• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Decided to make my own Bingo card

From top to bottom:

B
-Shantae and(*)/or Shovel Knight gets into Smash (playable or Mii costume)
-More Sega content
-Dixie Kong playable
-Xenoblade X content
-One or more veterans return (playable)
*"And" very likely means they're both costumes or one is while one isn't, not both playable.)

I
-Inkling playable
-Something that very few people seen coming happens (example: Cloud playable)
-eShop crashes
-Sakurai "pulls a fast one" on us
-Microsoft content

N
-Trophies
-Newcomer whose not got their own individual square on my bingo card gets revealed
-Free Space
-Smash Ballot information
-One or more past stages return

G
-One or more new stages (not counting Midgar)
-amiibo news
-More Bandai Namco content
-King K. Rool playable
-More Mii Costumes

O
-Dragon Quest content
-Isaac playable
-Sakurai mentions Iwata
-Nothing from Konami
-'The salt REALLY flows' (has to be the majority of Smash Brothers players or close to)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hope you guys enjoy.

A (not so serious) Smash Direct Prediction Video.

This is hilarious.

I laughed so much at the birdo part and the ridley one, but

Koopa Mother ****** Koopa

The way you said that is to good. I support this choice all the way!

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
tbh I don't really get why Wii U's "superiority" matters when people talk about the games. It sucks people have to have a stigma towards the 3DS version.
I really like Smash 3DS. Being able to play a portable smash during my commute is great and I honestly like Smash Run better than any of the game modes in Smash Wii U. It's also been nice to play smash with my friends who don't generally buy consoles and haven't owned a smash game before.

It's true that the Ice Climbers aren't in Smash Wii U because of the 3DS version and Olimar/Alph barely made it in. That's unfortunate. But I think Smash 3DS is still a good game that would probably seem even better to people if it was a completely separate smash game and not tied to Smash Wii U. I definitely wouldn't have expected the first portable smash to have such a huge roster and stage selection for example.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I had to use MSPaint because reasons so my bingo card looks more like a serial killer cut-and-paste hit-list. :p

Smash Broadcast Bingo.png

Also lol none of my rows are the same size. :(

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
While we are making Bingo cards the final four of the tournament is happening with the final match on Final Destination.

:4bowser::4zelda:
:4megaman::4duckhunt:
:4ness::4diddy:
:4littlemac::4jigglypuff: (Randomized choices. Had a last round bye due to no opponents and defeated ZSS/Link)

These are the final teams

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Eh, I don't understand, are those bingo things predictions or wishlists?
Because some of them are super biased.

Last edited:

Soul.

So I had to use MSPaint because reasons so my bingo card looks more like a serial killer cut-and-paste hit-list. :p

View attachment 87302
Also lol none of my rows are the same size. :(
the best part of this list is "Wii U stage port to 3DS" with Smashville on the image lol
I really like Smash 3DS. Being able to play a portable smash during my commute is great and I honestly like Smash Run better than any of the game modes in Smash Wii U. It's also been nice to play smash with my friends who don't generally buy consoles and haven't owned a smash game before.

It's true that the Ice Climbers aren't in Smash Wii U because of the 3DS version and Olimar/Alph barely made it in. That's unfortunate. But I think Smash 3DS is still a good game that would probably seem even better to people if it was a completely separate smash game and not tied to Smash Wii U. I definitely wouldn't have expected the first portable smash to have such a huge roster and stage selection for example.
I'm just glad it exists honestly. With NX most likely having the same architecture on both platforms there's a chance there may be a handheld Smash, but who knows. Just wish people didn't hate it just because of one character

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wish lists disguised as predictions

Also, some of them say stuff that's probably not going to be show

Like buffs/ needs...shown in a direct?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Your choices of text colors hurt my eyes

White with black outline man.
lol Henry Chrom IC but no muddy mole
MS Paint, man. I can't even do that. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

The only thing i will predict is that i will dissapear shortly after the Broacast is over (since the broadcast will likely announce the final DLC characters). Im just filler anyway

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I think I'm gonna be super basic in terms of predictions and say we'll see at least one more character aside from Cloud, at least one more stage, and probably the entire new set of mii costumes.
I'd love for more than that though.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Mine is mostly predictions, some wishful thinking.
Something fun to do while watching the broadcast.

...Plus I was bored and decided to jump on the Bingo bandwagon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hope you guys enjoy.

A (not so serious) Smash Direct Prediction Video.

My favorite part was the disclaimer
I find it funny that you think you need to tell people in the internet that you are just joking

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The SSB Tournament Final is on

Beauty and The Beast vs Cap Crew.

:4zelda::4bowser:VS:4diddy::4ness:

It's on

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
While we are making Bingo cards the final four of the tournament is happening with the final match on Final Destination.

:4bowser::4zelda:
:4megaman::4duckhunt:
:4ness::4diddy:
:4littlemac::4jigglypuff: (Randomized choices. Had a last round bye due to no opponents and defeated ZSS/Link)

These are the final teams
It fills me with a weird sense of joy to see that a Bowser-Zelda team has made it to the semi-finals. I wouldn't have expected it haha.

EDIT: And they made the finals!

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
My favorite part was the disclaimer
I find it funny that you think you need to tell people in the internet that you are just joking
Considering one of the most popular personalities in the Smash community thinks Goku has a real shot at being DLC and is 100% serious about that....

Mine's based on a mixture of stuff I think will/could happen that would upset people, unrealistic stuff that would upset people, and stuff I think people are overconfident about. Plus a few random things.

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I keep seeing people have hopes for things like "non-mii costumes" and honestly I love the idea of new costumes for characters as DLC. it'd give the potential of a fresh appearance for every character.

I can actually kinda see them releasing costume packs for characters for a small price. Like, "The Mario Pack" which would give like 1-3 new costumes for everyone in the Mario series.
IDK, I think it'd be neat.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know what we should do after DLC development is done and the SSB4 development team has officially disbanded? We should create a huge online card of sorts for Sakurai and maybe write a message in there along with our username from this thread/other websites thanking him for what he's accomplished.

Then @PushDustIn could maybe tweet it to him in Japanese so he might notice. Does that sound like a great idea at all?

I just want to really appreciate what Sakurai has done of the span of Smash 4 and throughout his career. It would be a great way of telling him we appreciate what he's doing for us and for the community.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well out of a Best 2 out of 3 match,

Cap Crew (The Team of Ness and Diddy Kong wins the Smash Tag Team Tournament)

They will be another tournament but this time :4cloud:, Miis and whoever new fighters are in the mix

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I guess I could say my predictions for the last two characters.

Koei Tecmo Character (Ryu/Kasumi) and Level 5 character(Layton/Jibanyan)

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Well out of a Best 2 out of 3 match,

Cap Crew (The Team of Ness and Diddy Kong wins the Smash Tag Team Tournament)

They will be another tournament but this time :4cloud:, Miis and whoever new fighters are in the mix
it was a good run my children :4bowser::4zelda:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I guess I could say my predictions for the last two characters.

Koei Tecmo Character (Ryu/Kasumi) and Level 5 character(Layton/Jibanyan)
I have only one concern about this.
That folks will rampage it's not Linkle or Lana from Koei Tecmo, giving us also another Zelda rep.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
What if after Sakurai and his team are done, Nintendo hires the PM team to do more DLC. That way Sakurai can work on other games and we get more DLC.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I guess I edited my post a little bit too much as it seemed to get very little attention.

My basic idea is, I want to create a Thank You Card to Sakurai. Basically have a lot of Smash Boards Members sign it along with other forums (with usernames and possibly small messages) across the internet. Then have PushDustIn tweet it to him in Japanese so he'll notice.

Might seem difficult, but would be really cool as I feel he really deserves it for what he's done.

Thoughts?

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I guess I edited my post a little bit too much as it seemed to get very little attention.

My basic idea is, I want to create a Thank You Card to Sakurai. Basically have a lot of Smash Boards Members sign it along with other forums (with usernames and possibly small messages) across the internet. Then have PushDustIn tweet it to him in Japanese so he'll notice.

Might seem difficult, but would be really cool as I feel he really deserves it for what he's done.

Thoughts?
I'm not sure how well it would work, but I think it's a really nice idea, just to remind Sakurai how appreciated he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom