with the community (this means characters besides K. Rool, Ridley, Dixie, Wonder Red, Isaac, Shantae, Paper Mario, Inklings, Wolf, Snake, IC, etc.)? I made the distinction because I know if I ask this question with it the above and others are likely to take up the majority of the answers without any real variety.

Mine are, in no particular order:

• Sami (Advance Wars) - I think Sami is a cool character who cooks provide something unique.
  • Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) - Back when the Smash Flash 2 expansion forums were still open, someone made a moveset for Sukapon all spirited out and I kinda just fell in love with the character and the concept.
  • Toad (Mario series) - No, not Captain Toad. The Toad, the one we've all grown up with and has been a staple in the series and is probably the most recognizable Nintendo all-star among the general populace who hasn't been promoted to olayable character yet. My most wanted.
  • Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) - I first learned of Dillon from the Haliburton leak at the beginning of SM4SH speculation after it has just been announced, and I love the aesthetic of the character and the concept for his possible unique abilities. I have him in my signature too haha.
  • Savvy Stylist (Style Savvy/Girl's Mode) - This is a bit of an oddball choice, but the character support thread helped turn my perception into a positive one, and I think they could be a really cool WFT-like shock addition that makes sense since the series is crazy popular in Japan.
  • Goku (Retro) - Not the overrated Dragon Ball Z anime Goku. I'm taking about the Classic Nintendo Retro character Goku who's a monkey and fights with a staff. I think he'd provide a lot of trollage potential haha, but I'm also a bit biased because Namco helped developed SM4SH and Goku has the potential to play like Kilik and/or Xiba from SoulCalibur (who was my favorite to play with in SC2), the latter of which is also inspired by story of Journey to the West.
That's just some of my most wanted, and I could go on (of the popular ones, I want to see K. Rool, Inklings and Wonder Red mainly).
Man I wish Wonder Red was super popular. . .

• Viridi (Kid Icarus) My most wanted. Nature powers+ Scythe+ snark=hype. Plus MAYBE caws and a palm but that is a stretch. My favorite character from my favorite game of all time.
  • Edea Lee. (Bravely Default) My 3rd most wanted. With all of the possible jobs to take from the moveset potential would be insane. Plus, Like Viridi, she is a fun character personality wise. I would love to play a Pirate ninja archer monk mage samurai. and that is just the surface
  • Toad (gee I wonder) One of the most iconic characters we dont have. Plus I like his design. It's nice. Toad with a Captain Toad alt is perfect for me

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well, some parts of it are big. But I'm sure the hype machine will take it and run with it.

I think the big information (in my eyes) will get partly overshadowed. =/
It's not really big, per se, but I do find it super interesting.

Muh relevancy!

D

Deleted member

Not necessarily do DLC or for a hypothetical Smash 5, but moreso in general who are your most wanted characters that aren't super popular with the community (this means characters besides K. Rool, Ridley, Dixie, Wonder Red, Isaac, Shantae, Paper Mario, Inklings, Wolf, Snake, IC, etc.)?
I've already stated in the past that I initially voted for Zael, who I know for a fact isn't very popular.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Not necessarily do DLC or for a hypothetical Smash 5, but moreso in general who are your most wanted characters that aren't super popular with the community (this means characters besides K. Rool, Ridley, Dixie, Wonder Red, Isaac, Shantae, Paper Mario, Inklings, Wolf, Snake, IC, etc.)? I made the distinction because I know if I ask this question with it the above and others are likely to take up the majority of the answers without any real variety.

• Sami (Advance Wars) - I think Sami is a cool character who cooks provide something unique.
  • Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) - Back when the Smash Flash 2 expansion forums were still open, someone made a moveset for Sukapon all spirited out and I kinda just fell in love with the character and the concept.
  • Toad (Mario series) - No, not Captain Toad. The Toad, the one we've all grown up with and has been a staple in the series and is probably the most recognizable Nintendo all-star among the general populace who hasn't been promoted to olayable character yet. My most wanted.
  • Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) - I first learned of Dillon from the Haliburton leak at the beginning of SM4SH speculation after it has just been announced, and I love the aesthetic of the character and the concept for his possible unique abilities. I have him in my signature too haha.
  • Savvy Stylist (Style Savvy/Girl's Mode) - This is a bit of an oddball choice, but the character support thread helped turn my perception into a positive one, and I think they could be a really cool WFT-like shock addition that makes sense since the series is crazy popular in Japan.
  • Goku (Retro) - Not the overrated Dragon Ball Z anime Goku. I'm taking about the Classic Nintendo Retro character Goku who's a monkey and fights with a staff. I think he'd provide a lot of trollage potential haha, but I'm also a bit biased because Namco helped developed SM4SH and Goku has the potential to play like Kilik and/or Xiba from SoulCalibur (who was my favorite to play with in SC2), the latter of which is also inspired by story of Journey to the West.
That's just some of my most wanted, and I could go on (of the popular ones, I want to see K. Rool, Inklings and Wonder Red mainly).
I'd main Cooking Mama in a heart beat. I imagine she'd be some kind of cross between Villager, Peach, and maybe a little game and watch (that could just be the frying pan though.) I can just imagine her throwing various cooking utensils and gourmet foods everywhere. She could even have a bit more movement to her charged smash attack animations to try and insinuate that she's "adding extra power" by pouring spices or whatever into her frying pan and other utensils.
She just seems as though she'd be an extremely fun character to play as.

@
Tactician Aaron Oh god, YES! It'll never happen in a million years, but that is a day one main right there. Just imagine that running animation in 3d...

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Not necessarily do DLC or for a hypothetical Smash 5, but moreso in general who are your most wanted characters that aren't super popular with the community (this means characters besides K. Rool, Ridley, Dixie, Wonder Red, Isaac, Shantae, Paper Mario, Inklings, Wolf, Snake, IC, etc.)? I made the distinction because I know if I ask this question with it the above and others are likely to take up the majority of the answers without any real variety
Honestly, the only characters I really want right now actively are Toad and Ridley. For Toad, I don't care if it's Captain Toad or "Toad" the character. I just really want this little guy in the game. He's incredibly iconic, and I love him to bits. I've always been a huge advocate of the character, and he's the Nintendo character I wanted the most in the days of major speculation. For Ridley, I'm not sure if he counts as being popular now, but I really do want him in the game still. Only moreso after Bagan's mod.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

• Dr. Eggman (Sonic): One of my favorite villains of all-time and my choice for a second Sonic character. Hammy and goofy, but still threating, he's definitely one of gaming's most recognizable villains.
And that's about it, all of my other most wanted characters are at least somewhat popular.

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

Here are mine,
1. Sami
Someone PLEASE finisher her in the leaked PM dev build. If she gets into Project M, she'll get more exposure and may eventually get into an official smash. Advance Wars > Fire Emblem.
2. Dillon
I love both of his games and he would be a really cool character. I also want more music from his series in the game.
3. Pious
Nintendo needs to do something with Eternal Darkness. Why not put Pious in smash. I mean he looks so cool and would have a really awesome moveset.
4. Sturm
Meteor strikes, and meteor smashes. Though we need Sami to get in first.
5. Olaf (Advance Wars)
His beard already justifies his inclusion.
6. John Raimi
He looks kind of like Tabuu and is a ghost.
7. Mr. Stevenson
He's a cool retro rep.
8. Monkey Fist
Have you seen all the monkey ninjas?
9. Pirate King Buggy D. Clown
Yes he's gonna be king of the pirates.
10. Seto Kaiba
The rules don't apply to him.

Chrono.

Pretty much all the characters I'd currently like to see are up there except Dixie (Tails, King Boo, Saki, Ray01 and Elma. to name a few)

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I just want to clarify something when you say paper mario is popular.

he is, but it;s also the most silently wanted character i have ever seen. What I mean is he's mentioned like a very unpopular character, but he is actually very wanted.

So, I disagree saying a good chunk of people would say paper mario, a good chunk woudl want it, but it;s harder to find mentions of him :)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Honestly, I have most of his moves pretty much figured out at this point. I may make a mistake here of there, but I should be able to make it at least to his "special attack"
...If it wasn't for that one move. Like, when two horizontal bones. One goes up, the other goes down. I don't know how to get past that move. I keep taking heavy damage from it. Honestly, that one move is making me want to look up the boss on Youtube to see some tricks to this boss.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
[wipes tear from eye]
I introduced my little sister to her first RPG and she loves it.
As a big brother and gamer I think I've done my job.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

No order..

1. Jack Frost
I love Persona/SMT, and Jack Frost is one of my all time favorite characters. LOVE his design and perosnality, and I feel he deserves to be in; his series has such a long history with Nintendo and has influenced much of gaming. And he's the mascot of Atlus.
2. Toad
Love this guy. Surprised he isn't in, he definitely should be.
3. Petey Piranha
One of my favorite Mario villains. He should be in after all the other neccessary characters of Mario (Paper Mario, Toad, Waluigi, and maybe E. Gadd and King Boo) is what I'm thinking; he should at least pop up eventually.
4. Poochy
Last time I bought this guy up it caused a multiple page long argument, let's just say I love him and want him in, with Ukiki preferably.
5. Big Boss
I'd like if Snake shared a slot with Big Boss. 4 Snake costumes, 4 Big Boss costumes. I'd love BB as his own character, and have made him a moveset, but I know it will not happen.
6. Nikki
I barely see people want her, and it makes me sad. She is a blessing.
7. Baby Bros
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi. I've always liked them. Too scared to say anything more
8. Mallo
Everyone's favorite sumo wrestler. Imagine him coming with a Pushmo stage! He definitely should be in; he's not 3rd party and is the most popular E-Shop series.
9. Tails/Knuckles/Eggman
Either of those 3 would be awesome. I'd like Knuckles the most, though.
And to cap this off..

10. Steve
Yeah, I know, it sounds ridiculous, but Minecraft has definitely left a legacy on a Smash-worthy level, and Steve's moveset would be AWESOME.

I've got a lot more, though!

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Oh wait, is there like pending leak stuff happening we're waiting on confirmation? Of course, as I'm going to sleep because I have to wake up around the time I usually go to sleep... haha
or is this pending big news related to something else?

Well maybe I'll wake up to some big news. :D

...or maybe I should stay away from here until Tuesday and attempt to actually be surprised. Tough call.

Last edited:
Oh wait, is there like pending leak stuff happening we're waiting on confirmation? Of course, as I'm going to sleep because I have to wake up around the time I usually go to sleep... haha

Well maybe I'll wake up to some big news. :D

...or maybe I should stay away from here until Tuesday and attempt to actually be surprised. Tough call.
Not a leak. A sakurai translation which apparently means things.

But Push is being especially cryptic. Both here and in the chat. Ninjas are supposed to be the cryptic ones. . .

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
During the Ballot's lifecycle, I voted for:
Roy (Before he was confirmed)
K. Rool (X2 One out of support, one after the Costume reveal)
Isaac
Rayman
Snake
Inklings
Sylux

That's as many as I remember.

As for the lesser-known (if you can call them that) characters I support:
Phoenix Wright - Love Ace Attorney, seeing him in Smash Bros would be a dream come true
Wonder Red - Love The Wonderful 101, a perfect, no, WONDERFUL, hidden gem in the Wii U gallery.
Henry Fleming - A steam based moveset around the concept of conservation like Robin would be fun to play with, not to mention Codename S.T.E.A.M needs more love!
Andy/Sami - One or the other, Advance Wars getting a playable character would be awesome.
Sylux would probably count here as well - a dark horse in the Metroid series for lots of exploration with in terms of backstory with Samus and the series' future. Although when are we going to hear about Federation Force again...?

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

But Push is being especially cryptic. Both here and in the chat. Ninjas are supposed to be the cryptic ones. . .
Ohhh. Alrighty. Well I mean, he's not going to say anything in the interview that's going to pertain to the broadcast so I'm not sure exactly what big news we'll have from that. Unless... he specifies Cloud was/wasn't ballot related? :V

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Ohhh. Alrighty. Well I mean, he's not going to say anything in the interview that's going to pertain to the broadcast so I'm not sure exactly what big news we'll have from that. Unless... he specifies Cloud was/wasn't ballot related? :V
Well, Push states its about DLC. The way he words it makes me think were getting DLC Characters into 2016 and that announcements will continue (even though this is just me wishfully thinking...)

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

ninja...NINJA!? I never trusted him, but now we know,
PUSH IS A MONKEY NINJA

^Pushdustin
:troll:
Though it might be true.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
We should set up a chat in Discord for the Direct
Source Gaming will be hosting a live broadcast! You should join that. I'm announcing the special guest in the translation post!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I voted for Rayman, Snake, Banjo, and King K. Rool on four separate computers.

As far as unpopular characters go, I also voted for Pokemon Trainer to come back and actually be a fighter.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I voted for Rayman, Snake, Banjo, and King K. Rool on four separate computers.

As far as unpopular characters go I also voted for Pokemon Trainer to come back and actually be a fighter.
What a great cue for my return post!

Hope for Pokemon Trainer everyone, the most important Nintendo all star and veteran, bar none. Let's get a little action from the protagonist of the second biggest franchise in gaming history.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not necessarily do DLC or for a hypothetical Smash 5, but more so in general who are your most wanted characters that aren't super popular with the community?
Ray 01 - Custom Robo - He has always been one of my biggest requests since Brawl. While nowadays I use Ray to specify all of the Ray models, if I was allowed to choose which model, it'd be the one I've always supported.
Saki - Sin & Punishment - Sure he's an Assist Trophy, but after playing the Sin & Punishment games, he should get a spot. Not to mention he has a laser gunblade. And a jetpack or something similar. And another special ability.
Captain Syrup - Wario Land - She's a Pirate. And comes from a great series. Nuff' said.
Samurai Goroh - F-Zero - Another assist trophy that I would like to be a character. Plus, I think he'd be more interesting than Black Shadow with Ganondorf's moveset. Plus, who wouldn't want a swordfighter that isn't as noble, honorable, etc as the other swordfighters?
Tamagon - Devil World - One of the few characters that you can actually say, "Look, no hands!" after you beat your opponent. That being said, he's pretty unique design-wise.
Dark Matter - Kirby - Always liked this character, whether it'd be his swordsman form, in his eyeball form or in the form of Zero. Not to mention he's one of the few recurring main Kirby villains. That being said, I definitely want to see him in his swordsman form with elements of his other forms in some of his specials and Final Smash.
Giygas - Mother/Earthbound - Another not-so-popular villain, with Porky or other characters being more popular. Sure, he's often seen as the big red blob of evil most of the time, but he does have a normal form in Earthbound Beginnings. Not to mention his inclusion would have all of the Mother games represented, with Ness representing Mother 2, Lucas with Mother 3 and Normal Form Giygas with Mother 1.
Corrin - Fire Emblem:troll: - "Screech! Screech!" Okay, Fire Emblem over-representing aside, I would like a Fire Emblem character that is also a dragon. Or at least uses their dragon form. Dragons have a huge history with Fire Emblem and after Robin's Magic and weapon-breaking references, I would like to see a dragon get in. I'd also be fine with Tiki, but Corrin can actually manifest his/her dragon parts without fully transforming and even attack with them, allowing him/her great moveset potential. Also, Shipping Lords unite! That being said, I'm fine with the amount of Fire Emblem characters we have now, and I already love using Robin alot, so I'm not too worried about Corrin right now. But still, I would like to see a dragon from Fire Emblem appear in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom