• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
The only real thing i want from this boardcast.Is 1 melee stage.It cant be that hard.Fourside,fountain of dreams, Venom,etc. Just 1. 1 is all i want
......I am still am and going tbh, I should still be it, the only reason I psot less in it is because it;s the end of speculation soon.

And going tbh, if I had to give OP (which I will never do as far as my support is concerned), it woudln;t be you, I know other people that would do a better job.

For example, did you know that your sig was linking a defunct thread since a month or 2?

Click it, it;s not open for replies, the thread got moved by me in the new support group.

Plus, you never actually got into the thread......

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Regardless of the bet I'm still confident it's gonna be the Inklings.

Also **** Level E-5 of Luigi's Mansion: Dark of the Moon. So salty...I only had the Globber left to kill and he was almost dead...but nope. And the lack of checkpoints means I have to do that whole timed hell level again.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Originally it was "If Pichu gets in", but at this point it's who you think will get revealed. Winner(s) get to pick the loser(s) avatar(s) for a week. Speaking of...

TheAnvil TheAnvil
epicmartin7 epicmartin7
Rules have changed. Could you pick who you think will get in?

You can join, but is it okay if you instead pick a character?
It's just easier to have everyone on an equal footing.
I'll stick with this:
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/03/sgchoice10/

Though with this, we could all be wrong!

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Um... that's fine. I'll pick Shovel Knight then. Might as well.

Uh... it's nothing bad. It's meant to be a joke. I guess I'm sorry if you feel that way. If you don't want me to joke with you, that's fine.
n0n0n0

It's not that

but it's REALLY common

the spoilers are really funny but it's just kind of like

To open or not open? Y'know? When you know what's waiting?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Either loser must also write a paragraph explaining in detail what a great character Indiana Jone's Willie Scott is. :p
Oy! Nobody implies Temple of Doom isn't awesome and gets away with it when I'm around. Willie Scott can sing in Chinese. That's pretty sweet.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'll stick with this:
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/03/sgchoice10/

Though with this, we could all be wrong!
So, how about I go with Dixie then? Sounds all right to you?

But what determines who wins and who doesn't and who gets to choose whose avatars in the end?
The first part is simple, it's the Nintendo Direct.
The winners are the ones who get their characters revealed in said Direct (and pick the avatars), and the losers are the ones who don't.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So I guess this has been talked about since it's a few days old at this point but...

Rare has the final say over Rare Replay coming to Wii U or not? Before you lot jump down my throat, no, I don't think this has anything to do with Smash, I doubt it'll even come to fruition but... that's interesting. That's very interesting.

Also I want it. Rare Replay is one helluva collection. :D
Just the thought of the XBLA versions of Kazooie and Tooie being on the Wii U is just....amazing, to say the least.
I don't see it happening, but man, I wish it would.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We all waiting for the Direct and I forgot that The Force Awakens comes out next Thursday.

Hype.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Just the thought of the XBLA versions of Kazooie and Tooie being on the Wii U is just....amazing, to say the least.
I don't see it happening, but man, I wish it would.
I know that, but...
But, who is deciding the avatars for the losers? Is it just you or are there...um...rivals?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I know that, but...
But, who is deciding the avatars for the losers? Is it just you or are there...um...rivals?
It's anyone who gets theirs picked (AKA the winners), so everyone is equal in this, including me.
In other words, if it's not Pichu that's revealed than I don't pick but instead get a new avatar by whoever is the winner(s).

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Honestly I'll be really surprised if Waluigi and Isabelle aren't promoted for Smash 5.

It just makes sense. Animal Crossing deserves more then 1 rep, and Waluigi is...well, REALLY demanded.
When it comes to playable characters, Mario representation in Smash tends to go in favor of characters with main series importance. The fact that both Rosalina and Bowser Jr were added in favor of Waluigi's promotion is proof of this.

And considering Nintendo clearly has no intention of making Waluigi anything other than spinoff fodder in spite of his popularity, I'm quite certain he'll remain an Assist Trophy in Smash 5 unless he's promoted in the main series.

Isabelle, on the other hand, is most definitely the likeliest possible second Animal Crossing rep. I'd actually put her at the top of the list for Assist Trophies who are most likely to be promoted in Smash 5.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm working on a satire video for "Predictions" on the Smash Direct.

Lots of references to our community over the years and the initial recording is pretty damn hilarious. I think you all will enjoy it a ton.

Expect it in the next 2 hours.

D

Deleted member

I love Road to El Dorado. I know it's off-topic, but i love it so much.....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Because this is the very last Smash-dedicated presentation we'll see in a good while, I made a bingo for the final occasion.

Here goes:

Took more time than I expected and some of the spots are not too serious. :p

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I love Road to El Dorado. I know it's off-topic, but i love it so much.....
*sees sig*
♪We're three Cabaleros, three gay Cabaleros, I don't remember the reeeeest♪
Joe and Panchito are fairly popular in the Netherlands actually. They appear in the Donald Duck comics fairly often. Doesn't help Carl Bark's sequel was pretty well written

Burb

The Absolute Worst

B

1. Inkling as Playable Character
2. Fake Out
3. Trophies
4. Ballot Discussion (by Sakurai or Nintendo worker)
5. Leak

I

1. CSS being re-ogranized
2. Custom Moves for DLC characters
3. Mii Costumes
4. Solid Snake (or any Snake)
5. Meltdown from any Smash Community

N

1. Sakurai make his appearance in the broadcast (any actions is just bonus)
2. Palutena's Guidance for DLC characters
3. Cloud - Free Space
4. Inkopolis
5. Isaac (for anything like Mii Costume, etc)

G

1. Takamaru Mii Costume
2. Holy **** or OMG moment (It have to be legit)
3. Microsoft
4. Classic Smash Bros Intro
5. 4 Characters

O

1. Shadow Moses Island
2. EShop Crash
3. 3 or more DLC stages
4. Amiibo
5. Wolf

It's impossible to make the bingo without being unreasonable.. so I have no choice but fill it out with some crazy stuffs.
Probably should've put "Splatoon Stage" and "MGS Stage" in rather than Inkopolis and Shadow Moses. They're a bit too specific. Like, imagine if we got Inkling and the stage bundles with them was something other than Inkopolis. It'd be sorta bull.

Shadow Moses is a safer guess (well, as safe as any guess involving a Snake return can be, considering he has little-to-no chance of coming back), but it suffers from the same issue nevertheless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, my complaint with these bingo cards is that salt should be the free space. :p

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I wish I had good photoshop skills. I want to join in the bingo card fest too.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I'm curious, why does every bingo posted so far have Snake on it?

He isn't the most likely( but that may be the point), and as I stated before, I don't think Nintendo would want all the hate that come towards them for bringing Snake back because of Konami. However if he is back, it may have been to late to drop the deal...
As a fan of Snake, I'm not even sure I want to see konamii coming back after what they've done...

Shroob

Sup?
So I'm curious, why does every bingo posted so far have Snake on it?

He isn't the most likely( but that may be the point), and as I stated before, I don't think Nintendo would want all the hate that come towards them for bringing Snake back because of Konami. However if he is back, it may have been to late to drop the deal...
As a fan of Snake, I'm not even sure I want to see konamii coming back after what they've done...
People love the character, regardless of the company.

Hate the sins, not the sinner mentality.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've finally settled on my Top 3 Nintendo newcomer wants:

1. Dixie
2. Paper Mario
3. Midna

Amd top 3rd party is the impossible Banjo K-Money.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've finally settled on my Top 3 Nintendo newcomer wants:

1. Dixie
2. Paper Mario
3. Midna

Amd top 3rd party is the impossible Banjo K-Money.
All very solid and dare I say, deserving choices.
Your #1 in particular is a solid choice. I'm genuinely surprised she hasn't been included yet honestly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom