• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Since the Ballot closed months ago and this may very well be the end of SM4SH DLC (though I don't personally think so), who did you vote for in the ballot? (The first time, for those of you who tried multiple times)

I voted for Toad.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I guess I edited my post a little bit too much as it seemed to get very little attention.

My basic idea is, I want to create a Thank You Card to Sakurai. Basically have a lot of Smash Boards Members sign it along with other forums (with usernames and possibly small messages) across the internet. Then have PushDustIn tweet it to him in Japanese so he'll notice.

Might seem difficult, but would be really cool as I feel he really deserves it for what he's done.

Thoughts?
Wasn't something like this attempted by our community before Smash 4 came out? I wonder if it was ever finished...

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
You could say one of my predictions for the Smash broadcast involve characters from a certain company levelling up to a certain number. :068:
wait my friend voted vote machamp and his fave color is blue :O omg your working together Darn it XD
Since the Ballot closed months ago and this may very well be the end of SM4SH DLC (though I don't personally think so), who did you vote for in the ballot? (The first time, for those of you who tried multiple times)

I voted for Toad.
I voted for Geno and Vaati and umm Cloud but that doesn't matter XD

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, I'm gonna join the bandwagon
View attachment 87305
Yes, some contradict each other but who cares

Wait, he does? Or is he just joking?
It's hard to tell when you're on the internet...
"Sephiroth kills Aerith trophy"

This should be your free space, dude.
I don't see how they could miss representing this pivotal moment with a trophy.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
There was a big Smash thank you project run by @Pacack at one point. But I think it might've gotten discontinued or something. Be sure to be really dedicated to such a project.
This one would most likely be of smaller scale as it would just be a thank you card with a bunch of signatures.
I'm not sure how well it would work, but I think it's a really nice idea, just to remind Sakurai how appreciated he is.
See, my idea was to make a basic white image file. In that image file, people would constantly edit it by putting a small message and there username in there. Now, the problem with that would be people trying to edit others out and so fourth.

As a disclaimer, this is something that might be relatively small. I'm not saying I'm going to go ahead with the idea or not, but I just thought it was neat in concept. Sakurai has worked so hard on Smash 4, that I thought it would be a good parting gift of sorts.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238

I voted for Toad.
PAPER MARIO I just had to show my support for that.
I wonder how his chances are...I've seen some folks on the internet say he'd be like the Toon Link of the Zelda series: representing an entire different side of the series using a different version of the same character.
but we all know he wouldn't be a clone:dizzy:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how his chances are...I've seen some folks on the internet say he'd be like the Toon Link of the Zelda series: representing an entire different side of the series using a different version of the same character.
my fear is he will be a clone... T^T

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
YEAH!!! PAPER MARIO BOYS GOOOO
He has really good chances imo. I know you can't always trust fan polls but he continually ranks pretty high in them.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

^ Fixed the picture for "Gimmicky stage" since it seemed to be causing confusion.
I think a better fix would be throwing an image of Ridley, Metal Face, and Yellow Devil all at once on it.

It's literally impossible for Paper Mario to be a clone of Mario.

Last edited:

I voted for Toad.
Viridi (most wanted. Also first vote)
Ridley (many many times)
Wonder red (most times )
Agnes Oblige
Dixie kong
Phienix wright
Melia

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This is the same man who took Ganondorf and made him a Captain Falcon (semi)clone.
Just saying, anything can happen.
They had the same body shape.
Paper Mario is completely flat while Mario is 3D.

It would take more creativity to make Paper Mario a Mario clone than it would to make him completely unique.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I voted for Toad.
I voted for Wolf Link and Midna. Twice.
Regret every second of it tbh.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hmm, I MIGHT make a BINGO sheet for Tuesday event. But if I do will, it'll be very light on character predicting.

And here's me right now:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
this feels weird to not tell my opinion on this as i think last time I did was like months ago :)

There isn;t much point to do that, sure i guess you can argue that he woudn't feel natural and everything that makes him inherently not a clone, but the real thing is if you consider why a clone would be made at all, it;s not really fitting to put him on Paper Mario.

Sakurai made clear once that the making of a clone shouldn't be too much effort to disrupt the work flow of the game, aka it kind have to be straight forward to do it. the problem is take Paper Mario and the only models that could even work is mario and G&w. The later, huge problem: it;s a 3d models, plus, you would have a lot of work to redo the animations so that they are more fluid.

And mario, that actually doesn;t work because to make him look like Paper Mario, you woudl have to have the artstyle, and having the artstyle means you would have to do make sure he would look like a paper and that is not easily done. It would take a good effort, enough to not be much worth as a clone, the worst is they already have dr mario for a clone, why would they even add him? Even playstyle wise it would be not worth it, if you see paper Mario as a clone, there isn;t much that paper Mario can do that is a variation of mario and only that simply because he acts very differently.

TL;DR, i wouldn’t; worry much, it;s hard to see him as a clone where there's already a character that does a pretty good job at that.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Also, this is a weird question but..

Literally 6 people liked that post Alde replied to me with. I'm assuming that means my Paper Mario supporting is somewhat negative/negatively seen.

Can I ask what I'm doing wrong?

Also, I don't mean anything mean towards Alde in this post, I'm just worried.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I decided to make my own Bingo board for Direct since other people are giving it a shot.

In order to create the authentic Burb experience, most of it is based around negativity, salt, and broken dreams!

Etika may as well be a free space, the dude literally STREAMS his reaction to Directs, that's as "Immediately" as you can possibly get. :V

...The top right one should be too. :shaker:

D

Deleted member

People can use whatever arguments they want for Paper Mario to not be a clone but at the end of the day, he's still Mario
We've got clones that make much less sense than he would do

I voted for Toad.
I voted for the Special Combat Agent, CENTINELS Planetary Secret Service, Blossom City Field Office! Also known as...Wonder-Red!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325

I voted for Toad.
i love you

have my children.
I voted for Wolf Link and Midna. Twice.
Regret every second of it tbh.
wat

Why? Oi mean, they were already assist trophies so I would had already lost hope, but ehh, I think they said somewhere that the results could be used in future things.

still can't wait for that Midna amiibo tho technically it's a wolf link amiibo but it got midna on it so aaaaaay

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
People can use whatever arguments they want for Paper Mario to not be a clone but at the end of the day, he's still Mario
We've got clones that make much less sense than he would do

I voted for the Special Combat Agent, CENTINELS Planetary Secret Service, Blossom City Field Office! Also known as...Wonder-Red!
What exactly are you trying to say here?
Have you even played Paper Mario? And do you even realize it's anatomically impossible for him to be a clone fo Mario?

Sorry if I sound harsh, but, there's really no way he can be a clone. I say "can be" instead of "will be" or whatever because, say, the up-special isn't really possible to implement as a clone move, same with the down special...

Also, his hammer.

And I forgot; Wouldn't that mean ZSS is a Samus clone? ZSS is Samus, but look at how different their movesets are.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
wat

Why? Oi mean, they were already assist trophies so I would had already lost hope, but ehh, I think they said somewhere that the results could be used in future things.

still can't wait for that Midna amiibo tho technically it's a wolf link amiibo but it got midna on it so aaaaaay
Smash speculation has made me hate Midna.
That's why...

D

Deleted member

What exactly are you trying to say here?
Have you even played Paper Mario? And do you even realize it's anatomically impossible for him to be a clone fo Mario?

Sorry if I sound harsh, but, there's really no way he can be a clone. I say "can be" instead of "will be" or whatever because, say, the up-special isn't really possible to implement as a clone move, same with the down special...

Also, his hammer.

And I forgot; Wouldn't that mean ZSS is a Samus clone? ZSS is Samus, but look at how different their movesets are.
He is Mario
Made of paper
That's all the general fanbase cares about
Sure he can be original but saying he CAN'T be a clone is bull****

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
There will be a Smash 5 ?
I mean... it's just too far away to think about it, right ?

Something about some people that made in the game be considered "veterans" at the time it comes already haunts me.
Also, Smash5 speculation will be nuts.
I can't see it happening yet, would be around 2020...
I think that if Sakurai really made this game as his last one in the franchise, he will say about it in this direct.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can anyone make a bingo sheet for me?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I voted for Captain Toad, Dixie and Paper Mario.

I think I may have voted for solo Popo back when I was a salty sea dog.

Arrr me mateys.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
He is Mario
Made of paper
But he literally can't be a clone! He can be like, 3/4's a clone, or a semiclone, but as I said, there are moves of Mario's you cannot recreate with Paper Mario.

The general fanbase is not Sakurai. I doubt Sakurai feels he'd be a clone.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I voted for K.Rool, Isaac, Snake and Wolf.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
He is Mario
Made of paper
its impossible to paper mario a mario clone.Half the stuff mario does in smash paper mario cant even do

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Keyword here.
The only way a character can be a clone is if they share the original's EXACT body shape.

...It's not exact. Their shape is different.
The key about this is : Falcondorf.
From what I saw from Smash to this point: Everything can be "adjusted".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom